Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Operation Kill Bastilla v1.0 ("Sith troopers chasing Bastilla")

Page: 1 of 1
 Dark_lord_Cheez
09-27-2005, 4:53 PM
This is my first released mod, and a very simple one at that.

http://pcgamemods.com/mod/16419.html)

From the readme:

Operation Kill Bastilla v 1.0

Requested by Darkhelmut on Holowan Labs

Modification made by Dark_lord_Cheez
-------------------------------------
What this does: This mod will force approximately

half of the Sith Troopers you meet in the Upper

cities on Taris to attack you if you have Basilla

in your group (and you do NOT have the sith armor

equiped).

How to install: Simply place in your 'Override'

folder, and start a new game (or an early save,

preferably on Taris).

How to uninstall: Just delete these files:

Tar02_sithpat22.dlg
Tar_sithtroopbastck.ncs

*note* This file includes a source code which was

based off of the script used to make Calo Nord and

his two 'minions' hostile towards you.

Terms of Use:
I honestly don't mind if people use this in their

mods so long as you give me at least a small

mention in your readme, and keep in mind that I

wouldn't have even made this mod had it not been

for darkhelmut's request.

Special Thanks:
Fred Tetra - For creating the Kotor Tool, a TRULY

awesome tool for modding, very userfriendly and

can do just about anything

Darth333 - For the wonderful Kotor scripting

tutorials she has made, and for answerring my

pesky scripting questions when I first started

modding.

Really though, all credit for the idea goes to darkhelmut, as he was the one to request it, and the credit for scripting really goes to Bioware.

All I actually did was edit the dialogue file to include a check to see if bastilla was in your party, and editted one of the existing source scripts to turn the sith troopers hostile as opposed to Calo Nord and his goons.

If for some reason this mod messes anything up, or doesn't work PLEASE let me know, I haven't had a chance to test this yet due to my computer not being able to play either K1 or K2, so all play testing for ANY of my mods has to be done at another computer.

Let me know what you think of this, as it is in fact my first mod and all.
 Nur Ab Sal
09-27-2005, 5:15 PM
Congratulations! I haven't tested it yet due to busy work day, but I'll try it in the nearest future.
 The_Maker
09-27-2005, 9:56 PM
Ia m going to test in now, will let you know how it turns out :D

Edit: Hmmmm, either the game doesn't like the fact that I loaded a game that was near the planets end (and of course all modules & dialogues were pre-loaded) or something went wrong with your mod =/

Has anyone else gotten this to work?
 TheGreenGoblin
09-27-2005, 10:12 PM
This sounds really cool, I always had a problem with how you can run around Taris streets with Bastila with all the Sith hanging around, and talk to her about being a Jedi no less!
 Dark_lord_Cheez
09-28-2005, 3:21 PM
Ia m going to test in now, will let you know how it turns out :D

Edit: Hmmmm, either the game doesn't like the fact that I loaded a game that was near the planets end (and of course all modules & dialogues were pre-loaded) or something went wrong with your mod =/

Has anyone else gotten this to work?

What exactly went wrong?
 The_Maker
09-28-2005, 4:49 PM
I talked to a Sith trooper with Bastila in my party but nothing happend <.< they just gave mt the default "Out of our way citizen..." line and nadda :(

I tried adding/removing Bastila from my current party but no-go
 Dark_lord_Cheez
09-28-2005, 5:58 PM
hmm... just went over the dialogue file :embarassed: seems I accidentally misspelled "bastila"... Just editted that, and recompiled the script so it should be all set..

here's the link to the patch:

http://pcgamemods.com/mod/16448.html)

Again, if I screwed up on this (yet again) PLEASE let me know...
 RedHawke
09-29-2005, 12:06 AM
Again, if I screwed up on this (yet again) PLEASE let me know...
Just a quick note there Cheez, and everyone else, on PCGameMods you don't need to post mod updates or mistake corrections as new. You can now edit previous versions of your mod and change them instead, the screenshots, description, title, and even upload a new versions zip or rar archive over the old one. ;)

Just an FYI! :D
 The_Maker
09-30-2005, 3:28 PM
Well, I downloaded the new version and still nothing happens, the camera looks at Bastila for an inth of a second and then nothing after the Sith Trooper dialogue :(

Maybe I should start a new game and just cheat to add Bastila to my party and see if that does anything -.-
 RedHawke
09-30-2005, 11:50 PM
^^^^
Did you make sure that your game hadn't loaded that area yet? If so then the old bugged files are present in your savegame.

You might need to start a new game for the fix to take effect...
 Dark_lord_Cheez
10-01-2005, 10:36 AM
actually, I have a good idea of what the problem is there... maybe I'll have to get to the computer with my game on it so I can check though. Sorry again though :( , looks like I screwed up on another upload :( .
 Dark_lord_Cheez
10-02-2005, 10:27 AM
The_Maker, did you try walking around the area after you talked to the sith trooper by any chance? The trooper you talked to may not have been affected by the script, but others might have.
 MrVorlon
10-09-2005, 1:21 PM
actually, I have a good idea of what the problem is there... maybe I'll have to get to the computer with my game on it so I can check though. Sorry again though :( , looks like I screwed up on another upload :( .
Are you gonna try again with this mod? It sounds so very promising. I couldn't get the mod to work for. As another poster said, after speaking to a Sith, there is a quick 1 second cut to bastila then nothing. I've spoken to everyone in a Sith uniform I could find. I walked around the North and South areas.

Anyway, I don;t want you to give up. This is just too great to quit on. It really makes Taris a fight for survival.
 Dark_lord_Cheez
10-25-2005, 3:19 PM
Are you gonna try again with this mod? It sounds so very promising. I couldn't get the mod to work for. As another poster said, after speaking to a Sith, there is a quick 1 second cut to bastila then nothing. I've spoken to everyone in a Sith uniform I could find. I walked around the North and South areas.

Anyway, I don;t want you to give up. This is just too great to quit on. It really makes Taris a fight for survival.

I'm sorry about taking so long to reply to this... My life has been very hectic these past few weeks, and I'm trying the best I can to get a handle on it all before I continue modding.

Yes, I will work on this again, but I don't know exactly when... hopefully in a few more weeks, but I highly doubt I will be working much on this anytime soon.

I sincerely apologize for the trouble this mod may have caused, and I will be sure to playtest this mod a couple of times before my final release of it. However, I have to prioritize at the moment, and I really need to take care of these recent developments in my life before I can even think of having enough free time to work on this again. The same goes for all of my other mods also.

I just have too much going on in my life right now to be able to work on this or anything else... hope you can all forgive me.
 MrVorlon
01-13-2006, 4:58 PM
I'm sorry about taking so long to reply to this... My life has been very hectic these past few weeks, and I'm trying the best I can to get a handle on it all before I continue modding.

Yes, I will work on this again, but I don't know exactly when... hopefully in a few more weeks, but I highly doubt I will be working much on this anytime soon.

I sincerely apologize for the trouble this mod may have caused, and I will be sure to playtest this mod a couple of times before my final release of it. However, I have to prioritize at the moment, and I really need to take care of these recent developments in my life before I can even think of having enough free time to work on this again. The same goes for all of my other mods also.

I just have too much going on in my life right now to be able to work on this or anything else... hope you can all forgive me.
It's okay dude. I totally understand. I hope this new year brings great things in your life. :)
Page: 1 of 1