Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Does anyone have any suspisions about what will happen in the last game?

Page: 2 of 3
 Clone L68362
10-25-2005, 6:43 PM
To what you said Rob, items will be easy, they can give you some plain Jedi master robes and a lightsaber and you can customize a little. Depending on what feats you pick (you should get like 15-20 feats when you make him) you will be able to pick certain crystals. For example, if you get all three levels of the lightsaber attack feats, you can use the really powerful crystals, but if you decide to pick up other things, you only gte to use some crummy crystals. As for the alighnment, it would be easy enough to either make it so the story happened one way, then have the game let you do the usual thing where the way you act affects the alignment, or the second, you pick at the menu Revan light side, Revan dark side, Exile light, Exile dark, whatever. I'm telling you, it can be done :)
 RobQel-Droma
10-25-2005, 6:56 PM
So you pretty much make a super character with all these feats, and get certain items that you probably didn't get in K1, and lose some of the items in K1. Items would not be easy, come on. So you get a lightsaber, a Jedi Master robe, and a few items that the game chooses by itself. That would take away the part of making your own character. You would get a character that has already gotten feats and items, without having to buy them or gain experience. It would take away the first part of the game where you are trying to stay alive, and don't have that many items.

Not to mention that you lose the whole part of the game where you choose your alignment. One of the cool things about KotOR is that you can make your own choices, and decide whether you are light or dark. Choosing it at the beginning would take away that. Does it make him LS or DS mastery, or would it just pick a spot in the middle?

And the questions that you didn't answer: What would they do with the huge gap from K1 to K3? How are they going to fill you in on what happened? Where would be the storyline? "Ok, I am this super Jedi, I got all these items for free and I am going to go kill the Sith."

It just isn't going to work, it would be a big change. Instead of having to work for stuff and skills/feats, you get it at the beginnning by choosing all these different feats. Where would be the challenge? And where would be the discovery of your character, the "blank sheet" for that game? We have already played Revan, we have already discovered his secrets, we have figured out that he was a Dark Lord once.
 Clone L68362
10-25-2005, 7:45 PM
You wouldn't get the best items ever in the game. Just a slightly customized lightsaber and a Jedi Robe. You'd still find way better stuff. As for being to powerful, having too many feats at the start, too much, VP, FP, you're gonna need it to take on these Sith. We're talkin the Sith buried on Korriban, the ones Kreia said would kill you easily. Or, maybe you can start out as a entirely new class? Something way more powerful than the Guardian/Sentinel/Consular and WM/SM/Watchman...you get it.

Know how each class has certain stats? For example the Guardian is 10 in VP, but a 4 in FP, and the Consular is a 6 in VP and a 10 in FP?

Well, these new classes would be something like:
New class#1: 10 VP, 6 FP, 8 Skills, 4 Feats
#2: 8 VP, 8 FP, 4 Skills, 6 Feats

Something like this, where they're better than all the classes we've seen. But you don't start at level 20, you start off as level one of these classes. The whole idea is basically you're stronger than other Jedi, but the Sith are stronger than you. Say at level 1 you have 120 VP. 120 VP for, oh I dunno, the Jedi Savior is like 240 VP for a Guardian. So, when a Sith hits you in the beginning area, he does crap loads of damage. What I'm trying to say is the numbers make you look like you haven't lost your power, your force points, anything, but the difficulty makes it seems just as if you had 12 VP.

Now, as for alignment, I guess I worded it badly. At the main menu, you choose if you want to be Revan as a light side dude or dark side. Then, as you fight the Sith, the temptation is hard to resist, I mean, he went dark side before, he might decide it was the best choice. So you can choose to start off light side and fall to the dark side, or vice versa.

As for the huge gap, the galaxy kinda big. I'm sure Revan could spend five years roaming it. And lastly, why would we need to discover something about Revan? Yeah, he's a badass former Sith lord, that we know, but do we know anything else? Where he was born? That's what we can learn about the character.

Keep em coming, I can do this all day. :D
 RobQel-Droma
10-26-2005, 12:43 AM
It still doesn't do with the alignment, I understood what you said. Ok, I know you pick it, but what about ingame? There would be no more choosing, because you are already light or dark. Ok, you would choose, but it wouldn't be the same. And I am sure there are lots of people who don't want to find out Revans birth certificate and medical records. There is no revelation to learn about him; What, are we going to find out that- oh no! He is the son of the Sith!

