Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR 3 guessings.

Page: 1 of 2
 Vladimir-Vlada
08-11-2005, 8:39 PM
Who do you think will be in KOTOR 3, who the playable character, who the party member, anyone else.

I think that the playable character will be Revan, I just know it.

The Party members would be in my opinion:
Carth, Bastila, Mission, Zaalbar, Jolee, Juhani, Canderous, HK-47, T3-M4, Atton, Handmaiden, Mira, Bao-Dur...

I have a feeling that the Exile will be a party member, complex and really annoying.

There is going to be a Jedi Master like Kreia, only lightside and male, like Obi-Wan. I can feel it.

Call it a hunch but it seems to me that we will be seeing Vandar, Zhar and Dorak in this one.

Kreia will definaetly show up as a Force Ghost.

Sion also.

I think that we will be confronting the True Dark Lord of the Sith.

What about you?
 gonzzalez
08-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Thats a pretty big party, as for the other stuff well... I supose anything is possible but I dont really see Vandar and his old buys being in it.

One thing I do have a feeling about ( completely unsubstansiated, and not based on anything tangible ) is that the Exile will die. Would make sense for a major character to die and I cant see it being Revan.
 Darth333
08-12-2005, 1:06 PM
I think that the playable character will be Revan, I just know it.
Definitely not: this would make no sense. Character development would be gimped right from the beginning. How would you explain restarting at level one? I always prefer to start with a new character that you can develop, more or less like a blank sheet...There's also a better chance for writers to come up with a better story with a new character.

Carth, Bastila, Mission, Zaalbar, Jolee, Juhani, Canderous, HK-47, T3-M4, Atton, Handmaiden, Mira, Bao-Dur...

I have a feeling that the Exile will be a party member, complex and really annoying.
huh?

Carth: could be dead depending of how you played K1.
Bastila: strangely I killed her many times in K1 but she resurrected in K2 :p
Zaalbar, Jolee and Juhani could be killed in K1 too.
Caderous: makes sense but he better recover his K1 personality...in Kotor 2, he had almost nothing to say.
Hk-47 and T3-M4: i agree - KotOR wouldn't be Kotor without them IMHO.
Atton, Handmaiden, Mira and Bao-Dur: my favorite is Bao-Dur but I'd like him to be have mroe to say. As for the others, I would prefer new ones.

As for the Exile, I don't think he/she will come back. You will hear of the exile but not see him/her IMHO since the appearance and sex were determined by th eplayer in K2.

Call it a hunch but it seems to me that we will be seeing Vandar, Zhar and Dorak in this one.
errr...they're dead and I prefer living npcs to ghosts ;)
 Dark_lord_Cheez
08-12-2005, 1:38 PM
I'm sorry to burst your bubble here, but if you were darkside Zaalbar, Jolee, Juhani, and Mission all die.

also

The way TSL was supposed to go, there were supposed to be several parts where just about all your party were supposed to die, not to mention Kreia gives you detailed predictions of what will happen to your party members at the end of TSL, so it would be hard to include them into the third installment due to this

I'm not sure how this would be possible, since the exile was unique to each person playing the game. I personally would think (s)he would be only mentioned in the third one several times, and maybe appear for a breif moment (could be done with a hooded robe similar to kreia's), after which we might never see him/her again. That is just my opinion though, and I respect that you have your own opinion on the matter, I just don't see how it'd be possible.

There is going to be a Jedi Master like Kreia, only lightside and male, like Obi-Wan. I can feel it.

one thing that Kotor has done in the series that I find really defines it is that the mentor/jedi master that joins your group is around the neutral area as opposed to being light/dark. This comes in handy due to the fact that these jedi are supposed to be the ones teaching you about the force, and also makes sense with the idea that you can choose which side you are on. I feel that if there were a lightside master it wouldn't really make much sense for someone gradually to become either neutral or darkside (unless if it happened in a way such as when Anakin fell, even then he learned about the darkside from a mentor-like person before his fall.) I guess what I'm trying to say is that jedi only acquire their alliance to the light/darkside of the force due to knowledge, and they only know what they are taught by jedi masters or other mentors. (just the way I look at things in the SW universe)

sorry again to tell you this, but all three of them were killed already. They were on Kataar when it was destroyed by Nihillus

Kreia will definaetly show up as a Force Ghost.

I have heard quite a few people say this, but I fail to see why she would return. After all, I believe when she dies she says that she's glad to leave or something. I don't see why she would want to return especially through the force, seeing as she despises the force.

Sion also.

Same as above, since he says he's glad to leave when he dies.

What about you?

Everyone says they would like to see the True Sith, and I think people are mistaken on what this means (or I may be mistaken on what it means), but what I thought when they said this, was the sith species. The first sith were originally a whole other species (red skin, tenticles hanging from their chin, if I remember correctly). To the best of my knowledge they settled on Korriban and (supposedly) died off. However, I think they said in Knights I, that a few of them escaped the planet when the other sith were going around killing each other off.

What I think may have happened was their species continued to reproduce in the outer rim, and have been planning a large scale assault on the Republic for a long while. (I believe Kreia mentions on Korriban something about the original sith finding a republic craft land on the planet, and Marka Ragnos *I think* said it was a sign of future Republic invasion, and used its arrival as a way of ruling over the sith on Korriban)

I think the 'True Sith' are the Original Sith, the species of sith, not followers of a belief, not trainers of new sith, just a species of force sensitives who claim to be the ultimate power in the galaxy.

If someone has proof that I'm wrong with this idea, please let me know, I only thought this due to what was mentioned on Korriban in both games, and a few articles on the original sith I found on Wikipedia.

