Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[WIP] Kotor 2 : TSL Enhanced (spoilor contained)

Page: 1 of 3
 rgdelta
12-31-2005, 6:26 PM
Hello all I have good news and bad news. First the bad news my Kotor 1 Storyline extension Mod Sith Empire will not be completed. Reason is I had a HD crash and lost all the stuff I had done for it (I forgot to back it up :-( ). But I am happy to announce that I got TSL and played it mutiple times and I am working on Knights of the Old Republic 2 : The Sith Lords Enhanced project.

This will be a Expansion, Enhancement, Extension for TSL. This is in no way a competition or restoration project for the restoration project. I am as eager as anyone for the restoration project to be complete and my project will be compatible (or I will make it work with) the restoration project when it is complete.

This will add new subplots, subquests and areas to the original TSL and will extend the light and dark side beyond the endings.

Without revealing too much *spoiler alert* After you defeat Kreia you will be able to get a cap ship both light and dark will be different. I will be using REDJOHNNYMIKE's cap ship shell for the dark side sith cap ship and a modified either harbringer or goto's yaht for the lightside cap ship.

Website in Development.

That is all at the moment also if you wish to contribute art and mods to the project please pm me.

***Update***

Ok I think I did not explain this project Well to begin with so here is a list of some of the things this mod will be doing.

This mod is a Major Mod or project. You could think of it as an expansion to TSL.

It will have New Planets (yes planets)

New areas to existing planets and areas

New quests

New subplots

Extends ending from current TSL ending including you getting a cap ship in addition to the Ebon Hawk

New NPC's in new areas and Old areas

Tweaks to the original game.

That is to name a few of the features that this project will have.

Update***

Ok here is some of the stuff I am working on for this mod overall there is possibly more but here is what I have.

--DS Ravager Type Cap ship for PC after Darth Traya
--Add more modules to citidal station with more quests and subplots
--Expand old mility base on Telos (there is an unused elevator there)
--Make use of jedi council room module (might be a planet might be another holorecord or might be a ending thing :-))
--Fix DS with Telos Dancer after killing her former master (basically if you use the exchange on her former master and go in the room with her lover and do the DS that you kill her fomer master and tell her she works for you now and she goes back to dancing she will not give you her earnings like she did if you bought her and told her to work for you.)
--The Redemption Quest on dant if you reveal your a jedi to the wrong person (unable to Force persaude or persaude the guy at docking) extend it to a full sub quest with both LS and DS endings.
--Make it so you can have Handmaiden as a Female Exile and make it so you can have Disciple and Handmaiden with a switch in Ebon Hawk.
--Give an option for the DS to kill the administrator yourself like there is for killing the queen.
--Change Handmaiden dialog to refer to exile as him or her not just him.
--Area in Nar Shaddar docks that is locked and will be used for more quests/subplots
--Add alot more oportunities for a DS char to work for the exchange and other shady dealings like the Slavers and Citidal dancing girl and give LS chars options to do more thwarting of those type of things.
--Add a DS type quest for the Refugees including a chance to kill Lootra
--Make use of the meeting rooms in Refugee Quad for more quests/subplots
--Serracus possible jobs for them also
--Make Mira and Hanharr not dependent on alighnment so you could have either one but not both.
--Goto's Yaht or modified Harbinger for LS cap ship after Darth Traya.
--More work on the Fuel for Telos Quest chain
--Maybe add more to Korriban but not finalized
--Possible more party members with a Party swap Terminal on Ebon Hawk (like Handmaiden/Disciple)
--Mega Party on cap ship with Ebon Hawk Crew Selection when boarding Ebon Hawk from Cap Ship :-)
--Possible more to the Onderon Palace
--DS Make use of the demand you can make to the General on Onderon of Training thier force sensitives
--Return to Onderon after End
--Work on the DS Darth Traya Ending leading to the Storyline Continuing
--Add more to Nar Shaddar and Delay the meeting with visquis a bit longer then you can now.
--Prestige Robe/Armor and Saber for LS and DS
--Make some hilts constructable after the Make the Saber Quest
--Add New Planets 2 or more (info on that not finalized yet)
--Make it so after training party members as jedi or Dark Jedi allow Prestige Training depending on influence, level and alighnment.

Currently that is what I have slated more to come as I finalize more of it atm I am working on changes to origininal game and storyline before adding the new extended storyline.