You never adressed also about the gap. What I was saying, was, he would probably be looking for whatever it is he was looking for, and would have more than five years to do it, so he would be fighting enemys, and getting items, and discovering things. No way to find out what he has been doing.

Ok, so you start out really advanced but you are level one of an advanced class. What about your party members? Are they going to be super advanced, or are they going to be regular? If they are regular, it is likely they are going to be slaughtered by the enemy, and if they are advanced you get to do the exciting thing of choosing tons of these feats and skills for them. And I guess this is going to be assuming you are always in the Unknown Regions, becuase otherwise you could go back and kill about ten Sith with one attack.
 Clone L68362
10-26-2005, 12:57 AM
Yeah, I was gonna touch on party members. They could be regular in terms of power, but up the VP to like....50 or so at first level. I mean, 12 VP on the Endar Spire was enough, but when you could reach 200+ , 12 Vp is like the health of a baby, it's not a realistic amount of endurance for an adult. So, stead of a Scoundrel type character having 12 VP at first level, they'd have more like 60. And if that's not enough, it's perfect for you to try and take responsibility for their safety.

Say the situation is there's two Sith guys, and you have a Scoundrel in the party with 75 VP. You start fighting one Sith guy while the other heads to the Scoundrel. Sith guy does 30 dmg on first hit so, you realize you need to help him. And if that's an inconvenience, which it shouldn't be, once your companions get stronger you won't have to worry about them that much, just an occasional heal, keep fighting.

And that gap? I dunno how to answer. We know he goes to the Unknown Regions to fight the real Sith Empire. It's not up to me to make the story, but I bet it would be explained why it took 5 years. If not, it's not that big a deal. Pretend it was 2 years. I dunno.

As for alignment, if you don't like starting off a certain alignment, I can't really do anything. It is a little stretch, but maybe if say you start Light side and stay Light side, you get a reward at the end of the game? And if you're Dark Side stay Dark side you unlock "Rule the Galaxy mode" where you kill whoever ya want, blow up planets, whatever your dark little hear wants.
 RobQel-Droma
10-26-2005, 10:18 AM
I still don't like the idea. You are some super Jedi, yet they have so you are really vulnerable at the beginning, because you will be going up against the real Sith, which will make you seem weaker. And you keep saying five years; It is morethan five years, five years plus the gap between K2 and K3. The alignment thing, I just think that that takes away from starting of grey, and then choosing whether you are good or evil - you just decide at the beginning. It would feel like an expansion pack of Revan. And then you have super party members, who must be past the prestiege class, and who just have a ton of VP. If that is all they have though, as you said, it is going to be a problem. VP just means it takes longer for a Sith to kill you; If so, they would just stay there for a while, but eventually get slaughtered since their attacks and everything are still primitive.
 Clone L68362
10-26-2005, 11:24 AM
Hmmm...well...I think I've explained my ideas. Oh well. Let's just end it with I think Revan can show up in one more game, you don't. Though, to tell the truth, I doubt we will play as Revan in K3, because I doubt they would spend as much time as I did trying to explain how it could work. At the very least I want Revan to play a good sized chunk of the story/make an appearance.

One last thing, the gap you keep talking about, we don't know how long after K2 K3 will take place. Heck, it might even take place between 1 and 2 to tell us what happened in those five years.
 JediMaster12
11-10-2005, 4:31 PM
One last thing, the gap you keep talking about, we don't know how long after K2 K3 will take place. Heck, it might even take place between 1 and 2 to tell us what happened in those five years.

Got a point there

"Your senses betray you, as you betrayed me." :lightning
 RobQel-Droma
11-10-2005, 7:01 PM
Maybe, but at the same time that would either mean the the Exile would no longer be there, and Traya would, or that five or less years would go by in a few hours.
 Axe Windu
11-10-2005, 9:22 PM
Ok Revan in the game in his Robes... but I dont think you should ever get to actually talk to him just see visions of him or something. Maybe fight with him something.

Bastilla should be in it... she was in the last game no matter what you chose so she should be in this game too. Dark or Light I dunno.

Carth should die heading a republic fleet into battle with the true sith... or you should rescue him and he shoudl rejion your party.

Canderous should also die in battle or you meet him on dxun or something. He shouldnt be in your party though.

HK and T3 Should be in your party

Kreia should stay dead... the only way she should come back is if she is a force ghost guiding the exile.

