Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Full expanded XML ready to go!

Page: 1 of 1
 Slocket
02-17-2006, 6:28 PM
http://rapidshare.de/files/13507611/EAW_XML.rar.html)

EAW_XML

It does not have the SCRIPT, LUA, ART stuff. Just all the XML and AI all of it in easy to read form and in original folder structure, just like the demo.

Empire at War v1.1 Slocket 2-17-2006 EAW_XML_1.1

This is the extracted XML from the patch 1.1 version of EAW
using MegExtractor expanded. 366 files.

It has the file structures remade into folders and files renamed
just like the demo format. This makes for easy reading.

This does not include the SCRIPT, ART, LUA files. Later for that.

Edit a file using a text editor, then place into a self made folder
called XML within the /GameData/Data directory. It will override the
Config.meg data from which these files are packed inside.

Now we get back to modding. :)

Until a new tool is made.
EDIT: Patch 1.2 XML is the exact same as above. It was not changed.
 DonBilbo
02-17-2006, 7:03 PM
there is a meg extraktor for the full version. ive got it. it works. extrakts all ... nice thing really
 shmacdonald's
02-17-2006, 8:19 PM
Thanks, looking forward to seeing how this game can be modded.
 TheGreenGoblin
02-18-2006, 9:20 AM
That's great! Hopefully we'll see a 40+ campaign map for the MP. I was really impressed with the mods on the demo the last time around so this should be fun.
 Max Outrider
02-18-2006, 9:45 AM
I've already made a 48 world MP campaign map. You can find it here: http://www.hyper-stream.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86)

However, it is an edit of the "official" maps and I made it so only the 48 world map shows up. If you want to play the originals just delete the file from the XML folder.
Edit: Just tested the map, works perfectly. Note, BOTH players (host and opponent) have to have this file for it to work.
 Slocket
02-18-2006, 5:35 PM
The patch 1.2 does not affect the config.meg files, or the patch.meg file or any XML.

It is purely for multiplayer. So the 1.1 XML and 1.2 XML is the same.

EDIT: Sorry it does change a very bit tag number of the TEXT for multiplayer dialog message in config.meg. But the XML and everything else is the exact same. Comparing the old config.meg verse the new.
 Hammer22
02-19-2006, 6:48 AM
I can't get it to download from that website :(
 Darkfyre
02-19-2006, 9:01 AM
If you're getting some crap of IE about not finding the page or not being able to display it, then it's because the link is wrong, it shouldn't have ".html" on the end of it.
 TheGreenGoblin
02-19-2006, 1:51 PM
I've already made a 48 world MP campaign map. You can find it here: http://www.hyper-stream.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86)

However, it is an edit of the "official" maps and I made it so only the 48 world map shows up. If you want to play the originals just delete the file from the XML folder.
Edit: Just tested the map, works perfectly. Note, BOTH players (host and opponent) have to have this file for it to work.

It is pretty fun, but unfortunately my save games don't seem to stick when I use this.
 Yesh
02-19-2006, 5:20 PM
anyone know what kyle katarn's unit is named.

most are named Hero_Team such as Obi_Wan_Team but Kyle_Katarn_Team doesn't seem to work. Mara_Jade_Team worked fine however.
 Arc9
02-21-2006, 5:02 PM
how do i apply changes to EAW? I made a fighter mod that adds more fighters to every squadron in the game except for a few,decreases tie fighter armor and increases atack for realism,increases x-wing damage,deacreases build time and cost for all etc.
Page: 1 of 1