Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What you'd like in KOTOR III..

Page: 5 of 7
 NomadInvader
04-24-2006, 3:16 PM
A fairly up-to-date game engine. The Odyssey(sp?) engine is obsolete now. The graphic limitations strain my eyes(on high!) after playing Oblivion(PC, of course). I suggest they should use the engine that is being used to develop NWN2 as it is fairly up-to-date. If not, they should develop a new engine(not a good approach). With today's culture, graphics matter.
 firehead2591
04-24-2006, 5:16 PM
new engine.....allthough i did really like it maybe it could be SUPER ODYSSEY 5000. and NO i mean absolutly no real time combat(i like it but the other ones were turn based and it would be dumb to change it). other than that i don't care....make it longer this time around
 milo
04-30-2006, 8:58 PM
1. Brand new PC. I'm sorry, but it really bugs me with all these people going on about wanting to play as Revan/Exile. They have gone to the "unknown regions", on a quest that the game heavily implies they will never return from. Plus if you were Revan or the Exile, you would have to start the game as a top level jedi, so you wouldn't be able to customise your character as much. Plus, whilst it would be nice to know what happened to them, I think that it is better to leave it to speculation, its more interesting that way. Rant over.

I agree with this, except, while I do want an all new PC, I still would like to know what happened to Revan and the Exile.
Also,

2. Return of Ebon Hawk, T3-M4 & HK-47, with HK available from the start this time.

Gotta have the droids back, fer sure :)
I can't think of anything else I really want right now. Just so long as they actually make KOTOR III, and it's good, then I'll be happy.
 Fortnox
05-01-2006, 7:10 AM
Screw the Ebon Hawk, it sucks :P You should be able to pick what ship you want, buy better ones later ones later on and possibly upgrade them, though the Ebon Hawk could be a unlockable/secerete/cheat.
 Lord_MalaKdoggk
05-08-2006, 12:23 PM
Aside from the obvious (a COMPLETE game) I'd take a cue from 'Wing Commander:Privateer' the ability to buy/mod your own ship, and the ability to freely roam space (perhaps run a few smuggling missions for some cash).
 igyman
05-09-2006, 7:57 AM
Whoa, this is gonna be a long list:

-To play as Revan
-HK-47 in my party
-A great and original storyline
-A complete game, no loose ends unless they are intended for a fourth part of the game
-An interesting villain
-IF we get a new main character (and I don't get the first thing on my list), we should get a new ship, too.
-Coruscant and the Jedi Temple located there
-More aliens in my party
-Jedi Robes from KoTOR 1, or a completely new design - definitely not the movie, nor the TSL version
-More cool force powers like Force Crush from TSL

Well, that's all for now. :)
 Prime
05-09-2006, 8:40 AM
I want a good story, but other than that I don't care as long as the character isn't Revan or the Exile.
 RedHawke
05-09-2006, 9:52 PM
I want a good story, but other than that I don't care as long as the character isn't Revan or the Exile.
Ditto! :D

Besides we won't be playing Revan or the Exile because despite the poor misguided lot who think a game playing them would be cool, it isn't. Their stories have been told. There is nothing left to discvover.

Also you are alienating the ones who like to build their characters... these kinds of games have to cater to all the various players that play them not just the powergamers. ;)

Lastly, having Revan or the Exile with brain damage or loss of force skills once more would be one time too many IMHO.

Poor Revan... slipped on a bar of soap in the shower and hit her head, now she is level one again! :roleyess:

-Or-

Poor Exile he walked in between two active power couplings and lost his force powers again! :rolleyes:

No thanks.
 Maser Splinter
05-09-2006, 9:59 PM
Ditto! :D

Besides we won't be playing Revan or the Exile because despite the poor misguided lot who think a game playing them would be cool, it isn't. Their stories have been told. There is nothing left to discvover.

Lastly, having Revan or the Exile with brain damage or loss of force skills once more would be one time too many IMHO.

Poor Revan... slipped on a bar of soap in the shower and hit her head, now she is level one again! :roleyess:

-Or-

Poor Exile he walked in between two active power couplings and lost his force powers again! :rolleyes:

No thanks.

Nothing left to discover? What did Revan discover about himself in the first game, other than...that he's Revan? What didn't he discover? Let's see...why he turned to the dark side to begin with, which is a big one. And the exile still has yet to discover the 'true sith'.

