Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Movie Saber Mod

Page: 2 of 2
 kata_mad
08-06-2006, 4:52 AM
wait a tick. didnt JW say that the K1 version was released on 1st Feb? may i have the link please?

I don't think it ever got released I have been looking every now an again on PCGM but I never saw it.
 Mav
08-10-2006, 12:12 AM
---------------
maverick187 for his upgradable tut

I'm just glad somebody got use out of it, and I know I'm a little late, but awesome stuff.
 jedi 79
11-21-2006, 4:48 AM
Is there a way for this to be made to work for K1? If so, can someone send me the link for the K1 MovieSaberMod?

I have the one listed here that is for TSL, but would like to use it on K1.
 RedHawke
11-21-2006, 8:58 AM
Is there a way for this to be made to work for K1? If so, can someone send me the link for the K1 MovieSaberMod?
Unfortunately the model files are different between the two games so this mod wont work in K1. So this is a TSL only mod.
 jedi 79
11-21-2006, 9:32 AM
how would i create this same type of mod for K1?
all this mod lingo is "greek" to me. i have never played with mod files at this level. the most i've done is play with things on KOTOR EDITOR and found a way to bypass certain mods. but this is one that i need help with. i know there is a way to make this same mod, but make it for K1. i am just not sure how.
 RedHawke
11-21-2006, 9:57 AM
how would i create this same type of mod for K1?
all this mod lingo is "greek" to me. i have never played with mod files at this level. the most i've done is play with things on KOTOR EDITOR and found a way to bypass certain mods. but this is one that i need help with. i know there is a way to make this same mod, but make it for K1. i am just not sure how.
Well to do this you would have to re-create the sabers from scratch on your end with a modelling program like 3DsMax or GMax and basically re-make the whole mod yourself. Unless you are familiar with modelling you are in for a fair amount of learning, and doing a lot of this :headbump

All I can do is point you toward our Tutorial Forums, they are all near the top of Holowan Labs (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=324) proper they have links to the modding tools and, of course, tutorials. ;)

Unfortunately though since the maker of this mod hasn't been around for almost a year we modders can't mess with his mod for any sort of release without his permission.

Edit: I have had to delete a few of your posts as you basically posted on this topic in several threads in the Mod Requests forum, that is essentially spamming our forums, please only ask things in one place. Thanks.
 Achilles
11-21-2006, 12:33 PM
Unfortunately the model files are different between the two games so this mod wont work in K1. So this is a TSL only mod.FWIW, if you run the model through mdlops as a K1 model, you can rig it to replace K1 sabers. I've done it for personal-use mods. You do have to know how to work your way around a model but T7's tutorials include all the information that you need to make it work. Since we are discussing mods and not official content, I hope that I am not violating the forum rules. If so, my apologies in advance.
 jedi 79
11-21-2006, 1:33 PM
well i can tell you first hand, modding at this level is a little over my head. that's why i would need someone to send me a step by step tut on every move that i should make and when, so i don't screw it up. the tuts i've seen so far seem to skip around on doing things and it confuses the crap out of me.
 Shem
11-21-2006, 3:25 PM
FWIW, if you run the model through mdlops as a K1 model, you can rig it to replace K1 sabers. I've done it for personal-use mods. You do have to know how to work your way around a model but T7's tutorials include all the information that you need to make it work.Can this be done by "just" using mdlops? Is there a step by step tutorial on how to do this? I've been looking all over for a tutorial for converting K2 saber hilts into K1 hilts.

I also tried to do it with "just" mdlops and in one attempt I was able to convert the model, but the lightsaber blade disappears in some camera angles. :lol:
 Achilles
11-21-2006, 4:52 PM
Yep. Run the model through mdlops and select K1. Follow the 2nd half of T7's tutorial (which is a great rewrite of the tutorial included in mdlops). Voila. I only did it with sabers so I don't know if it will work for swords, masks, blasters, etc. The process wasn't any different from rigging a normal custom saber. The only part that doesn't have a tutorial (and really doesn't need one) is opening the K2 mdl in mdlops and building the ascii file for K1.
 jedi 79
11-21-2006, 6:45 PM
what i noticed is that the mdl files are only part of it. the problem is the txi , tga , and uti files that screw it up.

could you provide the link to t7's tut for mdlops?
 Achilles
11-21-2006, 9:33 PM
LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing > Holowan Laboratories > Skinning and Modeling > A-Z of Modeling a new Lightsaber

or link (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143805). Search is your friend :)
 jedi 79
11-22-2006, 7:25 AM
i still can't seem to get the hilt to work by just using the mdl and mdx files.
i know there has got to be more that has to be done with the tga, txi, and uti files.
those are the image files that allow the mdl and mdx files to work.
 Achilles
11-22-2006, 10:43 AM
T7's tutorial deals only with the models. IIRC, he prefaces his tutorial by stating that you will need to have a working knowledge of other apects of modding for it all to make sense in the end. There are a lot of other tutorials at your disposal. I would recommend familiarizing yourself with them. Most people will be more than willing to help you with specific questions if you can show that you are making an attempt to glean the information on your own. So read the tuts and feel free to ask questions and we will help you the best we can :)
 TLM20
04-25-2007, 6:21 PM
Sorry I realise I'm bumping what looks like an old thread but I'm having trouble with the mod. You say 25 hilts, well I can only get 6 hilts and the cheats don't work. I had to go to KSE and give the PC what I could find from there. When I opened the mod with 7zip it didn't even look nearly like 25 hilts.
 Shem
04-26-2007, 3:54 AM
Sorry I realise I'm bumping what looks like an old threadJust so you know, never appologize for bringing up old mod release threads. That is one thing that is okay to do here, especially since you do have a question.

