Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tie Fighter: Win98: Joystick Not Recognised

Page: 1 of 1
 pinksparklegirl
03-01-2006, 1:22 PM
I am trying to get Tie Fighter (Collector's CD-Rom) to work on Win98SE, but can't get the programme to recognise my joystick. I have already applied the patch, but it hasn't helped. I have a SideWinder joystick. The game itself seems to run fine, but it's not much good without the joystick!

Any advice?
 Wildstar
03-02-2006, 11:11 AM
About the only thing I can suggest is to unplug the stick, uninstall it through Device Manager, then plug the stick back in. If all goes well, the stick will be detected again and reinstalled. Another thing to think about is finding a copy of the X-Wing Collector Series or X-Wing Trilogy. Either bundle will have the Windows version of TIE Fighter, which will support your stick better than the DOS version will.
 DarthMuffin
03-09-2006, 8:47 PM
To make the DOS version work without any bugs (or near) use the program called VDMSound (google it). It lets you run DOS programs on newer systems and it will make the TIE DOS work with a sidewinder joystick.
Page: 1 of 1