As always comments, critizisms, and ideas are welcome.

I would like to add some new bink cutscences but I am not good at that stuff so if anyone is intrested in helping send me a PM.

Closing thread as one thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2338094#post2338094) for a WIP is enough. -RH
 Composite
01-01-2006, 2:40 PM
I think if you put more information, like how the story will start, after ***SPOILER*** you defeat Kreia. ***ENDSPOILER*** And what you want some of the charecters names to be, and their background. If you put that kind of stuff up, then you might get more peoples attention. Sounds promising though.. :D

-Composite
 rgdelta
01-01-2006, 2:55 PM
Well it is more then what happens at the end I am adding alot for the main game as well I am finalizing stuff and working on getting the site up when I do there will be alot more info.
 Master Kavar
01-01-2006, 2:57 PM
You've perked my interest, I'm looking forward to seeing what you make.
 Clone L68362
01-01-2006, 4:11 PM
Sounds cool. If we can do this with Team Gizka's Restoration Mod, TSL might just be as good or better than K1.
 Soltaris
01-01-2006, 6:33 PM
I want to express a big thank you up front. So many mods work on tweaking existing gameplay through stat adjustments, new powers, new items, new pcs, new npcs, and improving existing game features. Yet so few open up new quests, new dialogs, new plots, and new frontiers to explore. I just purchased TKL since I'd always loved KOTOR so much but I hear the story is much shorter. Having mods like yours will surely extend my enjoyment of the game :)
 Lando Griffin
01-02-2006, 1:04 PM
that sounds cool what planets are going to be in this mod?
 rgdelta
01-03-2006, 1:04 AM
I have not completly decided on what planets I am adding those are in the planning stages but I am adding at least 2 planets.
 rgdelta
01-04-2006, 9:40 AM
ok I have finished Peragus now heh not many changes but a few lol basically a terminal near atton's cell and your char actually uses the terminal to shut down attons cage and Kriea has a lightsaber. Going to work on Citidal Station next adding new modules quests and subplots to Citidal Station. I should have the forums on my upcoming site open today with more updates there but I will still update this W.I.P.
 Elven6
01-05-2006, 2:02 PM
This looks good just remember to make BACKUPS lol

btw: How long do you think it will take you to make this mod, I would help but I don't know a thing about modding :(
 rgdelta
01-05-2006, 4:42 PM
not sure my current timetable is probebly 3-6 months heh doing a major mod like this solo takes a while heh.
 Elven6
01-05-2006, 5:19 PM
Wll I cant wait

btw you might not want to fix the quests since most of them were already fixed by Team Gizka and some of them are already avaliable so I woulden't waste my time on it. Besides you will just have to remove them to make it compatible with TSLRP mod later.

btw can you explain what you mean by cap ship? Are you getting rid of the Ebon Hawk I think you should leave it for the LS ending because it shows it escaping
 Lando Griffin
01-05-2006, 5:30 PM
not sure my current timetable is probebly 3-6 months heh doing a major mod like this solo takes a while heh.

Why dont ya ask some people to help? And the mods sounds great!
 rgdelta
01-05-2006, 6:46 PM
Elven6 - Because I want to fix the quests myself and I will be making it fully TSLRP compatible when TSLRP comes out no matter what but if some people don't use the TSLRP they still will have the fixed quests. As to the cap ship I will be extending beyond the ending currently in the game and no the Ebon Hawk will not be removed you will have both the ebon hawk will be docked on the cap ship when you are on the cap ship :-)

Lando - because I am a bit of a control freak heh but if people volunteer I will allow them to help.
 Slipstreme
01-05-2006, 7:31 PM
This 'll never be finished, but its nice to dream, good luck my friend
 Soltaris
01-06-2006, 12:47 PM
I'm not very far into the game yet, but I noticed there's an unused door on the Harbinger with an impassible door. It might be good to allow people to go in there even if it's just eye candy and nothing to grab in there.
 Elven6
01-06-2006, 2:29 PM
Use the whereami band to open those kind of doors
 rgdelta
01-06-2006, 9:06 PM
I might open up that door but there is nothing in the room yet :-)
 Elven6
01-09-2006, 8:09 PM
At the end you should allow your character to return to the Jedi Enclave where he sees they are slowly returning after the sith lords were defeated, if your are a dark sider then you go to Korriban or something.
 rgdelta
01-09-2006, 8:21 PM
:-) not revealing anything after the normal end but it will be exciting for both light and dark side (but I like dark lol)
 rgdelta
01-09-2006, 10:32 PM
I wanted to get some opinions on this robe here (http://tsl.stpwebhosting.com/sithlord.gif) it is my first attempt at reskinning/recoloring.
 The_Maker
01-09-2006, 11:56 PM
Wow, this is uh... ambitious O_O

