Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Adding mining facilities to space

Page: 1 of 1
 Three60
02-24-2006, 9:28 PM
I'm working on my mod, and I'm trying to let you build mines in space (since I turned off the land for all planets), and I can't figure out how to let you build them. I think it would be based off of the satalites that you can already build, but I would need to know the location of the model, the stats to put in it, and how to add it to the menu to build. So, any ideas?
 dookie23
02-24-2006, 9:30 PM
The mining refineries are stationary I think.
 Three60
02-24-2006, 9:32 PM
Well... it wouldn't appear anyway, I would just have to set it as not required to destory. Then it would go away if you lose. But how would you add something like that in?
 dookie23
02-24-2006, 9:36 PM
But I do believe you can probably make the reinfery moveable or maybe it has a radius that refines asteroids close to it? I'm not sure, but mabe. ;P
 Three60
02-24-2006, 9:37 PM
Well, pretty much what I want is a normal mining facility from the grond that looks like the skirmish one, that works the same as the normal one. It would just be in space.
 dookie23
02-24-2006, 9:43 PM
Ahh.. Arent there already mining places for you to capture? Theres 1 big version and one small one.
 Three60
02-24-2006, 9:44 PM
I want to add it to the Galactic map to build. For my space mod.
 dookie23
02-24-2006, 9:50 PM
Hmm, I have a idea, you know where the long range scanners go into those two slots. Maybe find a way to mad and place them in there somehow.
 Tom Servo
02-24-2006, 10:15 PM
Or you can let the starbases give you cash and add a lot of researches that will give you income boosts, but i dont think you can build anything once you get rid of ground.
 Three60
02-24-2006, 10:45 PM
you can't, but maybe I could tie something to the star base level. Just take the code from the mining facility for money and put it there.

EDIT: I just got it so you can build the mining facilities, but they don't do anything. It builds fine, but the credits don't change.

EDIT 2: I got it to work! Because of this I will soon post the mod!
Page: 1 of 1