Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problem with Module Editor

Page: 1 of 1
 brwarner
02-04-2006, 9:16 AM
I am using the map 001EBO with the module editor and whenever i place something it doesnt appear. I know it is not a save file thing because whenever i edit the module start poition it works. What is the problem??

EDIT: Also can i put creatures on top of placeables like a person on a bed
 Darth333
02-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Check the z coordinate with the whereami armband. The editor sets it at 0 per default and you have to change it manually. I was looking for my placeables for hours the other day until I checked the z coordinate :p

However, you don't have to worry for creatures: gravity does it's job and they will "fall" on the floor by default :)

...and yes, you can put creatures on top of placeables as long as the placeables cannot be walked through. Edit: ah no. The examples I had in mind were already attached to the module. It depends on the walkmesh.
 brwarner
02-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Ok thank the placeables appear now but i still can't put a person on a bed they are just 'inside' it.
 Fred Tetra
02-04-2006, 12:26 PM
Only certain "people" are placeable on beds/tables/desks; there's a Kreia corpse placeable that works, which you can find in one of the Peragus modules.

If you could post a screenshot and some more details (module and placeable names, etc.) perhaps I can help more.
 stoffe
02-04-2006, 7:45 PM
Ok thank the placeables appear now but i still can't put a person on a bed they are just 'inside' it.

As far as I know a creature cannot be lifted off the Walkmesh, which is a part of the area, meaning that you can't stand on top of placeables. The only way you can really put a creature on top of a bed would be if the bed was part of the area, with a walkmesh, and isn't a placeable.

There are two ways around this that can be used to "fake" it that I know of:

Add an animation to the creature that makes them appear as if they are on top of the placeable. (Like how the Force Jump animation makes it look like the character jumps into the air off the ground, while they in reality still are on the ground-level walkmesh as far as the game is concerned.)

Make a placeable that looks like the creature, and place it on of the desired position. Placeables, unlike creatures, can be placed anywhere on a level and can be lifted off the ground. This would of course only work for creatures that stay more of less still, since placeables can't move around or fight. :) (Though they can be animated to appear as if they move in a predetermined way.)

The various "sitting patrons" in the Cantinas are made this way, as is Kreia's "corpse" in the Peragus Morgue.
 tk102
02-04-2006, 8:57 PM
This would of course only work for creatures that stay more of less still, since placeables can't move around or fight. :)They can be rotated via scripting though. :rolleyes: (Old link on this topic: here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=139780))
Page: 1 of 1