Sorry, I didn't really mean to tear apart your post, you have great ideas, I just thought I'd let you know that most of the characters you mentioned have already died in the series, and unless LA wants to screw up the cotinuity of the series would probably not have them return.

Hope there aren't any hard feelings, I'm just stating what I think on the subject. :)
 Darth333
08-12-2005, 1:44 PM
The way TSL was supposed to go, there were supposed to be several parts where just about all your party were supposed to die, not to mention Kreia gives you detailed predictions of what will happen to your party members at the end of TSL, so it would be hard to include them into the third installment due to this

That could be one of the reasons why the end was cut and left in a more of less finished state. Don't forget that Kotor 1 also had a third ending that was cut where both DS female Revan and Carth die aboard the Star Forge.
 Dark_lord_Cheez
08-12-2005, 1:50 PM
[QUOTE=Dark_lord_Cheez]

That could be one of the reasons why the end was cut and left in a more of less finished state. Don't forget that Kotor 1 also had a third ending that was cut where both DS female Revan and Carth die aboard the Star Forge.

hmm... I heard a bit about that ending before, I never heard the part that revan died as well on the forge though. All I heard was Carth was supposed to return on the star forge and try to turn the pc back to the light. Though that sounds like it'd make for a very interesting way to end the game.
 Mira Dona
08-12-2005, 2:23 PM
What I think may have happened was their species continued to reproduce in the outer rim, and have been planning a large scale assault on the Republic for a long while. (I believe Kreia mentions on Korriban something about the original sith finding a republic craft land on the planet, and Marka Ragnos *I think* said it was a sign of future Republic invasion, and used its arrival as a way of ruling over the sith on Korriban)

What happened was that a scout ship from Cinnigar landed on the Sith homeworld after the death or Marka Ragnos. There was a power vaccum left by his passing and two Sith were struggling to take his place, Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh.

Kressh wanted to kill the two scouts, but Sadow freed one of them and claimed that the Republic was behind the escape. Having convinced the Sith of the danger posed by the Republic, he solidified his claim to power, destroyed Kressh's flagship in an attempt to remove his rival, and invaded Republic space.

Beginning the great Hyperspace War.

And you are correct in that the *true* Sith were breeded out in minglings with the Dark Jedi and killed off during the numerous intergalactic wars and general Sith infighting. However the original species were not power hungry force sensitives, but rather a primitive race easily subjegated and ruled over (sp?) by the Dark Jedi faction that had arrived on Korriban.
 JediWatchman
08-12-2005, 2:39 PM
A few questions: Who the heck is Juhani?
Isn't Bastila dead?

Who is that?
 Dark_lord_Cheez
08-12-2005, 2:40 PM
What happened was that a scout ship from Cinnigar landed on the Sith homeworld after the death or Marka Ragnos. There was a power vaccum left by his passing and two Sith were struggling to take his place, Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh.

Kressh wanted to kill the two scouts, but Sadow freed one of them and claimed that the Republic was behind the escape. Having convinced the Sith of the danger posed by the Republic, he solidified his claim to power, destroyed Kressh's flagship in an attempt to remove his rival, and invaded Republic space.

Beginning the great Hyperspace War.

And you are correct in that the *true* Sith were breeded out in minglings with the Dark Jedi and killed off during the numerous intergalactic wars and general Sith infighting. However the original species were not power hungry force sensitives, but rather a primitive race easily subjegated and ruled over (sp?) by the Dark Jedi faction that had arrived on Korriban.

ah, thank you for clearing that up for me :) .
 lukeiamyourdad
08-12-2005, 2:41 PM
The True Sith are truly the Yuuzhan Vong.

dun dun DUN!!!

Oh the horror!

Just kidding :D
 Dark_lord_Cheez
08-12-2005, 2:43 PM
A few questions: Who the heck is Juhani?

Juhani is the name of the Dark Jedi you fight on Dantoine, the one who was corrupting the Kath hounds. If you play lightside, you can have her come back to the light, and then recruit her. If you're dark you just kill her.
 Mira Dona
08-12-2005, 2:47 PM
ah, thank you for clearing that up for me :) .

Heh, it's not trouble at all. I love the rare opportunities I get to put this knowlege to use. :D
 Mira Dona
08-12-2005, 2:49 PM
The True Sith are truly the Yuuzhan Vong.

dun dun DUN!!!

No. . .

NO. . .

Oh the horror!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Just kidding :D

Oh okay, thats good news! :p
 Darth_Terry
09-07-2005, 7:07 PM
My wife of course made revan and the exile female do you think it would be possible to make them female in Kotor 3? Also I heard that all the members working on 3 were fired and they scrapped all the stuff that they were working on and started over. I don't know if its ture but if any one know where we Can find information about whats going on Let me know.
 fresnosmokey02
09-07-2005, 7:48 PM
My thoughts:

New PC (I think that's obvious). Returning NPC's: T3, HK-47, possibly Canderous/Mandalore; no other returning NPC's as party members. When they cut the alternate ending for K2 they put in Kreia telling you the futures of your party members and they weren't with you (Exile) and didn't seem to have much to do with the future storyline. K1 party members whereabouts are unknown except for LS ending, Carth and Bastila are helping to keep the republic strong, DS ending, Bastila went searching for Revan in the outer rim (eventually).

Possibly some NPC's from K1 and K2 to appear as mentors/teachers/council members or even as opponents depending on alignment choices.

You will probably have a mentor figure, possibly to be determined by your alignment choices before you head off on the big quest.

You will probably hear about/run into/even possibly fight beside or against Revan, Exile, and possibly even Bastila (remember she ran off to find Revan after Korriban fell apart - K1 DS ending, K2 hologram on Korriban). I suppose Revan, Exile, and/or Bastila might join your party, but it would be limited and only for a very short time.

