Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Turning Zaalbar into a jedi.

Page: 1 of 1
 RobQel-Droma
09-30-2005, 7:14 PM
Hey everybody, I was just wondering if you could release a mod like Redhawke's "make mission/carth/canderous a jedi/dark jedi", except make it "make Zaalbar a jedi." This was inspired by one of my own posts somewhere about characters in KIII, where I mentioned that I wanted a wookie trainable as a jedi. Oh, and I also was wondering if someone could make it so Zaalbar can wear armor, too.
 The_Maker
10-01-2005, 12:20 AM
^^^
I believe its impossible for our furry freind to wear armor due to appearance.2da issues, that and the fact that he is a wookie it just wouldn't make much sense ;)
 ChAiNz.2da
10-01-2005, 12:40 AM
^^^
I believe its impossible for our furry freind to wear armor due to appearance.2da issues, that and the fact that he is a wookie it just wouldn't make much sense ;)
Yup.. plus it would take some modeling work since Zaalbar doesn't have an "armored" model to represent him wearing it. Well, the "lederhosen" doesn't quite count unless you just wanted to make different colors (skins) hehehe ;)

You can edit certain .2da files for Big Z to 'equip' armor, he just wouldn't visually style & profile it :D

I believe it's the denysubrace field in baseitems.2da. Change the value to "0x00000000" on lines #38-43 (for armor) and if you're feeling particularly "saucy", change it on Rows #35-37 for Jedi Robes (you'll have to give Big Z the proper feat for those however) ;)
 RobQel-Droma
10-02-2005, 8:27 PM
But what about turning him into a jedi? Or maybe, I though about this, getting a wookie armour specially made for him. If you look in episode III, the wookie leader is wearing a kind of armour.
 RedHawke
10-03-2005, 12:15 AM
But what about turning him into a jedi?
This can be done, though it would require a little bit of creative storytelling to do so as Wookiee Jedi's are very rare. ;)

Or maybe, I though about this, getting a wookie armour specially made for him. If you look in episode III, the wookie leader is wearing a kind of armour.
Well, while we saw that as well, remember Episode III didn't have to work within the game mechanics of KOTOR. ;)

While you can get Zaalbar to easily wear armor, to make armor "appear" on Zaalbar would be no small undertaking, it would involve some heavy modeling skills to be properly done, if it could be done at all, because I don't personally believe some reskins would hack it, but that might just be me. :D
 Hunter-Killer
06-03-2007, 6:50 PM
I'd love that to happen. Big Z is my favorite character is the game, and I'd like him twice as much as a Jedi. He'd probably be the best in the game since his ailment is the highest (except maybe the PC).
 Master Zionosis
06-03-2007, 6:58 PM
I'd love that to happen. Big Z is my favorite character is the game, and I'd like him twice as much as a Jedi. He'd probably be the best in the game since his ailment is the highest (except maybe the PC).

Well, i thank you Hunter-Killer for bringing up this ancient thread, as i wasn't around when it was started, i would love to have Z as a Jedi and as RedHawke said, it would require a creative story for it to make sence, not to mention i might actually use him if he were a Jedi, lol.

I might give this a go, I'll put it on my "Planning" list, check out my site for that.
 Hunter-Killer
06-03-2007, 7:08 PM
Oh, I didn't notice the date of the last reply. Well, I guess it was a good thing I thought the ones on pages 30-36 were the most recent ones then. Thanks.

