Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

All About The Exile and Revan

Page: 1 of 1
 Phil8
08-10-2005, 6:56 PM
not sure where to put this ,but i enjoyed reading it and thought it was probably worth posting.

You can find out the full stories about all the characters in KOTOR1 And 2.

Here are the links for Exile and Revan

Revan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darth_Revan)

Exile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi_Exile)

Cheers
 Jeff
08-10-2005, 7:10 PM
Welcome to swk, Phil!

I have already seen these, but I'm sure others haven't. :)
 Venom750
08-10-2005, 7:11 PM
I don't really trust Wikipedia because people can put whatever on there.
 Jeff
08-10-2005, 7:37 PM
But most of it is true though
 Phil8
08-10-2005, 7:55 PM
Thanks Darth Moeller

Originally Posted by Venom750

---

All Seems pretty accurate to me, as do the rest of the characters storys/bios.
 Aiden Star
08-11-2005, 1:30 AM
I read that before TSL. Luckily I didnt do it before KOTOR1 and spoiling the Surprise!!
 lightexile
08-18-2005, 10:29 AM
Personally I love Wikipedia. And I agree 100 percent with their dipictions of the "true" Revan and Exile.
 IndianaSolo
08-18-2005, 1:53 PM
The only problem with the article about Revan is it states that a LS male Revan is canon. That's never been confirmed by the brass at Lucasfilm. The databank entries on the official site suggest a LS ending, but nowhere does it say for certain that Revan was male. Even Bastila and Carth's entries shy away from mentioning romance with Revan as not to define Revan as male or female.
 Emperor Devon
08-18-2005, 4:34 PM
Wikpedia has some very good articles, but it's annoying how they say Revan was redeemed, and that the Exile was male and on the Light Side.
 IndianaSolo
08-18-2005, 4:55 PM
Wikpedia has some very good articles, but it's annoying how they say Revan was redeemed, and that the Exile was male and on the Light Side.

Which is why they can't be taken too seriously or used as "proof" of anything. They're too subjective.
 90SK
08-18-2005, 5:50 PM
It would be a trick indeed to not be so subjective, though. Referring to each character as he/she and listing all the gender-specific sub quests would be pointless and confusing.

I found each article to be perfectly accurate with the game (and the "Master Planner" bit for Revan was particularly intriguing).
 IndianaSolo
08-18-2005, 6:08 PM
It would be a trick indeed to not be so subjective, though. Referring to each character as he/she and listing all the gender-specific sub quests would be pointless and confusing.

I found each article to be perfectly accurate with the game (and the "Master Planner" bit for Revan was particularly intriguing).

Except for that part about stating that Revan being male is "canonical" when that's not true.

I'm not saying the articles aren't interesting, I'm just saying they're not always 100% accurate.
 RedHawke
08-19-2005, 12:04 AM
Except for that part about stating that Revan being male is "canonical" when that's not true.
This has been discussed before and Revan being Male, and the LS KOTOR I ending, is "cannon" according to LucasArts, or was it Lucasfilms, one of them... the same would go with the Exile in KOTOR II: TSL...

Prime could fill you in on it better than I.
 IndianaSolo
08-19-2005, 12:08 AM
This has been discussed before and Revan being Male, and the LS KOTOR I ending, is "cannon" according to LucasArts, or was it Lucasfilms, one of them... the same would go with the Exile in KOTOR II: TSL...

Prime could fill you in on it better than I.

I'll preface this by saying I don't intend this in a harsh tone, but rather a curious tone, but do you have a link to that?

Because the databank entries don't state that Revan is male. And the last time I was on the starwars.com official forums and saw someone ask about it, Leland Chee left it at "we're undecided at the moment". Mind you that was about 9 months ago or so, but I've yet to see proof (official proof, not just someone stating it as fact) that canon states Revan is male.
 RedHawke
08-19-2005, 12:48 AM
I'll preface this by saying I don't intend this in a harsh tone, but rather a curious tone, but do you have a link to that?
Sorry I cannot, I have been trying to find that thread but the new search function is being quite uncooprative, so your best bet would be PM-ing Prime and asking him about this as he was the one who originally posted the info. ;)

Or if Prime reads this he could be so kind as to post the info again. :D

@asking for a link is never harsh... :)
 IndianaSolo
08-19-2005, 1:17 PM
You're right about Revan being male.

Tasty Taste's official stance (http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jspa?threadID=152583&start=420)

Alternate endings and customizable characters are noted in the Continuity Notes field. If needed, a definitive ending is chosen (ie the light side ending in Jedi Knight) and recorded into the database. Another example is the decision to make Revan a male character. Again, these types of things are only determined when needed.
 SITHSLAYER133
08-23-2005, 11:30 PM
does any one no where revan came from i mean his homeworld
 Jeff
08-23-2005, 11:46 PM
does any one no where revan came from i mean his homeworld
In K1, when asked by Bastila, he claims his homeworld is Derelia. Of course, you could also say that it's Kashyyyk.
 IndianaSolo
08-24-2005, 1:20 PM
In K1, when asked by Bastila, he claims his homeworld is Derelia. Of course, you could also say that it's Kashyyyk.