I think what is called the *True Sith* in K2 isn't the original primitive species, but perhaps just a label for something so evil and vile that even the regular sith must fight it as it's too evil even for them.

There will be new stuff, new looks for old stuff, new powers, new feats, hopefully new minigames (perhaps starfighter racing or sabacc), new looks for the PC, and the Ebon Hawk shall rise again!
 Ztalker
09-10-2005, 6:52 AM
I agree with the above...

They might show up on Cioruscant or another Jedi Academy, (depending on choises) so story-coliisions can be avoided...i'd love to see Bao-Dur lead a Zabrak Elite Squad though.......PWNAGE
 ForceFightWMe12
09-10-2005, 10:20 AM
I've seen a lot of good guesses here...

but, what I think is:

Your PC will be the Exile. In the begining, the game designers could ask a series of questions (in substitute of the normal 'create-a-character) that would detail your experiences and game-play in TSL. and then the rest of the game would be pending from there.

I usually like to stay on the LS most of the time (no clue why, DS is always so much fun) so the characters would still be alive.

Party:
Handmaiden/ Deciple
Bao-Dur
HK-47
T3-M4
Canderous/Mandalore
Visas Marr

Unless your DS :D

Now, I have the Xbox game, so I don't know anything about this 'vision' of the Exile's party members, but...

What I think is going to happen:

The game picks up right after you kill Kreia and Sion. You're on the Ebon Hawk, probably in the med-bay, and Handmaiden(If u play LS Male) or someone is taking care of you. You have some kind of vision while unconcious of an ancient planet, surrounded by dark energy and a cloaked figure walking about. Guess who the robed figure is?

So then, you start off and look for info on the planet. You find none, but then somehow (maybe in some Jedi or Sith holocron), find coordinates for some Sith planet that was supposed to be a waste land. So, you then set off, find the planet, run around, probably finding the entire place deserted or battle-scarred or w/e, find Revan, have a big happy reunion, return to Ebon Hawk, find Carth and Bastila, and then find out where the h*ll Revan's been the entire time.

So you find out about the Ancient Sith.

I think Revan will eventually round up the rest of his old crew (Jahuni, Jolee, and everyone unless your DS and killed them all) The rest of the game, you run around with Revan trying to find and kill (possibly join and rule if your DS) the Ancient Sith and restore peace and justice (or chaos and death) to the Republic.

Ta Da.

A lot of you are probably asking, how will they control Revan? He/She was a playable character that you controled? How would the game designers be able to create a character that could change in hundreds of different ways for different players?

I think that maybe, just maybe, you would be able to control the majority of Revan's actions. It will be set what he/she meant to do by running out on the Republic depending on what Side you made him in the begining (DS: ran out to find and rule the Ancient Sith and Bastila ran out after him/her, or she's dead, LS: went out to try and find and kill the Ancient Sith while Bastila stayed behind) and any of the major plot twists as well. Also, maybe Revan's and the Exile's party will be split up at times (Like the Exile's was on Onderon and Dxun) and you will switch between playing as Revan and his/hers party and Exile and his/hers.

I see a lot of you want a new player PC. I certainly DO NOT. I'm tired of the 'who am I? What am I doing here? Whats going on?" thing and I don't think that they would give the series a good ending by winding three stories together. No, sorry, no new PC for me.
 Dark/light
09-20-2005, 12:09 AM
To above poster..

Sorry but that won't work because no one knows what the exile look like or what gender the exile is. And revan too.

Another reason it won't work is because now there are two people(Revan and Exile) are darkside or lightsided and if played at the exile again, then the ebon hawk who is flying to fight the true stih, would be there and your character will start at lv.1 which will never make sense. And it would be short because all you have to do is fight your way to find revan and together, you fight your way to the end to defeat all of them and it would be boring. Or at darksided: The exile either stayed or went to the true sith and try to help master the army and it would be a long time b4 the exile leave his party member at Machlor(forgot spelling) to find other people to help the true sith and this true sith will strike and it would also be boring as hell because there no jedi left since you are darksided and kill them and you use the true sith to defeat the republic and then there probably have to be kotor 4 to find out how the jedi order reborn since it rebuilded by the time Yoda was born and trained.

So this Kotor 3, there HAD to be a new character for either lightsided and destroyed the true sith, or darksided and maybe either destroy the sith for the sith lord title or something or help them or something liek that.
 Vladimir-Vlada
09-20-2005, 5:22 AM
So this Kotor 3, there HAD to be a new character for either lightsided and destroyed the true sith, or darksided and maybe either destroy the sith for the sith lord title or something or help them or something liek that.
But if they make a new character, it would RUIN the story which if ended by KOTOR 3(with Ryan and Revan) would become one of the greatest stories of all times. But if they make a new character which doesn't continue Luke's (Revan's) and Ryan's (Exile's[Ry'ghol's]) story, it would be the WORST attampt at making a sucessfuly RPG story. KOTOR 3 by conitnuing the story of the main characters form 1 and 2 will become the best game ever.

