Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Psychonauts: A Great Year at WR RP topic (Read rules!)

Page: 1 of 5
 KingCheez
09-24-2005, 10:16 PM
to quote the discussion post:

This is just the DISCUSSION TOPIC. Where we plot, ask people if we can do things (say Milka wants to severely injure/have a hot makeout scene with Elton, you'd probably need the other player's consent, because it's cool like that. Unless they don't care what happens to their character.), discuss who's dating who, discuss just what's going to happen next, discuss all that jazz.

The real thread will have no comments, no wacky banter, no parentheses notes.

Remember that.

In other words, no talking here, please. PLZ. Just to keep our minds on the RP. Post your characters, who you are, who you want to be, in the other topic, too.

Crazy banter WILL be ignored.

So then.

The charter bus arrived in the forest, slowing to the parking lot, and letting everyone out. The group was headed by new junior counselor Razputin, in control of cabins and miscellaneous training, Vernon Tripe, ready for a summer full of storytelling, and a mysterious boy with eyes hidden under his visor, a brown plaid blazer, short blue shorts, and a Whispering Rock T-Shirt. Sheegor stood by her car, a run down minivan, taking checklist of all this year's attendants. She was in charge of sign-in and Sasha's personal lab assistant - a lab she liked much more than a brain tank lab.

"Alright folks," said Raz, grinning, "let's get on out of this hot smelly bus and start this summer!"
 KingCheez
09-24-2005, 10:31 PM
Oh come on. Someone join in or you'll all be fed dogfood.
 splitsecond
09-27-2005, 11:03 PM
[l]Jake stepped of the bus looking tired from the long ride there "great another crappy year at a summer camp" he thought to himself.He was wearing his favourite black hoody and blue jeans which most people would find weird since its summer
 KingCheez
09-27-2005, 11:07 PM
Raz smirked at the new kid, pointing him to his cabin, while Sheegor wrote some notes down. Another instructor came from seemingly nowhere.

"My name is Jin Awaoru. I am a...new instructor here. I'd like to welcome you all to a great year - and it's just about bunk time, now." He smirked a dark smirk, ushering everyone along with Raz.
 splitsecond
09-27-2005, 11:10 PM
"i'm picking weird vibes from that guy oh well it's probaly nothing" Jake shrugged off these thoughts as he walked to his bunk
 Max Hunter
09-27-2005, 11:11 PM
I was wearing in pure black clothes... including a long coat and a pair of gloves. I was also wearing a backpack with a notebook with most of my importan things... and how to forget my blue snowboard-like goggles. I followed Raz and everyone else to the bunks. "WOO!! I get this one!" I said as I jumped onto one and wrote my name on its little blackboard.
 splitsecond
09-27-2005, 11:14 PM
Jake looked around with a grimace on his face as a kid with snow googles took the last top bunk "great all the top bunks are taken" he said to himself as he went to bunk underneath Raz
 Max Hunter
09-27-2005, 11:17 PM
I then saw Raz and questioned myself. "Hey Raz... tell us about your experiences here" I asked Raz as I saw above me to the ceiling. I wondered also if that was going to be cool.
 KingCheez
09-28-2005, 8:07 AM
Raz grinned. "Well, it's a long story - involving getting the scavenger hunt done in one day, going to the asylum to save all the brains of the campers, turning Oleander back to normal, and-"

"Yes yes, Raz, you can tell the stories in the morning. But now, lights out, if you would," came Jin's unenthusiastic, slightly dark smile.

"Ehhh, right," said Raz, jumping down to hit the lights. "See all of you in the morning."

----MORNING----

"Everyone, wake up! It's time for our new training program, since eh...well, Awaoru deemed Basic Braining dangerous and unreasonable...just head to the fireplace." shouted Oleander.

Raz, Vernon and the new kid all got up and headed for class...
 Max Hunter
09-28-2005, 3:35 PM
"c'mon..." I expressed as I yawned and got up. "so.... finally we will see some action!" I said as I followed Raz and the others.
 splitsecond
09-28-2005, 4:08 PM
Jake simply took a glance at the clock and let a growl of disaprovement but simply put on his clothes and followed everyone else "why do we have to get up this early it's not like were missing anything" he thought to himself he looked at Raz and wondered how his year was he had heard rumors but he wanted to hear it from him "Iguess i'll ask him later" he hurried along to keep up with everyone.
 KingCheez
09-28-2005, 4:15 PM
Instructor Awaoru opened up the portal to his mind, not showing the door, which is instead just a quick blur of red as he flips it open, sucking all the nearby campers into his mind.

