Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Questions.

Page: 1 of 1
 Plastic Motif
09-05-2005, 5:27 PM
I just repurchased this game, it's such a classic. I cannot find any servers online. My first thought was updates/patches. I got the newest patch. Nada. Second thought is my schools firewall may block it...I can connect to other 'internet' games like Doom 3 though. I dunno whats going on, or even if there is an active community of Jedi Academy players/servers. Any help would be appreciated.
 LightNinja
09-05-2005, 5:55 PM
uhm there are a lot of servers >_> <_<
 Plastic Motif
09-05-2005, 6:00 PM
Well, that answers one question. Now, why can't I see the internet servers? Updates? Mods? School sucks and is blocking the ports? I'm confused.
 shukrallah
09-05-2005, 7:14 PM
Possibly. Why not just try a program like Qtracker or The All Seeing Eye?
 Plastic Motif
09-05-2005, 7:26 PM
The school is blocking the ports. How do you change the ports in JA? (And still be able to connect to the internet servers?)
 Plastic Motif
09-05-2005, 10:53 PM
I'm at a loss. I used the +set net_port and set it to a port I know wasn't blocked, nothing. I can't figure out why I can't get a server list to pop up. Sigh.
 RpTheHotrod
09-06-2005, 2:42 PM
You sure you told it to search via INTERNET and not LOCAL (the default search method) ?
 Plastic Motif
09-06-2005, 4:13 PM
Give me more credit than that :-/ I used Qtracker and saw all the servers open...but the port the game runs on, 27000 something, is blocked by my school.
 shukrallah
09-06-2005, 10:18 PM
Talk to some kind of school internet administrator, and ask them about the port number.
 yrthwyndandfyre
09-07-2005, 8:39 PM
I'm at a loss. I used the +set net_port and set it to a port I know wasn't blocked, nothing. I can't figure out why I can't get a server list to pop up. Sigh.

It's not enough to just change to a port that you know isn't blocked. It has to be an open outbound port, and there must be a server listening on that port. I'd bet that most servers used the default (blocked) port, but you might want to snoop around and see what you can find.
 Plastic Motif
09-07-2005, 10:00 PM
I tried 443 its SSL....I don't think there is a way to do it w/o proxyin' thru another server off campus
Page: 1 of 1