Edit: Umm.......... for the Story........... Zaalbar's mom was was the famous wookiee........ um....... can I have a little while to think of this?
 Jasher
06-04-2007, 1:05 PM
Wow...talk about coincidence. I was just thinking about this last night.
I wanted to make both Mission and Big Z Jedi. I was thinking about them being trained together by two Jedi who got stuck on Taris who were hiding (from Revan and Malak...these Jedi could have been deserters...?) in the lower level cantina. The two Jedi were looking for new recruits--people with force sensitivity and a light side alignment--to aid in their fight against Revan and Malak in the impending Jedi Civil War. After being trained, Mission and Big Z were to continue the effort on Taris while the two Jedi left for another planet in search of more Padawan. Malak sensed the Jedi and then sent the garrison to control Taris, but the Jedi had already left. Mission and Big Z were not strong enough in the Force to be sensed by Malak (hell, when you find them, they're only level 3 and 4 respectively). Mission and Big Z "joined" the Hidden Beks to seek out more possible Jedi.

Edit: Thus, you wouldn't need to "make" them Jedi in the way of TSL, they'd already be Jedi. You'd just need to fix up their uti files in the templates (change stats, give them the appropriate feats, force powers, force points, lightsabers, and custom robes), change the initial dialog in the cantina around, and you're done. I'm all for Mission as a Sentinel and Big Z as a guardian.
 Gargoyle King
06-04-2007, 1:13 PM
Wow...talk about coincidence. I was just thinking about this last night.
I wanted to make both Mission and Big Z Jedi. I was thinking about them being trained together by two Jedi who got stuck on Taris who were hiding (from Revan and Malak...these Jedi could have been deserters...?) in the lower level cantina. The two Jedi were looking for new recruits--people with force sensitivity and a light side alignment--to aid in their fight against Revan and Malak in the impending Jedi Civil War. After being trained, Mission and Big Z were to continue the effort on Taris while the two Jedi left for another planet in search of more Padawan. Malak sensed the Jedi and then sent the garrison to control Taris, but the Jedi had already left. Mission and Big Z were not strong enough in the Force to be sensed by Malak (hell, when you find them, they're only level 3 and 4 respectively). Mission and Big Z "joined" the Hidden Beks to seek out more possible Jedi.

It could work storyline wise, i think it's a strong idea for a mod. Although however without a hardcore mod it could possibly unbalance the game a bit so early on in the game. I also think this idea would fit in perfectly with the "Sith Planet of Taris" mod. Any thoughts on this idea master zionosis?
 Jasher
06-04-2007, 1:26 PM
I don't know...the Taris undercity was always a breeze even without Force powers and lightsabers. The rancor is still unkillable unless you use mines, and the Sith HQ will still be tough (I always got wasted when I took Bastila, or anyone other than Carth and Zaalbar). And again, even having two other Jedi with sabers and measly low level force powers, Dantooine will still be challenging. I don't think it'll throw it off too much...
...I'm done with the PC mods (I just don't have the dialog). I could run it through and let you know.

Edit: To make it REALLY easy, you could have Zaalbar do all the talking on their backstory. Since all his dialog is grunts and groans, you wouldn't need to do voiceovers for Mission. Just enter the dialog sequence after you free Zaalbar from the Gamorreans. You could start of by saying that you noticed both Big Z and Mission can use the Force, then ask how and why and have Big Z fill in the details. Although plotwise it's Mission who's the talker, again, this seems to be the easier alternative.
 Master Zionosis
06-04-2007, 1:59 PM
It could work storyline wise, i think it's a strong idea for a mod. Although however without a hardcore mod it could possibly unbalance the game a bit so early on in the game. I also think this idea would fit in perfectly with the "Sith Planet of Taris" mod. Any thoughts on this idea master zionosis?

I'm liking whats being said here, i will be going with a similar story line to what Jasher said, And i might try and script a new cut scene where Big Z's Father has a conversation with big Z about becoming a Jedi, Z the telling him how it happened.
 Jasher
06-04-2007, 2:00 PM
(Sorry, it seems I'm just blabbing on here...)
Solving the talkative-Mission problem:
You could simply ask Big Z why Mission didn't mention this fact before. He then explains that the reason Mission didn't say anything was because she didn't know if you were friend or foe. The reason Big Z spills the beans is because now he's got a nifty new life-debt and he doesn't see the need to hide the reality of his powers from his new master. He could even suggest that his powers be used to protect you!
Of course, this coversation segment would need to be entered before Mission says; "Well if Big Z's with you, than I'm with you too" (or something to that effect). Like I said, I can handle the uti's but not the dialog. Help please?