The exile has to die or be seldome mentioned. There are too many variables. What if you started out as the exile? Yah know kinda liek the Matrix the first movie was awesome and stand alone but left room for a sequal where the second two were like one giant movie cut in half. I could see your starting on the... wait no thats stupid that means same party members and thats dumb. Unless like half of them died thatd be cool. So yeah no exile or seldom mentioned.

No Handmaiden or Desciple

Baodur would be cool as an appearence

Jolee in a holovid

No Juhani, Big Z, or Mission lets assume they all died at that temple or on the beach. I know that was the funnest part of the game for me and Im sure it was for many others as well. I was very pissed when Carth ran away I wanted to force choke him to death.

Visas is very very doable. Whether she was light or dark she looked the same.

No Goto unless your dealing with the crime boss which would be a nice little after thought. Kinda like killing dooku in ep3... yah know tying up loose ends.

No Mira, Hanharr

Id like to see Atton... at the Exiles side maybe. Like you see a vision of him fighting or something. With a purple sabor as to not know if he is light or dark.

And thats like it.
 RobQel-Droma
11-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Bastilla should be in it....... HK and T3 Should be in your party..... Kreia should stay dead...... No Handmaiden or Desciple...... Canderous should also die in battle or you meet him on dxun or something. He shouldnt be in your party though.

Yes, Bastila should be your Jedi Master. Or a Jedi Master. HK and T3 should definitely stay, although perhaps an option to get evil droids for a DS character. Kreia should definitely stay dead. I thought actually that Disciple and/or Handmaiden should maybe should start a Jedi Enclave on Telos or something. And Canderous as a party member. I just personally feel that he is kind of like HK and T3, a bit of a lasting party member.

Jolee in a holovid

Actually I was more thinking along the lines of force ghost. He would make a perfect one; A reluctant grouchy old geezer who decides to mentor you as a grey Jedi. He would probably be dead: Either by a DS Revan, or by old age.

No Juhani, Big Z, or Mission lets assume they all died at that temple or on the beach.

I so want to see Mission... But I doubt she will be there, for the reason you pointed out. Not really that important enough of a character to try and make a reappearance. Well, she was important, but not AS important.

...lets assume they all died at that temple or on the beach. I know that was the funnest part of the game for me and Im sure it was for many others as well. I was very pissed when Carth ran away I wanted to force choke him to death.

I knew you played as a DS evil character, I just knew it. It was so sad on my game... I decided to take my LS mastery character and save right before the fight, just so I could try out what is was like for DS characters on the Star Forge... It was heartbreaking *sniff* when you just have to *sniff* kill Mission, Jolee, and Juhani...:ball:

As for me - LS mastery all the way! :D
 Revan Skywalker
12-22-2005, 1:13 PM
What if they redo TSL? Obisidian didn't have enough time to do it, so they can do it again and go with the original story they had with enough time. To see the story, go to team-gizka.org.
 Sith_Reven
12-22-2005, 2:32 PM
I think they should bring all the party members together and some would get eradicated along the way in the story. I am not clear, is the new character we will have going to be revan, the exile or a new player. Sorry, I have been away from the forums for some time.
 RobQel-Droma
12-22-2005, 2:37 PM
Welcome to the Forums, Sith_Reven!!!

RS, I am waiting for the TSL Restoration Project too, along with the M4-78 planet- I am betting that TSL is going to be even better than K1 with them. However, I don't think that K3 is going to be made based on what Team-Gizka is doing or on what Obsidian intended for it. I think they are just going to go with what the game itself is like.
 Revan Skywalker
12-22-2005, 2:49 PM
Maybe Obisidian will reod TSL because they didn't have enough time to make it good.
 RobQel-Droma
12-22-2005, 4:50 PM
Unfortunately, as I said, I seriously doubt it.
 Revan Skywalker
12-22-2005, 6:00 PM
It is kind of wild hope, but at least I have it. No offense if it sounds like I meant offense.
 HQ|Delta 07
12-22-2005, 6:54 PM
Hi @ All. im new to the forums :)

So many people say "No way that there will be Revan". I ask: why not? Kreia said Revan is the only hope to the Galaxy(i saw that in a sig of a user;))

Well, if revan is dead, then the Galaxy would be under the control of the "true"Sith. So i'm very sure that revan will be in K3. I don't konw in what Role, but he will be. The player should decide, what gender revan is, and what ending you played in k1.

