Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A detailed list of the Heros/Jedi from OPM for BF II!

Page: 2 of 3
 zerted
09-12-2005, 7:57 PM
Clones are not one with the force.
 DarthMuffin
09-12-2005, 8:04 PM
There's better ways or rewarding players than having them compete with their own team to get the Jedi. Really, that's not encouraging teamwork at all - it's encouraging players to whore the tanks to get more kills than everyone else, or even playing as crappy as possible (the server owner can even set it so the worst player gets the Jedi, like a handicap).

Look at BF2 for example: you can advance through ranks, unlock weapons, earn awards and medals, etc. and gain command over lower-ranking players through combat and teamwork. And this stuff is permanent; it doesn't just go away when the life bar is drained.

I have to agree with you here. I think the system in Bfield 2 is quite simply awesome. It would surely improve Bfront if we could have something similar.

And personally, I think that in a military game, you should be rewarded like you would in the military. I mean, when was the last time a Clone Trooper was promoted by making him a Jedi?

Like MachineCult said.

About the general debate we had :

For our own sanity, I'll leave it there. This is due to 2 things :

1. We could likely persue this arguments-throwing contest for days, because both you and I have deeply entrenched viewpoints and we stick to our ideas (which is good).
2. You have to admit that the quality of the debate deteriorated over the last posts. You stick to the website, I stick to the book; that's it.

That surely doesn't mean I accept your opinions as true, however. I just think we're going nowhere, and it's pointless to continue. Whatever I quote from the book, you'll just stick to your organizations thing from website.

To the thread starter : sorry for hijaking the topic :) I just couldn't stand by and watch TK whine again without doing anything ;)
 TK-8252
09-12-2005, 8:08 PM
When was the last time you saw a normal clone soldier just hopping into a Gunship or a tank? In reality only pilots would be able to use them.

I fail to see how that relates at all.

The clone trooper doesn't become a Jedi, the Jedi just enters the battlefield.

As you can see in those videos someone posted in another thread, once a clone player hits a certain goal, a question pops up if they want to play as a Jedi, and the player answers yes or no. If yes, the player goes from clone to Jedi.

I think the heroes are really more a reward for singleplayer not multiplayer, from what you said Jedi seem to go better in the singleplayer mode.

It would be fine if they were only playable in SP, but no, they're also going to be just as big in MP.

Oh and Darth54, there's an unwritten rule that the OS overrides anything any book says. Sorry if you didn't know until now... ;)
 DarthMuffin
09-12-2005, 8:23 PM
I fail to see how that relates at all.

He probably means that a rookie foot soldier wouldn't be allowed to play with a B52, and that we shouldn't really consider Bfront's gameplay as "militarily correct".

As you can see in those videos someone posted in another thread, once a clone player hits a certain goal, a question pops up if they want to play as a Jedi, and the player answers yes or no. If yes, the player goes from clone to Jedi.

He meant that the clone himself doesn't become the Jedi. The player does. He said that because you used the word "promoted". Of course that changes absolutely nothing.

Oh and Darth54, there's an unwritten rule that the OS overrides anything any book says. Sorry if you didn't know until now... ;)

Unwritten? So you can't say it's true, and I can't accept it :)
 MachineCult
09-13-2005, 5:09 PM
Thankyou Darth54, i'm not always very good at getting my point across...
 TK-8252
09-13-2005, 5:16 PM
He probably means that a rookie foot soldier wouldn't be allowed to play with a B52, and that we shouldn't really consider Bfront's gameplay as "militarily correct".

Absolute correctness in a game isn't possible. I mean, even BF2 isn't entirely correct, because being hit by a single bullet, even if it just grazes you, would knock you to the ground. However, just because you can't get absolute perfection is no excuse not to try to get it as correct as possible.

Unwritten? So you can't say it's true, and I can't accept it :)

Well, it is true, no matter if you accept it or not. :)
 DarthMuffin
09-13-2005, 5:51 PM
Absolute correctness in a game isn't possible. I mean, even BF2 isn't entirely correct, because being hit by a single bullet, even if it just grazes you, would knock you to the ground.

...and you can revive anyone with a defibrillator :D

That being said, I really miss a "real" medic class in Bfront (not some pilot bull****). I like playing as a medic in BField because it's really a different gameplay. In Bfront, all the classes exist to deal damage (except, of course, the pilot who is some sort of jack-of-all trade monster).

Well, it is true, no matter if you accept it or not. :)

Prove it :p
 TK-8252
09-13-2005, 7:00 PM
...and you can revive anyone with a defibrillator :D

Ahaha, yeah.