but I'm having trouble with the mod. You say 25 hilts, well I can only get 6 hilts and the cheats don't work. I had to go to KSE and give the PC what I could find from there. When I opened the mod with 7zip it didn't even look nearly like 25 hilts.I never did have trouble making this mod work, but again I did edit it to my liking and even transfered some of the hilts to K1 so I can't really tell you how it worked from my experience by playing with it how it was released, but the way it is programed it seemed to have everything in order.
 TLM20
04-30-2007, 4:35 PM
Well that's weird, I downloaded it first from PCGM then I did it again from LucasFiles and I got all the hilts lol. Should have checked that before posting
 J3d1W4rr10r
10-20-2007, 5:17 AM
Well that's weird, I downloaded it first from PCGM then I did it again from LucasFiles and I got all the hilts lol. Should have checked that before posting

The PcGameMods one was the most up to date I believe, I made a mistake in the readme on the Lucas Files one and it caused alot of problems. I don't quite remember what happened as it was almost 2 years ago but a fixed version will be up on Shem's site if he'd clean out his PM box. :D

Now to explain as to why the K1 mod didn't come to fruition, as I feel I owe you guys because even reading this thread again makes me angry at myself. I had alot happen in January of 06, my dad had a stroke and I had ZERO time between being at the hospital and working alot of hours. By the time, things got better and I got around a computer again I rarely had time to mod the only thing I could really do is play a couple hours a week.

I got hooked on playing Star Wars Galaxies, and that ate up most of my limited computer time. By that time, the MSM mod felt like a burden more than an adventure like the TSL version. I didn't think it'd be fair for me to come back and give out a crappy mod that I didn't put my heart into.

Well, here I am back after on a whim deciding to log on and see if any of the old fossils (lol!) where still around. My time is still extremely limited, but I will be posting around a bit more but I don't think the K1 version will happen anytime soon. I think I still have the max models, so it isn't out of the question but not something I'm willing to commit to.

I do apologize for that, and if the right person comes along I'd be willing to let someone else do it. I wouldn't even mind maybe fixing some of the things that I can do a ton better now-a-days, its the whole getting them into the game process that has me sick to my stomach. I still have a passion for modeling, and I still may release a few hilts here and there.

May the schwartz be with you all!

-JW
/endrant :lsduel:
 JeffS417
07-23-2008, 4:03 PM
Is there anyway to port your great mod over to K1? Shem told me he did it and I would like to do it too! :P
 Marius Fett
07-23-2008, 4:09 PM
For info on how to port the saber models over, look here:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/info/SaberConvert)
 Inyri
07-23-2008, 4:30 PM
If there are any discrepancies with that tutorial you can let me know; I wrote it.
 JeffS417
07-23-2008, 5:19 PM
If there are any discrepancies with that tutorial you can let me know; I wrote it.

Hey, Inyri, if it is not too much then could you pleeeeeaaaaaase (please) convert J3d1W4rr10R's Movie Saber Mod to K1 and send me it via e-mail. I'll do ANYTHING and emphasis on the anything! :(
If you do, which I have doubt of, could you please send it to this MSN hotmail:
No email addresses, thanks. Use PM for sending that info instead. -RH
 Inyri
07-23-2008, 5:21 PM
I can't, sorry. I have no access to my computer right now so I can't really do anything but chat. My sister would killed me if I installed anything big on her laptop. I'm lucky she's even letting me use it.
 JeffS417
07-23-2008, 5:36 PM
I can't, sorry. I have no access to my computer right now so I can't really do anything but chat. My sister would killed me if I installed anything big on her laptop. I'm lucky she's even letting me use it.

LOL, cool. Dosen't matter then BTW you have some great mods.
 EnderWiggin
07-23-2008, 9:17 PM

And sometimes she can't even chat.
Makes for some confusing events when other members of the family have access to the chat room :D

BTW you have some great mods.

Very true.

_EW_
 evilhazardz
09-07-2012, 2:33 PM
I really didn't want to have to resort to this (reviving this thread) but I've searched for hours trying to get these hilts and after getting no answers from a post I made in the modding request section about a week ago I figure that this may be my only chance of getting them (Lucasfiles hasn't been working for the last 3-4 weeks, and me, being the idiot that I am ended up deleting them)

If anybody reads this and still has this mod, please PM me.
Page: 2 of 2