Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Has anyone made a Star Trek Total Conversion

Page: 1 of 1
 Sata
06-08-2000, 7:50 PM
Has anyone made a Star Trek Total Conversion for X-Wing Alliance?
If so plese post the site of download.

------------------
Help me Obi Wan Kenobi- I can't get the Pickle Jar Open!
 Flying Beastie
06-09-2000, 12:26 AM
I believe there's a half-decent Stargazer model (Picard's first command) around here somewhere, but no, no actual shipset.

'Sata,' I've heard that name before, isn't it a girl's name?

(As in a certain jade-green female samurai, perhaps?)

------------------
Breath deep, seek peace --Traditional Dinotopian saying
 Zedran?
06-09-2000, 3:39 AM
Go to TK421's site, he is not at his post but has a star trek opt for XWA.
http://www.ozemail.com/~richtersg/)
Zed. http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/eek.gif)

------------------
Click,Click,Click,...."Damn Light Saber,".......AAAAAAAAUUUURRRRGGGGHHHH

When last we met I was But the apprentice, Now I am The Disaster.....

[This message has been edited by Zedran? (edited June 09, 2000).]
 TK421
06-09-2000, 9:58 AM
Originally posted by Zedran?:
Go to TK421's site, he is not at his post but......

Ooh you just asking for a whooping aint ya Zedran! http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/wink.gif)

Yeah I got a Stargazer OPT. I was actually working on a full conversion and the Stargazer was ship #1, I had all the stats done up for a dozen or so ships but I just lost interest in the idea. If you check my Projects page, you'll see that my Klingon Bird Of Prey has been put on hold because it was giving me so much hassel.

I kinda lost interest in building existing models if you know what I mean.
 Fel Crynyd
06-09-2000, 5:26 PM
There is also a Defiant out there, i think it is at Steels page, look for a post of his and then you can go to his site.

------------------
Commander Fel Crynyd
XO of Hope Squadron
New Republic Marines
And I Keep Telling People,
A Inverted Half Imbalmen is not a Sex Posistion!!!!
 Flying Beastie
06-11-2000, 2:31 PM
I don't think the Defiant is from Steele, I played with it once (long ago --forgot the URL) and it's lousy. Doesn't even look vaguely like Sisko's baby.

------------------
 Nob Akimoto
06-12-2000, 12:19 AM
 Ash
06-12-2000, 7:09 PM
Beasie was obviosly thinking of a different, inferior model. I think I played with it once too. I deleted after I found that I could shoot it everywhere except for the very center of its 'saucer' and the 'cockpit' without inflicting any damage.

------------------
Maybe, just maybe my boys can stop'em from getting the book...yeah...and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.
 Flying Beastie
06-13-2000, 10:26 PM
Yeah Ash, that's the one I'm thinkin' of; looked like someone took a box and bolted more boxes onto it.

Nob, that's a Defiant! (Not really the angle I'd like to be lookin' at it from, but still, nice model.)

------------------
 Sata
06-14-2000, 6:42 PM
Well actually I'm not a girl.
 Sata
06-14-2000, 6:43 PM
I love that Defiant!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Sata (edited June 14, 2000).]
 Sata
06-14-2000, 6:44 PM
Well actually I'm not a girl.

I made up the name Sata.
My name is Simon.
And my fav ST character is Data
Simon - imon = S
Data - D = ata
S + ata = Sata

------------------
 Ash
06-16-2000, 5:58 AM
Anybody have some suggested BinHex stats for it?

------------------
Maybe, just maybe my boys can stop'em from getting the book...yeah...and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.
 Y-Wing Prodigy
06-16-2000, 11:03 AM
I guess having a Star Trek model for XWA would be good but the physics is all wrong. Star Trek ships can rip Star Wars ships to shreds. It saddens me to say this I am a die hard wars fan. They have this funny thing called targeting. We should try it sometime :P.

-It's a cruel world.
 Flying Beastie
06-16-2000, 1:54 PM
Also, Star Trek cap ships move like starfighters (at least in DS9).

Try giving the Defiant the stats for the A-wing or a heavily shielded Squint.

<small>Now if I could find a WhiteStar, we could have a real interesting battle.</small> http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/cool.gif)

------------------
 Marril
06-16-2000, 10:18 PM
Um, ST ships rip apart SW ships? (insert hysterical laughing here) Um, I think an ISDII could outfight a Galaxy-class ship any day. Even if it separated hull from saucer. Also, let's see 'em hit a squadron of Squints that are buzzing around.

