Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can someone enlighten me as to the use of the tractor beam?

Page: 1 of 1
 Jabbas WhOr3
02-07-2006, 5:27 PM
What do people use it for?
Or... what is it good for?
 popcorn2008
02-07-2006, 5:58 PM
If you use the tractor beam on smaller frigate type ships, then it slows there movement down. It is useful against anti fighter ships such as corellian corvettes. I gives other ships a better target instead of a fast moving one.
 enterman
02-07-2006, 11:43 PM
If you use the tractor beam on smaller frigate type ships, then it slows there movement down. It is useful against anti fighter ships such as corellian corvettes. I gives other ships a better target instead of a fast moving one.
watch how fast those corvettes stop if u get 2 tractor beams on them.
 Jabbas WhOr3
02-08-2006, 12:22 AM

Ahhh cool I thought it was for picking up KFC when parked too far away from the drive-thru window. :vsd:
 Thrawn
02-08-2006, 10:31 AM
In the books, Thrawn's Star Destroyer was taking a beating, a section of his shields went out. So the good admiral blew off all the turbolaser batteries of a frigate and used the tractor beam to pull the ship into the hole without the shield. Instant shield recharge:D
 Nakatomi2010
02-08-2006, 10:49 AM
In the books, Thrawn's Star Destroyer was taking a beating, a section of his shields went out. So the good admiral blew off all the turbolaser batteries of a frigate and used the tractor beam to pull the ship into the hole without the shield. Instant shield recharge:D

I'm thinking I need to pick up those books and read them again now that I'm older and more capable of taking in everything that happens in them... I last read those when I was in like grade 4 or 5...
Page: 1 of 1