Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Movie Saber Mod

Page: 1 of 2
 J3d1W4rr10r
11-01-2005, 7:18 PM
---------------
Movie Saber Mod
---------------
by J3d1W4rr10R
http://home.comcast/~J3d1W4rr10r/index.html)

Author's Rant:
---------------
Well the bad news is that these are High(er) poly than say those of the USM but this was done purposely as detail was the first priority instead of poly count. Although I personally don't have the greatest computer,and I haven't noticed any change with everyone in my party equipping the higher end sabers, can't say if it will for you or not. The poly's range in between 850-2655 a piece, I did all I could to add the detail and still keep them in a realistic range. I put a good amount of time in researching these, I started by making regular prototype style hilts from things that came to my mind, tried a few movie hilts and the next thing I knew I had the makings of a mod. I really enjoyed making these, and I hope you guys enjoy them as well, if high(er) poly models aren't your thing there are plenty of alternatives including the greatest saber mod for kotor II, period (USM). =)

Compatibility:
---------------
USM - http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/download/USM_Released.rar)
---------------
The Prestiege Class mod - http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/)
---------------
Exiles Item pack - http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/)
---------------

I suggest if you don't have these mods to grab them for the best TSL experience!!

25 Hilts Included:
---------------
Cheat Code | Name
---------------
g_w_lghtsbr80 - Qui-Gon Jinn
g_w_lghtsbr81 - Darth Maul's Damaged Saber
g_w_dblsbr82 - Darth Maul's Double Bladed Saber
g_w_lghtsbr83 - Count Dooku's Jedi Lightsaber
g_w_lghtsbr84 - Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus lightsaber
g_w_lghtsbr85 - Yoda
g_w_lghtsbr86 - Plo Koon
g_w_lghtsbr87 - Darth Sidious
g_w_lghtsbr88 - Mace Windu
g_w_lghtsb89 - Saesse Tiin
g_w_lghtsbr90 - Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)
g_w_lghtsbr91 - Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
g_w_lghtsbr92 - Obi-Wan Kenobi (ANH)
g_w_lghtsbr93 - Anakin Skywalker (AOTC)
g_w_lghtsbr94 - Darth Vader (ANH)
g_w_lghtsbr95 - Anakin Skywalker (ROTS)/Luke Skywalker (ANH)
g_w_lghtsbr96 - Luke Skywalker (ROTJ)
g_w_lghtsbr97 - Quinlan Vos
g_w_lghtsbr98 - Padawan Saber I
g_w_lghtsbr99 - Padawan Saber II
g_w_lghtsbr245 - Jedi Clan Saber I (Ayala Secura, Barris Offe)
g_w_lghtsbr246 - Jedi Clan Saber II (Kdi-Adi Mundi, Saesse Tiin)
g_w_lghtsbr247 - Jedi Clan Saber III (Adi Gallia, Bultar Swan, Shaak Ti)
g_w_lghtsbr248 - Jedi Clan Saber IV (Mace Windu, Eeth Koth, Luminara Unduli)
g_w_lghtsbr249 - Jedi Clan Saber V (Kit Fisto, Mace Windu, Tarados Gon)

Instructions:
---------------
Extract to your override folder, making sure that the upcrystals.2da is in your override folder and not in a subfolder. If you have Other mods that aren't USM, Prestige Class Mod, or Exiles Item pack you may have a conflict with that if you wish to keep those upgradable don't use my upcrystals.2da (which means MSM won't have upgradeable sabers). If you have USM or all 3 above mentioned, simply overwrite the exisiting upcrystals.2da as this is a modified version of theirs.

---------------
T7nowhere for his awesome saber tut and help along the way
svцsh for his mapping tut
maverick187 for his upgradable tut
Achilles for his Lightsaber Walkthrough
Rehawke for helping make this thing compatible with other great mods with his insight

And everyone who makes it easy on us by creating such great tuts over at
Holowan Laboratories: http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=324)
---------------

Download
---------------
http://home.comcast.net/~j3d1w4rr10r/JW_MovieSaberMod.rar)
http://lucasfiles.com/index.php?s=&action=file&id=1203)
~Fixed PCGM Direct Link~ -RH
http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/17055/JW_MovieSaberMod.rar)

I would post this over at PCGameMods but it won't let me sign in, or even re-register don't know what the deal is but if anyone knows why feel free to let me know. :) Enjoy!