Bastila: Yeah i agree with rob. She will be in;)

HK and T3: he lovely droids. I don't know why, but i'm pretty sure that they will play a role in K3. It doesn't matter whether an important role or not.

I like the theory that you could see Jolee as holovid or a force ghost. Can someone tell me what Juhani and Jolee did after K1?:D maybe we'll also see Juhani as a ghost or a vid.

I would like to know if we'll only fight sith in the unknown regions or maybe(i hope so:D)new enemy's?

So far

Oh and I'm sorry for spelling mistakes. I'm from germany. I'm not from a english speaking country.;) :urpdude:
 Revan Skywalker
12-22-2005, 7:33 PM
I agree with you, newcomer! Welcome to the forums.
 JediMaster12
01-19-2006, 4:07 PM
Aye and I've mentioned before that I sense our adventure in KOTOR III will take place in the Unknown regions. There is going to be a war just like the war Kreia warns us about and it will have the potential to send repercussions across the galaxy or save the Republic. The fate of the galaxy will rest in the hands of a young pilot maybe of the Republic fleet.
 Jeremia Skywalk
01-23-2006, 12:50 PM
I say make it like tsl- you know stuff about revan and exile, but you never realy cross them in game. I realy do not think that anyone who develops the game would like to think three days in row just to think of how to include your previous characters in game. only logical thing is tr-m4 and hk-47, as they can get a memory wipe and be whole fresh again, or just save masters secrets, but anyways YOU CANNOT(!) be revan (if u cannot spell it you shouldn't even think of it) i mean come on no matter how much u want it it's impssible. Unless Revan loses his memory (again) and exile gets cut off the force (again) and they are off to fix a hole in the force created by star forge[2] (sorry for taking some other people's ideas (they all were as sarcastic as this))
 D.J.
01-23-2006, 3:34 PM
(if u cannot spell it you shouldn't even think of it)
?!
What's your problem with spelling, this is public forum.

Well, you all don't have to agree with me, but I think that this idea about new ex-jadi, new whoever, is dull. I mean, going through all this story again, with some new dude... Again?! This whole story is about Revan, so I guess it would be ok to play as Revan in K3, and I don't think it's impossible. I mean, he/she is the only one left (except Exile) able to fight the true sith. Exile is ok too.
All together, I think it would be ok to see maybe both Revan and Exile, in, let's say Unknown regions, if possible, and finally give this story normal continuation. If you get another amnestic-like guy, the story will only go further away from what it was in the beggining. Even if you do find out eventually what happend to Revan (and possibly Exile), it's still not sooooo good as it would be if you get to "do battle at the end of all things".
And, I am not going to accept the idea that Revan is dead. If they make K3 like that, I'm not playing it.

And, I think you can be Revan or Exile. Why not? Why not simply choose if you're male/female, LS/DS .. or even start from the level 20. According to TSL, these sith are waaaay bad guys. :)
 The Source
01-23-2006, 4:29 PM
Hopefully, we have seen the end of the Exile. What a weak idea. Obviously they will end Revan's story.

Characters that will return:
HK
T3
Revan (Obvious)
Bastila

Anything more will make the game look like an expansion pack.

Planets returning:
Dantooine
Yavin IV

I can actually see some type of sidequest on Yavin IV. Maybe an endgame moment, or it has a very important element that is important to the story.

Any other planet will be just repeating the process. Even though I am tired of Dantooine, I think it will be back in some form.

You will start off as a Padawan, and your journey will be to determine what Revan was out to obtain. I think Revan will end up being a Sith Lord, and you will have to confront him/her.

If Obsidian gets the job, there will be no dramatic reveltion. If BioWare gets the job, there will be a cool twist.

Besides that: the sky is the limit...
 JediMaster12
01-24-2006, 2:19 PM
I sense that the Unknown Regions is the battleground and the Outer Rim the staging ground for the ultimate battle, the one that will decide the fate of the Republic, which will fall 4,000 years later.
 Marick
01-24-2006, 3:28 PM
im with u too 100 percent :twogun:
 Clone L68362
01-24-2006, 4:23 PM
Looking back on my explanation of how playing as Revan would work, I think I have a better idea. How bout around the time in the game when you should be level 20, there's an event going on that you need Revan to take part in (like some bad evil Sith guy) and he becomes a main charcter? He/she would have to be in DS/LS Revan robes. Like Mandalore, you can't take em off. Genius or what?
 kotorfan84
01-24-2006, 5:44 PM
I think the exile should be on the jedi council and send the new NPC (who is the padawan to him/her) to look for Revan.

