Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bot questions

Page: 1 of 1
 rut-wa jodar
11-01-2005, 6:53 AM
has anyone noticed bots repairing ship sub-systems on space maps ? I have tried to command them but without success. I have also yet to see Bot heroes in conquest mode too.
 Kurgan
11-01-2005, 8:32 AM
I don't know about the full version, but in the beta I don't think I ever saw any bots repairing anything. You could order repairs, but I don't know if they ever did anything (though they would often toss ammo/health on request).

The bots couldn't use heroes, though they could use the other "unlockable" units right away, unlike human players.

As to the full version, you've got me, I don't have the game yet.
 rut-wa jodar
11-01-2005, 9:37 AM
The strange thing is, bots can be heroes in assault mode on Mos Eisely map.
:confused:
 Kurgan
11-01-2005, 9:39 AM
Well that's something new.

Frankly I wouldn't have a problem if the bots are doing well enough to meet the "hero" requirements for the particular server. The only problem would be if a human wanted to be a hero but got "shut out" by a bot. I guess then it's a toss up between having the server let humans simply "overwrite" a bot's awards or just making the humans work that much harder. ;)

"Assault Mode" ? You mean there's heroes on a Space Map? Interesting... I would have thought that would be unbalanced!
 rut-wa jodar
11-01-2005, 9:41 AM
Mos Eisley isn`t a space map but it does have assault mode.

BTW ! XL mode is pretty impressive, it allows MASSIVE amounts of bots to cause chaos. :mob:
 rut-wa jodar
11-01-2005, 12:00 PM
****UPDATE****

I can confirm that the XBOX version supports Bot heroes in singleplayer conquest,where as the PC version does not.
 Kurgan
11-01-2005, 2:11 PM
That's a shame (since it's not likely modders will remedy this situation)! Heroes were some of the more useful bonuses in GC mode. :P

Mos Eisley isn`t a space map but it does have assault mode.

BTW ! XL mode is pretty impressive, it allows MASSIVE amounts of bots to cause chaos. :mob:

Guess I'm a bit confused about game modes on the PC version then. I know about the following:

Assault (Space Maps where the goal is to destroy all the objectives of the other team and then get a certain number of kills on them)

1 Flag CTF (playable on Space Maps or ground maps.. grab the flag and place it in the capture area to score)

2 Flag CTF (just like in all other FPS games)

And I thought you could actually "win" any of the CTF modes by depleting the enemy team, but such a thing was much more difficult than winning via captures, so it rarely happened.

Conquest (the standard game mode just like SWBF1 with ground maps... capture all the control points for a certain period of time or deplete their team to win)

"Celebrity Deathmatch" (A bonus mode that's just a team deathmatch, wherein every unit you can select is a Hero)

Hunt Mode I'm not entirely clear on. You have one person or team be the "hunted" (like Ewoks or whatever) and the other team (or person) try to kill them.

So what is "Assault" like on ground maps?
 rut-wa jodar
11-01-2005, 2:18 PM
Mos Eisley "assault" is just a deathmatch mode for heroes only
 Kurgan
11-01-2005, 7:33 PM
Okay, so "Celebrity Deathmatch" is just a slang name for it.

"Mos Eisley Assault" is actually it's own game mode... the only deathmatch in SWBF2?
 MandaloreBIC
11-02-2005, 12:42 AM
yes it's the only map playable with hero ffa! (aka. celebeity deathmatch, aka. assault)
but you can conciveably edit the files so that you can play hero ffa on other maps..... (eg. say.... yavin)
and you can play normal conquest and ctf games in mos eisley too, so it should't be conted as a hero assault map only....
 rut-wa jodar
11-02-2005, 3:12 AM
so we know that hero bots are in, but why have Pandemic left them out of conquest mode on the pc but not the console ?
 MandaloreBIC
11-02-2005, 10:28 PM
my guess is that more ppl play on the PC for swbf2 (duh!!!!).... wait scratch that!!! i got a better idea!
better idea: becsaue it's a unlockable!!! you need to pay for it!!! (eg. in credits in the conquest mode) so after spending all the hard won credits you would't want bots to steal the hero that you rightly earned!!! right/!?!?!??!?!?!?! (me say yes.. =))
 MachineCult
11-03-2005, 8:32 AM
Mos Eisley Assault mode is Celebrity Deathmatch mode.
Hunt is the same as Mos Eisley assault mode, but not with the heroes, with normal units (and natives).
 rut-wa jodar
11-03-2005, 8:48 AM
my guess is that more ppl play on the PC for swbf2 (duh!!!!).... wait scratch that!!! i got a better idea!
better idea: becsaue it's a unlockable!!! you need to pay for it!!! (eg. in credits in the conquest mode) so after spending all the hard won credits you would't want bots to steal the hero that you rightly earned!!! right/!?!?!??!?!?!?! (me say yes.. =))

I understand what you`re saying but heroes can be unlocked via timer or points, and I assume that human players get first refusal of using heroes.

BTW! don`t you think that not allowing bot heroes for opposing team in singleplayer, unbalances the game ?
 MachineCult
11-03-2005, 8:52 AM
I've def. noticed the bots repairing those darned auto turrets in the ceilings, you think you've destroyed them, go out to get more rockets and get blown away.
Page: 1 of 1