Is it necessary for us to play as these characters to get these answers? No, but I for one don't want to play as another PC that becomes the ultimate Force user in the galaxy searching for what happened to the other 2 ultimates that came before him.
 RedHawke
05-10-2006, 12:15 AM
^^^^
There is no logical reason to play the same characters as before, sorry but people need to realise the types of players you need to attract that play these kinds of games. You have 3 basic types and you need to cater to them all or else your game will flop.

Also remember, if we were going to have a continuing saga sort of game expirience we would have played Revan in TSL, but we didn't, the Exile was introduced, why? It severely restrains the storyline and the way the game would have been presented for us to play Revan. To now all of a sudden continue with the Exile or now play Revan again is not really a smart move. Starting with a level 20+ character is never a good thing as you alienate one of the player types who play these games, along with limit the actual challenge, who needs to advance or have their character grow any more when you can tackle everything in the beginning? This makes no sense.

We will have a new level one PC, there is no option otherwise, no matter what those who share your opinions think to the contrary... sorry it just isn't in the cards.

And yes there is nothing left to "discover" about who Revan or the Exile are, as we defined that ourselves in KotOR and TSL as that is what they were all about. Or did I get some sort of unique version of the game that no one else has? Hmm...

As far as Revan's motivations before KotOR I... we don't 'need' to play either of the previous 2 characters to be able to investigate this, as I think this would weigh heavily in any possible KotOR III storyline Revan's motivations will likely become clear... to our new PC.
 Darth Manus
05-10-2006, 9:22 AM
Well, at the very least, I wouldn't mind seeing those two (and Bastila) somewhere along the game. With all the foreshadowing in TSL, it would be interesting if you could interact with them, maybe join them in a final battle or something like that. There's still a certain lack of closure.
 Prime
05-10-2006, 10:22 AM
What didn't he discover? Let's see...why he turned to the dark side to begin with, which is a big one. We already know that. Read the Chronicles.
 kotor_freak
05-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Ok My ideas if kotor 3 is coming out:
1) Like the idea of thwe whole pulling your robe up thing. Awesome
2) Species selection so you can choose what species like twi-lek or something
3) Be able to improve the ebon hawk! So you can have different styles or something like more guns!
4) Different styles of saber hilts
5) Like said in a previous comment, be able to find Revans robe and wear it!
6) Maybe that when you like improve strength or something you can see the muscular development.

Thats all my ideas, if i get any more i'll be sure to post!
 darklord_malak
06-14-2006, 10:44 AM
those are all ideas i like too, but the main thing that i want to see is a sith lord that is the ultimate a sith lord the makes you really like the dark side. i like in kotor 2 that they had multiple sith lords, they should do it again.
 reaper36
08-07-2006, 12:59 AM
they should let you create your own armor and lightsaber to make it look like what you want
 Alan Frost
08-07-2006, 6:17 AM
These are my ideas
1.A new character:
After learning about Revan and the Exile (which are excelent storyes) we need a new Avatar. But this time we need species to choose. The whole idea that humans are the best force users and the stongest of all isnt working anymore. What we need is a WOOKIE!!;)Or a Miraluka with a headband.
2.Ebon Hawk STAYS!!:
But this time you dont get him in the begining. First you have your own ship whit a name like ''Screaming Mimi'':)or something like that. Then later in the game he gets in the Ebon Hawk. I agree they should let you modify it or even upgrade it in some way.
3.Revan and the Exile:
I had an idea.What if Revan and The Exile become party members.And their aperance. Maybe Revan can come back with his armor and mask, and the Exile wears Nihiluses mask. And their gender and Force afinithy can be set through conversation with someone, lets say HK-47:).
4.The lightsaber:
The tool of the Jedi and the weapon of the Sith should be your own custom made. I agree on this because seeing Count Dookus lightsaber and Obi-Wans I became jelous.
5.Corusant:
Thats a bad idea because the storyline is the Unknown Regions of known space in Star Wars. I know that The silver spings are a sight for sore eyes, but not yet.
Maybe later when you need to warn the... O forgot that the Jedi Order are almost extinct!
6.The vilain:
There will always be a Sith Lord out there. But this guy should be different.Maybe a brain in a jar, or a panda abomination:);)Either way the Sith'ari are products of Sith alchemy so glowing red eyes and a bio-mechanical body should be a good choise.
7.And the story:
A cool thing would be if The Exile and Revan start dueling over something like "You have betrayed us!""No you did!""ARRrrrg!!" etc, etc...And then you come and seperate them with a force push or with persuasion making them realise they need to work together.
8.Conclusion:
This is a long post of ideas, but what the hec, I sed what I though and thats it!
 Scars Unseen
08-07-2006, 7:20 AM
OK, here's my list of things to put in...