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINEMENT, BIOWARE, LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTSENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.
 The_Maker
11-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Ah luv joo! :3heart:

These are most excellent indeed, my dl is only at 34% but I am so psyced about it! :D
 Kly
11-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Wait.Can you use this mod for KOTOR1, and TSL? If it is only for TSL, could you add your sabers to KOTOR 1 as well.Thanks
 RedHawke
11-02-2005, 12:46 AM
Great to see this one made it to release! ;) Nice work! :thumbsup:

"Impressive... Most Impressive!" :vadar:
 J3d1W4rr10r
11-02-2005, 1:24 AM
Ah luv joo! :3heart:

These are most excellent indeed, my dl is only at 34% but I am so psyced about it! :D

Great Man, intrested to see what you guys think of them...:D

Wait.Can you use this mod for KOTOR1, and TSL? If it is only for TSL, could you add your sabers to KOTOR 1 as well.Thanks

Maybe a month or two down the road but as of now, battlefront II has my full attention :D

Great to see this one made it to release! ;) Nice work! :thumbsup:

"Impressive... Most Impressive!" :vadar:

I wish I could of done things a bit different, but my knowledge is still growing of the kotor games. I'm glad they are enjoyed thus far, hope I can figure the deal with PCGameMods, would like to get it posted over there also. :)

Thanks you guys for the comments :)
 JediKnight707
11-02-2005, 1:39 AM
You should post some scrrenies that would be awesome :D
 J3d1W4rr10r
11-02-2005, 1:41 AM
You should post some scrrenies that would be awesome :D

I posted one in the original thread, kotor takes some crappy screenshots or I probably would. ;)
 JediKnight707
11-02-2005, 1:45 AM
I saw them in the original thread, but they weren't like ingame or nothing, so I figured that you should take some that were ingame...
 RedHawke
11-02-2005, 1:48 AM
Maybe a month or two down the road but as of now, battlefront II has my full attention :D
I just got BFII myself so I can relate! :D
 J3d1W4rr10r
11-02-2005, 1:53 AM
I saw them in the original thread, but they weren't like ingame or nothing, so I figured that you should take some that were ingame...

Why's that? It's not like they are any different..lol If thats gonna make or break wether you download it, sorry to hear that man I myself would rather see max shots of them up close than see an in game shot that doesn't do them any justice what so ever. I wish kotor had a menu setup like JA, where you could see the detail in a ingame setting without actually being in game.

If KotoR took better screenshots, I would have took pics of all the sabers but I honestly think with 25 different sabers it would be more a pain then anything productive.

I just got BFII myself so I can relate! :D

:D I've got the same name when playing it online, so if ya see me around don't hesitate to say whats up. ;)
 RedHawke
11-02-2005, 2:03 AM
:D I've got the same name when playing it online, so if ya see me around don't hesitate to say whats up. ;)
Same here! Though I do have a -(DW)- in front of my name, but its me! :D

Anyway... back on topic! ;)
 Slipstreme
11-02-2005, 5:11 AM
Sorry it took so long :D but I finally downloaded it and it works... GREAT!
 BlazeHoliday
11-02-2005, 8:00 AM
could i possible take the models and mount them into kotor I over previous sabers? if its not possible i guess i can wait and see if you do this on kotor I, lol this is by far the best saber hilts i've ever seen. just would like to enjoy them on both!

Great work /bow
 J3d1W4rr10r
11-02-2005, 9:26 PM
Sorry it took so long :D but I finally downloaded it and it works... GREAT!

Great man, glad your enjoying it thats why I made it :)

could i possible take the models and mount them into kotor I over previous sabers? if its not possible i guess i can wait and see if you do this on kotor I, lol this is by far the best saber hilts i've ever seen. just would like to enjoy them on both!

