Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[Spoiler]STAR WARS KOTOR PATTERN!!!!!(PLEASE READ)

Page: 1 of 1
 John Skywalker
09-23-2005, 12:13 PM
have you noticed the patern between kotOR and star wars episodes 1,2 and 3 if not den let me run through it(im only referring to the light side endings)
EPISODE 1:ends with a celebration kotOR 1:ends with a celebration

EPISODE 2:A battle is won but there is still fighting to do is wot the message delivers at the ending of this film

KotOR 2:it gives you the same message like in episode 2

do any of you feel the same on this subject?
if the pattern is correct then we are looking at a big sith war with the sith winning if you end the game as the darkside an i think you should be able to still explore after you seen the ending it would be better that way
 RobQel-Droma
09-23-2005, 12:20 PM
I hope your saying that will be the ending for just the darkside. Because actually, that could be true, I mean look at it this way for the dark side and light side ending in KOTOR III-
Episode I/KOTOR - Celebration
Episode II/KOTOR II- Battle won, but big war just beginning
Episode III/KOTOR III- Sith supremacy

And, following up on your idea, then the light side ending would be like this pattern in episodes 4-6:
Episode IV/KOTOR-Celebration
Episode V/KOTOR II-just like episode II kind of
Episode VI/KOTOR III- sith defeated and huge celebration
 TheGreenGoblin
09-23-2005, 12:28 PM
IMO, KoTOR LS is more akin to the Original Trilogy than the Prequel Trilogy.

I also doubt we'll be seeing a new Sith empire rising, all timelines and established expanded universe make no mention of a Sith empire in between this time and around the Battle of Ruusan (sp?) If one does rise up, it'll be short-lived.
 John Skywalker
09-23-2005, 12:29 PM
i couldnt have put it better myself robqel now i am certain there is a pattern an KOTOR 3 will end like either return of the jedi/episode 3 light/dark
 KenobiChronicle
09-23-2005, 12:43 PM
KoToR Takes place 4,000 Years Before Episode 1. It says it on the KoToR site.
 RobQel-Droma
09-23-2005, 12:46 PM

What exactly do you mean or what are trying to get across?
 Vibro
09-23-2005, 12:47 PM

I think they're just stating the similarities between the games and the films.
 RobQel-Droma
09-23-2005, 12:48 PM
I think they're just stating the similarities between the games and the films.

Yeah, were just talking about the pattern between them.
 Darth InSidious
09-23-2005, 12:55 PM
I think they mean that knowledge of such an empire might be lost in the mists of time, and so it COULD have risen up...
 TheGreenGoblin
09-23-2005, 12:57 PM
Possibly, but that's why I said it must have been short-lived, since something spanning several hundred years (possibly a thousand) would have to have been recorded down.
 John Skywalker
09-23-2005, 1:03 PM
yeah green goblin your correct that the endin of the sith empire rising would be short lived if there was such an ending then wed have to see kotor 4 to wrap it up
 RobQel-Droma
09-23-2005, 1:04 PM
Yeah, I didn't think about that Green Goblin. But then again, it could be in the unknown regions where no one would have known about. Even when it is defeated, it could be that hardly anybody knew what happened because you and a few others were the only ones there, maybe with a few soldiers and jedi, along with your party members and Revan and the Exile. You could be the ones who defeated it, while the rest of the galaxy has no idea what you did.
 Darth InSidious
09-23-2005, 1:28 PM
I'm not so sure, GG, I mean, Lord Kaan must have built on something. Anyhow, it's already been proven that Jedi and Republic archives are inaccurate at times, and have been wilfully changed before...
 Vladimir-Vlada
09-23-2005, 3:13 PM
I think they mean that knowledge of such an empire might be lost in the mists of time, and so it COULD have risen up...
Yeah! That's how KOTOR 3 begins in my book.
 fresnosmokey02
09-23-2005, 3:42 PM
Remember the Empire under Palpatine only lasted for about 20 yrs. The Empire does last longer in the EU, but not under Palpatine and it is steadily shrinking. So it is very possible to have a short lived Sith Empire. And when you are talking about four thousand years, a couple of decades is less than a blink of an eye.