1)Bring the game a bit closer to the RPG in terms of rules

I'm thinking of the kind of parallel that NWN and sequel draw to D&D. It wouldn't be too difficult, as much of it would simply be alterations of already existing code for NWN2(If they used the same engine... I'm assuming they would since it would decrease development costs signifigantly).

2)Include an apprenticeship system, and make it more involved than the Influence system of TSL

Similar to how Kreia overlooked the Exile's retraining, have your character able to take on a padawan(or apprentice if Dark Side). Unlike TSL where the goal was basically to make most of your followers Jedi, you could focus on a single character(of your choosing) to train throughout the game. Methods of training could vary depending on the NPC, your light/dark affinity and your own choices.

3)Include a ranking system(If you remain Jedi)

In K1 you were a padawan throughout the game. In TSL you weren't technically Jedi. In K3 I would like to see the ability to actually rise through the ranks or divorce yourself from the order altogether.

4)More independant force users

In K1 and K2 it's been pretty much exclusively sith vs jedi(and the occasional follower of the gray philosophy). While that should probably remain central to the plot, I'd like to see independant darksiders, force users of non-jedi traditions(should be much more common outside of the known regions of space), and others that don't care about the sith/jedi conflict(but may be caught in the middle none the less).

5)Possible contact with Revan later in the game

Not so much in person(though that wouldn't be out of the question if he/she were to appear in the old robe/mask combo from the cutscenes), but rather though holos or other means of communication that can be garbled so as to obscure an easily definable voice.

Then there are other things that I agree with others on, such as buyable and customizable ships. And I probably have some others that just aren't coming to mind at the moment, but I'll post those later if I remember...
 TKA-001
08-07-2006, 3:22 PM
1. I think I speak for all of us when I say there should be a story that lives up to the last two.

2. Keep HK, it's not KOTOR without a sadistic assassin droid, is it?

3. Keep T3.

4. Encounter a force ghost of Kreia.

5. See and talk to Revan, maybe the Exile. And have appearances, I don't really see any problem with them being different from how I played as them.

6. Some new planets, like Coruscant and Naboo.

7. The return of the Evil Czerka Company!!! :manny:

8. If it wraps up the story then I'd like to see most of the previous party members either with cameos or small roles (Like Visas and Handmaiden having places in the Jedi Order). Naturally, Juhani would have nothing to do with anything in the story unless it's her slow, pointless death. :flamethro

All I can think of at the moment.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and a new PC.
 Jediphile
08-07-2006, 9:41 PM
3.Revan and the Exile:
I had an idea.What if Revan and The Exile become party members.And their aperance. Maybe Revan can come back with his armor and mask, and the Exile wears Nihiluses mask. And their gender and Force afinithy can be set through conversation

My thoughts exactly.

I'd prefer these planets:

Coruscant
Alderaan (we need to see it sometime)
Sleheyron (cut from KotOR1)
Myrkr
Khar Delba + Khar Shian
Thule (possible various other true Sith worlds)
Ziost

Cut down on the number of companions, or even better, make some of them temporary. For example, I'd like to meet Mission and Zaalbar on Myrkr and have them join, but not have them leave Myrkr.

The villains should be the true Sith, who are the descendants of the old Sith Empire. Only a major villain should be Revan...

T3 and HK-47 need to be in there. They are the R2 and 3PO of KotOR, and need to be in all the games.

The Exile's (jedi) companions are the founders of the new jedi order (or what passes for it...) on Coruscant.