Edit: I'm liking whats being said here, i will be going with a similar story line to what Jasher said, And i might try and script a new cut scene where Big Z's Father has a conversation with big Z about becoming a Jedi, Z the telling him how it happened.
Cool idea, cool idea. Keep me posted!

Jasher, I have combined your many Double Posts in this thread. Please refrain from Double Posting, that is having multiple posts in a row, while it is alright to do in some rare instances, here it isn't. Use the 'edit this' post feature to add any new content to your previous posts, thanks. -RH
 Gargoyle King
06-04-2007, 2:05 PM
(Sorry, it seems I'm just blabbing on here...)
Solving the talkative-Mission problem:
You could simply ask Big Z why Mission didn't mention this fact before. He then explains that the reason Mission didn't say anything was because she didn't know if you were friend or foe. The reason Big Z spills the beans is because now he's got a nifty new life-debt and he doesn't see the need to hide the reality of his powers from his new master. He could even suggest that his powers be used to protect you!
Of course, this coversation segment would need to be entered before Mission says; "Well if Big Z's with you, than I'm with you too" (or something to that effect). Like I said, I can handle the uti's but not the dialog. Help please?

Subtle, but effective! :D
 Darth Kalverys
06-04-2007, 2:08 PM
I don't know...the Taris undercity was always a breeze even without Force powers and lightsabers. The rancor is still unkillable unless you use mines, and the Sith HQ will still be tough (I always got wasted when I took Bastila, or anyone other than Carth and Zaalbar). And again, even having two other Jedi with sabers and measly low level force powers, Dantooine will still be challenging. I don't think it'll throw it off too much...
...I'm done with the PC mods (I just don't have the dialog). I could run it through and let you know.

Obviously you haven't used my Sith Planet of Taris... it's still easy... but not nearly as easy. And actually... I changed a few NPC's to Jedi once and I choked the rancor... so you don't neccessarily have to use mines... it's just hard to kill a monster that can kill you with one hit. ^_^ By all means add an attachment to the Sith Planet of Taris. I'd help you out... but uhhh... I can't mod at the moment, I haven't been able to mod for several months, because my computer went down and I'm on someone else's computer so I can't download the tools.
 Gargoyle King
06-04-2007, 2:13 PM
Obviously you haven't used my Sith Planet of Taris... it's still easy... but not nearly as easy. And actually... I changed a few NPC's to Jedi once and I choked the rancor... so you don't neccessarily have to use mines... it's just hard to kill a monster that can kill you with one hit. ^_^ By all means add an attachment to the Sith Planet of Taris. I'd help you out... but uhhh... I can't mod at the moment, I haven't been able to mod for several months, because my computer went down and I'm on someone else's computer so I can't download the tools.

Shame 'bout ya computer - hope it get's fixed soon :D
When you have your computer fixed will you update the Sith Planet of Taris mod, as i played it an must admit i thoroughly enjoyed it and has a lot of potential - it's great to play that tedious planet in a different way (although your mod makes so much more sense than just having the sith soldier grunts to deal with!)
 Jasher
06-04-2007, 2:14 PM
wow...choking a rancor. Wonder why Luke didn't try that...or why he didn't try using ANY Force powers for that matter.
BTW, where can I downlaod your mod from?
 Master Zionosis
06-04-2007, 2:15 PM
And actually... I changed a few NPC's to Jedi once and I choked the rancor... so you don't neccessarily have to use mines... it's just hard to kill a monster that can kill you with one hit. ^_^

Thats something i keep seeing, doesn't anyone know that you don't have to fight the Rancor, you go into stealth then you put a grenade in the skeletal corpse along with some of that oder that you get from the severed arm outside of the door that leads to the Rancor, once you've done that a cut scene shows the Rancor being blown up.

