Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Will X-wing vs. Tie Fighter work on windows XP

Page: 1 of 1
 Greatstar
12-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Will X-wing vs. Tie Fighter run on windows XP. I had also had directx 9.0b. Will able to launch game and start any mission?
 Wildstar
12-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Yes, it'll run, but keep in mind that you may get an error dialog that references the file autoexec.nt when you attempt to install it. If that happens, the file can be found in your Windows\Repair folder...just copy it over to your Windows\system32 folder and it should then install.
 sentinel 5
02-24-2006, 4:54 AM
Hmmm just pulled out my XvT (BoP) today and I'm trying to install it on XP for my son to enjoy. The autoexec.nt is where it should be, I also installed the xw95 patch (not sure if that was intended for this but wth), but still no go. Autorun starts, I can click install, but then it appears to hang for a few seconds and just quits. I've also tried drilling down to the setup.exe in the install folder, even that doesn't seem to work. I never get a single error message, it just won't go. The disk looks perfect, no scratches. Any help or suggestions?
Page: 1 of 1