Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

LINUX VERSION OF DEDICATED SERVER?

Page: 1 of 1
 Smuggler Vito
10-08-2005, 5:56 PM
A linux version of the dedicated server for PS2/PC was promised to us for SWBF1. Nothin happened. It's okay, SWBF was a beta and I expected them to put forth their efforts on the new game.

Well, what's up? Do we get our LINUX based server software? I hope so cuz the WINDOWS version stinks. Not to mention that it will be hella easier (for me at least) to have access to a LINUX server on a T3 line. Talk about hosting a few GREAT DEDICATED SERVERS to leave up for clan battles and stuff. I personally prefer the private rooms to the public servers. Better gameplay and better challenges!!!

Hook it up!
 Kurgan
10-08-2005, 11:46 PM
They never released a Linux server build for SWBF1? For shame Pandemic/Lucasarts!

That explains why there are so few dedicated servers up... ;P

If SWBF2 doesn't have one, it likely will meet the same fate. This is just essential nowadays...
 TAW_Banzai
10-09-2005, 3:36 PM
They never released a Linux server build for SWBF1? For shame Pandemic/Lucasarts!

That explains why there are so few dedicated servers up... ;P

If SWBF2 doesn't have one, it likely will meet the same fate. This is just essential nowadays...

+1

i have emailed my contact at Pandemic about this issue and haven't got a reply back from him yet.
Page: 1 of 1