Revan's companions should make brief appearances in the game. Only Bastila should be a major character, since we need her to find Revan at last.
 Arch_Nemesis
08-09-2006, 4:27 AM
What i want in the game..is that you can put the hood on..when you wear a Jedi or Dark Jedi Robe...that would be great
 Mr_BFA
08-09-2006, 4:36 AM
I WANT KOTOR III!!!! lol, When that is announced, and in my hands, and i have played it, then i will state what i want in it :D haha
 sockerbit89
08-10-2006, 4:32 AM
I'm sorry but all this talk about Revan / Exile coming back is just... well dumb. It would be absolutly retarded to bring back our former PC's since then they'd also need to bring baaaack... *trumwhirl* .... THE FLAMING OLD FACE TEXTURES!!

The only option whatsoever if the lads would be brought back would be if they both wore some sort of massiv mask on their head that never could be taken off. I don't know about you but i think that ought to be one of the most silly things in gaming history if it'd come to happen.

Try to realise that what Bioware/Obsidian did when they sent Revan/Exile of to the mysterious unknown was permanently destroying the options for them to come back in a sequel. In lesser words: they're dead. Live with it.

IF K3 would happen (of which we have seen no evidence of whatsoever) I believe that it would take place probably 100 - 1000 years after the death of Darth Treya and Revan/Exile only mentioned of as times past. With a new character and a new republic/threat to rescue or destroy. That's what I believe and like to see.
 Scars Unseen
08-10-2006, 6:00 AM
IMO, that wouldn't rate a sequel, seeing as sequels are supposed to be the continuation of a story, not an entirely new one. Besides, the Revan story isn't entirely finished. We still have only suspicions and guesses as to what Revan was trying to do(Anything Darth Traya said as "Kreia" must be taken with a grain of salt. She is the mistress of betrayal afterall). Is it the True Sith that Revan was attempting to fight? If so, then why did he abandon the Republic just after he united it, if that was his aim? Anyone farsighted enough to accomplish the things he did should have known that it would all fall apart without his presence. Did some turn of events draw his attention outward?

The why of his departure isn't explained, and that could well be cause for a jedi investigation(and who else but the player could fufill that role?). I think there is still much to be told in the present KOTOR storyline.
 sockerbit89
08-10-2006, 6:04 AM
maybe so but not with Revan or Exile in the picture.
 Jediphile
08-10-2006, 6:32 AM
I'm sorry but all this talk about Revan / Exile coming back is just... well dumb.

Just because you think so doesn't make it dumb... or those of us who want to see them in K3 dumb either...

It would be absolutly retarded to bring back our former PC's since then they'd also need to bring baaaack... *trumwhirl* .... THE FLAMING OLD FACE TEXTURES!!

What's wrong with updating those to a newer graphics engine? Nothing that I can see...

Try to realise that what Bioware/Obsidian did when they sent Revan/Exile of to the mysterious unknown was permanently destroying the options for them to come back in a sequel. In lesser words: they're dead. Live with it.

= bad storytelling. If that were the case, Revan should have been quietly killed off in the background during K2. He wasn't, though, and since you end K2 leaving to join his fight, we may expect K3 to pick up the story. I will be really disappointed in whoever writes the plot for K3 if Revan is just killed off after I was looking for him all through K2 and never actually found him. That's pretty bad storytelling IMHO.

IF K3 would happen (of which we have seen no evidence of whatsoever) I believe that it would take place probably 100 - 1000 years after the death of Darth Treya and Revan/Exile only mentioned of as times past. With a new character and a new republic/threat to rescue or destroy. That's what I believe and like to see.

That's fine for a new game like "Knights of the Old Republic - the next generation", but not for "Knights of the Old Republic III". That 3 means something. It means that it continues the plot we've seen develop in K1 and K2, and which is left wide open at the end of K2. It would like doing "Empire Strikes Back" or "The Two Towers" without doing "Return of the Jedi" or "Return of the King" next.
 The Architect
08-10-2006, 7:23 AM
Off topic: Jediphile, I was wondering if you received the two private messages I sent you. I'm not sure if you got them or not, because I might be doing something wrong. So the only way to find out, is to ask you this way...

By the way, I'm new to these forums, and at this stage, I'm quite busy, too busy to post anything creative/constructive in terms of ideas/suggestions/thoughts/opinions at this stage regarding a potential KOTOR III game, but when I find the time, I'll be having my say around this joint, make no mistake about that folks...
 Prime
08-10-2006, 8:28 AM
= bad storytelling. I disagree strongly. Not every little detail needs to be wrapped up in a neat little package. The story is perfectly fine if we never find out what happens to Revan and the Exile. The story of Revan in TSL is basically throwaway and only included to entertain people who played the first game. It is the result of the events from the first game that are important to TSL, not what happens to Revan himself.
 Henz
08-10-2006, 8:28 AM
I was looking for him all through K2 and never actually found him. That's pretty bad storytelling IMHO.