If you can pull it off I look forward to every bit of it :D (unless the TSLRP beats you to the punch :p)

And the reskin is looking good but the lines between black and red (at least in that screenshot) looks a little too bold, like something went wrong with a hue/saturation adjustment.
 rgdelta
01-10-2006, 8:16 AM
I am not that good with graphics and I know the screen is a bit dark I tried to brighten it up a bit :-)

TSLRP will not beat me to the punch actually I hope it comes out before I am done as this is meant as a complement to the original game and TSLRP in my concept notes I have a few items that overlap with the TSLRP since I don't have complete data on everything the TSLRP is working on just what is on their site some things will not end up in my mod :-)
 Elven6
01-10-2006, 3:55 PM
Well if you can go back to the planets at the end then can you make the Jedi Enclave one of them? The Game feels so empty with out them :(
 rgdelta
01-10-2006, 6:07 PM
Elven6 I am not going to reveal all but your idea has been noted no guarentees but I will see what I can do :-)
 RedHawke
01-11-2006, 1:47 AM
Slipstreme, Elven6, and DarthInSidious I have pruned all the off topic posts about the other mod projects like this attempted in the past, it is quite off-topic.

No more of these please, let's stay on topic folks. ;)
 Slipstreme
01-11-2006, 10:35 AM
As you wish

Anyway, I think that its a good start to a very ambitious project
 rgdelta
01-11-2006, 11:10 AM
I am working on it because of personal issues I need to take a break for a day or 2 but will be back to working on it later this week :-) I should have an update soon.

I have also been in contact with Team Gizka to make sure I don't double do some things for TSLRP compatible.
 Doc Valentine
01-11-2006, 8:26 PM
First off, way to go doing a project like this. And I wish you the best of luck.

Good job and good luck rgdelta, if you need ANY help, ask away.
 rgdelta
01-11-2006, 9:11 PM
Thanks Gsccc I have more planned then I have posted so far alot more but I don't want to ruin any suprises :-) and I will finally reveal yes you will be able to go back to the enclave :-)
 Elven6
01-11-2006, 10:00 PM
thank you!
 rgdelta
01-15-2006, 8:23 PM
Ok back to working on this I am working on writing the subplots/subquests/extension storyline. I am working on bug fixes (even some the the TSLRP will have reason is to have the bugs fixed for my own development) and modules setting up. Also I am working on a new site my current forums are having a problem not sure if it is due to my host but I might be moving the site soon and setting it up properly. That is about it for my current status more will be coming.
 rgdelta
01-18-2006, 3:34 PM
Hello again all I did not want to say anything till I was sure I could do this but I want to let everyone know about a feature I will be putting in to TSL Enhanced.

Alot of people hated the idea that you could train a NPC to a jedi class just by talking to him/her once they said they would like a training. I am announcing the real Jedi Training.

The normal dialog that you used to get the NPC to train as a Jedi still exists but only for the beginning Step and I will go over each step.

Force Sensitive - This happens after the NPC says they are willing to train with you. I am making new requirements on this the PC has to have a prestige class and the NPC has to be level 15 or higher. You go thorugh the normal motions and when the NPC says they are willing and they have the dialog with them when it use to say blah blah has begun down the path of (dark) jedi class. It now says blah blah has begun down the path of (dark) jedi. The NPC will keep the current class they have and they will get the feat of Force Sensitive (http://tsl.stpwebhosting.com/FS.gif). Nothing else at this point as training has not really started.

Jedi Apprentice - After the NPC has leveled you can then talk to the NPC and train them further (only on the Ebon Hawk) after some dialog and some training cutscene on the Ebon Hawk they will be granted the rank of Jedi Apprentice (http://tsl.stpwebhosting.com/japp.gif). Thier Class will stay the same and they will also get the Jedi Defense feat which means they will be able to wear Jedi Robes.