Also, in Generations, it'd take 'em forever to get a lock on a warhead that they didn't know the exact location of launch, so a squadron of B-Wings with rockets/adv torps would SHRED an ST ship.

Also, if you take in physics, a moving ST ship that goes really fast would slam into the warheads to cause them to detonate, also adding inertial damage to it.

Face it, soeed is the Fed's only advantage against SW ships.

As for Romulans, their ships are large & powerful. They'd put up a good fight, if not win. Cloaking is also an advantage. Anything short of a GCT couldn't detect it. Cloaked firing isn't possible, but it'd sure annoy the he11 outta the SW guys.

Klingons, they wield their way with fast, deadly light attack ships that rely on swarms to defeat opponents easily and ruthlessly. Much like SW ships, really. They're the best match for SW ships, since speed gives them an advantage, and they're not afraid to blow the enemy out of the water.

Cardassians (w/out Dominion support). While they could find out all about the SW guys, it wouldn't do them an inch of good in the long run. That, and they have NO empire, and thus no resources to draw on, since they're too centralised on their homeworld. Nice thought, though.

The Alliance (mirror universe) would rip apart anything short of an SSD, I admit. They use HUGE fleets and overwhelming firepower to blast apart their opposition. And if they discovered the shield generator problem...

The Dominion is a very nice match for the SW universe if you prefer the Imperial techniques, but the Rebs would probably give mercy, and they'd take forever to fight these guys.

Also, these figures also ignore if the Yuuzhan Vong got involved. Believe me, if the Yuuzhan Vong got into the ST universe, there'd be nothing left but rubble...

I have no idea as to the point of this post.

------------------
Why is it that whenever someone says SOL I am always in trouble... whether it be Standards of Learning or (the other version). I'm always screwed.
--Tyais
 Flying Beastie
06-21-2000, 5:19 PM
I wouldn't say ST ships could tear apart SW ships (unless we're talking about the Borg http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/wink.gif) ). I just said that ST craft are proportionately much faster and more agile than SW cap ships.

Oh, and your calculations disregard that ST ships have better shields than SW ships; for combat purposes, all ST ships are particle-shielded

In Star Wars, most ships are ray-shielded, but solid attacks can breach them. In Star Trek, solid objects tend to bounce off shields.

<small>That was as civil as I can make it; I hope Nob doesn't shut us down.</small>

------------------
What doesn't kill me only makes me stranger.

[This message has been edited by Flying Beastie (edited June 21, 2000).]
 Sata
06-21-2000, 7:03 PM
So we all agree this will be a good project.
So how are we going to put it all together??

------------------
 Kurgan
06-21-2000, 7:07 PM
Actually, SW ships have ray AND particle shielding. You can check it out by reading "the courtship of princess leia", paberback edition, page 355, lines 14/15. Hope that's precise enough 4 u http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/wink.gif)
 Nute Gunray
06-22-2000, 3:21 AM
http://www.members.home.net/malsar/silhouette_master_chart.gif)
Sorry for such a huge pic.
Look at the sizes! There's NO POSSIBLE WAY that even an ISD could be destroyed by the Enterprise! The ISD could just ram it!

------------------
Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say... no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh... depended on the breaks.
redstormvfa87@icqmail.com
 Marril
06-22-2000, 10:50 PM
Erm, ramming would result in an antimatter explosion that could be just NASTY...
 Nute Gunray
06-23-2000, 12:12 AM
So? It's just one Star Destroyer out of 25,000. You'd barely missed it.

------------------
Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say... no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh... depended on the breaks.
 Marril
06-23-2000, 1:15 AM
 Flying Beastie
06-23-2000, 2:32 PM
Originally posted by Nute Gunray:
Look at the sizes! There's NO POSSIBLE WAY that even an ISD could be destroyed by the Enterprise!

Isn't that similar to what everyone said about the Death Star being destroyed by a snubfighter? http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/wink.gif)

Besides, a ship is only as good as it's commander. I'd follow Picard against any Imp leader we've seen (except Darth himself) anyday.

