Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Original ANH Scenes

Page: 1 of 1
 master_skywalke
11-15-2005, 3:22 PM
I started fan-editing ANH and I wondered if somebody could send me the following scenes of the original version of ANH in resenable quality and in mpeg format:
Han firing first at Greedo
Original Alderaan destruction
Original Death Star Destruction
Battle of Yavin
The original shot of the droids entering Mos Eisley
Original shot of Ben's home
Original approach of the Jawa Sandcrawler
Luke training at Falcon (only the part where Luke's blade is green in the 2004 release)

Thanks in advance :)

Master Skywalker
 The Doctor
11-15-2005, 7:51 PM
Why not just rip them from your own DVD? It seems dumb to ask help with something that simple (if you can break the anti-duplication thingies - to use a technical term). No offense.
 Kurgan
11-15-2005, 9:06 PM
He's asking because these elements are not found on the DVD set (well most of them anyway, a few things are still viewable on the fourth disc, but they're mostly ruined by the presence of overlay text or voice-overs or are in full frame instead of widescreen).

If you get your hands on a copy of the LaserDisc or VHS sets you can rip the scenes you need in decent quality with video capture software as many other fans have done.

With video editing software you can also recolor saber blades, again, something
many fans have done. It's hard work and I've not attempted it. I wouldn't expect people here to send you any clips. And also keep in mind that we on the forums can't give you much help due to the problems with bootlegging and warez. Not accusing you just giving you FYI.

You can usually find the materials you'd need off of ebay (but beware, people may try to sell you some low quality bootlegs so be sure you know what you're getting and if it's legal!).

Me personally, as long as you're not seeking to profit from this, I don't have a problem with it. A lot of fans have problems with the changes Lucas has made to his films over the years. The common retort to such people is "well if you don't like it too bad, Lucas can do what he wants... so go make your own version." And to you guys who actually do that, more power to ya. ;)

Good luck with your project!
Page: 1 of 1