It was a gigantic, futuristic city, skyscrapers reaching out of sight. It was all beautiful and colorful, but the sky a hue of black, the clouds red. It was disturbing, almost, how eerie and deserted this futuristic world was. It was ambient, as not a sound crossed the world, besides footsteps in fear. Raz, in charge of making sure nothing bad happened here, crossed his arms after lowering his goggles.

As nothing seems to happen, Jin, the tall blond-haired man came from a portal in the sky. "Oh, I am sorry. I had business in a...different portion of my mind."

Raz raised his finger to say something, but shook his head. Nobody should be suspicious of him, this was his first year and bad rumors would kill his reputation like they did to Oleander. Vernon looked around. Something wasn't right. "So. New boy, um, why are you so-"

The boy was about to look up at him, but he didn't. "Well, Vernon Tripe, it's just that this is very...familiar."

Raz looked to his side. How did the new boy know Vernon's name?

"Come on," said Jin, "let us go forward."

The amalgamation began to move forward.
 splitsecond
09-28-2005, 4:33 PM
"I don't like this" Jake said as he covered his fist with ice using cryokinisis to prepare himself for the unexpected
 KingCheez
09-28-2005, 4:35 PM
Raz moved forward slowly, followed by Vernon. The new kid waited at the back of the line, covering his eyes.
 splitsecond
09-28-2005, 5:04 PM
Jake took in his surroundings and then decided this was a perfect oppurtunity to see if the rumours were true he summend his icy blue levitation ball and bounced next to Raz "hey Raz is it true what they say your the one who stopped oleander from taking over the world with brain tanks and defeated him in a mixed version of your mind and his" Jake had some disbelief as he asked this Raz looked a little to scrawny to do that but he had to know if he was such a great psychic
 Max Hunter
09-28-2005, 6:30 PM
I lowered my goggles before going into the mind. As we entered I saw all the skycrapers and the weird view. "cool... no... thinking it twice... it's kidna weird... and possibly creepy..." I expressed as I followed everyone else. I was so excited... I suddenly heard a kid asking something to Raz about defeating Oleander... then I walked up to his side and looked at him, "is it true?!" I asked him... very excited.
 KingCheez
09-28-2005, 6:45 PM
Raz nodded, wary of the darkness, as they were lead into the deep recesses of his mind. The new boy fell to his knees, shouting in agony, as he was suddenly attacked from behind by several strange beings that came from the empty buildings. They were like giant spider-like beasts, pure black, pulling him away from the group.

"Children," said Jin, becoming very nervous, "run."

Raz escaped the crowd to look back at the boy being taken. He was taken into a skyscraper. Raz ran in, to see something more surprising than what he had seen before. It was a giant circus tent. "Wh-" Raz looked. All the black spiders transformed into performers and an audience.

"Now then, son," came a dark voice, sounding nothing like Jin's, "I want you to perform! We must be far better than the Aquatos!" The shadowy figure hit the new boy to the ground, where he got up and tried to run. He was sucked back to where he was, and was shoved onto a tightrope. He tried to control his balance, jumping down to the trapeze, onto a trampoline. He nearly cried in fear under his visor as he was flung around the circus.

"We will never, never be the best in the Big Top with that performance! You're no good at anything, son. I should've left you with your mother. You're a coward!" He struck his son down once again, and Jin appeared from nowhere next to Raz. Raz looked up at him, as time suddenly froze around them.

"Wandering is not a good idea when you are instructed otherwise. These buildings are all masks for your nightmares. This is where you may defeat them. Come on. Join the group." The new boy, Raz, and Jin were suddenly warped, and time began again in there like nothing had changed.

They were back in the group.

"Well then," said Jin. "As my fellow instructor just learned, these buildings are all masks for your worst nightmares. Go in them now. You must defeat your nightmares - though they can hurt you in your own mind, they cannot hurt you here." He slowly signaled them to each building.

write your own nightmares! And when everyone's done nightmare'ing, we'll continue on with the story.
 Max Hunter
09-28-2005, 7:02 PM
As I saw Raz, other kid, and Jin went in a building, I thought what was happening. But it wasn't long before they came back. As Jin said something about entering in a building. "err... ok..." I said kinda both excited and possibly scared. I didn't exactly know if I was really scared.... I didn't know what was my worst nightmare.

