Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Psychonauts: A Great Year at WR RP topic (Read rules!)

Page: 2 of 5
 Purple Squid
10-05-2005, 7:12 PM
"Um," said Vernon, "my name is Vernon. Did some guy come through here with a camera? I need to tell him my story. He just took a picture of me and left. It reminded me of school picture day. My friends put a plastic rat and gum in my hair and drew on my face while I fell asleep in class. So my dad got really mad because I had a mustache, whiskers, fake goatee, and stuff, and he was mad at me. And you know what? Even though I bathed in motor oil, my hair was never gum-free. That's why I wear this hat! I have more stories. But I need to tell the camera-man that."

"His name is... what? I think it was... I don't know. Anyway, yeah. He's nearby...uh, yeah. Oh! By the way, my name is Gwen."

She sighed wistfully.

"So, uh, why do you need to tell him a story?"

(Tag Vernon)
 splitsecond
10-05-2005, 7:48 PM
Jake heard his stomach growl so he decided to goto the lodge and get somthing to eat "hopefully they have some good food here" he said thinking out loud
 Sokolov
10-05-2005, 8:12 PM
"Huh?"

Sokolov snapped back into reality at Raz's question, taking in the small croud that had gathered around him.

"Sorry. My name is Sokolov and I'm sorry my friend but no, I don't have a reservation. I am with the magazine "EverythingthatendswithNauts". We cover organizations that consider themselves explorers, Nauts so to speak. I was very happy to hear of your organization here and hoped it would be OK to take a few pictures for our readers. Would this be a problem with you... I'm sorry, what was your name?" Sokolov said, lying about his identity.

He awaited Razputin's reply as he marveled at the various campers and how unique each one was.

(I'm making this up as I go along, just work with it, me peeps!)
 Purple Squid
10-05-2005, 8:30 PM
"Um, so, Sokolov, does that mean you're going to put that picture of me in there?" Gwen looked up at him anxiously and kicked the dirt.

(tag Sokolov)
 Sokolov
10-05-2005, 8:57 PM
"Uh, of course! That's why I am here, after all. Everyone here looks like prime " 'Nauts" material. Hmm... what would you suggest I should do at this camp, to get the best and most complete impression of it? ...For the readers, of course... Can I meet some counselors? Take a class? Dive into everyone's head and see what emotions are REALLY inside there...???"
 splitsecond
10-05-2005, 9:03 PM
just coming from the lodge Jake went back to the cabin with a burger in hand he noticed a kid with silver glasses was in there "hey what's your name" he said as he took a another bite of his burger
(tag.....uh that kid)
 Purple Squid
10-06-2005, 5:38 AM
"Uh, of course! That's why I am here, after all. Everyone here looks like prime " 'Nauts" material. Hmm... what would you suggest I should do at this camp, to get the best and most complete impression of it? ...For the readers, of course... Can I meet some counselors? Take a class? Dive into everyone's head and see what emotions are REALLY inside there...???"

"Maybe if you... well, I'm sure the counselors wouldn't mind if you interviewed them. I don't know about classes... I haven't been to one yet, and... wait, what was that last part?"
 Sokolov
10-06-2005, 10:43 AM
"Maybe if you... well, I'm sure the counselors wouldn't mind if you interviewed them. I don't know about classes... I haven't been to one yet, and... wait, what was that last part?"
"Uh, nothing! So... I've heard a lot about this place. Is it true that you guys are all real psychics? Can you bend spoons?
 Purple Squid
10-06-2005, 11:52 AM
"Uh, nothing! So... I've heard a lot about this place. Is it true that you guys are all real psychics? Can you bend spoons?
"I can bend a fork. Does that count?" Her mouth twitched. "Uh, I guess that's why I'm here... I'm not very good at 'psychic stuff'."
 Yuine
10-06-2005, 5:42 PM
"Huh?"

Sokolov snapped back into reality at Raz's question, taking in the small croud that had gathered around him.

"Sorry. My name is Sokolov and I'm sorry my friend but no, I don't have a reservation. I am with the magazine "EverythingthatendswithNauts". We cover organizations that consider themselves explorers, Nauts so to speak. I was very happy to hear of your organization here and hoped it would be OK to take a few pictures for our readers. Would this be a problem with you... I'm sorry, what was your name?" Sokolov said, lying about his identity.

He awaited Razputin's reply as he marveled at the various campers and how unique each one was.

(I'm making this up as I go along, just work with it, me peeps!)

Renne put the locket away and walked over to the window.

Overhearing what Sokolov Renee made a mental note. "Stay away form the guy with the camera... if he takes a picture of you throw the danm thing in the lake!"

Renee then noticed Razputin. Renee sighed."I guess I better go back outside and if that Sokolov guy takes a picture... bye bye camera."