Because of the exile's unique connection with the force, I actually believe he will do what he can to jumpstart the jedi order then return to exile.
 D.J.
01-24-2006, 5:50 PM
Looking back on my explanation of how playing as Revan would work, I think I have a better idea. How bout around the time in the game when you should be level 20, there's an event going on that you need Revan to take part in (like some bad evil Sith guy) and he becomes a main charcter? He/she would have to be in DS/LS Revan robes. Like Mandalore, you can't take em off. Genius or what?

Clever idea :D
 JediMaster12
01-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Welcome Marick!

sorry, rob, i have to agree with achilles here. i don't think revan is going to survive into k3. it makes more sense for the story for him/her not to, especially given the foreshadowing in k2 (as achilles mentioned). even just his/her appearance in ludo kressh's tomb is a pretty good intimation of revan's fate, imo.

But also remember that Kreia said the Exile was confronting things from the past. When you first go into that place where you battle Revan, there is a shadow of the PC standing behind Revan.

Rob if I had a cookie, I'd give it to you to wager.
 Vaelastraz
01-25-2006, 2:06 PM
After now i've read through the entire tread i really hope there won't be a Kotor III.. Achilles and Rob stated so many things which make me think that Kotor III will somehow dissappoint me.

One of Kotor I's greatest features is the greatest issue in the sequels...
that you can choose your gender and alignment!

Kotor II got a nice open ending.. if they are gonna make Kotor III i would like to see a canonical Revan and Exile.
The other options would be a Kotor lets say 40 years after TSL.. with a new story, new setting, the republic still exists, the true sith are defeated, maybe some chronits tell you hints about Revan's and the Exile's fate.
personally rather than having revan dead i would prefer to have him lost.. he could have gone to Yavin 4 and "conservated" his essence there so someday he can return ^^^

[X] for a Kotor III 40 years after TSL
 JediMaster12
01-25-2006, 6:49 PM
But then that would leave open details about the journey. I just remembered something however: Only the journey is written, not the destnation. I guess what I'm trying to say that there has to be an ending to the Revan story. The only way to get to the destination is through the journey.
 TheGreenGoblin
01-25-2006, 8:16 PM
I REALLY wouldn't be happy if Revan died off-screen. If he has to die, I'd rather see it, I'd rather it have a point and a meaning behind it. I imagine many feel the same. As for his appearence, stick him in a cloak and hood and he'll be fine.
 JediMaster12
01-26-2006, 10:43 AM
If the Exile is to be in it, how would you dress him? I would think the same thing would apply if he were to make an appearance. Maybe in Jedi robes with the hood up? That would work.
 davey_wall
01-26-2006, 8:03 PM
I personally dont care who is in it or what we are doing in the game. ever since i beat the TSL i have been craving this game. Oh yeah T3 and the Hawk are definitly making a return.
 Clone L68362
01-26-2006, 10:02 PM
I also thought at some point in the game, maybe T3 should "die" so to speak. I was thinking, he's kinda old, and he's bound to be more banged up by K3, how much longer will he go? I'd like to see Revan meet up with him and do the honors though...maybe it shows Revan through T3's...eye, and Revan pats him on the head and then shuts him down, and the screen goes dark. Sad I know, but I think it's a touching, nice little scene.

M i rite?
 i like cheese
01-27-2006, 12:30 AM
T3 will be the savior of K3
 JediMaster12
01-27-2006, 11:20 AM
How can that be? Will he beepdobeep the True Sith to death? All I'm saying is that yes he has a part left to play, he, in a sense, knows what happened to Revan and may be the key to finding him.
@ Clone L68362: What do you mean having T3 die? Believe it or not a droid, especially astromechs are quite hardy. Look at R2-D2, he lived through Naboo till all the way to the Joiner King in EU. It was even mentioned in TSL that droids are more resilient than humans. Maybe I should make you an astromech so you can see what I mean. :)
 Clone L68362
01-27-2006, 5:33 PM
Ok...just thought about possibly making room for another party member and a Oscar winning moment at the same time, maybe not. T3 > All.

