Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Which November release are you looking forward to most?

Page: 2 of 2
 Darth Groovy
11-05-2005, 6:36 PM
Leave it to Grooves to bump an old thread, but what ever. :p

I got Battlefront II, I just got home from work at the time of this posting. For those of you that don't already know, i'm an assistant manager at GameStop, so employee discounts are nice. I also traded in a stack of my old games that I had not played in months, and the nice part of that is that it wipes out sales tax all together. So I got this game around $40. Reviews across the board are really high on this one, plus Battlefront was the hands down the best selling and most popular Star Wars game that came out in the last two years. Can't wait to play this, I loved the old one, and this one looks even better. The TV commercials really hooked me on this one! Hopefully they improved the online performance, because the last one really lagged bad for me on a dsl connection. Even so, i'm sure i'll get alot of milage out of this one. ;)
 Samurai DD
11-05-2005, 6:57 PM
Hopefully they improved the online performance, because the last one really lagged bad for me on a dsl connection.

Strange. I have DSL and get no lag on any online game. ?
 Darth Groovy
11-06-2005, 3:25 AM
Strange. I have DSL and get no lag on any online game. ?

Well I learned by talking to my squad mates, that you need to play on a dedicated server, I didn't think that mattered on XBOX live before. At least now I know.

I didn't get any lag this latest one. The game is amazing. The map design and gameplay is top notch. Another thing, I appear to be pretty good at this one. I managed to get 11 kills and rank third place on my first game. Usually I suck at MP games, but i'll be putting alot of miles on this one. It's a hard game to put down...no wonder it's been a huge success this week.
 Samurai DD
11-06-2005, 9:08 AM
Well, I talk with teammates by teamspeak too... And no lag. Maybe it's my computer, she's a BEAST, I mean it.
 Kurgan
11-06-2005, 6:23 PM
Well I've got SWBF2 now finally, the verdict isn't in yet though. So far I don't see much change from the beta, but I'll give you my thoughts when I have seen more of the game. ;)
 Darth Groovy
11-07-2005, 3:10 AM
Well I've got SWBF2 now finally, the verdict isn't in yet though. So far I don't see much change from the beta, but I'll give you my thoughts when I have seen more of the game. ;)

It's a great game overall. Although like any game, when the smack talkers come in late at night and ruin everything, it's time to either quit or go to another server. Actually, i'm not the one getting yelled at this time, i'm actually doing pretty good. But when people act like punks and start yelling assorted crap like "get out of my room, n00b, quit !@#ing up my team", or just shouting constant verbal diahreah in anybody's direction, I always leave just on general principals. I hate people that act like that. Thats the main reason I don't play Halo 2 anymore.

Edit- sorry about that post, I just got off a server after about 2 hours streight, and now i'm a bit pissed off. I really hate the way alot of people act in online gameing.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-08-2005, 1:57 PM
BF II (that's what I voted)....though I already have it.......EaW like good
 d5c
12-12-2005, 4:50 PM
battlefront II DUH
Page: 2 of 2