In K1 in one of the sith tombs on Korriban, doesn't Carth say something about the sith having no staying power?
 RedHawke
09-24-2005, 1:34 AM
Possibly, but that's why I said it must have been short-lived, since something spanning several hundred years (possibly a thousand) would have to have been recorded down.
True, but only after the storyline was created and published... then it would be added to the EU timeline. ;)
 Jeff
09-25-2005, 7:44 PM
i couldnt have put it better myself robqel now i am certain there is a pattern an KOTOR 3 will end like either return of the jedi/episode 3 light/darkWell, those LS/DS endings are just a bit 'generic.' Not to take anything away from the movies, but a big celebration for defeating the sith or the Jedi will be in hiding from the sith would probably be what would happen for LS/DS endings even if it didn't happen in the movies. But that's just my opinion.

And John, don't steal other people's things, like avatars. It's not nice. And not to mention it's against forum rules.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
09-26-2005, 1:02 AM
What if a short lived Sith empire, evolved into the modern republic, with it's early days simply sugercoated by historians?

Unless there is a concrete start of the prequels republic

But it's entirely possible that something from before the split of jedi and sith is plotting an all out war, playing Jedi, republic, Sith, and mandalorians against each other to weaken the galaxy in preparation.
 John Skywalker
09-26-2005, 12:07 PM
soz darth moellor i jus love anakin and i cant find a small enough pic if u want ill take it down
 Dark_lord_Cheez
10-04-2005, 3:52 PM
Here's something to wrap your minds around:

Endings:

Episode IV: A new hope - Ends in celebration after defeat of a sith tyrant's space station is destroyed, and the last hope of the Republic (luke) is a hero.

Episode I: The Phantom Menace - Ends in celbration after the death of a sith, and a child prodigy (anakin) becomes a hero.

Knights of the old Republic - (LS) Ends in celebration after the death of a sith tyrant and destruction of his space station, and the last hope for the Republic (revan, the prodigal knight) becomes a hero.

Episode V: Empire Strikes Back - Ends with a feeling of an impending battle, as the millenium falcon flies off towards the stars in search of its former owner (han solo).

Episode II: Attack of the Clones - Ends with a similar feeling as it becomes very apparent that a war is brewing, the enemy is still out there and manipulating the events in the galaxy at a distance (the emporer has control of the clone army, and is slowly trying to lure anakin to darkness)

Knights II: The Sith Lords - (LS) Ends with the exile knowing that a war is coming, the enemy is out there, and they are manipulating events in the galaxy so that they can take over. The exile then boards the Ebon Hawk and takes off towards the stars in order to find the former owner of the hawk (revan).

Beginnings:

Episode IV - Begins with a space battle between a Republic ship and an Imperial one, stormtroopers board the Republic ship and an escape pod is launched containing the heros of the story, and crash lands on the planet below.

Episode I - Begins with the two jedi on board (qui-gon and obi-wan) fighting their way through the ship and eventually escaping to the planet below.

K1 - Begins on a Republic ship led by a small band of jedi (bastila and the other jedi that boarded the ship) under attack by a sith fleet. The ship becomes boarded by sith troopers and dark jedi. One jedi (bastila) escapes to the planet below, as the hero of the story (revan) makes it to an escape pod, and crash lands on the planet below.

Episode V - begins with the main hero (luke) about to die in the harsh cold of the planet hoth, who is inevitably saved through the use of a (kolto?) tank.

Episode II - begins with an assassination attempt on one of the main characters (padme) as a ship in which they were on is attacked, the target survives.