The Exile was looking for him in K2. Chances are the new PC won't be. There may be resolution to the Revan/Exile story but it probably won't include the player being in the same place as them; as doing something that may contradict much from the previous games which is, as you say, bad storytelling.
 Arch_Nemesis
08-10-2006, 11:55 AM
I was wondering...what do you think if Kotor 3..was based on the mandalorian war?
 sockerbit89
08-10-2006, 12:13 PM
I was wondering...what do you think if Kotor 3..was based on the mandalorian war?

No since you'd already know how it'd end.

What so bad with Revan and Exile going into the unknown and never coming back? The ending was supposed to be mysterious and leave you to imagine if they'd survive or be forever lost. To bring them back from the grave wearing some sort of big mask and being on Kotor level 63 would be really bad story telling. Leave them in peace and let it be in mystery that's what i think.

Also whatsup with keeping the old turnbased combatsystem? If you want a new kotor to stay turnbased you can just create some new mods K1 or K2 because a turnbased K3 would be insane. LA would go bankrupt.
 Jediphile
08-10-2006, 12:54 PM

No. That would be KotOR 0, since it predates KotOR1 by about five years.

Doing such a game is fine, but we're in the middle of an unfinished story right now. I want that tale told first.

Some have argued for a strategic game based on the Mandalorian Wars, so that there would be no story-contradiction with the KotOR games. I think that could work out quite well. It would be a pretty fixed plot, of course, but if that is made up for by strategic options and tactical choices, then it could still be a nice game. It shouldn't be an RPG, however, since you can't do anything that would contradict the chronologically later KotOR games. That's always the thing to be wary off with prequels, and the reason why I'm always doubtful of such games/stories - it's just too easy to mess up the plot...

I disagree strongly. Not every little detail needs to be wrapped up in a neat little package. The story is perfectly fine if we never find out what happens to Revan and the Exile. The story of Revan in TSL is basically throwaway and only included to entertain people who played the first game. It is the result of the events from the first game that are important to TSL, not what happens to Revan himself.

Fair enough, but then we should have learned Revan's fate in KotOR2. If Revan is dead, then the ending of KotOR2 should have been a passing of the torch, where the Exile takes his place in the fight against the true Sith. That's not what happened, and I actually credit Chris Avellone with being a better storyteller than just setting the stage for a major conflict involving both Revan and Exile in the subsequent game only to them kill them both off in the background. If you want to do that, then don't end KotOR2 with a mysterious reference to the "great war that comes" and comments like "But he will need warriors, Sith and Jedi, any who can be sent after him into the depths of space, any who know the way.Perhaps you shall go there with him, and do battle at the end of all things." There is a PROMISE of more to come in those words, which are spoken at the end of KotOR2. I'm going to hold the KotOR games to that promise!

What so bad with Revan and Exile going into the unknown and never coming back? The ending was supposed to be mysterious and leave you to imagine if they'd survive or be forever lost. To bring them back from the grave wearing some sort of big mask and being on Kotor level 63 would be really bad story telling. Leave them in peace and let it be in mystery that's what i think.

I disagree. There is far more story potential in the alternative, and it's not as if people haven't thought of plots for K3 that involved both Revan and Exile, some of which are pretty good. And if even I can think of one (not saying mine is good, mind you), I dare say whoever writes the story of K3 could too.

Also whatsup with keeping the old turnbased combatsystem? If you want a new kotor to stay turnbased you can just create some new mods K1 or K2 because a turnbased K3 would be insane. LA would go bankrupt.

If that were the case, we never would have seen K2 use the same system.

Besides, there are many players to whom the turn-based system is a quality that attracts them to these games, rather than something they play the games in spite of.

I don't really think I'm one of them myself (I'm definitely attracted most to the plot, even if the system is based on d20, which I loathe), but I do like the idea that my character's combat ability is decided by the choices I make for my character's development/advancement during the game rather than how good I am at pushing buttons as a player. That's why I'm playing an RPG instead of an FPS.

