Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[Fanfic] The Plight of Darkness

Page: 4 of 10
 machievelli
12-13-2005, 1:33 AM
You can get my e-mail from my member page. Send it on, it's the only way I'll get to read all of it.
 Omega21487
12-18-2005, 5:17 AM
Hey im new to these forums but I've been following this Story. I gotta say I like it, its a great story. Keep up the good work =D
 DarkLord_Revan
12-20-2005, 1:50 AM
Your good.This is like something that George Lucas would like.(Possible) As yall may of realized this is my first post.Can't wait for the next chapter...I hope u get done with it soon.Please.
 JediKnight707
12-20-2005, 2:05 AM
*Ahem* WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!! *coughs* I'm sick, I shouldn't yell.
 RC-1162
12-20-2005, 3:19 AM
what happened, ForceFight? please check out --- ah forget it.
do it when you want.
 DarkLord_Revan
12-20-2005, 4:48 PM
when u gana post chapter 13?Hope its pure genius like the rest of the chapters.
 Renegade Puma
12-21-2005, 6:00 AM
Wow I just started reading this last night and finished the latest chapter this evening. You are an amazing writer. I can only hope KOTOR III is as good as this. Please please please.... Next chapter soon!!! I am 22 and can't believe that you write as well as you do at your age. Keep going young lady!
 RC-1162
12-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Welcome to the Forums, RenegadeBore, and your hopes are low. nothing ever developed by the makers of Kotor will be better than this :D
 MasterAwder
12-21-2005, 11:42 AM
great story ....can't wait to the next chapter...new to this forum and checked out the outter stories....you have the best one...keep the good work up
 ForceFightWMe12
12-21-2005, 4:08 PM
Oh you guys are weird. *coughspamsfestcough* Since when did Hallucination become an english expert, might I ask :D
Wow, maybe Mac's reviews are good for the forums :P
Anyway, thanks a bunch, guys. And welcome to the forums, all you kne people....
 RobQel-Droma
12-21-2005, 6:03 PM
So, ForceFight... Have the next chapter in the works, I hope? :)
 DarkLord_Revan
12-22-2005, 12:23 AM
I hope you get the next chapter done before Christmas but take your time i don't wana rush you.
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-23-2005, 9:41 PM
I have read most of your Fan-Fiction. But I decieded to pause and just say what I wanted:

You are the most talented writer I had ever had the chance of meeting. The way you write these chapters is like something that is natural to you. It is like you were born with it. It acctuely flows through you like a need for food and drink, except it grants results.

Your talent will not go unnoticed, and you will go far.
 ForceFightWMe12
12-23-2005, 9:49 PM
Alright, that last part sounded like a fortune cookie :D

Jk (FYI: Just Kidding, not Jedi Knight :) )

Thanks, Vlad. Glad you like it so much :D :D :D :D I've gotta memorize different smilies...
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-23-2005, 9:53 PM
The last part was meant to say that if you ever turn to writing, you will never starve. Meaning that even though writing is one of the dying arts and that you will be sucessful overall in your career.

I also was a bit unhonest in my reply. Because RC 1162, Jedi_Knight_707, Sabretooth, Hallucination and Renegade Angel are also talented writers. But you have the highest rankings, if you know what I mean.
 ForceFightWMe12
12-23-2005, 10:04 PM
I knew what you meant :D I was just messing around. They're all amazing writters. That's why I can't figure out why they all like me
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-23-2005, 10:09 PM
You don't know why? Because you think of writing serious fiction and you easily describe battles, and most importantly you know how to present feelings. Those are markings of a talented writer.
 ForceFightWMe12
12-24-2005, 11:22 AM
Gee, thanks, now I really feel loved :stick: :rofl:
 Renegade Puma
12-27-2005, 9:13 AM
Well, thanks for the welcome to the forums :) I must say it suck to be in the same boat as you guys now. I first found this site and forum through a search for KOTOR III. Then I decided to check out this fanfic. I must admit I didn't know things like this existed. I just never looked I guess. Anyway I was spoiled by being able to read the first 8 chapters in two evenings. Now I am waiting "what seems like forever" for chapter 9!! Please, please Forceflight, post it soon!!
 Deathic
12-27-2005, 1:41 PM
Yes please your story is amazing!!!!!!!!! Please post
 ForceFightWMe12
12-27-2005, 4:38 PM
And BTW, cut out the spam, everyone, or nobody gets candies