K2: TSL - Begins with an assassination attempt on the exile, the ship in which they were on (the harbinger) is boarded and attacked, but the exile makes it onto the ebon hawk (in which is also attacked). The exile is in extreme need of medical attention due to the attacks, and is only healed through the use of a kolto tank.

and now points of interest:

Episode IV:

*Planet destroyed, countless die
*Main character trains to be a jedi
*The main character's ship is pulled into the grasp of the enemy, with the heros on board
*The space station used by the villan is destroyed durring a space battle
*The main characters are heros

Episode I:

*A prodigy is found by a jedi who isn't on the council despite their skill
*The outcome of a race determines if the heros are able to leave a planet they are stranded on
*A sith apprentice is sent as an assassin against the heros
*A sith apprentice is killed shortly before a victory festival ensues

Kotor: (same as all of the ones above)

Episode V:

*The objective is to hide from those trying to kill you (vader and the empire), and for the main hero learn the greater mysteries of the force (luke learning from yoda)

Kotor II - the same thing as above (I got tired and couldn't think of anything for Episode II off the top of my head)

There probably is more, I was just referring to ones I could think of right off of my head
 Ztalker
10-09-2005, 10:05 AM
Lucasarts always builds movies etc. in Trilogy's.

Movies:
Starwars 4-6
Indiana Jones 1-3
Starwars 1-3

Games:

Jedi knight Dark Forces
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy

Further explanation:
Starwars Episode 4 is an intro to episode 5 and 6. Remember, Gerorge had it all in his mind. He planned the movies to be this way. Anyhow, Episode 4 introduces the good and Evil Jedi, and the intro of the conflict. Episode 5 Feautures real beginning of the fight, episode 6 concludes the fight.

Episode 1 introduces the jedi again (remember, no-one have ever seen the jedi council since they were dead in 4-6), and introduces the Evil jedi too.
Episode 2 is the beginning of the fight, and episode 3 concludes.

It's just the same in Kotor.
In k1 the universe was in relatively peace. Although the Sith where striking, it was clean war. Remember Taris? Just occupied, nothing more. (Malak really 'cleaned' it though). At the end, the jedi are being attacked by the sith fleet, causing the Jedi to jumo into the war.
K2 featured a new PC. Via storys and conversations you learn what happened after k1. The War turned out to be messy. The Sith where bombing and destroying everything in there path now.
What K3 should be:
A Direct war with the true Sith.
What does that mean:
-Deseperate need for jedi
-Battled on large scale, since the Sith are growing even stronger
-An Epic end, becasue we all saw the Academy in K2. How many Sith were training there? They all need to be killed, because we are stuck with the movies. In Episode 1 Yoda says The Sith haven't been seen for over a millenium. This means we already know the end of K3. We know Yoda is like a Millenium old in ep 1, so he must have witnessed the last remnants of the war. We also know the republic stood for 10.000 years, so the Sith will not conquer it. Seen the large numer of Jedi in ep1, the jedi must have been doing well too. So the Jedi Order will nog be destroyed in K3.

To say in short terms: K3 plot is already known
 Rok_stoned
10-14-2005, 6:18 PM
this happens in moststuff when you think about it: first one is conclusive second one is a cliff hangar third is an ultiate conclusion
 MrVorlon
10-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Maybe KOTOR 3 will be like LOTR:Return of The King? Your PC will be the ultimate consular. He will mediate between the most influencial powers within the fragmented Republic. He will bring them together for a last ditch effort against the "True Sith."

Sort of like in Return of the Jedi. All the Rebels come together for one last effort against the Empire. Except in KOTOR3 it will be the Return of the Jedis.
 JediMaster12
10-20-2005, 4:57 PM
I did notice the pattern but what distracts me is the gameplay itself because I JUST LIKE PLAYING IT! Still I would like to see how KOTOR III would end
 SITHSLAYER133
10-20-2005, 6:02 PM
Revan = anikan they are both the same sorta
 RobQel-Droma
10-20-2005, 7:41 PM
Yeah, it is already kind of obvious what the general plot will be, just not the details. And Revan and Anakin are kind of the same, except Vader wasn't saved and mindwiped when he was redeemed.

And I like the LOTR: ROTK idea, that would be cool if you had to gather the Jedi, the Republic, and other systems to make an alliance to fight against the Sith.

I pretty much agree with the rest of you; In fact, sometimes it is almost like some of you guys could have just said "I agree" rather that typing up a huge long thing :D-pretty much you have just been saying the same thing, just a little bit differently. Man, Dark_Lord_Cheez, did your fingers hurt after that one post you had? It took me a while to read it :lol:.
Page: 1 of 1