Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

501st campaign

Page: 1 of 1
 mogga
12-06-2005, 5:17 PM
in the 501st story mode, who do you like playing better as, clones or imperials?
 Commander Obi-Wan
12-06-2005, 6:00 PM
I'd have to go with the Clones. Though I like the Imperials alot too. One Reason why I like the Clones more is because I like the planets the battles take place on. Also, I like the Clones units a bit more.
 ParanoidAndroid
12-06-2005, 6:02 PM
I gotta go with the clones to, I just preffered most of their missions to the imperial ones. Although the empire does have it's moments.
 zerted
12-06-2005, 6:22 PM
I don't know. I really don't have a preference for the land missions. I like the Imperial space battles better (becasue of the guided rocket).
 DARTH MAUL
12-06-2005, 7:16 PM
personally i like the republic commander because of his rapid fire chain gun.
 Master William
12-06-2005, 7:56 PM
I like the Imperial side just a little bit more, even though their gear looks like a step backwards rather than forward.

It's a very hard choice, it's 49% Clones and 51% Imperials to me.
 Commander Obi-Wan
12-06-2005, 8:04 PM
...becasue of the guided rocket....

Guided rocket? Where? What?
 zerted
12-06-2005, 8:26 PM
The Imperial bomber (and one of the transports) have guided rockets. They are extremely hard to use, but I like using them anyway. Guided rockets are rockets where you control its movement and speed. They do not lock-on, instead you drive them.

A 2 or 3 units also have guided rockets.
 Commander Obi-Wan
12-06-2005, 8:38 PM
Thanx...I know what guided rockets are (now I think I am gonna call "grockets" 'cause of your edit.)
 mogga
12-06-2005, 9:39 PM
i think the at-st has guided rockets too.
 ParanoidAndroid
12-06-2005, 9:45 PM
yeah, the AT-ST, TIE bomber and most (if not all) the transports have them. I think thats it, exept for chewbacca and the award launcher.

I personally preferred the medium blasters the AT-ST had last game to the rockets, they're fun to use, but hard use correctly.
 DARTH MAUL
12-06-2005, 9:49 PM
ok, but i think that the guided rockets are not very good, they do almost no damage on impact.
 Venom750
12-06-2005, 9:59 PM
I'd say the empire because you fight the rebels which i like and plus you fight the wookies which is cool
 zerted
12-07-2005, 1:26 AM
Thanx... (now I think I am gonna call "grockets" 'cause of your edit.)
I almost left grockets in... The guided grockets do cause much more damage when they reach their full speed, but controling them at this speed is almost impossible. See how long you can drive a boosting missile around the hero map. I'm not talking about up in the air, I mean close to the ground where the units are.

It would have been nice if you could play all the campain levels backwards. Instead of going after the objectives, you would have to defend them from the clones.
 Redtech
12-07-2005, 8:25 AM
Saying that, I think the Republic must have had a HUGE budget cut when the empire was formed. The clones have way more personality and better equipent.

I don't like the AT-ST "Grockets" I think it's out of character for a main battle unit to have a tactical weapon. You need artillery units to have stuff like that, where at least you don't have to worry about getting the crap kicked out of you as you're flying. Heck, if the Hailfire could shoot "grockets" I wouldn't mind. Okay, that's just my rant on "unit classes" starting again...
 Darth Alec
12-07-2005, 1:40 PM
I once got really Pwned by "grockets", it was on Hoth, and only me and my friend was on the map. Nobots, no humans. I coulden't get out of the hanger before he blew me up.
 Igor_Cavkov
12-07-2005, 5:16 PM
i enjoyed playing imperials more
 Pho3nix
12-08-2005, 2:32 PM
Clones.
 MagnaGuard
12-09-2005, 11:37 PM
Clones, cause there are more levels with the Clones that you can use heroes in.
 Commander Obi-Wan
12-10-2005, 1:36 AM
I also like using he Clones more 'cause of the vehicle you get, especially the Starfighters. :D
 marvidchano
12-10-2005, 6:49 AM
I'd have to go with imps cuz of their vehicles like that deadly AT-ST
 mogga
12-12-2005, 5:31 PM
One thing i didn't like about the imps is that they always seem to be outnumbered by the rebels, but in the movies that was far from the case.
 Commander Obi-Wan
12-12-2005, 5:47 PM
One thing i didn't like about the imps is that they always seem to be outnumbered by the rebels, but in the movies that was far from the case.