So if Lucasarts has any sense of imagination and creativity, they WILL continue their story (or simply, add a choise to play as either Revan, Ry'ghol (Exile) or a new character).
 Aurora Merlow
09-20-2005, 7:58 AM
i think i have to agree vladimir, i don't want to start over with a new character again, i've already done that twice. i want to finish the story of Revan and the other NPC's of kotor1 and 2 using my original character instead of tieing up their stories with some other new random charcter.

i know it would be hard but i'm sure they can find a way
 fresnosmokey02
09-20-2005, 8:11 AM
There is no way that you will be Revan or Exile, unless you lose all your powers and abilities. Part of the game, and any RPG for that matter, is increasing your powers and abilities. They do this to make the game challenging. You can't just have your PC fully formed and powered at the beginning of the game. If they want to do that, they might as well just come out with a book instead of a game. It might be an interesting read, but it wouldn't be an interesting game. I mean let's be logical here and look at how things should be to make it a good game instead of trying to fit in unrealistic plot items. Therefore, I say you will have a new PC and he/she will discover Revan's and Exile's story(s)/fate(s). That is the way they will resolve the storyline.
 Dark/light
09-20-2005, 4:42 PM
I see some of u want this game to be like a movie...like focusing on one character will be boring if you played all the way from kotor 1 as revan to kotor 3 still as revan(this an example). That why Lucasarts want to make this game more fun choosing one LAST different character and this will be over.....like the above poster said.
 vanir
09-20-2005, 5:10 PM
The trick is because it's a game you need a new pc and new npc's, but the same or similar environment, yet a new story.
The first was pretty inventive. The second I didn't like as much in terms of plot. I'm hoping the third will have the missing element, perhaps a huge fleet battle or something.
What character the pc and his npc's are will depend what plot is ultimately decided upon, with a little something special about the main character added to spice it up.
 TheGreenGoblin
09-20-2005, 6:19 PM
From a story-telling standpoint the Exile would be the best-point. You see right now, we know everything the Exile knows, no more no less. Revan (though I'd love to play as him again) wouldn't be a good choice since he already knows considerably more about the true Sith than we do (I think he should be an npc, but with his robes and mask on to coneal his identity). Playing as the Exile is just the more natural and proper way to proceed.

As for planets, I'd love to see a minimal of established Star Wars planets. We're heading into the Unknown Regions, the true running grounds of the Sith, it would be great to see some original planets, hell a trip to Dagobah would be great.
 RobQel-Droma
09-20-2005, 6:20 PM
I agree with fresnosmokey02 on that. It is highly unlikely that we will be playing either Revan or the Exile. I think it would be cool if you would start out on your home planet and work your way toward the Jedi Temple on Coruscant and start your training. Eventually, you would have to look for Revan and The Exile.
 TheGreenGoblin
09-20-2005, 6:28 PM
The problem I'd have with not playing as the Exile/Revan is that we'd have to cover ground we already know to get back onto the True Sith quest.
 Young Outlaw
09-20-2005, 7:58 PM
Maybe LA should release a book a couple of months before they release KOTOR 3. The book should be about the Exile and what happened after (s)he destroyed Kreia. The book should give everyone that conclusion that we felt after beating KOTOR 1. The end of the book should tie in with the new PC fron the third game.

I think that only the droids should make a return to the party.(seeing how every fan of the series wants them to return) The rest of them should die in the book. I think that revan and the exile should be hidden characters who help U only with the final boss. You shouldn't have any control over them. You also have to spend time looking for clues and doing hidden quest to find them.( that way you wont rush through the game)

One more thing I like to say, if you are a true fan of the games you have played a male and a female character.( also LS and DS for both) So it shouldn't matter which direction the devs(whoever is making the game)take the story. I would be lying if I said i didn't prefer revan to be LSM and the exile to be DSF, but if the story for KOTOR 3 has them both LSM than i'll have to deal with that. Also if their looks don't match the faces I chose for the first to games, I guess i'll have to play both games again to match the faces they chose. Sweet, I guess that would give me a resone to play KOTOR 1 and 2 again:)
 TheGreenGoblin
09-20-2005, 8:17 PM
An interesting idea you have there. Although I don't think it would work simply because anyone that didn't read the book would feel pretty alienated coming into the game, plus the fact that your roleplaying options would be pretty limited. Additionally, I don't think there's a need to kill off npcs, Revan and Exile left their friends and comrades behind to fight the true Sith so they wouldn't even be a factor. Revan as an npc is quite simple, just stick him in robes and mask and have his dialogue be dictated by stating whether he was DS or LS.

As for the PC, I would go with the Exile just for the reasons I stated above, primarily being he's already established, he knows everything we know and that introducing a third pc might be difficult.

I'm also against creating canonical gender or appearence, especially with Revan as it can be masked quite easily. The Exile not so much so. However, the Exile's got his own problems as pc as well. He's already completed his character arc, there's not much mystery to him anymore, etc.

Difficult decision indeed.
 lukeiamyourdad
09-20-2005, 8:31 PM
I'm also against creating canonical gender or appearence, especially with Revan as it can be masked quite easily. The Exile not so much so. However, the Exile's got his own problems as pc as well. He's already completed his character arc, there's not much mystery to him anymore, etc.

In that case, the Exile wouldn't be very interesting since his character arc is pretty much done.
You wouldn't have much choice during the game would you?
 ForceFightWMe12
09-20-2005, 9:54 PM
An interesting idea you have there. Although I don't think it would work simply because anyone that didn't read the book would feel pretty alienated coming into the game, plus the fact that your roleplaying options would be pretty limited. Additionally, I don't think there's a need to kill off npcs, Revan and Exile left their friends and comrades behind to fight the true Sith so they wouldn't even be a factor. Revan as an npc is quite simple, just stick him in robes and mask and have his dialogue be dictated by stating whether he was DS or LS.

As for the PC, I would go with the Exile just for the reasons I stated above, primarily being he's already established, he knows everything we know and that introducing a third pc might be difficult.

Difficult decision indeed.

Okay, green I agree with. Red I do not.

You see, it could work with Revan behind the mask and everything...but if he/she's an NPC, then they would still have to come up with a voice for him/her. And That voice (obviously) would have to be gender specific. So that much at least you would need to decide.