That being said, I really miss a "real" medic class in Bfront (not some pilot bull****). I like playing as a medic in BField because it's really a different gameplay. In Bfront, all the classes exist to deal damage (except, of course, the pilot who is some sort of jack-of-all trade monster).

That's another thing BF2 misses... a medic class (or I guess a repairman for CIS). It would be nice if it was like in BF2, where you can sometimes be revived when you go down. Of course, it would be better to use something more like the bacta healer in Republic Commando...

Prove it :p

Because the books often differ from the movies, but the OS is very reliable in that it's true to the movies.
 Darth Andrew
09-13-2005, 11:22 PM
Barbossa: So what now, Jack Sparrow ? Will it be it two immortals locked in an epic battle until Judgment Day and trumpets sound? Hmm?

Jack : Or you could surrender.
This really reminds me of this debate. Carry on! :D
 Darth Alec
09-14-2005, 11:46 AM
Come on, stop this useless argument and use your time on something more productiv, like finding out what a Detpack is and why these to both have it.

Han Solo
PA1=DL44 blaster
PA2=Fusion cutter
SA1=Detpack
SA2=Rally (Defense buff)
M= Utapau, Polis Massa

Boba Fett
PA1=E-3 Blaster Rifle
PA2=Flamethrower
SA1=Wrist Rocket
SA2=Detpack
M= Kashyyyk, Utapau, Mygeeto, Felucia, Yavin, Jabb'a Palace

Any one know what a Detpack is?
 TK-8252
09-14-2005, 4:15 PM
Detpack I'm assuming is a time bomb like the Wookiee Smuggler's.
 ParanoidAndroid
09-14-2005, 5:27 PM
Or maybe you can remotly detonate it instead of waiting for a countdown. But either way it's probably going to be some sort of explosive.
 DarthMuffin
09-14-2005, 6:00 PM
With a name like "detpack", it has better be an explosive.

I guess it's remotly detonated, since it would have been called time bomb otherwise (and we already have mines).
 HordaK
09-15-2005, 4:16 AM
The Detpack will definatly be an remote explosive, just remember the Explosives Experts in JA Siege, they even had DETPACKS, so i dunno why SWBF2 and JAS Detpacks should be different to each other cause its both Star Wars
 Darth Arrow
09-15-2005, 6:37 AM
Maybe he spelt 'jetpack' wrong.. lol
 HordaK
09-15-2005, 7:15 AM
That would only be possible if Boba was the only Hero with the "D"etpack, but i never saw Harrison Ford in the Movies with a Jetpack so i dont think theres anything spelled wrong :-P
 Redtech
09-15-2005, 7:38 AM
Someone will mod it. Anyway, heros should be amusing, but yeah, doesn't quite encourage teamwork. Although higher ranks getting to use them ain't a problem IMHO, as mentioned, it'd be like getting l33t weapons in Battlefireld 2.
 TK-8252
09-15-2005, 7:59 AM
The Detpack will definatly be an remote explosive, just remember the Explosives Experts in JA Siege, they even had DETPACKS, so i dunno why SWBF2 and JAS Detpacks should be different to each other cause its both Star Wars

Uh... when was the last time we knew LucasArts to copy stuff from one of their games to the next, just because they're both Star Wars?
 HordaK
09-15-2005, 9:27 AM
well watch at SWBF 2 and answer the question urself, LA is even copiing enough stuff from SWBF1, like the crappy engine etc. u might say now "yes because its a sequel". Then i would answer "A Sequel is not a reason to copy Stuff from the prequel" except the story and characters of course like in other Game Series..And u can just look a JK2 and JA.. even there they copied stuff like the weapons, cause they are Star Wars Weapons. And a Detpack is a Detpack i think it doesnt matter if its in SWBF or JA. Im Pretty sure its nearly the same like in JA, but lets see what the Release Version will show us
 Micahc
09-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Since the people are rushed it's probably just going to be a Wookiee timebomb thats remotely activated instead of having a countdown timer
 THE BADGER:
09-15-2005, 3:53 PM
Maybe he spelt 'jetpack' wrong.. lol
No I didn't spell it wrong, it's Detpack.
Probably a explosive. Det=Detonation / Pack=well..um..a pack. :ears1:
 DarthMuffin
09-15-2005, 6:23 PM
And u can just look a JK2 and JA.. even there they copied stuff like the weapons, cause they are Star Wars Weapons.

They didn't copy the weapons because they're SW weapons. JA is like... one year after JO? It's only normal for the galaxy's inhabitants to use similar weaponry after just one year or so. TSL didn't copy JO/JA weaps.
 zerted
09-15-2005, 7:09 PM
Maybe the developers improved the fire detection. Shoot a jetpack and watch the fuel explode.
 HordaK
09-16-2005, 3:37 AM
then it would be an "explosive Jetpack" and not a "Detpack, if i missunderstood u im Sorry :-)
 zerted
09-16-2005, 7:08 PM
I know, its a sucide bomber :explode: . The Detpack unit. Run into a group of units and explode. As long as you kill another unit, its even, if you kill 2 or more, its worth it.

