Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Graphics Card

Page: 1 of 1
 vader815
01-20-2006, 5:55 PM
Hey when I run the analysis that came with the game it says I don't have 3D hardware

I have an Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME controller does that work?
 DarthMaulUK
01-20-2006, 6:27 PM
This means that you have an onboard videocard on your motherboard and not a separate one.

Problem with these are:
You have a small amount of memory on this kind of chips + it's likely that the memory it has, is shared memory, this means that the graphics chip uses your RAM memory.

Simply put, you don't have the minimum requirements needed (graphically) to play this game.

Ive just answered this in another thread

DMUK
 PygmyShrew
01-21-2006, 4:06 PM
Id take a guess and say your on a dell?

Looking at the specs of that card theres no reason it wouldnt work, it works with DX9, just don't expect wonderful frames per second and smashing graphics :)
 CIAop
01-21-2006, 5:22 PM
vader815,

I have the same video card you do and the same message popped up for me when I tried to start the game. It asked if I wanted to continue anyway, so of course I hit yes. THe demo worked but you have to turn the graphics down to medium levels and I suspect even lower when the battles get bigger. Good luck.
 darthsidious666
01-21-2006, 6:10 PM
When using Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME the game crashes when attempting to play on land.
 DarthMaulUK
01-21-2006, 9:02 PM
This type of card really isnt made for this game. It might be time to upgrade, which doesnt always mean getting a new PC. The motherboard that supports this type of card will also need changing, which also means that the processor will.

You dont have to spend hundreds of pounds/dollars as it is possible to get yourself something decent for under Ј100 as an upgrade and yes, that still is alot of money.

DMUK
 DarkLord1981
01-21-2006, 10:16 PM
Well, there are some decent cars like a 9800Pro that i got about 6 months ago for like Ј120 and now, they are like 60-80. lol

Motherboards are cheap now-a-days, based on features and CPUs are a bad thing right now, i have a 2600+ and my motherboard and safely use a 3200+, but they ain't for sale no more....pity eh?
 CIAop
01-22-2006, 12:26 PM
While I agree that the integrated intel card is not ideal for this game I have found a way to improve its performance and mine doesn't crash when trying to play the land battle in the demo. The rest of my computer is quite suited for the game though so maybe thats why. (INtel pentium4, 2.8ghz, 480ram, and the intel chip with 64mb of memory).

For those having problems with the Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME this may be of interest to you. I went into the properties control for the card and in 3D settings turned "Flipping Policy" to "Bilt." I have absolutely no idea what that means but saw it on another forum and it improved the speed of the gameplay on my Gateway a lot. I also make sure that all virus and spyware filters are off. Again, I'm sure there will be noted performance lag when the real game is played with much bigger battles going on but for now it is quite acceptable.
Page: 1 of 1