<small>And I'd follow Janeway against anyone anyday.</small>

------------------
 Nute Gunray
06-23-2000, 3:43 PM
A determined Stormtrooper could have destroyed the Death Star. ;0 But ISDs have no vulnerabilities that the Enterprise could exploit. My ISD keeps ramming the Enterprise til it's enginethingies fall off...

------------------
 Flying Beastie
06-23-2000, 5:57 PM
Rebel SpecForces used to refer to Star Destroyers as:

72'000 design flaws waiting to be exploited.

Note the shield generators riding on the outer hull. Note the Bridge hanging off the front of the superstructure. Note the hangars that are only kept pressurized by a forcefield.

Besides, the Enterprise is fast enough at sublight to out-run and out-manoeuvre an ISD.

------------------
 Nute Gunray
06-23-2000, 6:59 PM
Are you sure? It takes them hours get around inside a star system..."The Borg are coming from the far side of the planet! They'll be here in SEVEN HOURS!!!"
Look at the distance the Rebel Fleet covers at the Battle of Endor! A three day trip on current Earth Tech in a few minutes!

------------------
 Sata
06-23-2000, 7:42 PM
Couldn't we just get on with the project?

------------------
 Sata
06-26-2000, 7:00 PM
Size matters not.

------------------
 jmillheiser
06-27-2000, 5:53 AM
ok first problem i see here is on that chart. the executor was only about 9000 meters if i remember correctly. the eclipse was closer to 18000 meters. i think the eclipse was twice the length and 5 times the mass of the SSD. oh and the dominion drednaught was 4800 meters long and has 150 poleron beam banks. more guns than the SSD.

The ST ships are a HELL of a lot faster both at superluminal and subluminal speeds. warp 2 is 10 times the speed of light. .5 past light speed is only twice the speed of light.

ST weapons are also much more powerful. If you remember back to the early days of ST they were replacing lasers with phasers and disrtuptors.

And remember they dont have antimatter reactors in SW they only have fusion.

A ST ship can generate in the Terawatt range with its reactor. Only the Death star could generate such power in SW
 Nute Gunray
06-27-2000, 2:15 PM
Don't make me launch off into the whole thing about how they got the Executor's length wrong...it IS 17.6k.

------------------
 Kurgan
06-27-2000, 3:25 PM
OK, now let's bring in the sun crusher, add some yuuzhan vong warships, and THEN let's ee what happens...
 Marril
06-27-2000, 3:46 PM
Kurgan: yeah, but the Sun Crusher, if you remember, was nearly roasted by the prototype DS's superlaser. Also, look at the distances before you judge the speed. And if the Feds went up to war vs. the NR or the Vong, there's a heck of a lot of more planets in either than the Federation.

Not to start a SW/ST who's better war or anything...

------------------
Why is it that whenever someone says SOL I am always in trouble... whether it be Standards of Learning or (the other version). I'm always screwed.
--Tyais
 Flying Beastie
06-27-2000, 4:54 PM
Originally posted by jmillheiser:
The ST ships are a HELL of a lot faster both at superluminal and subluminal speeds. warp 2 is 10 times the speed of light. .5 past light speed is only twice the speed of light.

Um, no it isn't.

SW ships are faster in hyperspace than Starfleet ships. ".5" (x0.5) is the Falcon's modifier; meaning that it can make a six-day(according to Standard Galactic Distance ratings) trip in 3 days (6 x 0.5 = 3). Military ships in SW are rated with a x1 modifier, meaning that a six-day trip takes 6 days. The original hyperdrive for a YT-1300 is x2 (typical for civillian craft), meaning that it'd take 12 days (6 x 2 = 12) on that trip.

Hyperspace is more like transwarp than warp; only the Borg could keep up with the Falcon when she's on full-burn.

But, Starfleet craft (in general, mind) are faster at sublight than their SW conterparts.

------------------
 Nob Akimoto
06-27-2000, 5:09 PM
I already closed one thread....you want me to go two for two? hmm?

Keep the thread ON topic.

That means shut up about the "who is better" bull**** alright?

You've been warned.
 Flying Beastie
06-28-2000, 4:08 PM
I wasn't saying either is better; I was just pointing out that the advantages that SW ships have are different than the advantages that ST ships have.

I didn't mean to be offensive.

I'd like a ST TC, but I have absolutely no XWA editing talent to contribute. I'd (as you can see) be happy to help with stats and craft comparison.

------------------
Page: 1 of 1