Okay...do we really need a whole ton of mystery to the Exile anymore, when we're dying to try and figure out where Revan is, what he's been doing, and what he was looking for? And after that, where the Ancient Sith are? To me, there's quiet a bit of mystery anyway. Plus, they could introduce an entire new party...along with some old characters (*cough* Bastila *cough cough*), which would leave character arcs to be completed as well.
 RedHawke
09-20-2005, 11:56 PM
We will not be playing Revan or the Exile in the next installment, it just isn't done, and would make the game pointless... utterly pointless! Let's see... the Exile would start at around level 28, level 15 in a Jedi Class with a level 13 Prestiege Class... and as such you would have a 15 minute long unbalanced game, maximum, no way this will happen. There is no progression, there is no time to tell the story. Even with PnP RPG's you do not start a campaign with vetran characters it always ends badly for all involved.

See the whole purpose of an RPG is to start as a level one neophyte character and have to figure out what is going on, whilst unlocking the games story, starting from nothing and becoming the savior of the story, you cannot do that playing the Exile, or even Revan.

How are you going to explain the Exile being level one again... amnesia? P-l-e-a-s-e that has been done to death... There is no reasonable way to have us play the Exile... or Revan in KOTOR III.

There will be a new level one PC and we will find out the fates of both our previous characters as the story unfolds... there is no other way. ;)

There is no way that you will be Revan or Exile, unless you lose all your powers and abilities. Part of the game, and any RPG for that matter, is increasing your powers and abilities. They do this to make the game challenging. You can't just have your PC fully formed and powered at the beginning of the game. If they want to do that, they might as well just come out with a book instead of a game. It might be an interesting read, but it wouldn't be an interesting game. I mean let's be logical here and look at how things should be to make it a good game instead of trying to fit in unrealistic plot items.
Quoted for emphasis! :D
 RobQel-Droma
09-21-2005, 9:37 AM
How are you going to explain the Exile being level one again... amnesia? P-l-e-a-s-e that has been done to death...

Yes, lets please not have any more of that. That is one of the problems I have with playing the Exile or Revan-Along with having to be level 30 or something if so. So, I doubt it, although I still keep getting the feeling that amnesia is starting to become a normal part of KOTOR.
 ChAiNz.2da
09-21-2005, 9:40 AM
although I still keep getting the feeling that amnesia is starting to become a normal part of KOTOR.

hehehe.. reminds me alot of like Star Trek's Time Traveling Space Anomaly Rifts ;)
 ForceFightWMe12
09-22-2005, 10:10 PM
Yeah, definatly no anmneisia anymore. That's just stupid after the second time. REALLY annoying.

But you guys seem to be missing the entire point. The story would be entirly new, yes, just bringing back the old crew. Heck, we could dump the entire old gang (Handmaiden/Desciple, Visas, Bao-Dur, etc etc) and get a new party members. See, with Exile as the PC, then you would simply state what happened in KotOR I and II and continue from there. Now, for the past two games, the plot has been to go to different planets in search of something. In I it was the Star Maps, in II it was the Masters. Instead, you'd run around looking for clues of Revan. When eventually you do, you travel beyond the Outer Rim, trying to find him. You do find him, then run around the Unknown Territories searching for the Ancient Sith. Therefore bringing the series to a close without adding a new character and it would be a pretty good length game. Perhaps longer than the other two, I dunno...
 Bob Lion54
09-22-2005, 10:53 PM
I highly doubt you will be Revan or the Exile. The reasons are already stated above by others.(and in multiple other threads)

HOWEVER, what if the Force was not strong in the outer rim? We know its stronger in some areas, so there has to be areas where its not present at all, or perhaps just very weak. If a Jedi (even a very powerful on) was to travel to these areas, they would not have the ability to use the force as they normally would. Your PC (Revan/Exile) would start from scratch. They would have to learn to reconnect to the Force across the distance.

Or

The outer rim areas could have a strange energy that interfers with the Force. The PC would have to grow stronger to get back his/her powers in this "Force Vacuum."

I don't think that will happen, but people kept saying they didn't see how to explain stating a level 30+ charactor at level 1, so I just thought I would throw that out. Of course, that says nothing for other feats and skills which would have to start at level 1, as well. Though Kreia did say that a Jedi who loses the Force would be less capable that people who never felt it. Maybe that works?

Like I said, I highly doubt you will be Revan ot the Exile, though. I just wanted to provide a possible, though still problematic, way you could be.

hehehe.. reminds me alot of like Star Trek's Time Traveling Space Anomaly Rifts ;)

Makes me wonder how many times something has to happen before its not considered an anomaly. hehe
 RedHawke
09-23-2005, 12:08 AM
[Darth Vader] Nooooooooo! :vadar:

Oops! Revan slipped on a bar of soap in the shower and hit his/her head and got amnesia again... clumsy Revan! :roleyess:

Oops! The Exile was painting the arches over the front door at the Trayus Academy and fell off the repulsor platform and got amnesia... clumsy Exile! :p

I think not! :xp:
 Aurora Merlow
09-23-2005, 5:01 AM
You could get away with Revan starting as say a level 10 and going from there. I know i know, you go higher in kotor1 but it would be similar to say a BG1 to BG2 where you are the same character and start at level 10 and continue the story. Would be hard to do with the exile as i think there was a level limit of 50 in kotor2?
 RobQel-Droma
09-23-2005, 11:58 AM
Maybe you could work out something so that even though Revan has a super high level all the enemies in the unknown regions have a even higher level so he is really not that powerful. However, I like Bob Lion54's idea for a "force vaccuum". But still, I think it would be cool if you play as a new pc and eventually meet up with Revan in the unknown regions and be able to play as him or something, using one of the above ideas to explain why he isn't exactly whooping everbody's butt across the horizon.
 Vladimir-Vlada
09-23-2005, 3:50 PM
We will not be playing Revan or the Exile in the next installment, it just isn't done, and would make the game pointless... utterly pointless! Let's see... the Exile would start at around level 28, level 15 in a Jedi Class with a level 13 Prestiege Class... and as such you would have a 15 minute long unbalanced game, maximum, no way this will happen. There is no progression, there is no time to tell the story. Even with PnP RPG's you do not start a campaign with vetran characters it always ends badly for all involved.

