Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR 3 info from IGN

Page: 2 of 2
 Com Raven
02-19-2006, 11:29 AM
More people probably play it on the PC, the PC should be the games focus.

If I was you, I wouldn't bet on that...
Believe me, the KotOR series on Xbox has earned LEC a lot more than on the PC...
 crimson_88
02-23-2006, 11:12 PM
ok first of all I think you guys are wasting your time complaining if it will be on pc or if it will be an exclusive for 360. They put the first two games on the xbox and pc and so it's obvious they are going to do it again. The question right now is 'Who is going to make it?'( bioware or obsidian or another company), 'When will we be able to get our hands on it?' And 'will the storyline be good and will Revan/Exile be playable?'
 Master Dakari
02-23-2006, 11:23 PM
They put the first two games on the xbox and pc and so it's obvious they are going to do it again. The question right now is 'Who is going to make it?'( bioware or obsidian or another company), 'When will we be able to get our hands on it?' And 'will the storyline be good and will Revan/Exile be playable?'

I agree with you completely that it will be on both the XBOX 360 and the PC. But also, as they did in the first two, the player character should be an absolutely new character.Re-playing as either Revan or the Exile will ruin the game for me, and will only be possible with even more amnesia of 'Force wounds'. And I, for one, find these two things already overused and dead ideas.

New PC all the way!
 Beast-Thrasher
02-23-2006, 11:27 PM
I never have been a "true" Star Wars fan (seen all movies but that was it) until these games. I'm still not a "true" fan since I'm still learning about the universe of Star Wars and "finding" KOTOR websites.

I'm kinda the same. Saw all the movies and loved them but don't own them. Nothing I own except these two KOTOR games. I like stars wars and am interested because of these games, however I'm not a hard core fan, although maybe my friends would disagree, I do like it but would probably never dress up like someone from the series lol...
 Prime
02-24-2006, 10:50 AM
If I was you, I wouldn't bet on that...
Believe me, the KotOR series on Xbox has earned LEC a lot more than on the PC...IIRC it was something like a ratio of 4 to 1 for XBox profits...
 crimson_88
02-24-2006, 1:52 PM
I agree with you completely that it will be on both the XBOX 360 and the PC. But also, as they did in the first two, the player character should be an absolutely new character.Re-playing as either Revan or the Exile will ruin the game for me, and will only be possible with even more amnesia of 'Force wounds'. And I, for one, find these two things already overused and dead ideas.

New PC all the way!

I agree that it should be a new PC but I also think that in certain parts of the game you will have the chance to play as either Revan or Exile.
 pokejedi123
03-11-2006, 5:03 PM
Quote of Ztalker:
My conclusion:
Screw Bill! We WILL play Kotor 3!

*readys pitchforks*
Quote of MasterDakari:
*Puts energy cell back into lightsaber and ignites...* I'm with ya!

guys,lets do this*readys a Lightsaber,a rocket launcher,a tank and a army of clones* :saberb: :blaze6: :tank1: :clone: :clone: :clone: :clone:

BILL WILL DIE!!!!!!!!
 KyleOfHarpenden
03-11-2006, 6:03 PM
I Hope Jk3 Will Be For Computer As Well So I wont Have To Get A 360
 Darth InSidious
03-11-2006, 6:15 PM
@Dakari: Ohh, okay...
@Kyle: Don't you mean JK:4? Or dark forces 5 (?)?
 Hallucination
03-12-2006, 7:29 PM
^I think he accidentally hit the 'j' when he hit the 'k', they are right beside eachother.
 Soogz
03-12-2006, 10:14 PM
This seems a little bit suspicious to me..... Personally I think it will be coming out later than 2007, but thats just me.
 Achilles
03-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Is that because you think that they're building a completely new engine or is that based on something else? I can't think of any reason they would need almost 3 years otherwise.
 Maverick5770
03-12-2006, 11:07 PM
If they release for only 360 i'm gonna be so pissed, the PC versions of both games are way better so I was K3 for PC.Not the Xbox that melts discs.
 Mister Chief
03-12-2006, 11:26 PM
If they release for only 360 i'm gonna be so pissed, the PC versions of both games are way better so I was K3 for PC.Not the Xbox that melts discs.

