Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

My X-Wing Alliance Game Crashes!!!!!!HELP ME SOON

Page: 1 of 1
 JMC
11-11-2000, 9:24 PM
I have a great problem with my x-wing alliance and also i think with my shadows of the empire game.It didnt happen before but i dont know what the heck has happened to my PC that it now happens everytime.The problem is that when i load up a mission or play a skirmish i could play well lets say 30 seconds or less and then the game just freezes and i have to reboot.Ive tried defragmenting disk and checking windows and everything but i dont know if it is the Direct X or whatsoever.So if you can help me please answer me and ill be very grateful.
For aditional information my system setting is:
Celeron 366 MHZ
Ram:64 Megabytes
Sound Card:Sound Blaster Live X-Gamer
Video Card http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/biggrin.gifIamond) Viper 770 Ultra
MotherBoard:Abit BF6
Operating System:Windows 98
DVD Rom:6x(24X CD)
 Keyan Farlander
11-11-2000, 10:34 PM
Maybe try re-installing DirectX. (8 just came out - maybe try that.) Did you actually try to re-install Windows? That might help. Did you maybe change your video or sound card drivers?

------------------
Keyan Farlander

"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers."
- Bill Gates
 K_Kinnison
11-12-2000, 12:32 AM
okay.. here is a checklist

Check CD.. is it clean?
Does the CD-ROM work?
Have you updated all your drivers? vid card, cd-rom, sound card?
do you ahve diretX 8?

elts see what you got afterwords
 Rivers
11-24-2000, 12:10 PM
Hi I had the same problem. Actually I still have but it doesn't matter.
I think that the core of the problem lies somewhere amongh your VIDEOCARD drivers or settings. I have Voodoo 3 2000 and when I set the software video support the game stucks and I must reboot. Perhaps this is similar with your problem. When I set acceleration everything goes nicely. Try to play wit drivers and setting there. Good Luck.

Rivers.
 Thrawn
11-24-2000, 11:58 PM
Mess around with your video card settings inside and outside of the game.

------------------
You were expecting a creative sig?
ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn
Rogue 6
Page: 1 of 1