Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter DirectX Problem

Page: 1 of 1
 darkfighter37
05-19-2006, 4:08 AM
I have installed X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter on my Windows 2000 Professional computer and the damn thing keeps asking me if I want to install DirectX. I have installed it and reinstalled it umpteen times and I am getting sick to death of it!!! Can anyone help?
 Wildstar
05-19-2006, 4:57 PM
Which service pack do you have installed? You can check My Computer Properties under the "General" tab if you don't know. If you don't have at least Service Pack 3, you might do well to download and install Service Pack 4, even just for the security fixes.
 darkfighter37
05-21-2006, 4:00 AM
I checked my Service pack, and it is Pack 4 already. Is there any other probable problem? (If it helps, I can't even play the game. Every time I click Play it comes up with the DirectX screen.)
 Wildstar
05-21-2006, 11:27 AM
I would suggest a post on the XWA Upgrade forums (http://www.xwaupgrade.com) (look for the link in the left menu) in the "Soft/Hardware Problems" forum. I know someone has seen this problem, but I can't seem to find the solution on Google...I think at least Avenger One would know about it. It might have have something to do with the Application Compatibility Toolkit, but again, I didn't see anything on Google about this.
Page: 1 of 1