Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Old School mod version 2

Page: 1 of 1
 Tinny
12-07-2005, 8:29 AM
Hey gang, I just wanted to let you guys in on a early beta of the mod:

http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gtg143y/ojpwahoo.zip)

I know this probably won't include the greatest readme in the world, but i'll try to write up a good readme in the mean while. It includes RazorAce's latest ojp basic .0.9

Here are some new things to try with cheats:

*old jedi knight cheatcodes in like yodajammies, raccoonking, etc
*/give weapon_carbonite, /give weapon_clonerifle
*/npc spawn
-ice_trooper (or icetrooper)
-cultistcommando
-sand_creature
-mark1
-jerec

Newer features:
-Speed dash - double tap speed button to dash like in the movies and some games
-direction based knockdown - can land on your face like in sp
-saber has increased damage, but the saber block rate is increased so that while damage is still high against gunners, the saber duels can still last about as long
-"vampire" drain - if your in contact with someone and activate drain you grab them like in sp

*ctf_bespinfort now ported to ja

All the old features should still reamain (see sig for link to first version). I know guys this doesn't seem like a huge change from last time, but most of the stuff is background stuff to speed up server/fix bugs. If you can beta test this for me and report bugs i'd greatly appreciate it. The intro screen is a practical joke so don't freak out. Let's see hmmm... try coop some, you should be able to team heal allied bots and friendly npcs with force heal at full health and team force them with force drain at full health. That's about it, just extract the contents of the file to GameData in your ja folder
and use:

http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gtg143y/testing.bat)

to execute. If you want get rid of the jampconfig file in the ojpwahoo folder otherwise you'll have my fav keyboard config. Take care guys and thanks for willing to beta test :)
 razorace
12-10-2005, 1:59 AM
I'm impressed Tinny. You've added a lot of cool and hard to do features. :)
 Tinny
12-10-2005, 1:13 PM
Thanks so much bro :). I don't think I could have done it without the Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions :p
 razorace
12-10-2005, 2:26 PM
Nah, I only helped a tinny bit. ;D
 Tinny
12-11-2005, 12:33 AM
bad - am -- pishhh 0_o
 razorace
12-17-2005, 9:43 PM
And now for some constructive critism.

I don't really like the actual destruction fireball effect, it's too plain looking. While the sparking around it looks good, it needs a better texture on the actual ball.

Secondly, I don't get the speed boost addition. It seems to just catapult the player in an uncontrolled way. How are we supposed to make use of it?

Have a great X-Mas break!
 Tinny
12-19-2005, 8:13 PM
Oh, the double tap speed dash is useful for split second escape situations and to look more movie/other sw game like. Yeah the force destruction is horrible right now, was trying to make a better efx.
 razorace
12-19-2005, 8:19 PM
So, does it look for an actual double tap or does it just check to see if you're holding down the speed button between frames?
 Tinny
12-22-2005, 2:24 PM
It should be looking for a another button pressed down, maybe one would just hold down the speed button and it would send a bunch of speed requests and the server would register it as a double tap.
 razorace
12-22-2005, 4:46 PM
hmmm, maybe have it check for the release of the speed button and then check for a repressing of the button?
 Tinny
12-23-2005, 4:16 PM
Actually I think that's what my code does. What I did was I held down the speed button and then it activated then deactivated normal force speed. Whereas if I double tapped the speed button it would do the speed burst.
 razorace
12-23-2005, 5:21 PM
Ah, gotcha. But what if the player just wants to turn off Force Speed?
 Tinny
12-24-2005, 12:26 AM
He can press force speed button say after 200 milliseconds have passed since he last pressed it or just hold it down. Its almost just like before.
Page: 1 of 1