As I entered a building, everything turned black. I suddenly saw my parents... really happy and they were calling for me. I smiled and then ran at them... but I never made it to them. They disappeared and a shadowy figure was there instead. He was yelling at me... I suddenly fell to the floor and I was remembering all my hard moments when I was kidnapped. I wanted to cry... but I remembered I had to fight them. I didn't care now... I looked at the shadowy figure as I slowly rose from the floor.
 Purple Squid
09-28-2005, 7:18 PM
"Am I late?"

Gwen, an eleven year old girl, ran through the door to an empty Girl's Cabin.
"Alright... guess not."

She was the definition of brown. Brown clothes, brown skin, brown hair, brown eyes...
A purple bracelet.
She set her bag down and picked a bed, scribbling her name down on the board...
 KingCheez
09-28-2005, 7:28 PM
"Remember kids, ehhh, class is still going on at the campfire. Don't be late, this is important stuff, here, and...ah, if anyone's listening, just go." Oleander's voice rung around the conscious minds of camp.
 Max Hunter
09-28-2005, 7:31 PM
As I continued rising, the shadowy figure became silent. I stared at him and suddenly my right hand was surrounded by electricity. I always liked to call that ability 'electrokinesis'. I punched the figure and it broke into pieces. But as soon as I destroyed that figure... a lot mroe came and tried to harm me. Suddenly my whole body was surrounded by electricity. I shocked everything around me.

I kept like that until I destroyed all of the figures. I started to breathe fast and I calmed down... and suddenly a white line showed me a door. I was just about to open it and then I looked behind me. Only darkness. "mom... dad" I said as I slowly started to open the door and walking out. I saw that most of the kids were already in their own nightmares. I then saw Jin and walked up to him. "So... I finished with it... so I will just wait for the others?" I asked him.
 splitsecond
09-28-2005, 7:46 PM
Jake shuddered at the thought at confronting his own nightmare so many things happened to him he did'nt want to know what his worst nightmare was but his fear soon turned into curiosity. as he walked through the building everything became freezing cold he stoped a moment from the sudden tepurture change but kept moving as kept walking he saw somone coming towards him. "alright let's rock" Jake said to himself but when the person came into view he could clearly see it was himself.
 KingCheez
09-28-2005, 7:51 PM
Jin smirked. "Very good. Yes, we shall wait here-be careful, the last thing you want is to be taken into someone else's nightmare. Then you'll have another to defeat."

Vernon awoke in a normal world. This was how it always started. He had the perfect story to tell, and he wanted to shout it out loud. But it was a completely silent world. Not a sound was ever made.

He tried to write it out, but he could not. His arms melted, and disappeared. Vernon used his feet to write, but they melted too. Vernon tried so hard to scream. He had to beat this.

"STOOOOOOP!!!" came his dull screaming voice suddenly. The silence was broken. People around him began to carry on in conversation, cars passing by him made their silent passing noises. Everything was at peace, and he walked out of this false reality back into the lobby. He sat down next to Max, and smirked. Now he could be silent without fear. He could speak all he wanted on his own time."
 Purple Squid
09-28-2005, 7:58 PM
I can't take this. Sorry, Cheez.
 splitsecond
09-28-2005, 8:07 PM
"what is this a joke i'm not scared of myse-"Jakes sentence was cut short as his clone punched far back into a pile of snow he barely had time to react as 3 ice spikes flew at him. he rolled and dodged just in the nick off time "whats up with this i'm my worst nightmare" jake ran straight into the clone pummeling him with icy fists but it did'nt have any effect the clone then froze his legs "why am I trying to kill myself" the clone froze his waist "this does'nt make any sense" the clone started to freeze the rest of his body "unless... im scared of my powers destroying me" the clone stopped freezing him and the scenery changed it was now nice and sunny and the snow started to melt Jake's clone smiled then disapeared he saw Max and Vernon sitting next to Jin "heh I guess there some things that I dont know about myself"
 Max Hunter
09-28-2005, 8:15 PM
I saw Jake coming at us. "you can only enter your mind to exactly know everything about yourself... is it even possible to enter your own mind without help of something?" I asked to anyone around me. I sat down also and saw at the weird sky. Defeating your own nightamres is really weird... but the feeling after it is really good also.
 splitsecond
09-28-2005, 8:22 PM
"hmmm... I guess he's right you can't enter your own mind without the help of somone or something else"Jake thought about this "but I guess knowing yourself takes the fun out of everything"
 Yuine
10-03-2005, 6:34 PM
"Am I late?"

Gwen, an eleven year old girl, ran through the door to an empty Girl's Cabin.
"Alright... guess not."