Good job by biasing the Xbox by rumors and scattered problems. I am yet to have a problem with mine.

I wouldn't mind a PC/ XBOX same time launch, but it will probably be on 360 first. PC first won't happen IMO, although it is better, because patches are easier to make for PC, while XBOX users have to wait every couple of months for an XBL update (if they even have it).
 †Saint_Killa†
03-13-2006, 6:31 AM
PC first bcuz almost everyone has em'. 360 later because not many people prefer consoles much.

@everyone who said kill bill - well all I can say is JUST DO IT ALREADY!!!!
time to bring the fleet :vsd::vsd::vsd::vsd::vsd::vsd::vsd::vsd::vsd::vsd:
 Prime
03-13-2006, 9:34 AM
360 later because not many people prefer consoles much.Actually, the vast majority of players prefer consoles...
 Ztalker
03-13-2006, 11:00 AM
@MC: Look. We don't hate the X-Box. We just hate the fact that uncle Bill thinks he needs to be the EA in console-land. Have any of you heared the rumours that Halo 2 will come EXCLUSIVELY for Windows Vista? That's an direct attack against Linux, and unfair competition.
If the same happens to KOTOR, we KNOW it's Bill's fault, because LA is a compagny that want's to make as much money as the can. So unless Bill pays them an enormous amount of money, they will bring it for PC and X-360.

@ Topic:
Actually, the vast majority of players prefer consoles...

That's true, because its a cheap way to keep playing the newest games, without having to buy a new computer. But the PC is winning terrain. Let's see how it stand when Spore and the new Unreal are released...we have to wait to judge.

REALY @ topic:
@everyone who said kill bill - well all I can say is JUST DO IT ALREADY!!!!

:tank1: FEEL MY LEOPARD, BILL!!
 RedHawke
03-13-2006, 11:33 PM
Actually, the vast majority of players prefer consoles...
Most of the games profits comes from these sales as well.
 †Saint_Killa†
03-14-2006, 7:26 AM
Hmmm a little research might make me remember that. :D

And with research your right!!!!! :p Especially in JAPAN and really growing in the US.
 ViperSkeele
03-14-2006, 1:20 PM
I hope it's not 360 exclusive. I'm a PC person myself.
I think the point was that the only console version will be the 360, I don't think theres any question that it will be released for PC and more than likely Mac :twogun:
 pokejedi123
03-20-2006, 8:14 AM
Com_Raven: No spamming. Consider yourself warned.
 Ztalker
03-20-2006, 9:27 AM
@ PokeJedi:
The Japanese bombers aren't that good.
If you really want to do some damage, you might consider buying the A-10 Tankbuster. It shreads Tanks apart in aprox 2-3 seconds.

You actually pay for the Gatling, wich is very expensive. It's an 30 mm GAU-8/A seven-barrel Gatling. It fires 3,900 rounds per minute, wich means it shoots 65 30mm bullets per second. The Gatling is so big, that the plane uses several engines mounted on the wings instead of the centre.
The plane it's mounted in goes realy slow this way, only about 420 mp/h.
At least you get the airplane for free if you buy it ^^

The plane:
http://www.jetplanes.co.uk/pictures/a10/a10sharknose.jpg)

The Gun:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/72/GAU-8_avenger.jpg/300px-GAU-8_avenger.jpg)

http://www.suchoj.com/andere/A-10/images/GAU-8A_14.jpg)

@ Topic:
Just read something disturbing:
Halo 2 is released EXCLUSIVELY for Windows Vista. It could be...that Kotor 3 will do the same. This way, Linux and Mac users will be screwed, and people that aren't going to by Vista as well.
I'm not saying it will happen, but it's a possibility. If it's released for the 360, mircrosoft may have a hand in it's release.

Conclusion:
PokeJedi, but that D*mned A-10!
 †Saint_Killa†
03-20-2006, 11:22 AM
^^^^
Now we really have to screw bill. But windows vista has much to offer on next gen gaming.

Read Further:
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6143883/p-4.html)
 Shem
03-20-2006, 11:43 AM
I'd still rather hear an official announcement from Lucas Arts before we all jump the gun.
 Ztalker
03-20-2006, 11:56 AM
@SK: Hmm..Direct X 10? Very, very nice. Good specs. Might actually be worth buying :) Thanks for showing...

