Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Zabrak head for K1

Page: 1 of 1
 rictus135
11-08-2005, 9:28 PM
As far as i am aware, there are no zabrak heads in K1, or any mods for them either. I know you can't remodel heads, but as it is possible to remodel helmets and such, could some one make a zabrak-spike head equipment item thingy? Or even better two, male and female versions (for the female version see Jedi Academy).
 MdKnightR
11-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Actually, you can remodel (or modify) existing heads. You just can't make them from scratch. Kristykistic just made a modified head for K1 this week. Perhaps she will take on the challenge.
 Mono_Giganto
11-09-2005, 6:03 PM
Yeah, but the chances of having vertices in just the right places is slim to none. The headgear would be much more practical.
 Kristy Kistic
11-10-2005, 1:22 AM
Since I saw my name in this... I'm not trying to be disappointing, but no I'm not going to take on this project. I have no clear plan of how I would do this and unless I'm thouroughly satisfied with something I would never release it. I don't usually work on something unless I can lose myself in it anyway and this just wouldn't do that for me. (I have no real interest in it and I would not be able to stay focused on it.) Besides which, much like Mono was saying, the top of the head is usually rather sparse on vertices. Forgive me?
 RedHawke
11-10-2005, 1:57 AM
Forgive me?
There is absolutely no need to ask anyones forgiveness Kristy. :) Just because a request is made and someone throws your name into the hat doesn't obligate you in any way shape or form, if this were so then Achilles, Prime, T7, svosh, Darth333, Mono, myself and many others would be swamped. ;)

Some mods are do-able some aren't, this one isn't likely do-able without some sort of breakthrough in the model animation formats. There was someone who made Zabrak Horns as a Mask for KOTOR, but it had some problems and was not released as far as I can recall, it was a long time ago. I fail to remember the modders name as well. :(
 Mono_Giganto
11-10-2005, 2:12 PM
There is absolutely no need to ask anyones forgiveness Kristy. :) Just because a request is made and someone throws your name into the hat doesn't obligate you in any way shape or form, if this were so then Achilles, Prime, T7, svosh, Darth333, Mono, myself and many others would be swamped. ;)

Oh god... I'd be an armory if that were the case... Lol. Thought I'm swamped as it is. :p
 Alkonium
11-11-2005, 7:58 AM
I'll do it as soon as I get ahold of 3d modelling tools. Now, do you want an Eeth Koth/Agen Kolar style Zabrak or a Darth Maul style Zabrak?
 rictus135
11-12-2005, 12:09 AM
Thanks Alkonium you're my hero! I was thinking maul/bao-dur for the men, and agen kolar for the women. But im not greedy so agen kolar would work for both. Could it be more than two horns though? in Jedi academy, the zabrak women characters had like, 6-8 of varying size on their forhead. Whatever you do though, i will be eternally grateful.
 Alkonium
11-12-2005, 12:17 AM
Ok, what skintone? Caucasian, Black, or Asian?
 at528
11-15-2005, 3:15 PM
If it helps you at all, the spikes on the sand people clothing are fairly similar to the zabrak spikes. Smaller, but they may help out anyone who tries this.
 rictus135
11-26-2005, 3:27 AM
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I think caucasian would work best for what i have in mind. But the skin is unimportant. it is the model that really matters. :)
 The Doctor
11-26-2005, 12:26 PM
One could do a very quick zabrak head by replacing one of the PC heads with a reskin of Bao-Dur (at least it would work for TSL - it's illegal to port stuff between games).
 Fenix Darkblaze
11-26-2005, 12:52 PM
The Sand People masks have horns on their heads.. maybe something could be done with those to make it work easier?
 Alkonium
11-26-2005, 1:20 PM
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I think caucasian would work best for what i have in mind. But the skin is unimportant. it is the model that really matters. :)
My apologies. I have no clue how to work the 3d tools so you'll have to get someone else to do this.
Page: 1 of 1