Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Police Brutality in New Orleans

Page: 1 of 1
 TK-8252
10-13-2005, 12:35 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/09/taped.beatings.ap/index.html)
http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/10/11/taped.beatings/index.html)

You know, this kind of thing really just pisses me off. Usually I give the police the benefit of the doubt, but definantly not here. This is textbook police brutality, period.

The police say that the 64-year-old retired school teacher resisted arrest... well he said in an interview that the police never even told him he was under arrest, nor were rights ever read. He says that the police told him "I will kick your ass." And after the beating, this man, lying in a pool of his own blood, is left on the sidewalk for ten minutes while being kicked by officers before an ambulance arrives.

And just check out what they did to the witnesses: told them to get lost or be arrested as well. Two witnesses, who happened to be relief workers, were also thrown around and arrested as well. And don't forget what they did to the camera crews of course! After telling them to stop filming (gee, I wonder why they told them to stop :rolleyes: ), the APTV producer showed his credentials, which in turn got him thrown over a car and cursed at, which was all caught on tape.

Also, the attorney for the victim says he looked into the history of one of the officers and he had a history of emotional instability, including attempts at suicide. Hmm, now I'd really like to know why people like this are given a badge and a gun and sent to the streets? These are the people who are supposed to be protecting us?

I, for one, hope to see these bastards who call themselves police officers thrown in jail and never allowed to wear a badge again.
 CapNColostomy
10-13-2005, 12:50 AM
Yes, they deserve to die, and I hope they burn in hell. And despite going through that ****, the guy has nothing but a great attitude about it. A shame it had to happen to him.
 El Sitherino
10-13-2005, 12:57 AM
Yes, they deserve to die, and I hope they burn in hell. And despite going through that ****, the guy has nothing but a great attitude about it. A shame it had to happen to him.
Agreed.

PS: Thumbs up on the Sam Jackson quote from "A Time to Kill".
 Kurgan
10-13-2005, 2:00 AM
Ouch. Yeah, with police like this, who needs criminals? Sheesh... hopefully this scandal will encourage some reforms in hiring/training/evaluation practices in law enforcement!
 Kain
10-13-2005, 11:15 AM
Well, those cops are 100% ****ed.
Page: 1 of 1