I could be wrong about the new unit, but then it would have to be short for: Detergent Pack. How else would the Imperials keep their armor shiny white :blast5:? Maybe it has added bleach.
 Darth Alec
09-17-2005, 3:07 AM
I know, its a sucide bomber :explode: . The Detpack unit. Run into a group of units and explode. As long as you kill another unit, its even, if you kill 2 or more, its worth it.

I could be wrong about the new unit, but then it would have to be short for: Detergent Pack. How else would the Imperials keep their armor shiny white :blast5:? Maybe it has added bleach.

Remember thats its Boba and Han that have it. I dont see them as sucide bomber.
 MachineCult
09-17-2005, 6:55 AM
It's a Detpack, Detonation pack they were on Return of the Jedi, it's a remotely detonated explosive device. End topic.
 zerted
09-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Nothing wrong with a few jokes, which all my posts in this topic have been.
 HordaK
09-18-2005, 3:33 AM
Yes it would have saved us from many romantic **** in the orig, Triology if Harrison Ford had played a Suicide Bomber instead of Han Solo the way he did :smash:
 Redtech
09-18-2005, 8:01 AM
So what's saved us from romatic crap in the prequel trilogy which was, on a rough guess, 10 000% worse?

Anyone got a suicide gunship?? "For the GLA!!!"
 MachineCult
09-18-2005, 8:27 AM
If there wasn't any romantic crap in the Prequel, Luke and Leia wouldn't have been born... Think about it...
 master_skywalke
09-18-2005, 8:39 AM
Yes it would have saved us from many romantic **** in the orig, Triology if Harrison Ford had played a Suicide Bomber instead of Han Solo the way he did :smash:
The romantic crap in the orig. trilogy was 1000 times better than the romantic crap in the prequel trilogy.I think I fell to sleep at the romantic crap of EP2 :p
 HordaK
09-18-2005, 8:52 AM
If there wasn't any romantic crap in the Prequel, Luke and Leia wouldn't have been born... Think about it...

There may be romantic Crap in the Star Wars universe but thats not a reason to put it in the movies...Dooku, Yoda etc. were born aswell and we havent seen their parents doin any romantic crap, so George dont have to show things to make other things happen
 Redtech
09-18-2005, 10:22 AM
Anyway, the point is, that romance can't be tamed down, either you see them at it like rabbits all the time, or being shy and bashful in public. At least in the original trilogy it was actually touching that Solo said he doesn't mind which way Leia goes, but with Amidala/Annakin, well, they just don't feel as natural.
 Darth Arrow
09-19-2005, 4:36 AM
"...Dooku, Yoda etc. were born aswell and we havent seen their parents doin any romantic crap"

Thats because they were born before the prequal trilogy...
 TK-8252
09-19-2005, 7:34 AM
This thread sure has jumped from several off-topic discussions, but if you honestly think that there didn't need to be romance between Padme and Anakin then I'm really glad that you didn't write the script.

Where did Luke and Leia come from? New clone experiment?
 HordaK
09-19-2005, 7:59 AM
of Course a new Clone Programm, thats why they look exactly like Anakin (SARCASM)

Anyway, we ALL know where Children come from, if u dont know it, im really sorry for you.

I just said you dont have to show things to let other things happen, i havent watched EP3 yet so i dont know about the romantic crap in this movie, but i know EP2 at that was a s***load of Romantic, a bit is always okay but 1/4 of a movie is too much imo (just an example i dunno if it really was 1/4 in EP2)

Since we all know where Children come from we dont have to see the whole lovestory from anakin and padme.

Thats my opinion if u have another one thats ur thing, so theres no need to discuss about opinions...

For me thats the last off topic from now on, at least i try
 ScoutTrooper95
09-19-2005, 8:43 AM
Anyway, we ALL know where Children come from, if u dont know it, im really sorry for you.

The stork? [/SARCASM]

I just said you dont have to show things to let other things happen, i havent watched EP3 yet so i dont know about the romantic crap in this movie, but i know EP2 at that was a s***load of Romantic, a bit is always okay but 1/4 of a movie is too much imo (just an example i dunno if it really was 1/4 in EP2)

There's less romance in EP3.
 Kurgan
09-19-2005, 10:55 AM
Actually the "Clone" trooper who becomes a Jedi just happened to be a Jedi student under the armor all along. By order of the Jedi Council he was not allowed to use his new powers until he had proven himself in combat first. This constitutes the "trials" of a Jedi in these dangerous times.