Renee slowly opened the door waiting for some response.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
tag to anyone!
 Purple Squid
10-06-2005, 5:55 PM
Renne put the locket away and walked over to the window.

Overhearing what Sokolov Renee made a mental note. "Stay away form the guy with the camera... if he takes a picture of you throw the danm in the lake!"

Renee then noticed Razputin. Renee sighed."I guess I better go back outside and if that Sokolov guy takes a picture... bye bye camera."

Renee slowly opened the door waiting for some response.

tag to anyone!

"Uh, hi, Renee. I was talking to Sokolov here... he's taking pictures for a thing. He's... maybe going to take a class. Maybe. I mean, if the counselors want to let him... unless he doesn't want to, then he wont take one, I guess..."
Gwen's face was red as she stood next to Sokolov, rambling on about nothing...
 splitsecond
10-06-2005, 6:44 PM
it seemed the kid did'nt want to be bothered Jake shrugged finished his food took an ipod out of his bag and drifted to sleep listening to to some Bethoven (it always semmed to relax him)
 Yuine
10-06-2005, 7:32 PM
"Uh, hi, Renee. I was talking to Sokolov here... he's taking pictures for a thing. He's... maybe going to take a class. Maybe. I mean, if the counselors want to let him... unless he doesn't want to, then he wont take one, I guess..."
Gwen's face was red as she stood next to Sokolov, rambling on about nothing...
"I can tell he's taking pictures." Renee said venemously.

Renee smiled and walked over to Sokolov and whispered into his ear."If you take a picture of me then I'll your camers throw into the lake."

Renee stepped away from Sokolov and waited for his reply.

Tag to Sokolov!
 Sokolov
10-06-2005, 8:53 PM
"Oh, but dear. I've already taken several when you weren't looking! Just kidding..."

Sokolov then asked if there were anymore classes today.
 Purple Squid
10-06-2005, 8:56 PM
Gwen, after rubbing her eyes, shifted her gaze up to Sokolov.

"No, I dun' think so... There's one first thing tomorrow, the counselor says... he's creepy. I haven't talked to him, but I'm already a little afraid..."
 splitsecond
10-06-2005, 8:57 PM
Jake woke up in a cold sweat "stupid dreams" Jake got up threw his ipod in his bag and walked outside suprised that everyone was still standing there "must been out for a couple seconds" Jake walked over to them just to hear there conversation
 KingCheez
10-06-2005, 8:58 PM
Razputin smirked. "Well, according to Sasha, this is a top-secret government facility." He held the camera in his mind's hand. "Trust me. I've tried breaking in. You can have the camera back when we've extracted the film-all of it. You never got a warrant."

Vernon, meanwhile, looked over to Gwen and shrugged, and poked Sokolov eagerly. "Hey. Hey. Old guy. Listen to my story. One time, on picture day, my friends put a plastic rat and gum in my hair and drew on my face while I fell asleep in class. So my dad got really mad because I had a mustache, whiskers, fake goatee, and stuff, and he was mad at me. And you know what? Even though I bathed in motor oil, my hair was never gum-free. That's why I wear this hat!

Just then, a shout came across the loudspeakers, and panting noises, and sudden silence. The radio had been moved to the wilderness outside the GPC, just where class took place. Raz dropped the camera and flung himself towards the GPC on his thought ball. Vernon followed.

Jin had fallen unconscious, and slid away from the radio, a cracked open mint mocha and general disorder by his side.

Vernon looked at him, and shuddered. "I think he got - attacked, but not by the bear. Definitely not the lungfish. It was big and black. Like a cloak, and-"

Raz gasped. He headed towards the speaker. "Everyone!" came his voice, over the speaker. "Come to Jin's class, right away! This is urgent!"

He waited for everyone to arrive.
 splitsecond
10-06-2005, 9:06 PM
Jake did'nt waste any time he sprinted to Jin's classroom only to see Raz and Vernon kneeling over Jin's body "well that put ny suspesions to rest" Jake thought to himself
 Purple Squid
10-06-2005, 9:07 PM
Gwen followed, her normally panicky-personality dead. She had started sweating... and maybe wanted a hug. She waited for a few of the other students to pass her before running. Being in front means being the first person to see...
 Sokolov
10-06-2005, 9:41 PM
Knowing that a warrant was usually applied to arrests and searches (not to mention it was an 80s band), Sokolov quickly followed the rest to the site of Jin's motionless form.
 KingCheez
10-06-2005, 9:51 PM
Raz produced a Psycho-Portal from his pocket, but he looked at Jin's forehead. The portal was still on, the door halfway open. "A mental leak," he said. His goggles flipped down onto his eyes. "We're going in." He pulled open the door, falling over, Vernon also, while the new boy wandered near, sucked in.

"Why are we here?" asked Vernon.

"Well," said Raz, "Jin's lost control of his mind to one of his nightmares. Before he can do anything truly bad, we have to deal with his inner psyche. Then we can work on things campside."