And as I said before, just because you don't like something in the game doesn't mean that it's dumb... or, in this case, insane.
 The Architect
08-14-2006, 7:13 AM
What do I want in KOTOR III? Here we go...

Priorities

-I want the story in KOTOR III to bring closure to the 'True Sith' story-arch...
-I want to go a new main character in KOTOR III...
-I want to be able to select the genders/alignments of Revan and the Exile in KOTOR III...
-I hope Obsidian Entertainment makes KOTOR III (if there is going to be a KOTOR III that is)...
-If KOTOR III is going to be made, I want LucasArts to give the game developers (hopefully Obsidian, it should be IMO) enough time to complete the game, so no important/relevant content is missing and the effects of bugs/glitches are severly limited (unlike in KOTOR II)...

Secondary List

-For the influence system idea of KOTOR II to be in KOTOR III, but to be implemented better, so party members behave in such a way that correlates properly with their alignment (for example, in KOTOR II, a DS Handmaiden should act DS, but she continues to act LS)...
-HK-47 and T3-M4 to be party members...
-Cameo appearences from Mission, Zaalbar and Jolee (only if you set Revan as LS)...
-Cameo appearences from the Exile's companions (see them as full fledged Jedi Knights if you set the Exile as LS or as Dark Jedi helping Mandalore and the Mandalorian Clans if you set the Exile as DS (why would they do that you ask?) Perhaps the Exile gave his/her companions orders before he/she departed alone into the unknown regions...
-A major role from Bastila Shan, either as a Jedi Master or a Sith Lord (depending on Revan's alignment)...
-A major role from Admiral Carth Onasi (only if you set Revan as LS)...
-A major role from Mandalore (but not a party member this time)...
-Drop the random item generator...
-Get a lightsaber early on (like in KOTOR) or even earlier than that!
-Keep the turn-based combat system, but make enhancements to the graphics and the physics (so the lightsaber duels look really awesome and epic)...
-Give us heaps of different robe choices, hooded one's too...

That's all I can think of at the moment, I do have many more wants/requests, but at this stage, that will do. What are your thoughts people?
 Revans disciple
08-15-2006, 7:08 AM
-Adum Larp
-Bastila, Revan and HK-47
-Star Forge (or something relevant)
-faster combat, if anyhow possible (I mean that sometimes the characters just stand there like showing their weaponary to a friend)
-Unkown World and Star Forge musics back
-multiplayer
-some bonus feature(s) after finishing the game
-K1 lightsaber graphics and a lighting effect from it to walls and ground (that'd make it look more like a lightsaber, it wasn't shiny enough in K2)
 Diego Varen
08-15-2006, 10:21 AM
Most of these are based on KOTOR and TSL being both LS.

What I want in KOTOR III:

- T3-M4 and HK-47: I think it would be tradition for them to return as Party Members in the final game. T3 is needed to help find both Revan and the Exile and HK for Comic Relief purposes.

- Adum Larp: Like T3 and HK, I think it would be tradition for him to return in the third game.

- Play as a new Character: I have come up with a storyline, which should work. The Exile has left the Ebon Hawk with his crew, before leaving into the Unknown Regions. Some new Padawan learner (Could be possible Chosen One, like Anakin was supposed to be) and you are believed to stop the True Sith (Or join them, depending what side your on). Also what excuse have you got for playing Revan again (I've got a perfect one for the Exile).

- Better Influence System: Like many have said, Influence needs improving. For example, if you turn a Party Member to dark side, there voice could change slightly and their apperance too (This was in TSL). They could also act differently too.

- Return of Party Members: Some Party Members could return. T3 and HK for Party, Mandalore for the final battle and Carth and Bastila to help you.

- Planets: Every Planet should be in the Unknown Regions, except for Coruscant, because that is when you are sent to the Unknown Regions to find Revan and the Exile.

---------------------

What I don't Want:

- New Engine: What's the point? It could use some tweaking, but nothing major.

- No Voice for PC: Originally I wanted this, but now I've changed my mind. I remember playing The Phantom Menace on Playstation and when a Character spoke for so long, the only way to get out, was for someone to interrupt (Thank you Jar Jar).

- Game set fourteen years later: By then, some Party Members would be dead (Like Jolee) and it would be stupid. I would set it six months after the Exile leaves for the Unknown Regions.