She was the definition of brown. Brown clothes, brown skin, brown hair, brown eyes...
A purple bracelet.
She set her bag down and picked a bed, scribbling her name down on the board...
"Not as late as I am." Replied a silvery blue haired girl. "Hi I'm Renee." She said putting down her bag.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
I will describe Renee.

11 years old.

ocean blue eyes.

her hair is down to her waist when not put up in a braided bun.

She's a loner and dosen't get along well with others.

Her clothing is simple. a black tank top, black jeans with a brown med pack around the waist, a silver necklace shaped like a Cresent moon, with a saphire in the middle of it, and last ,but not least Black finger cut off gloves.
(ooc)I like black so sue me.

Purple Squid if you're still doing this then please reply to mine... if not then oh well.
 Purple Squid
10-03-2005, 8:36 PM
"Not as late as I am." Replied a silvery blue haired girl. "Hi I'm Renee." She said putting down her bag.
I will describe Renee.

11 years old.

ocean blue eyes.

her hair is down to her waist when not put up in a braided bun.

She's a loner and dosen't get along well with others.

Her clothing is simple. a black tank top, black jeans with a brown med pack around the waist, a silver necklace shaped like a Cresent moon, with a saphire in the middle of it, and last ,but not least Black finger cut off gloves.
(ooc)I like black so sue me.

Purple Squid if you're still doing this then please reply to mine... if not then oh well.

Gwen binked several times. "Um, hi? My name is...uh... Gwen?"

She took a thin book out of the bag and threw it against the bed, sighing nervously. "Hm, well, uh... Yeah. Are we the only girls, maybe?"

(Suppose I should describe her:
10 years old, brown hair, brown eyes, brown skin. A blue shirt and a brown skirt, a few cutesy animal pins everywhere, a few band-aids. Not exactly pretty, not exactly noticeable...)
 splitsecond
10-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Jake shivered he was starting to get cold again this always happend when something is about to go wrong but just shrugged it off "probably just from the nightmares" he thought
 KingCheez
10-03-2005, 11:09 PM
"Well," said Jin with a sheepish grin, "Tomorrow, first class in the morning, we will be fighting not our own nightmares, but the greatest nightmare of all. The rest of the day is free for social interaction, training, and playing."

The world slowly turned black, and for just a flash, a circus scene appeared.

As everyone awoke, Vernon walked towards the lodge. Raz headed back towards the lab to check in with Sasha, and the new boy walked towards the cabins slowly.
 Purple Squid
10-03-2005, 11:14 PM
Gwen slowly walked out of the cabin to look around, get used to the scenery, throw some rocks. At stuff. Maybe trees.
 Yuine
10-04-2005, 5:56 PM
Gwen slowly walked out of the cabin to look around, get used to the scenery, throw some rocks. At stuff. Maybe trees.
Renee watched her leave and sat down on her bed.

"These are much nicer than the ones at the orphange(sp?)" She thought to herself quietly.

Renee looked up and followed Gwen outside.

Renee looked at Gwen and replied to her question."I don't know if we're the only girls." Renee looked around and asked. "It's sure quiet here... isn't it?"

Just a thought... Maybe when we want someone to reply to our post then we should say Tag to whoever. It seems easier to follow along, but it's just a thought.
 Purple Squid
10-04-2005, 5:59 PM
Renee watched her leave and sat down on her bed.

"These are much nicer than the ones at the orphange(sp?)" She thought to herself quietly.

Renee looked up and followed Gwen outside.

Renee looked at Gwen and replied to her question."I don't know if we're the only girls." Renee looked around and asked. "It's sure quiet here... isn't it?"

Just a thought... Maybe when we want someone to reply to our post then we should say Tag to whoever. It seems easier to follow along, but it's just a thought.

Gwen picked up a small pebble, attempting to TK it but failing miserably.

"Hm? Oh... I guess so. Um, do you know, maybe, uh, where we're supposed to be going...next...maybe? Like, classes?"
 Sokolov
10-04-2005, 9:37 PM
If one had listened closely, they would have heard the sound of the Vespa speeding up the long road to Whispering Rock. They may even have smelled the distinct blue exhaust the thing put out, since the wind was from the south today. Everyone seemed occupied with camp, however, and the exciting new mental experience some had just endured. The Vespa made it in unnoticed, just as the rider had hoped. Being detected wasn't in his plans just yet.

"They should hire a guard or something. It is WAY too easy to sneak into this place," referencing Razputin's entrance of a previous summer to himself.

