Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Graphics Problem

Page: 1 of 1
 DarkLord1981
01-20-2006, 6:14 AM
Hiya,

I have managed to play the demo now and then, but lately it has been having graphical glitches on the company logo screens and the game itself.

It is impossible to play the game.

I have the following:

AMD AthlonXP 2600+
1024MB DDR PC2700
Nvidia Geforce 6800GT 128MB

only this demo does it, all the others run flawlessly.

Anyone have any idea?

I also tried to do a screenshot, but it wouldn't work.
 DarthMaulUK
01-20-2006, 7:06 AM
Without a little more info about your PC, its hard to tell. Firstly, install the Direct x9c that came with the demo to see if this helps. You might already have this installed but this game requires that you MUST have the newer version that was released in August 2005. Just to be safe, I would try this first and see how you get on

DMUK
 DarkLord1981
01-20-2006, 7:49 AM
thanks for the quick response, i normally have to wait like 24hrs or so for a reply.

But when i first installed the demo, it gave an error and installing the Dx9c that comes with the demo fixed that.

But the demo used to work fine and it just randomly caused corruption, but now its every single time.

I have even used the Nvidia drivers that the demo/game was tested on and it has the same results.
 DarthMaulUK
01-20-2006, 8:19 AM
Theres a chance the demo isnt complete. Whats the size of it? It might be worth downloading the new direct x9c files from www.microsoft.com) and then the latest graphic card drivers from www.nvidia.com)

DMUK
 DarkLord1981
01-20-2006, 8:58 AM
Theres a chance the demo isnt complete. Whats the size of it? It might be worth downloading the new direct x9c files from www.microsoft.com) and then the latest graphic card drivers from www.nvidia.com)

DMUK

Well it says the following on the demo installer:

741MB - 777,927,568

I am dreading downloading that sodding thing again. lol

I used the bit torrent thing from 3dgamers.com
 DarthMaulUK
01-20-2006, 9:03 AM
Ok the demo is complete. try following those steps I posted and see what happens

DMUK
 DarkLord1981
01-20-2006, 9:05 AM
ok, i will get back to you with the results.

EDIT: I have installed the Directx 9c thing and the latest Nvidia Drivers and it seems to be working fine now, but i am still getting my ass whooped because the AI have unlimited Fighter Squadrons, unless each SD and the Station can hold like 500 squadrons. (which realistically wouldn't be possible.)
Page: 1 of 1