- Bugs and Glitches: I've never really suffered with this in either games, but it needs to be fixed. I've heard people complaining about TSL's bugs/glitches.

- A Completed Game: Developers of this game (Whoever it might be), it doesn't matter if you don't get it out on time, I'd rather wait for a completed Game then an incomplete one.

So what do you think of my ideas?
 StarWarsPhreak
08-15-2006, 11:43 AM
Hmmm, with Bioware working on Mass Effect (http://masseffect.bioware.com/), I think I'll revise my list.

Use the Mass Effect Engine, or borrow from it. Specifically the number of planets. That is real galactic scale. The APC would be cool to have as well, Just replace it with a Star Warsy repulsorcraft. Of course, I don't know how melee works for Mass Effect, but I don't think it'd be too hard to add in the melee for lightsaber combat.
Release it for the XBox 360. Kinda comes with the Mass Effect Engine.
Another Mass Effect technology - the NPC interaction.

I guess I really want Bioware to make KotOR3. With what they're doing with Mass Effect, they really should be making the next Star Wars game.
 ghOst42
08-19-2006, 2:11 PM
i think everyones gonna be happy! This is what George Lucas said: "Obsidian’s New Baby Jedi??
George and crew are most pleased with the initial performance of KOTOR, so pleased in fact that KOTOR 3 is well into development! This time however expect everything to be new and improved! An all new next-gen engine is being prepped as is a modified battle system that will place a heavier emphasis on the lightsaber. There are even whispers that the game may be shown in some form at E3 THIS year, though I’d expect it to be far from completion, perhaps nothing but a video!".
 Whooping Swan
08-19-2006, 4:04 PM
After reading this i'm like... theirs a KOTOR III? haha ^_^
 Emperor Devon
08-19-2006, 4:31 PM
i think everyones gonna be happy! This is what George Lucas said: "Obsidian’s New Baby Jedi??

I heard something almost exactly like that at the start of the year.
 Davinq
08-26-2006, 4:29 PM
I would like:

The combat system to remain the same
I keep hearing rumors about them changing it. I for one don't want them to.

Special lightsabers to be rarer
The fact that I ended up with more "exotic and rare" double-bladed lightsabers than normal ones by the end of the game really bugged me.

Good storyline
Self-explanatory

Music
I want more music from the star wars movies. Unique scores are nice and all, but it felt even more distanced from the SW story than it should. All we had was the Force theme in the Taris apartment, and on top of the Rakata Temple.

Distinction of clothing
Alright, in k1, we had these beautiful looking models of something called "Jedi Robes." to be frank, they didn't look a thing like robes! Then we got the real deal in k2, but the models were butt-ugly. If we could have separate items for tunics and robes, I would be more satisfied.

All-new planets
Since it was made pretty clear that the True Sith dwell in the Unkown Regions, I would want a lot more "unkown planets" Available for the quests.

Coherent Objectives
Okay, so in k1 the objective in each planet was to acquire data from a star map. In k2, all we had to do was find jedi masters. wtf?

I won't even go into party members, so I'm done.

edit: wow, how could I have missed all those editing mistakes? :(

DQK out
 Irradick
08-26-2006, 8:27 PM
i think it would be "awsome" to be able to actually custumize stuff, like updating your lightsabers apearance and your droids, ships, weapons, swoop bikes and a ton of other stuff. i would also like the game to be alot more like fable and since for xbox at least for you to use x,b and y to do your own combos attacks that you come up with.
 Ambrose
08-26-2006, 8:39 PM
I think that whoever develops K3 should have a real good look at some of the mods made for K1 and TSL. The USM for instance. An excellent mod, and if there's a better system than "the crystal determines the appearance of the lightsaber", it would be far easier to implement by the developers of the game as opposed to modders. Basically the point is I think the developers should take what the modding community does, and refine it into the actual game. Other examples of mods that I'd like to see imitated in K3 are the High Lever Force Powers mod and mods which give you the option of giving your character alien heads.

Also I'd like to see the gameplay to be a bit more open-ended. One thing I really don't like about TSL is that you are limited almost exclusively to light side do-gooder jedi-lover or dark side kill-everyone jedi-murderer. A case in point, Onderon. If you side with Vaklu, even though politically it may even be a better choice, you automatically have to kill Kavar. And if you kill Kavar, you have to kill the rest of the Jedi as well. It seemed odd when my LS character arrived on Dantooine and was suddenly a power-hungry jedi murderer JUST because he sided with Vaklu and was forced to kill Kavar.

