Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Nominations: The mod of the year: the public's choice

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth333
12-30-2005, 10:48 AM
StarWarsKnights.com will be releasing a "staff pick" list of mods very soon and we'd be interested in having a sort of "public choice" award...and we need your participation for the latter :)

The vote will be done in two rounds: in this first round, we are asking you to nominate among the numerous mods made in 2005 (skins, models, force powers, additions/modifications to the storyline, new areas, game rebalance/AI tweak, mini games, etc. ) your favorite Kotor 1 and TSL mods .

Read before posting:

Name only one mod for Kotor 1 and one for TSL. The mod's creation date has to be 2005. Check the forums and PCGM if you are not sure about the date.

Don't start making lists of mods and no chatter please. Do not comment on other people's choices. Off topic posts will be erased. (If you have something to say concerning the poll, PM me or PM one of the swk moderators.)

We will leave this thread opened until Friday 8 PM Thursday Januray 12, 2005 (-5 GMT) and we'll make two final polls ( one for kotor and one for tsl) comprising the 10 mods that will have been nominated the most often. Mods that will not have been announced here at LucasForums will be removed from the final list.
 Emperor Devon
12-30-2005, 6:07 PM
Wow, no one has posted. Well, here is my vote:

KotOR II:

DarthStryke's real Darth Nihilus, with a few things I added to it.

I thought it was a truly excellent skin. Big bad Nihilus looked awesome already, and then Stryke came along and made him look even better. The head has been darkened, and the eye holes of Nihilus' mask have red around them, and overall make Nihilus look far more sinister. The fact that his robes have been darkened a bit makes him look just plain better. The only flaw I found in this mod was Nihilus' body, which was colored red. While it was a a good skin, I'm not that wild about red. However, a very simple photoshop edit can darken Nihilus' robe to match the cloth around his mask, so no harm done there.

You can get it here. (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/11679.html) There are no screenshots for the mod at PCgamemods, but you can see one here. (http://stryke.fotopic.net/p13705676.html) (Ignore everything below the head, that part of the skin was corrected.)

Darth333 clearly stated that you choose one mod for each game there ED... :roleyess: -RH

Well, I got a bit carried away. And besides, it got people voting.
 Vibro
12-30-2005, 6:14 PM
TSL:

Ultimate Lightsaber Mod (USM) has been the best Mod I've come accross so far.

KoTOR:

Haven't got the game on the PC, so I can't really vote.
 stoffe
12-30-2005, 6:36 PM
While I'm not usually much into popularity contests I guess I'll have to do my part and cast my vote:

TSL - The Ultimate Saber Mod. Lots of competition, but its the biggest quality TSL mod I've tried that has become essentially a standard part of the game. No reason not to use it. :)

K1 - I've only tried one KotOR1-mod this year so I'll have to vote for it: Revans mask Plus by T7nowhere :)
 T7nowhere
12-30-2005, 7:36 PM
@Emperor Devon please note that we ask for only one nomination per game per LF member, so if you could narrow your list down to just one per game, that would be great. Oh, and come on ;) you must have downloaded something for K1 or at the very least liked something that was made this year, if you look at PCGM I'm sure you'll find that there were many cool mods released this year.

Thanks,
and the enthusiasm is appreciated. :)
 Carodej
12-30-2005, 8:10 PM
I've only recently started downloading and playing mods from here, and I no longer have KotOR1 installed on any of my PCs. But for KotOR2 I want to vote for ChAiNz' Darkswords mod.
 Keiko
12-30-2005, 10:21 PM
EDIT: TSL: Darth333's Lightsaber Floating Force Power! ;) Excellent mod!

K1: Revans Mask + by T7nowhere, nice mod bud! :D
 The Doctor
12-30-2005, 10:32 PM
For KotOR:
I liked RedHawke's Revan robes mod, the one that let's you where Revan's robes with the hood up and mask on.
I know the rule is only one, but I have to mention the elemental Lightsaber pack.

For TSL:
The USM. Great mod. It'll be in my override forever.
 oldflash
12-31-2005, 3:41 AM
For KOTOR T7nowhere's Revans Mask + mod.
TSL : Ultimate Saber mod - Holowan Lab
 ChAiNz.2da
12-31-2005, 5:23 AM
Despite my better judgement :xp: (who am I kidding.. hehehe) Here's a tip for the "system"...

Trust us, we know it's a hard choice choosing only one mod, but remember, this is a 2 stager. We want candidates for a poll. SO...

If you're juggling between several mods, and you see that your first choice of a mod you like already has several votes (and a pretty much guaranteed spot on the poll).. list your second choice. Get it's name on the board! ;) Your second choice might be a mod another player may not have thought of.. a whole year's worth of mods is ALOT to think about...

Leave no mod unturned.. hehehe We want'm all!

And yeah, we realize that it's a restrictive list of mods.. and if we had our druthers, every single one of you would win.

We've got alot of talent on these forums.. moreso than any I've seen on other game modding boards.. so we thought it'd be a nice gesture to give a nod to the author(s) of some of the cutting edge stuff of 2005. Mods that have shaped the course of the year and defined it's pivotal moments... in both gameplay and modding design.

