Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

EaW matchup: Emperor V Yoda?

Page: 1 of 1
 Rust_Lord
06-08-2006, 8:07 PM
Im surprised this question hasnt been asked yet now that we all know Yoda will be making an appearance in FoC. Maybe it has but I havent seen it...Okay, so we have all seen what happens when Obi-Wan and Vader go toe to toe in game, but how do you think this is going to go? As much as I love ol' Palpatine I wouldnt know who to put my cash on...
 Darth Andrew
06-09-2006, 1:08 AM
Hmm. If they were rushing towards each other, Palpatine would let off some Lightning, which would considerably damage Yoda, but with his special beserk attack, I think Yoda would win every time.
 PoiuyWired
06-09-2006, 3:34 AM
Well we don't know what powers would yoda have yet.

Some kind of powerful force push would probably be in, but what would the other power be(other than the free shake-down-a-building power)?
 Darth Alec
06-09-2006, 6:58 AM
If they added the senate building on couruscant, it might work...
 Darth_Extas
06-09-2006, 7:55 AM
Actually did you watch the yoda video, that was released at E3. Yoda does have beserk, but he has some other power as well(I forget). Force-Lightening cannot affect heroes directly, Besides the Emperor sucks the health from yoda.

Note: This topic was addressed earlier
 wedge2211
06-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Yoda's abilities are a lightsaber berserker attack for cutting down stormtrooper platoons and a "Force sight" that causes Yoda to remain still and vulnerable but reveals the entire map to the Rebel player.
 conmanguyler
06-10-2006, 7:37 PM
i think yoda will own the emporer cause when i have obiwan i still own him. yoda is apparently better
 Darth Anarch
06-11-2006, 9:08 AM
I think they'll be relatively evenly matched. The outcome of a fight might rely on whether or not any of them were hurt before the fight began, if there are other units available to support one of them, etc.

And that introduces another question: will Yoda vs. Palpatine initiate another "duel sequence" like Obi-Wan and Darth Vader gets?
 Dreng
06-11-2006, 9:31 AM
They said they are going to put special attentions at art and stuff duel sequences for other jedi heros would be awsome now the "duel"of palpatine vs Obi wan looks weird
 Juggernaut1985
06-11-2006, 8:35 PM
Time: 1600 hours
Location, Senate Hall Arena

*Announcer voice*
And in the Red Corner, he's green and mean and not a ninja turtle, he's Yoda. In the Blue Corner we have the man who never told a lie to get his way in the universe, The Emperor.

Ok that was bad but it'd be funny to have the rematch.
 wedge2211
06-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Palpatine only won that 'cause he had those hovering Senate boxes to throw around. :P
 Hartmrolf
06-13-2006, 9:21 AM
i found it funny that in almost all obi wan/vader duels ive seen obi wan wins because of his healing power, when i would have thought that vader would own him to death or something.
 Solid Snake
06-13-2006, 1:56 PM
yoda would 0wn palpetine just cuz of his crazy beserker skillz and his somersaults

& he would say to palpetine: "0wn3d u just been, Emperor. Suck alot u do."
 darthcarth
06-13-2006, 2:48 PM
but i dont think it will work on palpayine because palptines lighting doesnt work on heros why should yodas?
 wedge2211
06-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Yoda's saber thing is just the way he fights.

However, I think Yoda is more of a support unit...given his other special power, the fact that he's small and likely to be a fairly weak hero, and...well...Great warrior? Wars not make one great!
 Admiral Sith
06-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Yoda was one of the greatest Jedi fighters of all time. He didnt have a great deal of strength, but he was so fast that you would swear he was teleporting XD
 lonepadawan
06-14-2006, 6:37 PM
Meh.. Ep3 served to make Yoda's saber skills look silly. There was he with his mad flips spins and slashes... and there was the Palpatine.... standing there slashing in a rather dull way, pulling faces.. And holding his saber above his head to receive an opponent who came up to his knee... *shrugs*

Yoda must've been put off from laughing at the faces and noises he was making.
Page: 1 of 1