I wonder if we'll ever find out if that was truly his homeworld, or if that was just his "implanted memory" homeworld.
 Vladimir-Vlada
08-26-2005, 7:27 PM
"Because the databank entries don't state that Revan is male. And the last time I was on the starwars.com official forums and saw someone ask about it, Leland Chee left it at "we're undecided at the moment". "
There isn't even a article about Revan or the Exile in the databank.

"In K1, when asked by Bastila, he claims his homeworld is Derelia. Of course, you could also say that it's Kashyyyk."
To me Delaria (Derelia, I don't know which one) seems like a pretty good solution.

The Exile might have been raised on Dantooine...
 Palpatine_dc
08-26-2005, 7:51 PM
Revans history as it is now, is not complete enough to determine his/her homeplanet. If, like most Jedi, he/she is found at a very young age and trained by the Jedi, his/her homeworld would be Dantooпne or Coruscant. Then the question is what was Revans place of birth?
 _Phaedrus_
08-27-2005, 12:23 PM
**!!SPOILER WARNING!!**

In a dialogue sequence between the PC and Bastila in K1, it is revealed that the PC's homeworld is a Deralia, a planet laying in a remote system. This is subject to debate, of course, since the PC's memories of Deralia, or Deralia itself, could have been simply another memory downloaded into Revan's brain by the Jedi council...
 IndianaSolo
08-27-2005, 1:35 PM
**!!SPOILER WARNING!!**

In a dialogue sequence between the PC and Bastila in K1, it is revealed that the PC's homeworld is a Deralia, a planet laying in a remote system. This is subject to debate, of course, since the PC's memories of Deralia, or Deralia itself, could have been simply another memory downloaded into Revan's brain by the Jedi council...

I already said that about 2 or 3 posts above yours. :smash:
 Emperor Devon
08-27-2005, 1:49 PM
To me Delaria (Derelia, I don't know which one) seems like a pretty good solution.

I don't think so. When Revan answered that question, his mind was full of false memories.

It's more likely that Kreia was right - she said Revan was born beyond the Outer Rim.

The Exile might have been raised on Dantooine...

I think she was raised on Coruscant, and then went to Dantooine when she achieved the rank of Padawan. Kavar is a member of the High Jedi Council, so he would naturally be on Coruscant. Kavar also says to the Exile "When I first sparred with you, I could tell that you were different." I doubt Kavar would travel halfway across the galaxy just to spar with some Padawans, so that must imply the Exile lieved on Coruscant.
 SITHSLAYER133
08-28-2005, 7:35 AM
he might even be a true sith
 DarkMe
08-28-2005, 7:49 AM

Indeed......let's all ponder on that....
 IndianaSolo
08-28-2005, 1:36 PM

That would be the dumbest idea ever. But since we know what Lucasarts is like with their ideas, chances are you're correct. :D
 montnoir
08-28-2005, 3:23 PM
Haa-ha! Funniest today!
 montnoir
08-28-2005, 3:28 PM
It's more likely that Kreia was right - she said Revan was born beyond the Outer Rim.

Kreia is also a manipulative b*tch and is also known to never ever tell the truth.

I think she was raised on Coruscant, and then went to Dantooine when she achieved the rank of Padawan. Kavar is a member of the High Jedi Council, so he would naturally be on Coruscant. Kavar also says to the Exile "When I first sparred with you, I could tell that you were different." I doubt Kavar would travel halfway across the galaxy just to spar with some Padawans, so that must imply the Exile lieved on Coruscant.
Considering the Jedi Temple was on Coruscant, the only thing this means is that the exile studied at the temple. It says nothing about the planet of birth or where the exile was raised.
 SITHSLAYER133
09-04-2005, 8:22 PM
think about i rember kreia saying he was born on the outer rim
 JediRevan
09-08-2005, 12:26 PM
I just read the wikipedia on the exile. In KOTOR 2, if played as female, Disciple states the the Exile was a Jedi Knight when she left for the Mandalorian Wars not a padawan.
 JediRevan
09-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Neither game suggests the sex of Revan or the Exile. It is only assumption that they were male and not female.
 rgdelta
09-09-2005, 5:09 AM
No mention as to the exile but as to Revan it is Stated Revan was Male in the Cannon at Lucas as mentioned in this Thread (http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jspa?threadID=152583&start=420) briefly

The exact quote is

Alternate endings and customizable characters are noted in the Continuity Notes field. If needed, a definitive ending is chosen (ie the light side ending in Jedi Knight) and recorded into the database. Another example is the decision to make Revan a male character. Again, these types of things are only determined when needed.

The Holocron is the internal Lucas Database for all Continuity Cannon and the statement was made by Tasty Taste who is Database Content Administrator, Lucas Licensing means that this person KEEPS the official Holocron.

