Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

3-way campaigns?

Page: 1 of 1
 thon77
05-23-2006, 8:06 PM
with the addition of a third faction, i was wondering if they've said how multiplayer galactic campaigns will work. can three people play at once, or is it limited to two people choosing among the factions?

since anytime a battle starts, the game pauses, i don't think it's possible for all three sides to be involved in one battle. and the third person would have to sit around waiting for the resolution.
 Admiral Sith
05-23-2006, 9:21 PM
It wouldnt be too hard, you can have the game freeze like normal for the invader and defender, and a 1 minute timer appears. Then the third player has to get a fleet to the battle before the timer ends if he/she wants to participate.
 DS_Vespidbat
05-24-2006, 3:13 AM
It wouldnt be too hard, you can have the game freeze like normal for the invader and defender, and a 1 minute timer appears. Then the third player has to get a fleet to the battle before the timer ends if he/she wants to participate.

that would actually be cool!But i think i heard one of the devs saying is still 2 player :(
 Commander Obi-Wan
05-24-2006, 10:22 AM
That would rather interesting. It wouldn't be hard to figure that out. It'd be fine.
 thon77
05-24-2006, 6:14 PM
i don't think making it a 3 player multiplayer game is possible through mods.

so will the faction that goes unchosen be AI controlled during an MP campaign? or just not in game at all
 Darth Anarch
05-24-2006, 6:34 PM
Will it be possible to have all three factions play against each other in single player Galactic Conquest? I can see why the battles might still be only 1 vs 1, but on the Galactic map it would be great to have three factions instead of two.
 Thrawn
05-24-2006, 9:52 PM
I thought I read/heard somewhere that you could at the very least do a 3-player skirmish. If this is the case, I don't see why you couldn't do a 3-way conquest. The only difficulty is what to do with that 3rd player while 2 others are fighting a tactical battle...
 popcorn2008
05-24-2006, 10:24 PM
The devs said that it's possible in skirmish, but not conquest. It is a game engine limit, in other words it would have to be something changed for a sequel, sadly.
 shadowsfm
05-25-2006, 9:00 PM
how would skirmage work
 Captain-Panaka7
05-25-2006, 9:08 PM
i doubt that 3 faction campaigin mode would work unless it was like rebels vs empire then after u defeat them then the new faction and the multiplayer if it did work it mostly be players double teaming the other player so i dont know how they will work it out
 jake123456
05-25-2006, 11:07 PM
You want be able to play three way multiplayer. But in the galactic conquest in single player all three can play
 popcorn2008
05-26-2006, 12:28 AM
how would skirmage work
Basically add a new base location for the corrupt team. This is why maps are going to be bigger in size now.
Page: 1 of 1