Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Two Crucial Problems

Page: 1 of 1
 ZemmurkTrooper
02-09-2006, 6:43 AM
OK, i just reinstalled Tie Fighter so i could get reference for my mod, and so i could play one of the best games ever made again :) . Needless to say, the graphics look like lines across the screen on everything other then when your in the concourse, and the sound card was not read by the game, though i have one and to my knowledge its fairly recent. Ill get my sound card info, but my graphics are Radeon X300 Series. If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank a lot,
Zemmurk Trooper
 Wildstar
02-09-2006, 10:41 AM
Are we talking about DOS TIE here or Windows TIE (Windows TIE comes as part of either the "X-Wing Collector Series" or "X-Wing Trilogy")?
 ZemmurkTrooper
02-09-2006, 11:54 AM
im pretty sure its for dos, though the install and such worked. Its from the Tie Fighter Collectors CD. Its running fine through install and the concourse and load, but once in a mission the video goes haywire, and the audio was out all the time.

Zemm
 ZemmurkTrooper
02-09-2006, 4:10 PM
Realtek HD Audio is all i could get for my audio card type.
 Wildstar
02-09-2006, 4:40 PM
Forgot to ask what operating system you were running too, b/c if you're trying to run DOS TIE on Win2K or XP, it won't work, since neither of those operating systems supports DOS applications natively. This means you have to run TIE under an emulator of some sort, such as VDMSound (http://sourceforge.net/projects/vdmsound), which has been found to work with DOS X-Wing and TIE Fighter. However, since DOS games run under an emulator tend to run slowly (and often to the point of being unplayable), I recommend finding a copy of the above-mentioned X-Wing Collector Series or X-Wing Trilogy. X-Wing and TIE from those bundles will run on Windows XP without much trouble, save for needing a compatibility fix found on LucasFiles (http://www.lucasfiles.com) in order to run with hardware 3D acceleration enabled.
 ZemmurkTrooper
02-09-2006, 4:48 PM
ok, im on XP, and i do have dos, but ill try the emulator. Thanks
 ZemmurkTrooper
02-09-2006, 5:06 PM
i tried the emulator, but this occured:

Loading TIE-Fighter CD. Please wait....
DOS/4GW Protected Mode Run-time Version 1.97
Copyright (c) Rational Systems, Inc. 1990-1994
ERROR #3: You must insert TIE-Fighter CD into your cd-rom drive.
If the CD is already in the drive and you still get this
error, then check to make sure that your cd-rom drivers are
loaded. You can do this by trying to change to drive letter
of your cd-rom drive (D: for most people.) If you get an
error message when trying to change drives, then your drivers
are not loaded. You must consult your computer's manuals for
details on how to load your cd-rom drivers.

Press any key to continue . . .

Any ideas? The discs in, the drive works fine.
 ZemmurkTrooper
02-09-2006, 5:17 PM
Well, all i need id sound-ive gotten the video fixed through resolution, and the controls im slowly learning back. All i need is sound, which i have a problem with on every computer ive ever installed this game on.
Page: 1 of 1