So the official cannon is Revan is Male.
 jedi3112
09-09-2005, 7:21 AM
I don't really consider the info to be that accurate. Simply because it goes into stuff that is subject to the gamer. IMO there are tons of Revans out there, and the same goes for Exiles. If they want to keep it accurate, IMO they should keep it to pre-KOTOR info. Also they removed the mystery from the characters this way. A more internal point of view would be better. The text should be like if it was written prior to the beginning of K1 (textstyles, etc. if you know what I mean).
 Smilodon
09-09-2005, 7:41 AM
Wikipedia's KOTOR articles are good when you're looking for general information only of course. But since KOTOR and TSL are games with open plots, it should be clear that the articles also include subjective opinions.

I think it should be up to the imaginations of gamers to decide whether Revan or the Exile is female/male or DS/LS. If TSL would've started with determining Revan's fate then it would be pretty clear that this would be canonical. TSL gives you a whole bunch of possibilities for Revan's personality when talking to Atton and leaves it up to you to develop the Exile, hard to say which ending is "true" or "alternative".

But with the fact that the classical SW saga had a happy ending, personally I would also expect a LS ending as canon.
 JediRevan
09-09-2005, 9:12 AM
I have read all the websites that have anything concerning Revan and the Exile, only someone who is biased would assume that they were both male.
 Prime
09-09-2005, 9:43 AM
I have read all the websites that have anything concerning Revan and the Exile, only someone who is biased would assume that they were both male.But since it lines up with my bias, I couldn't be more pleased. :)
 TheOssusKeeper
09-09-2005, 11:08 AM
But since it lines up with my bias, I couldn't be more pleased. :)

funny Prime :lol:
but seriously, according to LA Revan was a man, don't know about the Exile though.
 IndianaSolo
09-09-2005, 1:41 PM
funny Prime :lol:
but seriously, according to LA Revan was a man, don't know about the Exile though.

Check my post in the thread on this page about canonical endings. :D
 TheOssusKeeper
09-09-2005, 1:45 PM
Check my post in the thread on this page about canonical endings. :D

Just did, it's undecided about the Exile...
 Sabretooth
09-10-2005, 5:20 AM

Wikipedia runs under a strict moderation system, meaning that even if a word is found untrue, it gets deleted. The new system has been introduced to counter the increasing mischief and fake information given by users.

I've been there, BTW.
 ExtreamJedi12
09-10-2005, 9:26 AM
Wikipedia runs under a strict moderation system, meaning that even if a word is found untrue, it gets deleted. The new system has been introduced to counter the increasing mischief and fake information given by users.

I've been there, BTW.

I'm with u on that 1.
 Vladimir-Vlada
09-10-2005, 9:59 AM
"I don't think so. When Revan answered that question, his mind was full of false memories.

"

What makes you think that Delaria isn't in the Outer Rim. He said clearly:
"Delaria, a remote planet in the Outer Rim. Why?"
So, obviously, Revan was born and raised on Delaria.

"I think she was raised on Coruscant, and then went to Dantooine when she achieved the rank of Padawan. Kavar is a member of the High Jedi Council, so he would naturally be on Coruscant. Kavar also says to the Exile "When I first sparred with you, I could tell that you were different." I doubt Kavar would travel halfway across the galaxy just to spar with some Padawans, so that must imply the Exile lieved on Coruscant.
"
Vrook was a member of the High Counsil, and he didn't live in a fancy appartment on Coruscant, so that doesn't have to mean that Kavar never went to some planet to check on some students.

But, who are we to deciede? :D
 IndianaSolo
09-10-2005, 11:40 PM
What makes you think that Delaria isn't in the Outer Rim. He said clearly:
"Delaria, a remote planet in the Outer Rim. Why?"
So, obviously, Revan was born and raised on Delaria.

That was one dialogue option. So was saying he's a Wookiee from Kashyyyk. So since he clearly said it, Revan's obviously a Wookiee right?
 Vladimir-Vlada
09-11-2005, 11:41 AM
^^^^^

Oh, very funny! :p What? Great joke? Yeah, right. :xp:
 IndianaSolo
09-11-2005, 2:15 PM
It wasn't really meant as a joke, but more to show your argument wasn't valid.

You implied that because Revan said he was from Delaria (sp?) then that "obviously" meant that's where he was from. Using that logic, then it's just as valid that Revan is a Wookiee from Kashyyyk because he said so.

In other words, there's still no proof that Delaria (sp?) wasn't just an implanted memory, rather than his actual homeworld. What Revan said alone is not proof.
 Vladimir-Vlada
09-11-2005, 3:14 PM
^^^^^

But Bastila said that she looked through his records. If you answer to her that you are a Wookie from Kashyyk, she will go all: "You are childish.", but if you say that you are from Delaria, then she will calm down. Even though there is no real proof that Revan was from Delaria and that the "homeplanet" from which he came from was not a fake memory, there is not much choice really. Unless, of course, he was raised on Dantooine... :snear:
 SITHSLAYER133
09-13-2005, 6:07 AM
i still think lucasarts will set him up as a true sith
Page: 1 of 1