But what about my idea for Revan towards the end of page 2 people? Is that genius or what?
 Darth InSidious
01-27-2006, 5:59 PM
WHAT?!?!?! That's going to happen!?

[Darth Vader] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/Darth Vader]

I wholeheartedly concur!

I hate to point it out to you all, but by rights, Bastila should not have returned for certain in TSL anyhow.

Revan *has* to be a main character, personally I wld like him to be the PC. Quite simply, a resolution is needed to this story arc, then we move on to a new story arc.
 JediMaster12
01-27-2006, 6:08 PM
@ Clone L68362: Yes that is a good idea. My question is is how would the problem of what Revan looks like be solved? How about this and I think I mentioned it before, LS wearing Jedi Robes with hood up and if DS wears robes when he was Darth Revan in KOTOR. Would that work?
 RobQel-Droma
01-27-2006, 6:30 PM
If you are talking about Revan's appearance, why not just have your character choose a face in-game or in one of the menus? Or, JediMaster12, like you suggested, have him wearing Revan's robes if DS (those black ones he wears in cutscenes)- but, instead of hood-up Jedi Robes for LS, wears the Star Forge Robes? (Same as Revan's robe but tan-colored)

Ok, here is a story idea I had. Kind of short since I didn't work out many details, but here is an overview. How about this: In short, both the Jedi Council and the Sith are hunting you. Both because they think you are a threat. The Jedi refuse to believe that the Sith have returned, and that the Exile is trying to save the Jedi (perhaps he really isn't, if DS). You have been trained, but only a little by one of Exile's crew, and then Bastila (if alive), before the Jedi turn on you.

For a reason for them turning on you, perhaps Revan could go into the Unknown Regions and rediscover old True Sith temples. The True Sith will not actually be an enemy by the way- you will just find evidence of them, and their cities. You seem to have the ability to unleash the power that Revan found in these places, or to find it. Therefore, the Jedi Council is trying to destroy you in fear.

I realize it has a ton of plot holes, and hardly any real detail, but what do you think as a general outline?
 Clone L68362
01-27-2006, 7:36 PM
I thought I said that...as a party member (I don't think he would take over as PC) he would be restricted to a LS or DS version of his robes, like Mandalore always wore his suit so you couldn't tell who it was.

EDIT: I did say that, so I'll add on. Rob has the right idea, I was thinking of Revan's LS robes being like the Star Forge texture in RedHawkes Revan The White mod thingy...as for your idea for the story, I guess that wouldn't be too bad.
 Darth Plagueis
01-27-2006, 10:46 PM
i think you should be a new padawan sent to find revan but more than 4 planets not like kotor 1 and 2.and when u find him u either team up and destroy the true sith or defeat revan and take control of the true sith.
 Vaelastraz
01-28-2006, 12:31 PM
If you are talking about Revan's appearance, why not just have your character choose a face in-game or in one of the menus? Or, JediMaster12, like you suggested, have him wearing Revan's robes if DS (those black ones he wears in cutscenes)- but, instead of hood-up Jedi Robes for LS, wears the Star Forge Robes? (Same as Revan's robe but tan-colored)

Ok, here is a story idea I had. Kind of short since I didn't work out many details, but here is an overview. How about this: In short, both the Jedi Council and the Sith are hunting you. Both because they think you are a threat. The Jedi refuse to believe that the Sith have returned, and that the Exile is trying to save the Jedi (perhaps he really isn't, if DS). You have been trained, but only a little by one of Exile's crew, and then Bastila (if alive), before the Jedi turn on you.

For a reason for them turning on you, perhaps Revan could go into the Unknown Regions and rediscover old True Sith temples. The True Sith will not actually be an enemy by the way- you will just find evidence of them, and their cities. You seem to have the ability to unleash the power that Revan found in these places, or to find it. Therefore, the Jedi Council is trying to destroy you in fear.

I realize it has a ton of plot holes, and hardly any real detail, but what do you think as a general outline?

Sounds nice to me! The only problem i see is that there is no jedi council after TSL (i always found it hard to believe that 3 jedi masters devided to rather unimportant worlds are the jedi council.. there has to be more)
I really like your idea that the so called "True Sith" are not an actual enemy!
After all iam not all that excited about that now-we-go-and-finally-fight-the-real-enemy. A story about betrayal, misunderstandings and things like that is more interesting than a great war against a superior race imo.

