Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

FORCE THROW should who want this power included

Page: 1 of 1
 Windu Chi
10-19-2005, 8:16 PM
I want to know if you fans out there that want an ultimate Jedi experience or just a pathetic simple should not included jedi option experience.force throw: ability to throw objects and and people with the force.
 KTR
10-19-2005, 8:33 PM
What you want to know and you poll are two differnent things! You should ask do people want jedis or not. Well you can throw you light saber, but i dont see any objects that yoc can throw.
 Windu Chi
10-20-2005, 12:04 AM
What you want to know and you poll are two differnent things! You should ask do people want jedis or not. Well you can throw you light saber, but i dont see any objects that yoc can throw. well you all out there herd that it will be a complete STAR WARS experience SO IT BETTER BE!
 KTR
10-20-2005, 12:17 AM
"There is nothing called complete when it comes to video games" - Yoda ;)
 Windu Chi
10-20-2005, 12:37 AM
"There is nothing called complete when it comes to video games" - Yoda ;) Will you be pistoff if they don't give the complete Stars War experience in this most anticipated game by all Star Wars fans.
 Kurgan
10-20-2005, 12:39 AM
You can pull bodies, but only as Yoda, apparently.

The question would be, how would the power be implemented, if it were like Vader in ESB?

In Jedi Knight, they accomplished this by littering most of the levels with debris and boxes, that would then fly towards your enemy when you used the power, to cause damage. Would you need to do the same in this game? After all, we don't have destructable architecture...
 Windu Chi
10-20-2005, 1:11 AM
You can pull bodies, but only as Yoda, apparently.

The question would be, how would the power be implemented, if it were like Vader in ESB?

In Jedi Knight, they accomplished this by littering most of the levels with debris and boxes, that would then fly towards your enemy when you used the power, to cause damage. Would you need to do the same in this game? After all, we don't have destructable architecture... But in Jedi Knight it was not the force power I was conveying, the force you speak of Kurgan is force push in
J. K. I was talking the force power, if you played Episode 3 the game force Grasp that the makers of that game called it. The answer to the question I believe ,well for one it should be a on/off option for those that don't like Jedi. Also it should be a standard for all jedi and it should become more the powerful the more points the player accumulated or something like that.
 Kurgan
10-20-2005, 1:49 AM
I never played the Episode III game. I was assuming you meant Force Throw from Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight /Mysteries of the Sith.

In JK2/JA a few people called Saber Throw "Force Throw" but it was officially called "Force Saber Throw" in the literature.

Force Push already exists in SWBF2 beta, as does Force Pull. Both affect only bodies. In the other games (JK1/MotS, JK2, JA) Force Push also only dealt with bodies. Force Pull in JK1/MotS pulled objects (weapons from a character's hands, and world objects to the user). In JK2/JA's single player you could pull world objects as well as bodies, but in MP it was only bodies (though weapons were yanked from their hands as they came towards you in many cases on high levels).

Describe this "Force Grasp" then, since it sounds like I don't know what you are describing, if it's not the power Yoda uses to yank bodies forward and/or onto the ground (like Force Pull in JK2/JA) and not the power that lets you toss environmental debris as a target (JK1/MotS).

Currently for SWBF2 players, those that don't like Jedi have two options:

1) Don't play on servers with Jedi enabled.

2) Disable Jedi on your own server.

The Jedi options are customizable, but only in so much as you can change how a person becomes a Jedi and whether both teams can do so, etc. You can't customize their abilities.
 Windu Chi
10-20-2005, 4:16 AM
I never played the Episode III game. I was assuming you meant Force Throw from Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight /Mysteries of the Sith.

In JK2/JA a few people called Saber Throw "Force Throw" but it was officially called "Force Saber Throw" in the literature.

