Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

i need help making droid armor

Page: 1 of 1
 the 501!
06-10-2006, 3:42 AM
i want to make a droid armor that makes a droid look like a jedi and use a saber
 EnderWiggin
06-10-2006, 1:30 PM
You will have to give us more information before we can help you.

I do, however, have a sneaking suspicion that what you ask is impossible, due to the lack of saber animations that droids have.

Otherwise, if you give more information, we can help you find what you seek, or an alternate solution.

_EW_
 Lit Ridl
06-11-2006, 5:31 AM
As he said he want to make droid looks like jedi. I think you will need to create disquise that will give your droids appearance of Jedis and create on your droid armor bonus feats (Force Sensitive, Lightsaber proficiency, Jedi Defense). But it may be difficult to equip droid with lightsaber (oh I forgot that it will have lightsaber proficiency). You may easily do it all with help of Kotor Tool.
 EnderWiggin
06-11-2006, 6:33 AM
As he said he want to make droid looks like jedi.

Obviously! The question is, which droids, which jedi, etc. Is it T3 and HK, or battle droids or what? Which game even?

I think you will need to create disquise that will give your droids appearance of Jedis and create on your droid armor bonus feats (Force Sensitive, Lightsaber proficiency, Jedi Defense).

It would be quite easy to make an armor that has a disguise property and changes it into a jedi...

But it may be difficult to equip droid with lightsaber (oh I forgot that it will have lightsaber proficiency). You may easily do it all with help of Kotor Tool.

This is not the solution. While it is possible, it will not do what he requests...

Does disguising the droid give it animations for force powers and lightsabers?

It is moot, however, because I wouldn't think sabers would even be allowed to be equipped, because you can't equip melee weapons in droid weapon slots. Disguising does not change slots.

But, if I had more information, then maybe he could use KSE or something to change these droids - HK or T3, if that's who he refers to, into a jedi fully, or he could make a new recruit mod. We don't even know that that's who he means.

We need more info.

_EW_
 stoffe
06-11-2006, 6:48 AM
Does disguising the droid give it animations for force powers and lightsabers?

It is moot, however, because I wouldn't think sabers would even be allowed to be equipped, because you can't equip melee weapons in droid weapon slots. Disguising does not change slots.

While changing models would give the character saber fighting animations, since animations are tied to the model, it is, like you say, not possible to equip the sabers to begin with. This kind of thing is controlled by the race of the NPC, and I don't think you can change the race of an NPC dynamically. If the race is set to Droid, lightsabers can't be equipped, even with scripts, no matter what model the character has.
 EnderWiggin
06-11-2006, 8:53 PM
While changing models would give the character saber fighting animations, since animations are tied to the model, it is, like you say, not possible to equip the sabers to begin with. This kind of thing is controlled by the race of the NPC, and I don't think you can change the race of an NPC dynamically. If the race is set to Droid, lightsabers can't be equipped, even with scripts, no matter what model the character has.

Thank you Stoffe!

_EW_
 Lit Ridl
06-12-2006, 4:14 AM
Stoffe is right. Thank her. The best way is to edit your droid before you will got it in your party with k-gff or what you use to modify creatures. But if you will change droid's race to human it will cause some bugs - first of all droid powers will not affect them and human's one will affect, they can not any more use repair packs, heal power will take effect on them. Stoffe sais that it is impossible to equip lightsaber on droid. I don't know, may be it was bug but I have equiped my HK with vibrosword!
 spyblade
06-12-2006, 4:20 PM
I found this (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/12810.html) mod by Astrofro on pcgamemods. It is for K1, so it might not be what you're looking for if you're doing something for TSL. This mod adds droid-useable lightsabers (new baseitems.2da line), it also has an armor that changes the droid's appearance to various aliens. That disguise could probably be changed to a jedi fairly quickly w/ Tetra's Kotor Tool. I have not used this mod in game, so I don't know how well it works. Hopefully this helps you with your mod.
 EnderWiggin
06-12-2006, 4:39 PM
new baseitems.2da line

Ooh....

I didn't think of that...
Combined with the model change of a disguise armor, this could be exactly what he wants.

_EW_
 stoffe
06-12-2006, 5:49 PM
Just keep in mind that some lightsaber-related functionality, such as the Force Jump feats, are tied to the original lightsaber baseitem types. Thus any sabers with new base items can't be used for force jumping, for example. The combat AI also occasionally checks the base item type of equipped weapons when making decisions on what to do.
 spyblade
06-12-2006, 6:03 PM
I should have stated this in my earlier thread, but didn't. And maybe this is a bit off-topic. If you do add a new line to baseitems.2da, some of the functions of the lightsaber will not operate 100% like a lightsaber normally would. I remember seeing a thread earlier (which one escapes me at the moment) where they talked about how the lightsaber jumping (and possibly blaster bolt deflection) was hardcoded (?) with that particular baseitems line. I'm not positive, but I made a recruit mod (err...failed mod) a while ago that used a human's appearance but had a droid's innerworkings. I made a utility item that gave them the jumping feat, but I never did see them actually jump. Unfortunately, I am not sure how one would work around this.
I wish you luck.

Edit: I'm too slow for Stoffe (master-scripter).
lol
 Darkkender
06-12-2006, 6:16 PM
Have you actually used the above mod that you mentioned mattz? If so does it allow droids to actually make use of the various animations related to weilding a lightsaber?
 spyblade
06-12-2006, 7:28 PM
I have not used Astrofro's DroidMod (on pcgamemods), but I did make a recruit mod that used one of the player appearance models for a droid character (I put down a new appearance.2da line). I found Astrofro's mod when I had made some of my mod, and at the time it seemed to function in the same way (baseitems.2da, edited lightsaber .uti's, etc.) The only thing different was how the appearance was implemented as disguises.

I made some "droidsabers" and some utilities to upgrade melee feats,etc. The character used the custom lightsabers in combat fine. They upgraded as well (used Achilles walk-thru ---Thanx)

However, I never saw "her" use the blasterbolt deflection (or jump, for that matter) function, but there was a major bug in my mod that forced me to use "her" as the leader because she refused to follow any other character. I put my mod on hold and have not messed with it since.
 Lit Ridl
06-13-2006, 6:51 AM
I have just tested this mod. When I was loading the game I was full of hopes and interests. Then I warped to Yuka Lakas shop. Bought all items that droid has. Bought HK and equip him. This mod hasn't any animations of lightsabers. My HK just started to shot from the hilt. Without any blasts! To shot he needed to be at melee range to object. Disquises are good, but their creation is easy to all us. I know for first mod it is very good.
 Darkkender
06-13-2006, 4:56 PM
I have just tested this mod. When I was loading the game I was full of hopes and interests. Then I warped to Yuka Lakas shop. Bought all items that droid has. Bought HK and equip him. This mod hasn't any animations of lightsabers. My HK just started to shot from the hilt. Without any blasts! To shot he needed to be at melee range to object. Disquises are good, but their creation is easy to all us. I know for first mod it is very good.

Just what I thought the case would be.
 illuzion69
06-14-2006, 7:04 PM
I tried to do something similar a long time ago for kotor 1 and there wasn't any melee animations for droids put into the game. :( I wanted to make an army of HK droids all with lightsabers. :D
 Lit Ridl
06-15-2006, 4:52 AM
I am not sure, but may be that nodes you see when exporting the character models may help? Droids haven't this nodes. What will be if to copy such a nodes for example from Hanharr? Sorry, if I am wrong...
Page: 1 of 1