Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Patch for X-Wing Collector Series to use 3D accleration in WinXP

Page: 1 of 1
 PhilosopherKing
12-25-2005, 2:08 PM
Thanks to Wildstar's recommendations, I purchased a copy of X-Wing Collector Series. I've searched on Lucasfiles for the 3D acceleration patch but, they don't have the file (although they have a full description for it). I was wondering if anyone knew of a download location for the patch or could send it to me via e-mail. Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Edit: Does this patch work for both X-Wing and Tie Fighter? If not, is there a 3D accelerator fix for both?
 Wildstar
12-25-2005, 3:02 PM
To address your earlier question, they'll run fine on Windows XP, but you may run into an installation pitfall that can be avoided by checking if the file autoexec.nt is in your Windows\system32 folder (if it isn't, copy the file to that folder from the Windows\Repair folder).

To answer the questions you asked in this thread, the file should be there, since you found the description. Just follow the download links from that page. If you still can't find the file, give me a private message on this board with your email address and I'll see if I can send you a copy. The patch works for both X-Wing and TIE Fighter, and you'll only need to run it once to fix both games.
Page: 1 of 1