Good luck on voting and remember.. you're ALL winners as far as we're concerned :D
 Darth InSidious
12-31-2005, 10:47 AM
TSL: After a long, tough decision process, I'll go with the Dark Apprentice. I haven't played the gold version, but the first one was very good and highly enjoyable. It certainly deserves nomination :)

KotOR: Sabre forms. Definitely a fantastic mod.
 Tupac Amaru
12-31-2005, 4:12 PM
K1: Xia Terashai's Set by ChAiNz.2da, RedHawke and JediKnight72482

TSL: There were many mods I liked. Since it can only be one I will vote for the Combat Simulation Arena by stoffe-mkb-.
 MdKnightR
12-31-2005, 11:19 PM
Well, forgive me for nominating one of my own, but since I share credit with 2 other members, I think it'll be okay. Besides, there is already so much support for the USM (which would have been my other choice).

TSL - Heart of the Force Sabers (with Spirit of the Force and Spectre of the Force Robes) by MdKnightR with much help from Redhawke and Oldflash.

K1 - Meet Athena (Selectable Female PC) by KristyKistic
 bolsen
01-02-2006, 6:09 PM
TSL-USM; I don't know waht else I COULD vote for. This was one great mod.

KotOR 1-Saber Forms
 Jeff
01-02-2006, 7:19 PM
KotOR: T7nowhere's Lightsaber 6 Pack.

TSL: Prime's Movie Style Jedi Robes and Armour.

And excellent idea @ the SWK mods :)
 The Source
01-02-2006, 10:36 PM
KOtOR II - USM

KotOR I - Revan Mask by T7
 TheOssusKeeper
01-02-2006, 11:29 PM
TSL: USM

K1: AIOFP mod
 JediKnight707
01-03-2006, 12:02 AM
**** Tough choices...
K2: USM. Holy. F**king. Moly. All I can say.
K1: Prime's Movie Robes.
 Achilles
01-03-2006, 12:30 AM
TSL - I know that she probably wouldn't consider it a mod, but I have to go with Stoffe -mkb-'s AI Tweak.

KotOR - Excel 2DA Read/Write Macro by TK102 (it was released for KotOR even though you can use it with TSL too). The Manaan Door Relief mod was a very close 2nd ;)
 3yks
01-03-2006, 1:08 AM
K1: Achilles Robe Mod

k2: USM
 Master Kavar
01-03-2006, 1:13 AM
Wow, this is no easy choice. There's over a dozen mods for both games I just couldn't play without. But I think these two have really made their way into my favorites list.

Knights of the Old Republic: cjt0202's (http://www.pcgamemods.com/user/13458.html) Carth Romance Fix v1.1 (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/16862.html)

The Sith Lords: stoffe's (http://www.pcgamemods.com/user/8059.html) High Level Force Powers (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/13294.html)
 Joris1
01-03-2006, 6:40 AM
I think the greatest Kotor II mod is:

High Level Force Powers Mod from stoffe-mkb- you can get it here: http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/13294.html)

The greatest Kotor I mod for me is:

Bastila Makeovers - (Hair Colors) from Aolas. You can get it here http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/9560.html)
 abcdow
01-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Many, many to choose from for both games. However I'll pick a couple that haven't yet been named, since it might stimulate others to add choices or check out some different mods.
KotOR: Prime's Republic Commando: Delta Squad (also available for TSL)
TSL: oldflash's Ceremonial weapon Pack (melee) (although any other new melee weapon models done by oldflash are great, this would be my choice)
This is a great idea and I look forward to voting in the poll as well. Good luck to all the fantastic modders, any number of mods are worthy of mod of the year. Congratulations to the winner in advance!
(just an after thought, maybe there could be categories where a variety of types of mods would be recognized as well as a grand gungala gungula overall winner, kind of like some honorable mentions for armour, or melee weapons, or new NPC's)
Any way that's my 2 cents, or I guess probably from how much I've wrote my twoonie (yeah I'm Canadian eh!).
abcdow
 Darth DeadMan
01-05-2006, 6:34 PM
TSL: AVol's Character: Darth Vader.
 L0rdReV@n88
01-11-2006, 11:33 AM
tsl the ULTIMATE SABER MOD

KOTOR CloneTroopers
theres my choices great mods by everyone but hard choices
 Shem
01-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Mod nominations for mods released in the year 2005

KOTOR - "Project Yavin 4th" - Yavin 4 Planet

TSL - Ultimate Saber Mod
 AnakinSolaris
01-12-2006, 7:15 AM
TSL - Ultimate Saber Mod
 Ghost Down
01-12-2006, 7:35 AM
K1 - Revan's Mask + by T7

K2 - USM

- Dream Evil :vamp1:
 PrtyLizardJedi
01-12-2006, 12:55 PM
KotOR 1: Svцsh's Good/Evil Bastila

TSL: USM
 Kha
01-12-2006, 1:59 PM
K1: Carth Romance Fix v1.1
 mimartin
01-12-2006, 2:06 PM
TSL: Jabba's Palace Themed Dancer Outfit Item Additions (Slave Girl and Exotic Mesh) by Drakonnen.

KOTOR 1: Meet Athena by KristyKistic

There are so many great mods, I just voted for the ones I use the most. Thanks to all for all their hard work in making such wonderful mod in 2005.
 Darth333
01-12-2006, 8:53 PM
Thanks everyone for your input :) We will now compile all this and make a final poll.
Page: 1 of 1