See the whole purpose of an RPG is to start as a level one neophyte character and have to figure out what is going on, whilst unlocking the games story, starting from nothing and becoming the savior of the story, you cannot do that playing the Exile, or even Revan.

How are you going to explain the Exile being level one again... amnesia? P-l-e-a-s-e that has been done to death... There is no reasonable way to have us play the Exile... or Revan in KOTOR III.

There will be a new level one PC and we will find out the fates of both our previous characters as the story unfolds... there is no other way. ;)
So you are willing to sacrifice a great story for the sake of the gameplay? You know most people would play KOTOR 3 because of the story. Let me explain:

I buyed KOTOR 1 because I like RPG's and Star Wars as a whole and I thoguht maybe this game will be great. It turned out to be the best. I buyed KOTOR 2 to see what kind of a story it has. To my surprise it continued the story from KOTOR 1 (with a new character). Even though the KOTOR 2 story wasn't the best, but it made an ending that can lead the story into something MUCH bigger than I hopped to be. The game's story has potential to become the greatest game EPIC of all times, as well the BEST GAME OF ALL TIMES. Under the condition that one or both of them be as PC's, as party member's or game characters (vital ones).

And here you are, complaining that by continuing their story, it would be stupid because: Revan can't have amnesia again and Ry'ghol (Exile) can't be Level 6?

Sorry, but you'll have to come up with a MUCH better argument than that. Revan's amnesia can be a vital asspect of the story.

If they start the next game with another PC, that would be like a completely new story. So they mean what?

Some guy/girl from a desert far far away goes on into life and does a lot of things in the galaxy. And all the enemies are some monsters???

Imagine it to be like this below. This is what the players might think while playing and tell to their friends about this game:

Some guy: "Hey I'm just some guy from some back of the bone village and I became some guy who can do ANYTHING he likes. I can marry someone, I can buy houses, I can buy Force Powers and I can even go to the BATHROOM! You can buy weed also. I'm high on crack now if you haven't noticed by the way. *Smirk* So anyway, the game is easy, just go to some dungeon, they mention some Sith guy, you go and you kill them. You also get some doo-doo brainiac bratty, drunk teen-agers that s**t to you about how you can play poker with them or have a cat-fight. There are some cool shotguns and some weid flash-lights. Maybe the story sucks but the gameplay ROCKS!"

Some other guy: "What do you mean it rocks? You can't marry anyone, you can't buy houses and the fighting system animations remind me of children bashing swords at each other. Also, when you shoot, the comp aims for you. How cool is that?"

Some guy: "But it has some cool RPG elements. Not so many classes, but who the F**K cares? So, you can't complain."

Some other guy: "Yes, I have also noticed that the story sucks? Why didn't they make it better? The story really was good in the past two and in this one the story could have rocked if it continued on the past two with either of the characters."

Some guy: "It's because amnesia would be over-used, it would suck with Revan. It wouldn't make sence and how could you explain by starting Level 1 with the Exile? So it's better that it is a new character."

Some other guy: "But couldn't they at least insert some hack-and-slash? So that we could enjoy cutting our enemies into pieces?"

Some guy: "No, because it is NOT an FPS, it is based on D20 rules and I think that that's the best."

Some other guy: "Well, I must be really dumb to want those things I mentioned. I should agrre with you."

Some guy: "You did a good thing."

^^^ Yes! Enjoy your conservative ways, while the others start throwing rocks at the developers, burning their offices and robbing distribution houses. The game without a great story is the new trend isn't it? Maybe we shouldn't get exited when a potential EPIC story-based game triology starts and ends with just "GREAT" gameplay. Thanks a lot!

Ha Ha! I hope you get thee point from the above. :xp: :xp: :xp:

And yes! I am pretty sure that a lot of people have an idea for the story that would fit with you starting as Revan or the Ry'ghol at Level 1.

And just because someone who doesn't agree with the youth that Revan or Ry'ghol (Exile) should be a party member or PC, is a honorary member with 2000+ posts doesn't mean that we should call that one a genius and that we should agree with that one. LOL HA HA HA HA :lol: :rofl: :) ;) :D :xp:
 ForceFightWMe12
09-23-2005, 4:16 PM
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

LOL! YES! Thank you! My point exactly. If they started with a new character, then the story would turn out to be hillariously BAD. Or deadly bad, take your pick. I mean...its just too late to introduce a new character into this whole thing when its the last game. I'm not saying it is definatly the last game, but I'd rather KotOR be a trilogy, rather than a seiries of games going on and on and on and on till infinity and NEVER finishing the original plot line.

And I don't really see what's the big deal with you suddenly having to start at level one again. To tell the truth, I could care LESS. I really dont give a sh*t if we have to start from negative 50 or something. Gimme a break.
 RobQel-Droma
09-23-2005, 4:33 PM
Good point Vladimir-Vlada. I still think that that would be cool to be a new character (and not have to go through amnesia either if its there), but I do think that Revan and the Exile should be party members, although I would like it also if I was Revan. And yes, there are a lot of great ideas for why Revan or Exile is at level one. I think it was BOB LION54 who suggested that there would be kind of a force vaccuum in the Unknown Regions which would interfere with your connection to the force. There is a lot others, but I am not going to quote all of them.
Anyways, I agree mostly with you. I don't understand why people have all these problems with Revan or the Exile even just appearing again.
 Vladimir-Vlada
09-23-2005, 4:59 PM
And I don't really see what's the big deal with you suddenly having to start at level one again. To tell the truth, I could care LESS. I really dont give a sh*t if we have to start from negative 50 or something. Gimme a break.
My point exatcly. What's the fuss about either of them being level 1? That can even be a vital point of the story (in my version at least).