Getting quickly down to business once his red motorbike had been safely tucked into an empty parking space (the best place to hide something is in plain sight, after all), he slung his camera bag over his shoulder and his olive green pack onto his back. He made his way to the cabins, knowing their location from a convienient map he studied over. It was on the last page of everyone's journal, after all.

He was several years older than most of the campers. His name was Sokolov, or at least that's what he would tell anyone who asked. This was his favourite alias and had never let him down. Sokolov was a whiz photographer, having been involved in the hobby for several years. He came to Whispering Rock not just because of the beautiful scenery, but because of the emotion. He was an empath (no one else knew this) and he could easily read and manipulate the emotions of others. His favourite way of doing this was, of course, through the photographic image.
 Purple Squid
10-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Gwen, after gracefully tripping over her own foot, swiveled around.

"Um, is there a new kid? Or is he a teacher?"
 Sokolov
10-05-2005, 12:08 PM
*Click*

After quicky snapping a picture of Gwen, Sokolov answered the querey:

"Neither."
 Purple Squid
10-05-2005, 4:17 PM
"Ah, woah," Gwen attempted to cover her face a bit too late, waving her hand frantically in front of her nose. "So, uh, what are you doing here? Taking pictures...?"
 splitsecond
10-05-2005, 4:26 PM
"now what should I do now" Jake thought to himself. he saw Gwen and Renee he decided to go say hi
 Yuine
10-05-2005, 5:32 PM
"Incomming" Renee said as she saw Jake walk towards them. Trying to avoid the newcommer and Gwen's questions Renee quickly slipped inside the girl's cabin, leaving Gwen to deal with the boy.

Renee looked around and sighed. Sitting down on her bed she took out a locket with a tigereye stone on it.

"Mother... Father... why did you leave me at that horrible orphanage(sp)? Why?" Renee thought hatefully
I forgot to mention the Renee has three scars on the left side of her chin.
 Yuine
10-05-2005, 5:33 PM
Sorry forgot to say tag to anyone. It dosen't matter who posts to that post.
 Purple Squid
10-05-2005, 5:36 PM
Gwen tilted her head in Renee's direction, then turned back to Sokolov, desperately wishing he hadn't taken that picture. Her face was flushing, she could feel it... and great. ANOTHER kid coming to talk to her while she stuttered and tripped...
 splitsecond
10-05-2005, 5:42 PM
"uhhh...are you okay?" Jake asked as he reached out a hand to help her up
 Purple Squid
10-05-2005, 5:46 PM
"Ha! Help? No, nonononono. I'm fine! Just fine! Right as rain! Peachy keen? Yeah!"

She stood up and dusted herself off quickly, pushing the band-aid on her knee down some and smiling awkwardly.

"This guy here was just... taking some pictures!"
 splitsecond
10-05-2005, 6:14 PM
"hey Sokolov uhhhh... whats the pictures for" Jake asked this as he put his hands in his pockets
 Purple Squid
10-05-2005, 6:18 PM
Gwen slapped herself in the forehead. She made it sound so dirty... so stupid!

(I suppose Gwen tag Sokolov/Jake)
 KingCheez
10-05-2005, 6:33 PM
Razputin became visible again just behind Sokolov, and tapped his shoulder.

"Hey, pal", he smirked, "you got a reservation?"

~Razputin tag Sokolov~

Vernon went to the scene of the action, where Gwen and Jake were. "Heeeyyyy, home-people-boys..." said the dull, boring Vernon. "You guys remind me of a story. It's about these two people who went on to Lake Oblongata after the Lungfish was gone, and, uhh..." He cut himself off before anyone else could.
 Purple Squid
10-05-2005, 6:40 PM
"Um... hi. What's your... uh... name?"

Gwen wiped her forehead, anxious around all of the people.
 KingCheez
10-05-2005, 6:43 PM
"Um," said Vernon, "my name is Vernon. Did some guy come through here with a camera? I need to tell him my story. He just took a picture of me and left. It reminded me of school picture day. My friends put a plastic rat and gum in my hair and drew on my face while I fell asleep in class. So my dad got really mad because I had a mustache, whiskers, fake goatee, and stuff, and he was mad at me. And you know what? Even though I bathed in motor oil, my hair was never gum-free. That's why I wear this hat! I have more stories. But I need to tell the camera-man that."
 splitsecond
10-05-2005, 6:52 PM
"errr...hi vernon" Jake said trying to seem friendly
Page: 1 of 5