Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Modding Problem pls help

Page: 1 of 1
 ath12
02-22-2006, 7:51 AM
Ok so Ive been tweaking my own mod lately and I have slowed build times and made things more exspensinve. So in an effort to make space fights more epic I decided to double up on all ships. Meaning if you bought one VSD you would get two in tatical combat.

So I modified all the SPACEUNITFRIGATE.xml and all those, and I changed the number per squad from 1 to 2. Yet there is no change in game whatsoever.

Does anyone know how to fix this or what im doing wrong?
 Zorromorph
02-22-2006, 7:55 AM
To make it into a squadron you would have to add an entry in SQUADRONS.xml for it, otherwhise the squadron count means nothing. I have no idea if it is possible to add additional entries in there.
 dookie23
02-22-2006, 9:14 AM
I heard that when you want to add more fighters to a squadron you need to give them different positions, I didnt really went through this though.

But it is cool though to mix exisiting ships with different variations.
In my pirate mod im gonna give different configuations, each one having anticapital and anti fighter configuations.Giving them weaknesses and strengths.
Mixing~I believe you can add different ships like corvettes,frigates, and captials but I havent done this personally though.
<Squadron_Units>X-Wing, A-Wing</Squadron_Units>
<Squadron_Units>Y-Wing, A-Wing</Squadron_Units>
<Squadron_Units>X-Wing</Squadron_Units>
Here I believe you can add more.
<Squadron_Offsets>30.0,0.0,0.0</Squadron_Offsets>
<Squadron_Offsets>0.0,15.0,0.0</Squadron_Offsets>
<Squadron_Offsets>0.0,-15.0,0.0</Squadron_Offsets>
<Squadron_Offsets>-30.0,30.0,0.0</Squadron_Offsets>
<Squadron_Offsets>-30.0,-30.0,0.0</Squadron_Offsets>
 MistenTH
02-22-2006, 12:04 PM
If you add them together in a squadron, you might not be able to move the ships independently. Well, try it, you never know :)

If it doesn't work, then a workaround would be to halve the cost and population cap for each ship so that the player can afford to buy 2 instead of 1.
Page: 1 of 1