And actually the idea that you choose the Exile's and Revan's appearance right at the start of the game (with some kind of menu) is good! This way they can be in the game without complaining that Revan isnt /male/female/asian/etc.
I dont really care if that is settled via menu or dialog.
 lonepadawan
01-28-2006, 8:41 PM
The whole choose the apearance of the two previous PC's is quite a daft idea.

Personally I say ditch the exile, he has no real relevance to Reven's story. If you must see Revan at all I say go with the hooded robe thing and don't see his/her face. A quick DS/ls/gender quiz at the begining should be fine... would also establish which character encounters could be triggered. Encounters should only really be cameoes on non-party members.

I say having Revan die ofscreen would be fine. His fate should be a mystery which you must solve. Finding a tomb or somthing would be interesting.
 RobQel-Droma
01-28-2006, 10:00 PM
^I'm not quite sure where you got the idea that the Exile has no referance to Revan's story... And since when is it all about Revan? He is very prominent, but why is it all centered around him?

BTW, it is quite a "daft" idea to "ditch the Exile" like he never even existed. Please... :rolleyes: What, the devs are just going to act like TSL was never made, or had nothing to do with the series?

The only problem i see is that there is no jedi council after TSL

Well, they'd get some new ones. I was figuring that there would at least be two councils, the Coruscant High Council, and the Telos Academy Council. Briana would be a Council Member (on Telos), maybe Bastila (Coruscant) if alive.

You could create some others; Including a Yoda-guy, you have to have one of them in K3. :) Off-topic, did Zhar for sure die? Because he might be another choice.
 Clone L68362
01-28-2006, 10:28 PM
I'm willing to bet he did. Vrook survived, Vandar either dies if DS, and I think he dies on Katarr so he's out for sure, Dorak was never mentioned again so it's safe to assume he died on Dantooine, so that's 2 that die one that lives, it's more likely he didn't survive the Dantooine bombing either.
 Aleggy
01-29-2006, 8:30 AM
ok the end of tsl had a 'to be continued' feel about it so imo there is a possibility that you'll be playing as the exile again wich will upset the people wanting to play as revan but imo if you are the exile i suspect revan in a hood'n'mask will be a npc and gender will be decided via an early discussion

now saying that choosing your face for the character in k1&2 as a 'daft' idea is like saying having a game with different endings depending if you choose to go ls or ds is a 'daft' idea

the whole kotor experience is about making choices and the outcome of those choices the only snag is when making a sequal it makes it difficult to inlude previous characters

but that doesnt make it 'daft' imo

now i believe that you will not be exile or revan and you will only get to hear about them but not see them if kotor was to stick to its current method you will be some random new jedi who has to start from scratch woth force powers and will have to wait a bit for his/her lightsabre and you will somehow have access to the ship ebon hawke and the 2 droids t3 and hk and naturally there will be some sith assasins throughout the game you will have to kill and some sith masters aswell and you have the choice of destroying the sith or taking them over add a few side missions some pazaak and swoop racing and you have a game that will take 35hrs+ to complete
 Phaedra36
01-30-2006, 2:33 AM
So many people would be pissed if Revan was not apart of the last game. Definitely Revan and the Exile, hands down. That was their fate, at the beginning of the character customization screen you should have to be asked certain alignment choices, face model, and job. Then the game could automatically do the rest. I would want a lot of the notable Kotor I and II characters to be in there to fix a lot of loopholes. I mean, TSL is a just a fan-based mod so Atton and others do have the possiblity of returning in the 3rd one.
Like I stated before in previous threads, people that I would like to see be there are...
Carth, Bastila, Atton (find out his true name perhaps?), Bao-Dur, Visas, and the droids. I think in the 3rd one we will finally see why the droid electrocuted HK-47 because he wanted to find out where the Ebon Hawk had been and why it was voice-locked btw.As for appearances, Jolee and the Disciple should make an appearance if a new Jedi Council is being made, but I don't think they should be party member characters. They seem the ones less for adventure anyway. Handmaiden is up in the air for me because I never played w/ her yet.
Peronally, I just think that the Disciple and Handmaiden didn't seem that important because they never got established names.
 jedijones
01-30-2006, 4:48 AM
I'd like to see Bastila, Juhani and Jolee returning to train Atton, Mira, Bao Dur,
Handmaiden, Disciple and possibly Visas. Bastila and Atton as Master and Padawan would rock!
Page: 2 of 3