Maybe they'll listen to you :P

Anyway, thanks guys. As of yet, my stories been pretty mushy-gushy lovey-dovey, but there is action on the way, just sit tight...and pray I get this chapter done eventually...:D

Most viewed fic in LF is 4500+ ?...I'm getting close...:rofl:
 JasraLantill
12-27-2005, 5:05 PM
Great story so far! I've been lurking and reading for the past couple of days and I must say that I am impressed with your continuity and your writing skills. You really know how to capture the 'mushy-gushy lovey-dovey' feelings and put them into words, and that's what keeps everyone hooked. In fact, you've inspired me to finally put pen to paper--or rather,fingers to keyboard--and start a fic of my own. (Hope I do as well as you have!) Looking forward to your next installment. Keep up the good work!
 Deathic
12-27-2005, 11:59 PM
Are we supposed to be wondering? :lol:
 John Skywalker
12-28-2005, 3:57 PM
ForceFight you are the queen of Fanfics by far i wish you were my girlfreind, we could have Kotor discusions:)
 Renegade Puma
12-29-2005, 10:15 AM
So is the new chapter ready yet? and with that in mind, So is the new chapter ready yet? Also I was wondering, So is the new chapter ready yet?, And please could you tell us if, So is the new chapter ready yet? And my closing thoughts to this post are..
So is the new chapter ready yet?

Get my point? :)

P.s.
 Renegade Puma
12-30-2005, 5:58 AM
Hey guys. I just completed the first chapter of my own fanfic. I have never written a story before, ever. So I would appreciate some feedback on it. Forceflight you really inspired me with your story so far. So I thought I would give it a go of my own to see how much fun I could have. If you guys check it out, then thanks :)
 Darth Diouf
12-30-2005, 1:35 PM
Hey guys this and the Mace Windu Fanfics are very well written I was never great at creative writting but well done to you two guys for the great stories and keep it up!
 RC-1162
12-31-2005, 10:28 AM
thanks, man. and Welcome to the Forums.
 Renegade Puma
01-03-2006, 3:29 AM
I am anxiously awaiting your next chapter Forcefight. Where are you?
 ForceFightWMe12
01-04-2006, 4:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFightWMe12
The more feedback, the quicker I'll update.

Really? Seems to me that it's the exact opposite.

Well....that was also in the beginning when I had almost no other fans besides RC and MidKnight...it also helped that at that point, it wasn't the holidays and there wasn't enough snow for me to ski/snowboard :D
 Fuu
01-04-2006, 5:18 PM
^
Don’t worry about JK, he got banned anyway. As for your fic, take your time :D
We all love your fic, but if TSL has taught us anything: We'd rather wait for an excellently polished product, as opposed to a rushed and unfinished one.

Still looking foreword to you next chapter

Fuu
 Vladimir-Vlada
01-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Don’t worry about JK, he got banned anyway.
He got banned? The only reason I could possibly think of is maybe spam... Oh well.

So... Do you still have a writers block, ForceFightsWithMe12? Is it a writers block concerning the entire plot, or is it just some block concerning the way you want the events to occur? I'll supply advices on both things:

The way you want the events to occur: This is the most common writers block and the one that occurs the most often. Don't worry about it, it happens to everyone; I admit it is an important factor that adds the quality of the events that are described. All you have to do, is sit back, relax and imagine how would it look like. What would cause you to be interested? What would draw your attention? How would it look like? As soon as you find an answer, write it down.

The overall plot: This is a less often writers block than the previous one, and don't worry it happens to everyone in the beginning. About this one: Take your time. Don't rush it, think it over, carefully. In the end you will make a quality story and will have great results.

I hope this helped.
 Darth333
01-04-2006, 11:35 PM
Spam fest is over :tsk:

And more particularly the following users should consider themselves officially warned for spamming: RC 1162, DarkLord_Revan and Hallucination (Jedi_Knight_707 too but he's already on "forced" vacations)

ForceFightWMe12: keep it up! What I saw between the spam posts looked pretty good :)

edit: I did some cleaning in the thread.