Great work /bow

I'm gonna release it for Kotor I down the road, patience is the key :)

On another note, don't understand why my thread was closed in the Ahto, I thought that forum was for discussing anything was just trying to get some help and maybe some insight to why I couldn't upload to pcgm. Wish they could have at least gave me an explanation, so I didn't make the same mistake twice but it seems like nobody cares.

I have however sent it in to LucasFiles, hope it will at least get the word across to more people so not just the few that come here can enjoy it but everyone who plays the kotor games.
 RedHawke
11-02-2005, 10:41 PM
On another note, don't understand why my thread was closed in the Ahto, I thought that forum was for discussing anything was just trying to get some help and maybe some insight to why I couldn't upload to pcgm. Wish they could have at least gave me an explanation, so I didn't make the same mistake twice but it seems like nobody cares.
Because there is already a thread about PCGameMods (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=153988) in Ahto toward the bottom of page 1, so it was likely closed as a duplicate thread would be. ;)

You would be better off PM-ing T7nowhere as he is an admin there and should be able to help you with your problem. :)
 J3d1W4rr10r
11-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Because there is already a thread about PCGameMods (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=153988) in Ahto toward the bottom of page 1, so it was likely closed as a duplicate thread would be. ;)

You would be better off PM-ing T7nowhere as he is an admin there and should be able to help you with your problem. :)

I understand that, but it really had nothing to do with PCGamemods status as of being online/offline but I guess the subject is all that matters. I'll pm T7 hopefully he can help me out, thanks redhawke..:)
 RC-1162
11-05-2005, 8:54 AM
so when exactly are you planning to release the mod for K1? i love the concept and all those sabers sound AWESOME.
 J3d1W4rr10r
11-05-2005, 10:01 AM
so when exactly are you planning to release the mod for K1? i love the concept and all those sabers sound AWESOME.

There is no set date, if I had to absoultely guess it would prolly somewhere around January 1st as I'm taking a brief break from kotor editing to keep my sanity in check..lol Thanks for the comments, there seems to be enough intrest to warrant a kotor 1 mod so I almost definitely will do it now.

Still no help on the PCGM front, pm'd t7 but haven't gotten a response I hope they are trying to fix whatever the problem may be. :r2d
 YertyL
11-06-2005, 11:04 AM
Great work! Thanks very much! Of course, being able to play this in KOTOR too would be even more awesome :p
 Ralek
11-11-2005, 5:47 PM
CraaaaaP! No i'm not saying this mod is crap i'm dieing to try it out but I can't get it to work. Everytime I put in the giveitem cheat for one of them I just get that grenade with no description:( What am I doing wrong? I'm putting it into the override folder.Please help me ;(
 JediKnight707
11-11-2005, 8:03 PM
Can these be found ingame?
 The_Maker
11-11-2005, 9:55 PM
I dont think they can =/

There are no scripts to spawn them (ncs), or utm/utc files to have them (merchant/character) :(
 J3d1W4rr10r
11-12-2005, 4:02 AM
CraaaaaP! No i'm not saying this mod is crap i'm dieing to try it out but I can't get it to work. Everytime I put in the giveitem cheat for one of them I just get that grenade with no description:( What am I doing wrong? I'm putting it into the override folder.Please help me ;(

Sorry check the first post again, I made the changes seems in my rush to do the readme I forgot to change the TGA names to the UTI names which give the cheat #. Surprised nobody picked up on this sooner, my fault I'm gonna reupload the mod with a updated readme for those who already have the mod theres no need to redownload it just follow the cheat list from above. Sorry about that, glad you brought it to my attention or it may have went unfixed.