Just in case no one knew, as i haven't seen anyone actually say this before.
 Darth Kalverys
06-04-2007, 2:20 PM
wow...choking a rancor. Wonder why Luke didn't try that...or why he didn't try using ANY Force powers for that matter.

HERE (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Sith_Planet_of_Taris;78548)

@ master zionosis...

yeah I knew that... but ya know if ya want XP then you'll have to kill the Rancor in one form or another.
 Jasher
06-04-2007, 2:20 PM
Thats something i keep seeing, doesn't anyone know that you don't have to fight the Rancor, you go into stealth then you put a grenade in the skeletal corpse along with some of that oder that you get from the severed arm outside of the door that leads to the Rancor, once you've done that a cut scene shows the Rancor being blown up.

Just in case no one knew, as i haven't seen anyone actually say this before.
I dunno...I've tried doing just that a number of times and couldn't get it to work, so I resorted to mines.
But I stray from the topic...who can help me learn how to insert the new dialog? And how to put Big Z's grunts and groans in there as well?
 Gargoyle King
06-04-2007, 2:21 PM

You can get Shan's mod from here:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/gofetch/ZmlsZWZyb250fHx8Nzg1NDh8fHxVMmwwYUNCUWJHRnVaWFFnYj) JZZ1ZHRnlhWE09fHx8fHx8MzM1fHx8L01vZHMvQ2hhcmFjdGVy c3x8fHRhcmlzX3NpdGhfcGxhbmV0LnJhcnx8fDgwOTgxMTc4NT Q4NjgxMQ==
 Jasher
06-04-2007, 2:28 PM
[QUOTE=Rueben Shan]HERE (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Sith_Planet_of_Taris;78548)

I always have problems downloading from FileFront. Is there any way that you could e-mail it to me? Let me know.
 Darth Kalverys
06-04-2007, 2:34 PM
[QUOTE=Rueben Shan]HERE (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Sith_Planet_of_Taris;78548)

I always have problems downloading from FileFront. Is there any way that you could e-mail it to me? Let me know.

yeah but I'll need your E-mail address... PM it to me
 L0rdReV@n88
06-04-2007, 3:48 PM
hey im not sure if anyone has solved this, but darkkender made a jedi zalbar mod it takes place depending on how kashyyk went, darkside if you take the darkside and lightside if you take the lightside.
found here http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=167096)
hope this helps the people looking for this
 Hunter-Killer
06-04-2007, 4:15 PM
Hey everybody, I was just wondering if you could release a mod like Redhawke's "make mission/carth/canderous a jedi/dark jedi", except make it "make Zaalbar a jedi." This was inspired by one of my own posts somewhere about characters in KIII, where I mentioned that I wanted a wookie trainable as a jedi. Oh, and I also was wondering if someone could make it so Zaalbar can wear armor, too.

Like above, I was sort of thinking it to be a little more like the make mission/carth/ and canderous mods. Is it possible to make both, the one mission and zaalbar were trained as Jedi before they met Revan and one were he is trained as a Jedi by a jedi on Dantooine, just in case someone just downloaded a mod that makes mission a jedi (by herself) before they read this? lol.
 RedHawke
06-05-2007, 1:28 AM
darkkender made a jedi zalbar mod it takes place depending on how kashyyk went, darkside if you take the darkside and lightside if you take the lightside.
found here http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=167096)
hope this helps the people looking for this
Right you are L0rdReV@n88, no need to re-invent the wheel here.

I think Darkkender's way of doing it makes the most sense. ;)

Edit: Seeing as posters are taking this thread way off-topic... For the record this is a topic RobQel-Droma made about making Zaalbar as a Jedi which has been done.

If any of you have a differeing mod project you are starting you would be better served by creating a WIP thread about it in Holowan Labs proper.

As such I am closing this thread as the original request has been satisfied.
Page: 1 of 1