Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Flickering between resolution

Page: 1 of 1
 Admiral8Q
02-05-2006, 6:17 PM
I have a new video card, an NVIDIA GeForce MX 4000 with 128mb ddr

Everything runs fine except when I set the resolution to 800X600, it flickers like it can't decide between 640X480 and 800X600. The missions play like normal except for that flickering. I've reinstalled directx several times, but that would be the latest version 9.0c. When I try to install directx 6 (comes with XWA) it sais everything is up to date, yet when I go into the Hardware Configuration-->Analyze your computer. For the directX files, most have an ! in the yellow triangle next to them.

Anyone else ever have this problem? Or any ideas on how to fix this?
 Wildstar
02-06-2006, 9:43 AM
XWA generally runs best when the game's resolution and that of your Windows desktop are the same. Given your video card, it could probably stand even 1280X1024 if you're able to set your XWA resolution to that setting.
 Admiral8Q
02-13-2006, 9:11 PM
Yeah, I don't understand what's wrong with it. Generally newer video cards should be better, not worse. I always have my desktop at 800X600, so that's not the problem. Like I said, I never had any problems with my old grafics card (Nvidia Geforce 2 with 32mb ram) except for a half second lag on the higher resolutions. I don't like it higher than 800X600 anyways, everything is tiny. Well I'm getting fed up with my new card and am strongly considering returning it to the store for a refund. I only bought it so that I could run newer games better, but haven't had much luck with them either. :headbump My computer is well abouve the minimum requirements for the card.
 BattleDog
02-14-2006, 8:04 AM
I'd try upping the resolution a couple of notches. The hud has several res sets, that is, the hud is scaled but there isn't one for every resolution. So on some higher res it is actually bigger than one notch down.
 Admiral8Q
02-14-2006, 8:07 AM
Alright Battle Dog, I'll try that. I'll get back if it works or not.
Page: 1 of 1