I don't understand why people have all these problems with Revan or the Exile even just appearing again.
Well, it's mostly those who like old style RPG's.

Sorry people, your versions of new characters without the old ones, new story of the same theme may work with knights, princesses, kings, swords, axes, bows, wizards, dragons, demons and dark magic lords, but it doesn't with Star Wars. :)
 JediKnight707
09-23-2005, 7:57 PM
Well I havent read many of the posts, I'm short on time here so I don't know if any of this has come up before, but hers what I think:

1.) NEW PARTY MEMBERS!!!!!
2.) new character!!!!
3.) New Jedi Masters (maybe your exile as one?)
4.) I doubt they are going to do this: but Online Play!!!
 RobQel-Droma
09-23-2005, 8:24 PM
Anyways, what I was going to add to my earlier post before I had to get off for a while, was that I still am not quite sure how they're are going to work in being Revan if you've been exploring the unknown regions for 5+ years and having seen lots of stuff and maybe found what he was trying to find. Of course they could have him start right after Exile defeated Traya at Malachor, and so the time period would not be so long and therefore they wouldn't have to explain so much. I have gotten kind of tired of amnesia, so I just hope they will come up with something different. Of course, when I first found this site I wanted only to play as Revan, but then I decided it would be cool if we started as a new character because Revan was too powerful and all the other stuff people have suggested why we couldn't play as Revan, but after hearing some ideas to explain for this stuff I am unfortunately starting to waffle again. :dozey:
 lukeiamyourdad
09-23-2005, 8:35 PM
Instead of mindless bashing on the opposing argument, perhaps somebody could come up with something better then "the story will suck with a new PC".
What I don't understand is that strict very conservative mindset. If it's new, it's bad.
We don't need to play as the old characters. We can have a very interesting story with a whole new character. How many of you, complained about there being a new PC in TSL? How many whined about that? So many. What happens now? "We want the Exile back."

I already explained how you can make a new PC totally interesting, how the gameplay with Revan or the Exile again would simply be bad.

Devon once argued that we should litteraly have to choose our light or dark allegiance in the beginning. To that, the answer was in no way we should destroy one of the core gameplay mechanics and perhaps the most popular one, which is the ability to choose your alignment based on your actions.
You cannot have a neutral Revan at the beginning of K3 as you cannot have a neutral Exile either.
It makes no sense, worse then the whole starting at level 1. He went dark, went back to the light and then becomes neutral again? What the hell?
Another story of amnesia? Give me a break, we've been there, accusing us of being conservative, those who even consider that idea are even more conservative, trying to keep an old and already used formula.

Force vacuum? That sounds way too farfetched or something coming from some bad EU author who tried too hard to come up with a "cool" element.

Up to now, there has been no intelligent, well formulated argument on why the story would suck if we played with a new PC. All the partisans of that idea can come up with is:"But it wouldn't finish the storyline!"
Why would it not? What if you play Revan's son looking for his father or mother? Has anyone of you even considered any possibilities?
Or is the argument down to:"I like Revan/Exile. I want to play as Revan/Exile."

I won't point fingers at anyone, but a lot of "ideas" might sound "nice" on paper but put into a more physical form, it might not work at all. Hell, some of the ideas some people have would simply destroy the game, I'll say it clearly, that's what I think some of you want. For a "cool" factor, you're ready to sacrifice the gameplay.

I'll conclude with this matter. We all want a good story but this is a video game. If the gameplay is horrible, the game is horrible, the story then becomes just another thing on the side people forgot, however good it is, simply because playing the game became like working in an african diamond mine.

Second matter, FPS gameplay. This is also something about the "cool" factor that doesn't work in reality. It might look or sound nice on paper, but it's not going to work in an RPG. End of the line.

Finally, I'll have to say something about veterans. Veterans are not gods, they're not smarter or wiser then anyone. They only have more experience then most newbies about posting here at LFN.
Thus most of them also are quite knowledgeable about certain genres of video game. We have played them forever, we still play them, we know how it works inside and out.
But you don't have to be a veteran to be knowledgeable about anything. You don't need 2000+ posts to be able to handle an intelligent conversation.
If a newbie, acts mature, discuss with good arguments, he will be respected as much as any veteran.
Look at Hai Wan. He doesn't have that many posts yet I have a lot of respect for him.
Commas also. He was the only defensor of the "Exile for K3" philosophy that came up with good solid arguments.
If you can come up with good solid arguments, ways to truly convince the most "conservative" veteran, then your voice will be heard.
If the only thing you can come up with is:"But that would be so cool!" then no, nobody will listen to you.

LIYAD out.
 Bob Lion54
09-23-2005, 9:05 PM
It makes no sense, worse Force vacuum? That sounds way too farfetched or something coming from some bad EU author who tried too hard to come up with a "cool" element.

hehehe......that it does. Like I said, it was just a possible way to see Revan/Exile in K3.
 RobQel-Droma
09-23-2005, 9:11 PM
Devon once argued that we should litteraly have to choose our light or dark allegiance in the beginning. To that, the answer was in no way we should destroy one of the core gameplay mechanics and perhaps the most popular one, which is the ability to choose your alignment based on your actions.
You cannot have a neutral Revan at the beginning of K3 as you cannot have a neutral Exile either.
It makes no sense, worse then the whole starting at level 1. He went dark, went back to the light and then becomes neutral again? What the hell?

