Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Imperial Campaign: What's good vs 85 corvettes?

Page: 1 of 1
 rderveloy
02-21-2006, 10:05 AM
I've been playing the Imperial campaign and I've been planet-hopping as I get ready for Geonosis. I recently had to combat a rebel fleet with 85 corvettes in it! I can only build acclimator (sp?) and tartan (sp?) cruisers. It eventually took 3 space battles where I just kept throwing accilmators at them to eventually destroy the fleet. These were really really long battles. This rebel ship building frenzy was cut short after I took over Bespin.

So, I guess what I want to know is, what are good stratagies for destroying Corvettes en masse using tartans and acclimators? Those corvettes killed about 30 acclimators before it was all said and done. Don't get me wrong, I love a good meatgrinder as much as the next guy, it's just sometimes I prefer stratagy over sheer numbers.

The game difficulty was set to medium/normal.
 Darth Alec
02-21-2006, 3:44 PM
Acclimators are the best counter in that tech lvl. But once you can, use the ISD, you will truly rip there ships apart.
 crayz
02-25-2006, 6:58 AM
use bombers :P
 Darth Alec
02-25-2006, 3:47 PM
I really hope you are sarcastic.....
 crayz
02-25-2006, 11:07 PM
hence the :P
 Darth Alec
02-28-2006, 6:05 PM
Good......... Or else I would have to quote that and put it in my sig.
 HomoUniversalis
03-02-2006, 8:09 AM
Actually, I found that bombers are rather effective at them. I have had Darth Vader draw their fire, and taking down their shields and two bomber squadrons pummeling its health. Still, they are better used elsewhere, but if you have spares..
 haard
03-02-2006, 8:27 AM
Move your Acclamators in a double line fashion against the Corvettes. Never attack with your A:s, ensuring that they will continue fireing at multiple targets. When they are engaged, use the bombers ion-thingie to drop their shields - and then widthraw them, since otherwise they will frly right by the corvettes and get extremely owned.
 Darth Alec
03-02-2006, 4:50 PM
Only Y-wings have ion shots (fighter sized).
 haard
03-03-2006, 2:55 AM
Only Y-wings have ion shots (fighter sized).

keh, yah. I tend to forget that, even while playing Imperial campaign =\
 jedi3112
03-04-2006, 7:19 AM
I found Vader to be quite effective (use long runs on the corvettes, try to attack from the rear for een longer runs, you'll have to mircomanage him). 1 long run can take down the shields and do some damage to the ship. Though sometimes he doesn't want to attack something, he just keeps flying around the target. Still, he has quite the firepower himself (his wingmen aren't much good there) and with his wing, he can take quite some damage, withdraw, revive his fallen mates, get back to attack.
 Empirecitizen
03-06-2006, 11:21 AM
VSD seems to be more effective against the corvettes than ISDs(comparative to their strength). I'm not very sure but it might have somthing to do with the ships' size, gun placements and mobilty(in terms of speed and turning rate)

At lv1 tech, acclamator seems to be the only viable option which is the reason for the corvettee balancing issue.
Page: 1 of 1