Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Video Issues in XWA

Page: 1 of 1
 Pizzaboy501
01-06-2006, 9:44 AM
Hello,
first of all: don't flame if there is already a thread about my problem. I used the search function and found no answers.

My Problem: I just reinstalled XWA and it looks terribly ugly. to be precise. If I am far away from an object it looks ok, but if it happens to be at ca. 0.3 clicks, the textures start to blur.
I tried almost everything, from getting new drivers to mess around with the settings.. with no results. So I'm crying out for help :cry8:
(It's not the corrupt fonts thing. I use the patch for high res)

My specs:
Athlon XP 1700
MSI K7T 266 Pro2 board
512 mb ram
GeForce 4800 (creative labs), ForceWare 81.98
Win XP Pro

Ingame Settings: everything as high as possible
Res: 1280*1024 (as in Windows)

Driver Settings:
AA: 4xS
Anisotropic: 8x
Vsync: active
Force Mip Maps: Trilinear
Texture Clamp: on
Extensionrestriction: off
Hardwareacceleration: 1 Screen
Tripple Buffer: on
Neg. LOD: Clamp
 Wildstar
01-07-2006, 9:18 AM
Can you try a post in the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project forums (http://www.xwaupgrade.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi) (specifically "Soft/Hardware Problems")? I wouldn't know about your particular problem, but I'm sure someone there does. You can actually also try the LucasArts tech support board (http://forums.lucasarts.com), too.
 BattleDog
01-13-2006, 2:52 PM
Your problem is to do with the way the game uses software vectors and is quite common but usually only at super close range. May I suggest setting everthing on your card to automatic instead of forcing the game to do things it wasn't designed for.

post at XWAU like the B-Wing pilot says.
Page: 1 of 1