Force Push already exists in SWBF2 beta, as does Force Pull. Both affect only bodies. In the other games (JK1/MotS, JK2, JA) Force Push also only dealt with bodies. Force Pull in JK1/MotS pulled objects (weapons from a character's hands, and world objects to the user). In JK2/JA's single player you could pull world objects as well as bodies, but in MP it was only bodies (though weapons were yanked from their hands as they came towards you in many cases on high levels).

Describe this "Force Grasp" then, since it sounds like I don't know what you are describing, if it's not the power Yoda uses to yank bodies forward and/or onto the ground (like Force Pull in JK2/JA) and not the power that lets you toss environmental debris as a target (JK1/MotS).

Currently for SWBF2 players, those that don't like Jedi have two options:

1) Don't play on servers with Jedi enabled.

2) Disable Jedi on your own server.

The Jedi options are customizable, but only in so much as you can change how a person becomes a Jedi and whether both teams can do so, etc. You can't customize their abilities. Force Grasp is the ability (with the Force) that allow you to throw world objects in the enviroment at opponents or throw opponents into walls or throw them into objects or off leges where they take damge. Also this power is under your full control so it is not pushing one button you can control what direction where you want to throw the enemy or objects.

So do you understand how cool this power is ? :lsduel: :lsduel: ?
 MachineCult
10-20-2005, 8:04 AM
The power is for dueling,
It wouldn't be very useful in Battlefront II in a heated battle.
You want a complete star wars experience, watch the movies, it would take years to make everything exactly like the movies, and it wouldn't make a good game at all.
You obviously won't like this game as it doesn't include every little conceivable Jedi power, so just don't buy it.
What are you trying to accomplish by posting every stupid little thing you want in the game? They aren't going to change it just for you.
I do not want "force throw" in the game, it would render you completely vulnerable to attack even worse than force push as those who have played the beta know.
 Kurgan
10-20-2005, 10:26 AM
Think about what you're saying. You're saying people can't make suggestions or post what they wish would be in the game? C'mon now, that's silly. And even if this is an "impossible dream" (only 11 days until the game comes out)there is still the possibility of mods. ;)

So this "Force Grasp" is just Push + Throw combined into one power. Do you pick up an individual object, and drag it over the enemy to throw it at them?

In the latter case you'd have to add these throwable objects to the maps. But otherwise I don't see why it couldn't be done, unless it would simply make the Jedi too powerful (beyond what they already are, which is as a powerup, not as a "balanced vs 1 soldier" unit, as we discussed in the jedi debate thread!).
 MachineCult
10-20-2005, 2:54 PM
It's like Jedi Outcast/Academys force grip, you can kill people by dropping them or slamming them into things.
It just wouldn't work in battlefront though, everything is happening too fast and the time it would take to execute this "force grasp" would leave you vulnerable for too long a time.
 Windu Chi
10-20-2005, 4:49 PM
It's like Jedi Outcast/Academys force grip, you can kill people by dropping them or slamming them into things.
It just wouldn't work in battlefront though, everything is happening too fast and the time it would take to execute this "force grasp" would leave you vulnerable for too long a time. You must have not played Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith the game, for you believe it will make vulnerable. :laugh6: :laugh6:
 Windu Chi
10-20-2005, 6:02 PM
The power is for dueling,
It wouldn't be very useful in Battlefront II in a heated battle.
You want a complete star wars experience, watch the movies, it would take years to make everything exactly like the movies, and it wouldn't make a good game at all.
You obviously won't like this game as it doesn't include every little conceivable Jedi power, so just don't buy it.
What are you trying to accomplish by posting every stupid little thing you want in the game? They aren't going to change it just for you.
I do not want "force throw" in the game, it would render you completely vulnerable to attack even worse than force push as those who have played the beta know.
IT WILL NOT MAKE YOU VULNERABLE ! Want you go play Episode 3 and you will understand that it will not make you vulnerable. I also hope you they miss somethig you really wanted in the game if you think every thing I posted is stupid. :swear: :firemad:
 MachineCult
10-20-2005, 8:29 PM
I am going to assume that english isn't your first language.
This is NOT Episode 3, this is Battlefront II, force push and pull make you vulnerable, i think throwing something would as well.
I know of everything that is going to be in the game and i am in no way disappointed.