@ Topic
For all as we know, there might not even come an anouncement, and they release it out of the blue :p Speculating is fun, and what if a programmer of K3 sees a realy good idea? ^^
 Com Raven
03-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Pokejedi, spamming is against the Board ToS. Consider this a warning!
 †Saint_Killa†
03-21-2006, 12:11 AM
DX10 has real good stuff in it. But I still have to go with XP.
 HQ|Delta 07
03-21-2006, 6:27 PM
Let's hope they don't do it only for Vista;)

Btw. LucasArts would be stupid if they don't develop a K III. I mean KI & KII were awesome. they have to end the story. What's with revan? the exile?

Although there's no official announcement yet, I think something like that will be when the E 3 is.

Let's hope there will be something soon :)
 Darca Lar
03-21-2006, 11:26 PM
I really dont care that much anymore, i just want to see what they give out, and then ill start judging.
 Prime
03-22-2006, 11:20 AM
they have to end the story. What's with revan? the exile?The rumor is that it will have nothing to do with those characters and take place some years after that.
 Angelos Kumani
03-22-2006, 12:50 PM
If this rumor is true and the story will again leap ahead in time and introduce an new PC (which is something that I wouldn't mind)...I hope that they do a really good job intertwining the back story with the game story that we do get at least an idea of what happened to Revan/the Exile...if not then I will be disappointed.
 RedHawke
03-22-2006, 9:51 PM
The rumor is that it will have nothing to do with those characters and take place some years after that.
But their fates will have to be addressed... via dialogues or somesuch.

If not then the fanboys will run rampant in the streets attacking people with their plastic lightsabers whilst wearing Revan masks! :xp:
 Lightsider
03-23-2006, 12:58 AM
Hey you have to think that sometimes people in the press are told things off the record by companys, They are given info but cant print it as fact until the company makes their own announcements, this is the way that companys get info out. Kinda like a government leak when they want us to know but dont want to come right out and tell us.... just a little food for thought. and my thoughts on it comming out on p.c, of course it will, it will just be on the gaming systems first like that last one.
 †Saint_Killa†
03-23-2006, 7:51 AM

If not then the fanboys will run rampant in the streets attacking people with their plastic lightsabers whilst wearing Revan masks!:p

Definately. :thumbsup:

@avatar - that guy totally freaks me out!!!! :devscare: :devscare: :devscare:
 Prime
03-23-2006, 10:09 AM
If not then the fanboys will run rampant in the streets attacking people with their plastic lightsabers whilst wearing Revan masks! :xp:...on their way to throw down their cash for the game. ;)
 RedHawke
03-24-2006, 12:23 AM
...on their way to throw down their cash for the game. ;)
Most definately, fanboys are the biggest suckers! :D

@SK- Emperor Ming the Merciless FTW! :dev6:
 Darth InSidious
03-24-2006, 5:47 AM
Ahem.
Why do you assume fanboys will be the only ones annoyed if the game comes out as you predict?

Some of us would ratehr boycott the game, and then suck the devs' brains out with a straw.

@RedHawke: Meh, he has no chance to survive, make his time :xp:

Actually Ming pre-dates most all villans, so give credit where credit is due! :xp: -RH
 Jae Onasi
03-24-2006, 9:12 AM

If not then the fanboys will run rampant in the streets attacking people with their plastic lightsabers whilst wearing Revan masks! :xp:

Yes, if they don't address it, we fangirls will be practical and band together to plan something very Darkside. :dev7: Or we'll just quickly mod in the answers to their fates.... :giggle1:
 Prime
03-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Ahem.
Why do you assume fanboys will be the only ones annoyed if the game comes out as you predict?What does it matter? The vast majority will bitch and moan and then go and buy the game anyway.
 The Source
03-25-2006, 4:49 PM
Most definately, fanboys are the biggest suckers! :D

@SK- Emperor Ming the Merciless FTW! :dev6:
Yeah. Diehard fans will buy into anything.

***Cough***
MySelf-Included.

Well, I think this time around, I will rent the game first.
 shinyjedi
03-25-2006, 6:12 PM
Or we'll just quickly mod in the answers to their fates.... :giggle1:

Which will probably be superior to what the devs would have come up with. :lol:
Page: 2 of 2