He bashed open a door, the very door to their worst nightmare, and gasped in shock. He forced himself to close his eyes and shove the door open. Thousands of bodies were strewn all around, blood all over, giant spiders feasting on what had not already rotted, huge insects scuttled all around.

The new boy shoved Razputin out of the way and stood in the room. "I gotta find Dad...He's here. He's here. I know it. This is his nightmare. He told me." He flung himself through several doorways.

"Wait! Wait, hold on!" Raz followed after him, stopping at a disgusting sight. It was the same hallway into the Meat Circus. "Everyone? Things are about to get very, very weird." He stood at a tent, minus a Little Oly. He headed towards the top of the Big Top. "Everyone, hurry on up!"
 Purple Squid
10-06-2005, 9:54 PM
Gwen, who could have possibly been having a heart attack at the time, followed Raz through the tent... agreeing with the weird part. She hadn't planned her first mind-trip to be like this, but whatever gets points...

Great. Now she was nauseous.
 Sokolov
10-06-2005, 9:58 PM
"Hmm..." Sokolov mused as he watched others astrally project themselves into Jin's mind. He gave it a try, and soon saw himself watching the campers enter the Big Top Tent.
 Purple Squid
10-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Gwen looked back at Sokolov. She hadn't expected him to come... and, she hated to admit it, she was happy he did. Nicest person she'd met so far...
 splitsecond
10-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Jake followed Raz into the big top tent finally some action he said as he froze a spider that was casing him.
 KingCheez
10-06-2005, 10:13 PM
Vernon crossed the tent, and they headed through another open doorway, suddenly stopped, and shook. It was a giant crater straight down to the bottom of the earth. He swallowed all the courage he had left, and prepared to dive down after the new boy, and Jin.
 Sokolov
10-06-2005, 10:17 PM
Sokolov took himself and his astrally-projected camera through the tent and to the crater...
 splitsecond
10-06-2005, 10:18 PM
Jake saw Vernon and the crater "don't worry Vernon were in a mind it's not like anything can hurt us" then he tripped over a rock and fell "ow!!...wait that hurt !!" all of Jake's courage left him as he was hit with this new reality.
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 6:25 AM
Things could hurt her in here? She hadn't thought about that... Well, she couldn't be more careful than she already was, but Gwen decided she DEFINATELY didn't want to get smacked in the face with a new reality. Like Jake. Because that would suck. To the max.

She followed Vernon into the crater, holding her skirt to keep it from flying up... modesty is difficult.
 splitsecond
10-07-2005, 5:19 PM
Jake got up and took a deep breath "ok ok I need to gather myself I can do this" Jake saw everyone jump down in the crater "well since we can get hurt I better not take any chances" Jake summend his levitation ball and used it to gently float down the crater
 Yuine
10-07-2005, 5:43 PM
Sorry i'm late. This is after everyone is in Jin's class
Renee ran with Gwen in to the tent and followed her through the big top.

Renee ran past Gwen, soon a crater appeared and without waiting for any of her friends, Renee jumped in to the crater.

"If Jin lost control to his nightmare then... could I?" Renee asked herself while falling through the carter.

Yessssssss. a voice in her head replied as she summoned a levitation ball as she was reaching the bottom of the crater.

Renee shook her head and listened for the voice, but none was heard. "Great... now I'm hearing things." She thought sourly reaching the bottom of the crater.
once again sorry I'm late.
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 5:51 PM
Sorry i'm late. This is after everyone is in Jin's class
Renee ran with Gwen in to the tent and followed her through the big top.

Renee ran past Gwen, soon a crater appeared and without waiting for any of her friends, Renee jumped in to the crater.

"If Jin lost control to his nightmare then... could I?" Renee asked herself while falling through the carter.

Yessssssss. a voice in her head replied as she summoned a levitation ball as she was reaching the bottom of the crater.

Renee shook her head and listened for the voice, but none was heard. "Great... now I'm hearing things." She thought sourly reaching the bottom of the crater.
once again sorry I'm late.

Gwen hit the ground with a thud. She pulled her face out of the ground and brushed her short hair out of her eyes. She looked over to see Renee, and Gwen was a bit jealous. Renee seemed to be ready for whatever came, and here Gwen was... eating dirt. Even VERNON was more take charge than her, and he just finished talking about his moustache...

"So, hey Renee... we're just... saving Jin's mind right now. I guess. Not sure what's next..."
 splitsecond
10-07-2005, 6:09 PM
Jake landed next to Gwen who seemed to forget about the levitation ball "wow i'm suprised nothings broken" Jake said this while checking around for any dangers when he did'nt find any he asked "hey where is Raz"
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 6:14 PM
...she certainly had forgotten about the levitation ball. But it didn't matter, she wasn't that good at it yet, anyway.