I would say I hope they missed something you really wanted in the game but, i already know they have.
 Windu Chi
10-20-2005, 9:35 PM
I am going to assume that english isn't your first language.
This is NOT Episode 3, this is Battlefront II, force push and pull make you vulnerable, i think throwing something would as well.
I know of everything that is going to be in the game and i am in no way disappointed.

I would say I hope they missed something you really wanted in the game but, i already know they have.
Hey buddy there is nothing wrong with having options because it's neutral ground.
That implies that there is no logical reason for people like you to complain about jedi or anything related to jedi. It will be fair to all because I also consider a ON/OFF option, if you been reading my post smarty. Also I understand english very well because it is kind of a scientific language, and because I think scientifically.
 KTR
10-20-2005, 10:16 PM
The thing is tha SW:BF2 does not have world objects, and the devs didnt add force throw, which means there is NO on/off option. Plus, the devs dont want to make the hero super strong, making them hard to defeat. The game is more based on the grunt work of soldiers than The Force/heros. You got to stop these unnessary arguments. What you ask is more what you have seen in the movies. being a hero or not depends on the server admin.

Again....

The game is more based on the grunt work of soldiers than The Force/heros.
 Windu Chi
10-20-2005, 10:30 PM
The thing is tha SW:BF2 does not have world objects, and the devs didnt add force throw, which means there is NO on/off option. Plus, the devs dont want to make the hero super strong, making them hard to defeat. The game is more based on the grunt work of soldiers than The Force/heros. You got to stop these unnessary arguments. What you ask is more what you have seen in the movies. being a hero or not depends on the server admin.

Again....

The game is more based on the grunt work of soldiers than The Force/heros. HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY HAVE ?
 KTR
10-20-2005, 10:35 PM
ummmmm, played the beta? no one have seen and loose objects that you can pull and throw. videos indicate no loose/world objects. plus you have a limited time being a hero, and using you force powers take some time, just trust the light saber.
 Windu Chi
10-20-2005, 11:19 PM
ummmmm, played the beta? no one have seen and loose objects that you can pull and throw. videos indicate no loose/world objects. plus you have a limited time being a hero, and using you force powers take some time, just trust the light saber.
The beta proves nothing !
 ET Warrior
10-21-2005, 12:37 AM
The beta proves nothing !First of all, It'd be nice if you didn't post in colors anymore. It makes your posts harder to read.

Secondly, the beta proves more or less everything. They aren't going to implement huge game changes like you're suggesting after they've finished the beta, because they need to be able to test that kind of thing.
 Windu Chi
10-21-2005, 12:55 AM
First of all, It'd be nice if you didn't post in colors anymore. It makes your posts harder to read.

Secondly, the beta proves more or less everything. They aren't going to implement huge game changes like you're suggesting after they've finished the beta, because they need to be able to test that kind of thing. So is you a developer or do you just build mods ?
 Kurgan
10-21-2005, 2:45 AM
It's probable that we've seen all the Force powers in action, since I didn't see any listed for the other heroes that we haven't already seen, with the exception of Force Lightning. But they may just take the easy way out and make it like the Dark Trooper's lightning gun. ;)
 010_sWitch_010
10-21-2005, 6:48 AM
It's probable that we've seen all the Force powers in action, since I didn't see any listed for the other heroes that we haven't already seen, with the exception of Force Lightning. But they may just take the easy way out and make it like the Dark Trooper's lightning gun. ;)