RH Edit: Apologies are considered spam too!
 ForceFightWMe12
01-05-2006, 4:19 PM
The Darth333 likes my story? I feel special now :D

Thanks for the advice, Vlad. The problem with my writter's block is how I want things to occur, and also that fact that I have a certain...well...mood that I have to be in to write. Otherwise, if I try to write...it...er...stinks :D
 RC-1162
01-08-2006, 8:03 AM
if i were you, id try and act out what i tink and see if it works out. thatsw what i do for some of my fight scenes.
 Steve-O Kreesh
01-15-2006, 4:48 PM
Forcefight, you are one talented writer for your age. Your style reminds me a lot of Margret Weis, one of my favorite authors. You should really think about writing as a career. You have talent young lady, keep it up. :)
 Renegade Puma
01-18-2006, 7:24 AM
Wow FF, you must have like MAJOR writer's block. I have written 11 chapters of my own story since the last time you updated. Course mine isn't nearly as good as yours, but still, please please please, give us a new chapter.
 ForceFightWMe12
01-18-2006, 4:23 PM
Alright, good and bad news. Which first? Here, I'll let you pick:

Bad news:
I still have writter's block.

Good news:
My new chapter is almost finished.

I love spoiler tags :D
 RC-1162
01-19-2006, 2:03 PM
Welcome to the Forums, Master Revan.
and its good to know that your chapter is almost finished. although, i think writers block is contagious, since im suffering from it too, and i have a stupid drill to do tomorrow in our annual sports day. talk about cr@p.
 Char Ell
01-20-2006, 3:09 AM
I've read your "Plight of Darkness", ForceFightWMe12 (btw you picked a great screen name :D) or at least all that you've written thus far. With the understanding that you are only thirteen years of age, I, like most everybody, think you've written some great stuff here. FYI, I'm in the 30+ club so I'm sure I'm over the hill as far as you're concerned. :xp: But IIRC MDKnightR may give me a run for my money in the age department... :naughty:

PROS
I think you demostrate skill with writing live conversation into your story, an area where many other writers struggle. I also enjoy the freshness and innocence you use to portray Revan and Elron. While the romances between the two couples encounter obstacles, as most romances do, you make these obstacles seem so simple to overcome if only the lovers could see it thru your eyes. And most of all I enjoy your creativity and imagination. The plot twist with Revan's heritage is a wonderful surprise, as others have mentioned.

CONS - (I feel guilty for including these so I spoilerized them. Read them only if you really want to)
You're already aware of your weakness with spelling. I only mention it because IMO if a writer wants to capture her readers' full attention then it's important to eliminate spelling errors as they are potential distractions to the reader.
I think the only other con is really mea culpa. I'm an old geezer and I've allowed the vicissitudes of life to strip me of my youthful innocence. While I enjoy seeing Revan and Elron through your eyes I don't really see them that way myself. As I read your story the left side of my brain relentlessly whispered that this isn't how Revan and the Exile really are. Unfortunately, and really I mean unfortunately, I see more complexities and nuances and not so much simpleness in my versions of Revan and the Exile. I offer this feedback only as a means to illustrate the differences in your story's audience. I wish I could borrow The Doctor's time machine and fast forward 10 years, even though that would put me in the *gasp* 40+ club, so I could see what your writing is like then. Keep up the writing girl! The Force does indeed fight with you! :D I look forward to your next chapter.
 MdKnightR
01-21-2006, 2:01 AM
FYI, I'm in the 30+ club so I'm sure I'm over the hill as far as you're concerned. :xp: But IIRC MDKnightR may give me a run for my money in the age department... :naughty:

And just what is that supposed to mean? :xp:

On the contrary, I did find your take on Revan and the Exile to be quite refreshing. Don't let his "vicissitudes" spoil that. By the way, this is the Webster definition...