No they can't, It would of took a ton of extra time to learn how to script which is something I've never been good at anyways. :(

Fixed version is also available at PCGM - http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/17055.html)
 Shem
12-05-2005, 2:06 AM

The best thing to do for TSL if you really want to have them in the game and don't really want to script is to add it as an item you can create at the workbench. Making them availible to build at the workbench is simple .2da editing.
 JediKnight707
12-05-2005, 2:10 AM
That's what I said (I think). If you want JW, I can do it for you :)
 J3d1W4rr10r
12-05-2005, 8:39 PM
That's what I said (I think). If you want JW, I can do it for you :)

Sure man! I'm all for being able to access these things without using the cheat console for them. If you want you can add the Katarn sabers to it also, but thats up to you.
 Soogz
12-05-2005, 9:06 PM
Pretty sick. Nice job.
 JediKnight707
12-05-2005, 9:23 PM
Do you mind if I upload it at PCGM? 'Cause my email isn't working
 J3d1W4rr10r
12-06-2005, 1:59 AM
Go ahead, just put a link to the Movie Saber Mod in the readme :)
 JediKnight707
12-07-2005, 12:14 AM
Just posted it Here it is (http://pcgamemods.com/mod/17533.html)
 J3d1W4rr10r
12-07-2005, 12:18 AM
Just posted it Here it is (http://pcgamemods.com/mod/17533.html)

Good deal, I'll test it out tonight thanks for the help..:)
 JediKnight707
12-07-2005, 12:21 AM
My pleasure, great mod :D If there are any bugs (I never tested it) just tell me.
 BlazeHoliday
12-10-2005, 7:16 AM
Jan 1st coming and I'm awaiting a time frame on making these bad boys KOTOR I style!!!! come on now dont' keep us waiting to much longer!
 Renegade Angel
12-10-2005, 9:23 AM
Thses are pretty kewl for a new modder!
 J3d1W4rr10r
12-11-2005, 8:25 PM
Jan 1st coming and I'm awaiting a time frame on making these bad boys KOTOR I style!!!! come on now dont' keep us waiting to much longer!

I'm still shooting for Jan 1st, with the holidays coming up hard to say exactly if they will be done in time but that is the date still.

Thses are pretty kewl for a new modder!

Thanks..:)
 TheOneMan
12-14-2005, 1:13 AM
I have only one question. But first, compliments.

*drools* o.o These sabers are awesome. Fantastic graphics on the hilts. I'm very impressed! Kudo's to you.

(What the hell does Kudo's mean? It means props or Good job, doesn't it?)

And my question...

Do you plan to make a TSLInstaller for this mod? I really, really want to use this Mod, but I have Holowan installed and I don't think it's compatable with it. T^T This makes me a very sad person and I'm itching to use the Sidious saber (LONG LIVE DARTH SIDIOUS!!)

So...so...yeah T^T

Do you? :P
 J3d1W4rr10r
12-14-2005, 2:49 AM
I have only one question. But first, compliments.

*drools* o.o These sabers are awesome. Fantastic graphics on the hilts. I'm very impressed! Kudo's to you.

(What the hell does Kudo's mean? It means props or Good job, doesn't it?)

And my question...

Do you plan to make a TSLInstaller for this mod? I really, really want to use this Mod, but I have Holowan installed and I don't think it's compatable with it. T^T This makes me a very sad person and I'm itching to use the Sidious saber (LONG LIVE DARTH SIDIOUS!!)

So...so...yeah T^T

Do you? :P

No I don't, or it would have been that way when it was released its alot more work that I don't really have the time for. As far as being compatible with Holowan, you can just add all my folders in the download to your override folder but simply don't add the upcrystals.2da they won't be upgradeable but you'll still get to use them.
 TheOneMan
12-14-2005, 3:03 AM
No I don't, or it would have been that way when it was released its alot more work that I don't really have the time for. As far as being compatible with Holowan, you can just add all my folders in the download to your override folder but simply don't add the upcrystals.2da they won't be upgradeable but you'll still get to use them.

Hm...

Is there a possibility that perhaps the upcrystals.2da can be modified to fit the Holowan Plug-In? By perhaps Darkkender, you or someone else?

I'd try, but I don't understand even where to begin and unfortunately the tutorials just confuse me T^T
 J3d1W4rr10r
12-14-2005, 4:44 AM
Hm...

