Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The game wont start up!! (JA: OpenGL)

Page: 1 of 1
 $kater-Pµnk
08-17-2005, 8:35 AM
I have a problem, i cant start jk3 on my own computer, the first problem was that my computer couldnt locate the cd?!?!
Well i fixed that problem with a no cd-crack and now i wil give me a start up consol but it the consol wont continue the start and says: Couldnt start Opengl.(and something here)

plz someone tell me how to fix this problem!!
 $kater-Pµnk
08-17-2005, 8:36 AM
yeah sry about that one type mistake: .....and now **It** will give me a ...
 Oreckel
08-17-2005, 11:57 AM
Did you do a search? Because this is one of the most common problems, and I've answered it so many times on the Elite Force messageboards.

Update your video card drivers to the latest version, then get back to us. :)
 Scruffy Looking
09-15-2005, 12:28 AM
Sorry to sound unappreciative, but the "answers" I've come across didn't really address the problem. I've done everything suggested in this forum and in others (i.e. updated my video, checked my hardware, etc., etc.,), but Jedi Academy still does not work.
 Kurgan
09-18-2005, 2:00 AM
Well you shouldn't have to use a cd crack.

Uninstall the game, then reinstall (in a fresh directory, let's say) and pop in the original disc. Run the system analyzer that came with it and run ALL the tests and make sure they all pass. If not, try to address any problems with ones it doesn't pass.

I assume you're using the full legal retail version of the game with the official patch applied. Otherwise that might be your problem right there!

But the OpenGL subsystem glitch is due to missing driver files for the video card. If your video card doesn't support OpenGL then you need a new video card.
 acdcfanbill
09-19-2005, 12:38 AM
you say you updated your video card drivers, so that either means you a) didnt do it correctly, or b) your card isnt supported. there should be a list of supported cards on a readme on the CD i think, otherwise its at the lucasarts site.
 Scruffy Looking
09-20-2005, 12:17 AM
The card is supported. It's in the list provided by the game. Yes, it's original too. :(
 acdcfanbill
09-21-2005, 12:03 AM
install directx 9.0c ?
Page: 1 of 1