Jedi Padawan - After the NPC has leveled again you can talk to the NPC and train them further (only on the Ebon Hawk) after some dialog and some training cutscene on the Ebon Hawk they will be granted the rank of Jedi Padawan (http://tsl.stpwebhosting.com/jpad.gif). Thier Class will stay the same and tey will also get the Lightsaber feat which means they now can use lightsabers (not well but they are a padawan :-)).

Continued in next post.
 rgdelta
01-18-2006, 3:39 PM
Was not sure if everything would fit in 1 post so I did 2

Continued from last post

Jedi Knight - After the NPC Levels again you can talk to the NPC to train them more (on Ebon Hawk) after some dialog and a training cutscence they will get the rank of Jedi Knight (http://tsl.stpwebhosting.com/jknight.gif) This is when they get the Jedi Class and near the end through dialog you get to determine which Jedi Class the NPC will get (counseler, guardian, sentinal).

After you have trained 2 party members to Jedi Knight you will get another feat it will be either Kreia's Mentor Feat or a new passive feat called like Jedi Trainer (feedback on this part would be nice)

Finally after your NPC gets level 10 in thier Jedi Class and you have the added feat from training at least 2 of them you can then train them in a prestige class (on the ebon hawk) you can talk to them after some dialog and probebly some cutscene you will select which of the Prestige (http://tsl.stpwebhosting.com/prestige.gif) Classes they become.

Feedback on this system is welcome.
 Elven6
01-18-2006, 10:07 PM
So alot of the convo will be unvoiced right?
 rgdelta
01-18-2006, 11:00 PM
for development yes once I get to a certain point I will be asking for voice actors and actresses and I will do some creative sound editing for existing chars like atton :-)
 Elven6
01-19-2006, 10:42 AM
alright it might sound a bit weird but w/e

btw the unused elevator leads to the Droid Factory so i dont think you can use that unless you use a diffrent door for your module.
 rgdelta
01-19-2006, 3:17 PM
If the sound editing is done right you can make it sound natural :-) yes I found that out after I posted about the unused elevator at telos base and I will not touch that as it is in the TSLRP
 rgdelta
01-20-2006, 11:45 PM
New Update

Things are coming along I plan on getting the website up in the next few days and then probebly will begin getting a staff together in the next few weeks.

For those intrested in this mod here are a few screenshots nothing really exciting yet.

Screenshots are down for the time being.

I will be updating more as I get it.
 Elven6
01-22-2006, 4:55 PM
It looks good but what did u change in the screenshots?
 rgdelta
01-22-2006, 5:36 PM
Restored the X-Box Live Statement from Atton for Female PC's Are you an angel. Added a terminal to turn off the force cage when you let Atton out reskinned female faces. Different female underwear new hilt (oldflash) and gave kriea a lightsaber from start. Just a few things in the screenshots not alot like I said but a few.
 Elven6
01-26-2006, 10:41 AM
This sounds good, I would lend a hand but I have no modding skills :( unless they make a area editor like the one for Warcraft, then I might be able to help you.
 rgdelta
01-26-2006, 1:42 PM
That is fine atm I am on some preliminary stuff and not ready for a team yet but I have a few people that have offered and I will take them up with it sometime :-)
 Elven6
01-26-2006, 1:59 PM
Alright but now that we are on the subject of editing, is there a module editor like the one you get with Warcraft2-3? if there is then I can probably help you
 rgdelta
01-26-2006, 2:03 PM
No you can't make new modules but with Kotor Tool's Module editor or GFF editing of the git files you can edit the stuff in the modules like creature placeables door triggers and waypoints. But you cannot make new modules.
 Elven6
01-26-2006, 6:58 PM
I know that but I dont know how to use it :( I could try to learn but its not easy
 Kelathinadun
01-26-2006, 10:25 PM
Did this awesome idea/thread die out? I find this talk of two new planets awe inspiring.
 rgdelta
01-26-2006, 10:49 PM
No I am working on it :-)
 Elven6
01-28-2006, 5:13 PM
Since you can return to Dantooine at the end are you going to bring back the Enclave landing or the normal Khoonda one?
 rgdelta
01-28-2006, 6:00 PM
Khoonda one
Page: 1 of 3