Is there a possibility that perhaps the upcrystals.2da can be modified to fit the Holowan Plug-In? By perhaps Darkkender, you or someone else?

I'd try, but I don't understand even where to begin and unfortunately the tutorials just confuse me T^T

Not by me, if you can find someone else go for it..
 RC-1162
12-17-2005, 10:32 AM
if you can somehow get it done before jan 1st, j3d1, ill give you a billion dollars.
 J3d1W4rr10r
01-01-2006, 12:40 AM
Sorry guys, I've been extremely busy with the holidays and with my real job which left me little time to do anything. I haven't got a chance to touch max or kotor since I released those Katarn sabers, I am truly sorry I know how many of you looked forward to having the KotoR version by Jan. 1.

February 1st, 2006 is the new release date, and will be the final release date it will not change again. Once again I'm very sorry, but hope you'll understand and I may add a few surprises (including a Darth Vader episode III hilt) to make up for it..:)

Happy New Year to all! :)
 Tagart
02-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Sorry guys, I've been extremely busy with the holidays and with my real job which left me little time to do anything. I haven't got a chance to touch max or kotor since I released those Katarn sabers, I am truly sorry I know how many of you looked forward to having the KotoR version by Jan. 1.

February 1st, 2006 is the new release date, and will be the final release date it will not change again. Once again I'm very sorry, but hope you'll understand and I may add a few surprises (including a Darth Vader episode III hilt) to make up for it..:)

Happy New Year to all! :)
You obviously put a great deal of care and effort into your work. I for one, would rather wait for something you are happy with than a rush job.

I have been using your models for TSL since you posted them and they make the other sabers look like products of hasbro:)

You must have been a frequent visitor of http://thelightsaber.com) to get the details so right. Have you thought about reproducing the 'Dark Woman's saber?

Best wishes, and thank you for all the hard work, it continues to be appreciated.

Regards,
Tag
 MasterHoradion
03-05-2006, 4:43 AM
Hello @ all
I have some Probems with the Moviesabers.
I do as it stands in the read me,but as an other user i only get the grenade.
I have the USM mod also but when i use the cheats its not working.

I love all mods that i have now in Use they r all great.

So please i love the LS from Maul and Dooku,but they r not working:(

Help me please
 Writneth
08-02-2006, 11:26 PM
I know that the most updated version of this mod was at PCgamemods.com, but since they went belly up and I have now lost this file due to a hard drive error I was wondering if anyone had this mod on a site that I could download from or if someone could send me the most updated mod via e-mail. The one I downloaded from here did not allow me to create from workbench and was missing the katarn sabers that were described earlier in this forum thread.

Any help here would be most appreciated
Thanks
 RedHawke
08-03-2006, 12:27 AM
^^^^
Updated the old PCGM link to the Direct Download link in the first post, just under my red text edit... it downloads fine now. ;)

http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/17055/JW_MovieSaberMod.rar)

Link posted here too for the terminally lazy! :xp:
 bacara nate
08-03-2006, 5:40 AM
i am the same as the other guy(forgot his name) i just downloaded the new version , saved it into override folder started kotor2 and A-tried the giveitem cheat and then B- went to the workbench and tried to make it wot am i doing wroung is the whole world against me........... nothing works for me.......i cant even play kotor2 with the sound on because then the game doesnt work............... WAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAA:'( :(
 RC-1162
08-03-2006, 6:32 AM
wait a tick. didnt JW say that the K1 version was released on 1st Feb? may i have the link please?
 Writneth
08-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Redhawke, are you sure that this is the most up to date version? It still does not include the itemcreate.2da to be able to build at a workbench. Jedi_Knight_707, do you have a copy of the file that you helped JW out with to create at workbench?
 RedHawke
08-04-2006, 12:30 AM
Writneth, that was released seperately, and not part of the mod proper... the release thread is here in T.U.C.E. if I recall correctly. ;)

Edit: Yup, here it is. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=157079) You will need to PM the author and likely ask for the file.
 Writneth
08-04-2006, 1:19 AM
Thanks RedHawke
Page: 1 of 2