I think its a certainty that they'll take the easy way out
 Micahc
10-21-2005, 5:53 PM
The beta proves nothing !
How do you know? For all we know the beta could prove everything. Force Grasp in this game would be the most useless thing ever. Think about it this way:
You are Obi-Wan fighting a bunch of SBD's and the like. You grab an Assassine droid using Grasp, but meanwhile you move extremely slow, you probably have about half the time left to play as him (but that doesn't really matter), and your being shot at by five or ten droids. Now chances are (especialy online) that one of these droids is going to throw a grenade or pop your head with a rocket, both of which take away your bonus instantly (or atleast on the demo). So how useful is grasp?
 KTR
10-21-2005, 6:29 PM
All force powers take stamina, and stamina is required to move quick. When you are a hero, every one focus all the fire to you, knowing that if they dont, you will cause to much damage and make them lose. So being on the move is important when being a hero. And when being on the move, you wont have much stamina to use the force. So force the becomes a very rare thing to be used in battle, unless you are attacking a 1-3 enemy soldiers by yourself.
 MachineCult
10-22-2005, 8:04 AM
That implies that there is no logical reason for people like you to complain about jedi or anything related to jedi.

I'm not complaining about Jedi i think they are a great addition to the game,
I was complaining about your shockingly bad ideas for the game.
 Windu Chi
10-22-2005, 8:38 PM
I'm not complaining about Jedi i think they are a great addition to the game,
I was complaining about your shockingly bad ideas for the game. They are NOT bad ideas.Also how many times I have to say OPTION?
 KTR
10-22-2005, 8:44 PM
They are NOT bad ideas.Also how many times I have to say OPTION?

WTF! Why are you saying "OPTION" when it is not a "OPTION" of the game?

to finish this whole thread....

THERE IS NO FORCE THROW AND NO OPTION OF FORCE THROW AND NO DEATH STAR TRENCH PERIOD! AND YES...YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED!
 Windu Chi
10-22-2005, 8:48 PM
WTF! Why are you saying "OPTION" when it is not a "OPTION" of the game?

to finish this whole thread....

THERE IS NO FORCE THROW AND NO OPTION OF FORCE THROW AND NO DEATH STAR TRENCH PERIOD! AND YES...YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED! As I ask everybody else how do you know what is and is not in the game. Are you a developer ?
 MachineCult
10-22-2005, 8:49 PM
WELL SAID KTR!!! WELL SAID.

And please learn better english windu6.

As I ask everybody else how do you know what is and is not in the game. Are you a developer ?

Screenshots, in game videos, interviews, THE BETA!!!
We know what it in the game and it's none of the ridiculous stuff you want so forget about it.

Stop using colours.

and again learn better english.
 Windu Chi
10-22-2005, 8:55 PM
WELL SAID KTR!!! WELL SAID.

And please learn better english windu6.

Screenshots, in game videos, interviews, THE BETA!!!
We know what it in the game and it's none of the ridiculous stuff you want so forget about it.

Stop using colours.

and again learn better english. Oh forget it !
 MachineCult
10-22-2005, 8:56 PM
Forget what, what are you talking about?
 Darth_Terros
10-23-2005, 4:10 AM
Windu's replies in this thread are funny as hell!

anyway the closest to force throw is vaders saber throw!

windu you really should who read through your thread titles and post again before posting :lol:
 Kurgan
10-23-2005, 5:35 AM
Yoda's push might be closer...
 Darth_Terros
10-23-2005, 6:09 AM
True i guess they can be both classed as a type of force throw then :)
 Redtech
10-24-2005, 6:59 AM
Well, I suppose it prevents people chucking tanks at people.
 Darth_Death
01-03-2006, 8:04 PM
ya i bet if u did get force push it be pretty limited with throing big objects around u
 KenobiChronicle
01-03-2006, 11:06 PM
You can't do this without putting some ragdoll physics and normal mapping in there.
 MachineCult
01-04-2006, 9:07 AM
Darth_Death FFS this thread is three months old you don't revive old threads and Kenobi you don't bump revived threads.
 ET Warrior
01-04-2006, 9:47 AM
Reviving a thread as old as this one when you have little to nothing to add to the discussion is generally considered bad form. Please refrain from doing so in the future.
Page: 1 of 1