Thus when he is promoted, he takes off his helmet and assumes the full mantle of a Jedi Warrior!

Hey, make up your own reason, works for me! It reminds me a bit of Clone Wars. ;)

The stork? [/SARCASM]

There's less romance in EP3.

Less Romance.
Less Jar Jar.
More Action.
See Episode III today!

Anyway, we all know that Padme went to the sperm bank cause Annie was shooting blanks, that's why Anakin was so shocked. And since Obi-Wan was the donor... DUN DUN DUN!!! Makes perfect sense now doesn't it?
 MachineCult
09-19-2005, 2:38 PM
Hordak, the romance is crucial to the story especially in Ep3, Anakin fell to the dark side because he was in love with padme, how would we believe that if there wasn't any romance in the movie?
 HordaK
09-19-2005, 3:22 PM
I dont care THAT much about the "why have ani joined the Darkside" ....I knew Ani would become Vader and the only thing i really wanted to know was the "How did he became the guy with the black mask and the deep breath".....

And i think Padme was not the only reason Ani switched the sides, since EP2 he was a freaky little arrogant idiot and angry about Obi Wan and the council

aswell i remind of the sentence "Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hatred and Hatred leads to the Darkside" so not the romance leads to the darkside, the fear and the anger do
 ParanoidAndroid
09-19-2005, 3:33 PM
I would say that it was the romance that lead him to fear, because he was afraid of losing Padme. Because of this it was easier for Palpatine to seduce him. His arrogance and anger at the council helped, him down the path but I think the leading cause was his relationship with Padme.

At least thats what I think.
 MachineCult
09-19-2005, 4:00 PM
aswell i remind of the sentence "Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hatred and Hatred leads to the Darkside" so not the romance leads to the darkside, the fear and the anger do

Yes that is correct, fear of losing padme, and anger perhaps that he is unable to save her and at the jedi council.
If padme wasn't in the picture i don't believe he would have fallen to the dark side.

I dont care THAT much about the "why have ani joined the Darkside" ....I knew Ani would become Vader and the only thing i really wanted to know was the "How did he became the guy with the black mask and the deep breath".....

Anakin joining the dark side and him becoming the guy with the black mask are directly related, Obi-wan wouldn't have sliced Anakins legs off and left him to burn if he was still Anakin and not Darth Vader.
 Rebel_Trooper
09-19-2005, 5:23 PM
Anyone got a suicide gunship?? "For the GLA!!!"

Generals rocks. End of.

Anakin turned to the Dark Side because of many things. It cannot be attributed to just one thing.
 Kurgan
09-19-2005, 5:30 PM
Anakin's reason for falling to the Dark Side can be summed up in one word: Selfishness.
 MachineCult
09-19-2005, 5:36 PM
Anakin turned to the Dark Side because of many things. It cannot be attributed to just one thing.

Many things? He wanted Palpatine to train him so he could save padme, and he no longer trusted the Jedi Council. I can't think of any other reasons...

P.S. Arrogance is not a reason, Mace Windu is arrogant (lol, just look at his face when he force pulls his lightsaber away from Jango Fett)
 ParanoidAndroid
09-19-2005, 5:40 PM
Well he was angry at the council because they wouln't make him a jedi master, he assumed that they were insulting him when they did not. Wouln't that be arrogance? It might not have been the main reason but it certainly helped.
 Darth Arrow
09-20-2005, 4:35 AM
Because of this it was easier for Palpatine to seduce him.

Lol, R u still talking about Anakin truning to the Darkside :lol:
 THE BADGER:
09-20-2005, 6:25 PM
WOW this thread went way off topic.
 Redtech
09-21-2005, 12:05 PM
It had a topic? Anyway, think about this carefully. If you really want to see people "making babies" there are some excellant "adult films" in Internet circulation. It's not a sin to watch. In fact, they have more romance than Ann and Pad had anyway..and better dialogue.

Anyway, Padme and Annakin..I mean, ain't he supposed to be fighting a friggin war? Damn, good thing Lucas ain't covering Iraq, we'd have loads of "brown babies" around, but no violence. :P

---------------
Rebel Gunship: If EA and Lucas worked on Episode 3 it'd be about 300X funnier in a good way, suicide droids, WMDs such as bioweapons, Coruscant being Ebola bombed...all good.
---------------
I rcekon Annie joined the darkside because it was in the script IMHO. Although saying that, I do begin to sympathise with the idea of "turning against those you loved", but that's a bit close to my 'thing'. But as Maddox would argue, if it was because of Padme, why choke her, then bitch about her at the end?
Page: 2 of 3