2 a : a favorable or unfavorable event or situation that occurs by chance : a fluctuation of state or condition <the vicissitudes of daily life>

Hai Wan must be trying to expand his vocabulary because it looks to me as if he just looked that word up and used it today. I had an art professor in college that did the same thing on a daily basis. Always trying to impress you with his intellect. :rolleyes:
 Char Ell
01-21-2006, 3:30 AM
Hai Wan must be trying to expand his vocabulary because it looks to me as if he just looked that word up and used it today. I had an art professor in college that did the same thing on a daily basis. Always trying to impress you with his intellect. Awww, come on MdNightR, you can admit it if you were just a wee bit impressed with my diction, o fellow Smallville fan... :xp: In all honesty though I do read a lot and I remember words and phrases that resonate with me and I will later use them in my personal writing. Is that considered plagiarism? If it is then consider me guilty as charged. This method is not without its drawbacks though. I remember a Saturday Night Live skit where the SNL cast spoofed Jesse Jackson using the phrase, "The point is moot!" I thought that was a pretty cool phrase and used it until one day I decided to look moot up in the dictionary and to my chagrin discovered that moot used in that manner is an adjective. The moral of the story? Don't let SNL be your English teacher. :D
And I also freely admit to frequent use of dictionary.com when I am unsure of appropriate use of the words I write. You know, trying to remember if the word is an adjective, adverb, or preposition is a real pain and sure does take a lot of time and effort. Ughh!

On the contrary, I did find your take on Revan and the Exile to be quite refreshing. Don't let his "vicissitudes" spoil that.
@ForceFightWMe12 - PLEASE, PLEASE by all that is good and decent I implore you to not let my "vicissitudes" spoil any of your writing. I would be greatly disappointed if you did. I feel you have great skill at writing. Your writing reflects who you are, what you think, what you feel, and I would not want to detract from that. If you're writing just for the joy of writing then either don't read or ignore my stated cons. If however you're interested in one of your "older" reader's thoughts about your story then please understand that I shared these with only the best intentions. Indeed, did I not say that I felt guilty even posting them?
 ForceFightWMe12
01-21-2006, 8:39 PM
You know what, I'm quitting writting for the rest of my life :nut:
Yeah, right. Thanks for your input, Hai Wan! Hmm...vicissitudes...interesting word...:xp:
 MasterAwder
01-22-2006, 12:54 PM
when is the new chapter coming
 JediKnight707
01-24-2006, 11:53 PM
Most viewed fic in LF is 4500+ ?

Just 200 away! 'Cause I'm nice, I'll get you about 100 of those "checking for updates"...
 ForceFightWMe12
01-25-2006, 7:32 PM
Just 200 away

*parties* Go me, go me, its my birthday, not really, party anyway...:xp:

Hmm...perhaps an update would give me those needed 200? :dev10:
 Master Reven
01-25-2006, 8:17 PM
Hmm...perhaps an update would give me those needed 200? :dev10:[/QUOTE]

Duh! Anyway, Superb story so far! Believe me when I say that I have checked this thread everyday since I first saw it. Obsessed I know. :drool1:
 ForceFightWMe12
01-25-2006, 9:11 PM
I'm working on it, I'm working on it...though this block of mine is like trying to ride a bike through a swamp...not that i've tried...
 JediKnight707
01-25-2006, 9:23 PM
Been there done that ;). But, I'll let you in a secret. Depending on how you finish it, and how long you keep it going (and maybe putting this in your sig will help), this thing will probably go up to 7000+
 Vladimir-Vlada
01-25-2006, 9:25 PM
I'm working on it, I'm working on it...though this block of mine is like trying to ride a bike through a swamp...not that i've tried...
Sounds like that that mood isn't exatcly the type that appears often. Hmm...

...I suggest that if you can't seem to get that mood (or inspiration), then try imaginating it. Proof read, and if the results are like the ones you wanted, carry on.
But you have to work really, really, really hard to do that. You will do fine. Believe me.

Regretablly, I am not as lucky as you are. When I get some ideas for a potential story, it starts from a mere beginning that features TV shows; after 10 minutes of imagining, the story becomes enormous, long, complex and hard to explain so much, that not even 2 hours are enough for me to write something that will in small part make the story interesting.

But, it happens. You have luck and I don't. I hope the advice helped.
Page: 4 of 10