Another TSL thing I'd like eliminated are "half-levels". Korriban is what I'd call a half-level. You can beat it in about 20 minutes. It's as if it wasn't even there, and was pretty disappointing for me. Compare this to K1 levels like Manaan which has probably over a dozen side quests... and, well, it's just sub-standard. Dantooine also seemed a little short in TSL.

Also, I think TSL let minigames slack a bit too, which is a shame because I really loved Pazaak in K1 and liked the new pazaak content in TSL, but rarely found a place full of good games. The pazaak den had so much potential... but I think pazaak (along with a lot of other stuff) was swept under the rug.

One major thing about TSL to keep is the new interface. I like the whole "two weapons configurations" feature which you can switch at the press of a button. And it just looks a lot smoother.

There's some other things I'd like to see. What would be really awesome, but isn't likely by any stretch of the imagination, is that the Ebon Hawk is replaced (GASP!!!) by a "flagship", like a Sith Interdictor or an Endar Spire type ship. Of course, there would have to be a lot of storyline bending to get that to happen, so I doubt that will be done.
 Irradick
08-26-2006, 8:41 PM
by wanting it to be alot more like fable i meen that you could marry certain charactors in the game own a actual home and if you wanted to kill someone you actuly could for example in kotor 1 & 2 you can only kill certain people at certain times like cerka co. people when in fable you can kill anyone at any time if you get close enouph

im with you there. the levels should be alot longer and you shouldn't have to do anything just because you join with a certain cause or side!!!!!
 generalvaklu321
08-26-2006, 9:57 PM
really, I hope K3 is as open ended as possible. It's that simple for me, of course improve the graphics and gameplay, but just make it less linear.
 Prime
08-26-2006, 9:57 PM
Basically the point is I think the developers should take what the modding community does, and refine it into the actual game. It will never happen, due to legal reasons.
 Ambrose
08-26-2006, 10:04 PM
It will never happen, due to legal reasons.

I don't think you understand my meaning. I don't mean take content directly from popular mods, I mean take feature ideas which modders have created and including those obviously popular features in K3. Take the USM for instance. There would be no 'legal issues' if the developers made a bunch of lightsaber hilt models which you can choose from in the next KotOR.
 Irradick
08-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Personaly I would like K3 to be more of a story then running around killing people.There should be more romance action you should have a rival maybe grow threw age 13-40 etc. have certain accidents happen to cause your charactor to have to get a mechanical arms, legs, hands, and organs like your heart.

Maybe for the storyline have you come to your home planet in the outer rim and find out that jedi caused sith to destroy the surface and stuff.

So if you have ideas just post them here!

Merged with a similar thread. -RH
 generalvaklu321
08-27-2006, 2:10 PM
there are already a few threads like this like "KOTOR 3 wishlist" and "What would like to see in K3". Yeah, but your ideas are good.
 Prime
08-28-2006, 9:30 AM
I don't think you understand my meaning. I don't mean take content directly from popular mods, I mean take feature ideas which modders have created and including those obviously popular features in K3. Take the USM for instance. There would be no 'legal issues' if the developers made a bunch of lightsaber hilt models which you can choose from in the next KotOR.I knew what you ment. I'm saying that they will never including something that directly reflects and existing mod, because of potential problems.

In any event, they hardly need to look at mods to come up with a customizable hilt options. It is safe to assume that they looked at this already.
 Alan Frost
08-30-2006, 8:13 AM
About mechanical replacements I say why not! If Bao-Dur and Anakin can have one why cant the main character. I mean in Fable your model doesent remain the same through the game, you get scars, you move faster etc. But that would be stealing ideas a little would it not? I would like scars on my character unlike that one head that have a ugly scar across his eye and a ugly face and haircut.(glah!)
And how about more NEW FACES!!
They should also add the 4th main class: Dark Jedi.
 Irradick
08-31-2006, 7:09 PM
i get what your saying but y would it be stealing ideas i mean you can mod to all get thoughs. but you know what would be cool if any one has played nfl madden 06 it would be cool to design your charactor like you do on that and design your face the same way that would be awsome along with picking hair, skin color and shade.
Page: 5 of 7