There has been a lot of ideas on how they would be chosen either too be light or dark. What about in KOTOR II? Depending on what you said about him/her, Revan would be set too dark or light side. Have you ever thought about having a prologue playing as a different character and talking to somebody about Revan, therefore setting Revan to either light or dark?

Second matter, FPS gameplay. This is also something about the "cool" factor that doesn't work in reality. It might look or sound nice on paper, but it's not going to work in an RPG. End of the line.

Now that I do agree with. KOTOR started out as an RPG, it should stay that way, especially with something that big.

Force vacuum? That sounds way too farfetched or something coming from some bad EU author who tried too hard to come up with a "cool" element.

Whats wrong with that? As whoever pointed it out, the force is stronger in some areas than others, and so the force is weaker in areas than others. It just means your connection to the force is a lot weaker. What about those cages that prevented force users from using the force that palpatine and others used to imprison jedi? Besides, thats not the only idea.

All that said, I am not saying that it would be bad to have an new pc, in fact that is my original story idea for KOTOR III. It is just that I am still not sure now what the story will be, especially since there is a lot of ways it could work either as Revan/New PC.
 lukeiamyourdad
09-23-2005, 9:19 PM
There has been a lot of ideas on how they would be chosen either too be light or dark. What about in KOTOR II? Depending on what you said about him/her, Revan would be set too dark or light side. Have you ever thought about having a prologue playing as a different character and talking to somebody about Revan, therefore setting Revan to either light or dark?

It is entirely different. When you play an RPG such as KotoR, you have the chance to choose your alignment by the actions you do. If it's choosing before or at the end (like in K1 which is something I always frowned upon), it simply removes one of the core mechanics of the game.
In K2, you didn't play with Revan, that's why it simply didn't matter.

Whats wrong with that? As whoever pointed it out, the force is stronger in some areas than others, and so the force is weaker in areas than others. It just means your connection to the force is a lot weaker. What about those cages that prevented force users from using the force that palpatine and others used to imprison jedi? Besides, thats not the only idea.

To me, it simply sounds stupid. It would not make sense to go fight these big bad strong in the Force Sith Lords when the area around is "force weak".

All that said, I am not saying that it would be bad to have an new pc, in fact that is my original story idea for KOTOR III. It is just that I am still not sure now what the story will be, especially since there is a lot of ways it could work either as Revan/New PC.

I don't know what the story could be either. I'm just saying pro-Revan people haven't come up with any solid argument other then "it could suck". Hell, it's not even like that, it's:"It will suck".
 RobQel-Droma
09-23-2005, 9:44 PM
You have a lot of good points there LIYAD.

To me, it simply sounds stupid. It would not make sense to go fight these big bad strong in the Force Sith Lords when the area around is "force weak".

True, but there are areas where the dark side of the force is so strong that light side users can not regain or even in extreme cases use the force. Of course, I am not sure how this would work for dark siders unless you went up against some kind of Jedi and Sith enemies like the "true sith". But that might have to create an actual "grey" side of the force, which might be a bit corny. So, this is probably in favor of making a new PC.

It is entirely different. When you play an RPG such as KotoR, you have the chance to choose your alignment by the actions you do. If it's choosing before or at the end (like in K1 which is something I always frowned upon), it simply removes one of the core mechanics of the game.
In K2, you didn't play with Revan, that's why it simply didn't matter.

But you don't have to make him a light/dark side mastery character, you could just imply which side he was just oriented toward, therefore making he slightly light, giving him full choice which side he wants to go to. Or, you could start out as Revan in a prologue making big choices therefore automatically sending to which side he was heading toward. Besides, just because he ended KotOR as either dark or light side doesn't mean he stayed that way. If he was light side he could have become a bit darker after being in the unknown regions.

However, I might be a bit hard to try and wrap up three characters in one game. I mean, unless we were playing a guy with "no name and no past" who just got created out of the blue. Revan and the Exile still have to be wrapped up, so I don't think that it would be good if we were playing somebody who would have to have a good story and be all completed and everything done with him and two others at the end.
 lukeiamyourdad
09-23-2005, 9:51 PM
But you don't have to make him a light/dark side mastery character, you could just imply which side he was just oriented toward, therefore making he slightly light, giving him full choice which side he wants to go to. Or, you could start out as Revan in a prologue making big choices therefore automatically sending to which side he was heading toward. Besides, just because he ended KotOR as either dark or light side doesn't mean he stayed that way. If he was light side he could have become a bit darker after being in the unknown regions.

Of course not, but you've played a previous game which made Revan either a mighty Sith Lord or a great Light Side Jedi. Why would he change alignment again? It simply limits the logical things you can do. He becomes the Dark Lord and then decides to become light again? Just like that? Doesn't make much sense. Of course, you could say that it's already something you can do in the game, but from a story perspective it makes little sense.
Besides, not many toyed with that.

However, I might be a bit hard to try and wrap up three characters in one game. I mean, unless we were playing a guy with "no name and no past" who just got created out of the blue. Revan and the Exile still have to be wrapped up, so I don't think that it would be good if we were playing somebody who would have to have a good story and be all completed and everything done with him and two others at the end.

The game could be longer and the new PC could be less grand character like Revan or the Exile. Besides, the only true way to wrap things up is to kill them all off. Then there's no way for a sequel.
So in a way, the wrapping things up is only relative. Their stories will end in some way or another, but it might never be wrapped up enough for some people.
Page: 1 of 2