"I'm surprised nothing's broken, too... usually my bones hurt whenever they get the chance... as for Raz, uh, did he go up ahead, maybe?"
 splitsecond
10-07-2005, 6:16 PM
Jake saw three small dark hallways that appeared out of nowhere "I vote for not splitting up" he said as a growl came from one of the tunnels
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 6:21 PM
"...Agreed."

I may not be the best with common sense, Gwen thought bitterly, But I'm not a total moron.
 Yuine
10-07-2005, 6:36 PM
Gwen hit the ground with a thud. She pulled her face out of the ground and brushed her short hair out of her eyes. She looked over to see Renee, and Gwen was a bit jealous. Renee seemed to be ready for whatever came, and here Gwen was... eating dirt. Even VERNON was more take charge than her, and he just finished talking about his moustache...

"So, hey Renee... we're just... saving Jin's mind right now. I guess. Not sure what's next..." "Neither am I." Renee hissed now noticing the three hallways.
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 6:41 PM
"What do we do now? Wait for something?"
 Yuine
10-07-2005, 6:53 PM
"We have to wait for Raz, but if something comes out of those hallways we have to fight it the best we can." Renee said putting a hand on her head.

"I have to protect them the best I can... if I can't protect them... then I shouldn't become a Psychonaut." Renne silently quoted to herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
Tag to Gwen or Jake!
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 6:55 PM
Gwen coughed into her fist.

"Well, I may have a problem with the fighting thing..."
 splitsecond
10-07-2005, 6:58 PM
Jake looked at her "heh that makes two of us" Jake stepped closer to the tunnels a bit "hey do you guys here that"
 Yuine
10-07-2005, 6:59 PM
"Then stand back and I'll protect you!" Renee yelled as something was starting to form from the hallways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~ Tag to Gwen or Jake!
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 6:59 PM
Happy for a change-of-subject, Gwen perked her ears. "Hear what now?"
 splitsecond
10-07-2005, 7:01 PM
a huge spider emege from the middle hallway "I got it" yelled Jake as he ran at the beast but it knocked to the side before he could do any damage "I don't got it" he screamed as he hit the wall
 Yuine
10-07-2005, 7:03 PM
"What on Earth?" Renee began to ask, but something black came out of the hallways and smashed her against the wall of the crater.

"Ahhh!!!" Renee cried in pain. as the creature was digging it's claws in to her shoulders.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
Tag to Gwen or Jake.
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 7:09 PM
Gwen was frozen. Two people had gone down, and she was the only one who could do something...

"Hey guys?! You okay?! Because, uh, I REALLY CAN'T DO ANYTHING!"

She thought she could possibly get close enough to Renee, but she wasn't so sure she could help Jake, if he even needed her help... she couldn't shoot or anything.

"I CAME TO THIS PLACE TO FREAKING LEARN!"

"AND I HATE SPIDERS!"
 Yuine
10-07-2005, 7:20 PM
Flashes of the orphanage came back to her.

Flashback

All of her friends were laughing at her... one of them looked at Renee with pity and then a gunshot was heard. The one that was looking at her layed on the ground in a pool of her own blood.

"Sorcina!"Renee cried as she ran over to her friend.

Sorcina stared at Renee with what were now dull grey eyes.

"Renee... gasp... you're... powers... are... what... make... gasp... better... than...anyone." Sorcina Gasped and then died.

"No... Sorcina... y-you can't die! Not yet... No Sorcina... SORCINAAAAA!!!" Renee screamed.

End flashback
"SORCINAAAA!!!"Renee secramed as a blinding white light surrounded her. The spider was thrown against the crater wall.
Tag to anyone.
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 7:32 PM
Gwen, who had been on the verge of tears before, cast a look at Renee... Sorcina? Who...?

She couldn't think about that now. She had to be ANGRY. She had to... focus? On what? Anger? She could focus it and magnify it... and...

BLAM! A horribly aimed psi-blast was shot in the general direction of the spider. "What the hell was that?!"
 Yuine
10-07-2005, 7:35 PM
Gwen, who had been on the verge of tears before, cast a look at Renee... Sorcina? Who...?

She couldn't think about that now. She had to be ANGRY. She had to... focus? On what? Anger? She could focus it and magnify it... and...

BLAM! A horribly aimed psi-blast was shot in the general direction of the spider. "What the hell was that?!"
Renee slid down the crater wall and looked up to see that Gwen had shot something out of her head.

"WTF!?" Renee cried in shock. "Gwen what the hell was that and what did you do to that spider?" She asked struggling to stand.
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 7:37 PM
"Seriously! WTF?!"

She wasn't quite sure herself, but she realised the blast could hurt stuff. Stuff with eight legs. Stuff that was charging towards Renee in a fit of icky, spidery, revengey rage.
Page: 2 of 5