Well, the Clones are outnumbered too. So that would mean the enemy outnumbers you. That makes the levels harder.
 ParanoidAndroid
12-12-2005, 7:00 PM
Hmm, maybe they could have tried making the imperial levels harder not by overwhelming you with troops but by making more precise objectives that are harder to carry out or give the rebels a more strategic control of the map.
 Micahc
12-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Clones, more mission variety.
 PoiuyWired
12-13-2005, 2:40 AM
Hmm, maybe they could have tried making the imperial levels harder not by overwhelming you with troops but by making more precise objectives that are harder to carry out or give the rebels a more strategic control of the map.

Yeah with those AI I don't think its possable.

Its too easy to lure them on a datpack.

Well, why do you think Hoth is so hard? Its cause they make the AI swamp you to death, not cause the game is hard. Its basically, dodge 20 nades flying at your direction AND your target's direaction to prevent it from being captured.
 ParanoidAndroid
12-13-2005, 6:24 AM
Exactly, the only thing challenging about Hoth is the sheer number of rebels you have to fight at once in order to win, unlike the movie where the imperials basicly had the rebels on the run. I feel the level could be made just as challenging if not more using other methods besides merely swamping you with grunts.
 TSR
12-13-2005, 7:03 AM
It might seem a bit vain, but i like the clones because theyve got so much more style than the imperials
 MachineCult
12-13-2005, 4:41 PM
I agree totally the clones look so much better than the Imperials, as i've heard someone say before, the Clone Troopers look like elite soldiers whereas the Stormtroopers just look like movie extras.
 mogga
12-13-2005, 5:08 PM
yeah, rebels should be outnumbered, but the AI should be excellerated to make them smarter, just to be realistic in respect to the movies.
 TSR
12-14-2005, 8:17 AM
Has anyone here got legendary demolition? The only time i can get grockets is using chewbacca or sometimes when i get the medal on veteran which in itself is a rareity
 clonearcman
12-14-2005, 7:15 PM
Definetly clones because they have the ARC troopers (the anti-armor units for you bums).
 TSR
12-17-2005, 6:47 AM
yeh, but the whole anti-armour thing is quite ironic, as the ARC troopers have little armour themselves, which is why it only takes a few hits to kill them
 zerted
12-17-2005, 8:46 AM
yeh, but the whole anti-armour thing is quite ironic, as the ARC troopers have little armour themselves, which is why it only takes a few hits to kill them
The rocket troopers have twice the armor of the standard trooper. Snipers, Bothan Spy, Jet trooper, and Dark trooper have less armor than the standard trooper. The last few units have more armor than the rocket troopers. I don't remember where the Imperial commander fits in.
 clonearcman
12-17-2005, 12:35 PM
I hope so because the way it goes in the CloneWars the ARC troopers have the best armor around and are very hard to hit.
 TSR
12-19-2005, 9:08 AM
Yeh, but how does an EMP kill a human? isnt EMP mainly a threat to droids with the electrical burst thing, so how can a human die from it? Death by tingling sensation?
 Redtech
12-19-2005, 10:59 AM
Well, considering that the clones nearly never fight organics, they shouldn't need to.
 clonearcman
12-19-2005, 11:46 AM
Its an electrical discharge and all organics can die with enough exposure of electricity.
 PoiuyWired
12-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Well, in story mode clones DO FIGHT organics... those flying roaches... you get them in the training level also, and in hunt mode.

also you have to fight clones with Imp...

I so wish they have those scramble missions available though, cause I would love online clone-imps or online imp-CIS, along with other weird combos. How about Wampa-Ewoks, or tuskens-Krayt, or JarJars-Jedis.
 clonearcman
12-19-2005, 2:05 PM
Well, in story mode clones DO FIGHT organics... those flying roaches... you get them in the training level also, and in hunt mode.

also you have to fight clones with Imp...

I so wish they have those scramble missions available though, cause I would love online clone-imps or online imp-CIS, along with other weird combos. How about Wampa-Ewoks, or tuskens-Krayt, or JarJars-Jedis.

Are you talkin bout the Geonosians?
 The Eyes
12-19-2005, 4:11 PM
I really liked both, I loved playing Recovering the plans and Our Finest Hour, and I loved KnightFall, Heart of Darkness, and a Desperate rescue.
 Redtech
12-22-2005, 9:30 AM
Still doesn't excuse the lack of EMP grenades. Anyway, using grenades against flying targets is an exercise in stupidity.
 PoiuyWired
12-22-2005, 8:37 PM
yet it works well...
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
12-22-2005, 10:43 PM
I enjoyed both Imperials and Clones, but I wish you could skip back to any story level and play with the objectives.
It would also be great if they'd included story modes for other factions (droids, rebels)
Maybe a space heavy story about a lost star destroyer.
Page: 1 of 1