Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

More Kotor III Rumour News!

Page: 1 of 3
 kookaburra
08-05-2005, 4:06 AM
Hello Everyone

Look what I found :D

Kotor 3 Announced

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"As a leading representative of BioWare Corp. given the mamoth task of publicising the next in the series of Knights Of The Old Republic games (KOTOR 3), I have permission to confirm that this title is now several months underway.

This may come as a surprise to those who are currently reading this, as it was previously believed that the KOTOR staff had been cut from the LucasArts project. I can also confirm that the KOTOR 3 team is now officially on LucasArts budget and eagerly developing what we hope to be a 'must have' title on as of yet unconfirmed Next Generation platforms for 2006.

With more details to be released in the coming weeks, 3 points concerning KOTOR 3 can be posted:

1)The story takes place in a period roughly 14 years after KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords.

2)There will be new characters, equipment, classes, mini games and an entirely new combat system based on the interface used on Jade Empire.

3)The plot follows directly from the last game, plunging the galaxy into war with the True Sith.

This has yet to be posted onto the BioWare official website (www.bioware.com) as the pages are currently serving as a front to keep viewers occupied during a drastic remodelling process of the entire site.

As previously stated, this message is soon to be posted around the internet, and new details are to be released soon.

Keep checking back for more information."

Found this online somewhere great news or what? And to think that Bio ware is doing the game makes my day!

source:

http://kotorfanmedia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=992&start=15)

A guy called master Jenson posted this from KFM (KotorFanMedia) I thought it

was a great post so I thought I pass on the news. please just take this as a rumour or news but any way here is the link to where I got it from. so please don't flame me for this or any thing, I just wanted to share it and discuss it with fellow KOtorians. any way take care :D

ORGINAL SOURCE:

http://www.cad-forums.com/showthread.php?t=40654)

enjoy

Kookaburra :D
 (Strider)
08-05-2005, 4:40 AM
^^^^

That's good.

2006? Well I hope that they have enough time to finish the game.

I always thought that BioWare should have the task of doing KOTOR 3.

A combat system based on Jade Empire? I've always wanted that.
 Achilles
08-05-2005, 4:52 AM
Sounds neat. I'll feel a lot better when I see something on either LA's or BW's site.
 RedHawke
08-05-2005, 5:32 AM
^^^^
I'm with Achilles on this one...
 ChAiNz.2da
08-05-2005, 5:56 AM
Sounds neat. I'll feel a lot better when I see something on either LA's or BW's site.
agreed. :D

Hey kookaburra,
Do you have a link where you saw that? Try checking your history. This would be great news, though I can think of at least one site where if this was where it was posted then it's pure crap ;)
 starmark2k
08-05-2005, 6:32 AM
If this true then it alll sounds good although if its based 14 years after there will be alot of history to be mentioned in the game.
 Bastila
08-05-2005, 6:32 AM
I don't really like the idea of a 14 year old gap from TSL.
 biscuitneilston
08-05-2005, 6:40 AM
It will be interesting to see the 'True' sith in comparison with the Sith we've been fighting in the other two games...be good if they all wore black cloaks with their hoods over their eyes, all mysterious like :)
 kookaburra
08-05-2005, 6:46 AM
I have posted the source for you guys to have a look :D
 Smilodon
08-05-2005, 7:18 AM
^^^^
I'm with Achilles on this one...

Same for me. I hope they'll also announce some of the new features above like the characters and a new combat system.
 Bob Lion54
08-05-2005, 8:13 AM
Notice the user name for the poster.

Kotor 3 Rumor (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150149)

sorry, but it looks like someone has nothing better to do then spam forums with fake news.
 Tomb King
08-05-2005, 8:18 AM
Can someone explain the combat, since I've never played the Jade Empire.
 montnoir
08-05-2005, 8:42 AM
Oh yes. This sounds and looks utter fake. The "True Sith" and the "plot follows directly from that of the last game" pretty much gives it away. Had it been any other company than Bioware I might have given it the benefit of the doubt. But to imply that Bioware would continue someone else's story is... phony.

I think it's a safe bet that LucasArts will take a more liberal approach to the first 2 games and make K3 more stand alone than previously.

That and also "didn't want to post on BW forum because they are undergoing some updates/upgrades". Oh, please! An official developer of Bioware posting on a completely different forum. Not even an interview.

I'd venture to say it's safe for everyone to just ignore this.
 stingerhs
08-05-2005, 10:45 AM
i'm with montnoir: until i see some solid proof, as in official announcements, i won't be convinced.
 Hallucination
08-05-2005, 11:15 AM
I have to agree that it sounds fake. Like Obsidian is gonna give away its story to Bioware without a fight (well they might, depending on the bribe). Too bad isn't believable, I wish there was some official word/interviews.
 Darth333
08-05-2005, 11:23 AM
lol! that same guy who posted at the CAD forums posted at the swamp too: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150149)

While a Kotor 3 game is more than probable, this post is a scam. A LucasArts game would not be announced in this manner. For the official annoucements, check the LucasArts site.
 Bastila
08-05-2005, 11:26 AM
I think bascily everyone, will not belive anything till it's on LA site or BioWear or who every is making it.
 Char Ell
08-05-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm with everyone that has a very skeptical attitude towards this "announcement." The referenced CADForums post is by a new user registered in July 2005 with only 1 post and says he "found this online somewhere." Hardly credible...
I don't expect we'll hear anything official about KotOR 3 until end of this year at the earliest but I can't see how LucasArts won't get some developer (BioWare, Obsidian, or whomever) to create the next game of the KotOR saga at some point in the future.
 witchfinder
08-05-2005, 11:39 AM
I doubted it from the moment I saw "mammoth" had been spelt wrong! :lol:
 Emperor Devon
08-05-2005, 12:14 PM
14 years after the second game? Come on. By then, Mandalore will be walking around whacking people with a cane. And if you were on the Light Side (how odd), Jolee would be dead and Mission would be all grown up. Not exactly the kind of way you want to re-introduce some of the really good characters.
If this was true, it would have been posted on LA's of Bioware's official site.
 Lorden Darkblade
08-05-2005, 12:20 PM
lol! that same guy who posted at the CAD forums posted at the swamp too: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150149)

While a Kotor 3 game is more than probable, this post is a scam. A LucasArts game would never be announced in this manner. For the official annoucements, check the LucasArts site.
I think our little Super Moderator said it all ;) :thumbsup:
I'm with Darth333
 The_Maker
08-05-2005, 3:24 PM
Jade Empire combat system? Bah... I sure hope they don't ruin the series with a lousy combat system clone with alterations here and there trying to make it "better"...

And I agree wtih Achilles, I would feel safer knowing it is official news rather than a "rumor" <.<
 Bob Lion54
08-05-2005, 3:29 PM
So, as I asked in the swamp, what is the point of setting up an account just to make 1 bogus post?
 90SK
08-05-2005, 4:23 PM
^^^
Who knows. Some people just like to see things stirred up.

I don't think we'll be seeing Bioware on the KotOR series anymore. Truthfully, I would much prefer OE do KotOR 3; the vibe they set in KotOR 2 was quite lovely.
 Achilles
08-05-2005, 4:44 PM
I don't think we'll be seeing Bioware on the KotOR series anymore. Truthfully, I would much prefer OE do KotOR 3; the vibe they set in KotOR 2 was quite lovely. Agreed. Since I don't think the admins would create a whole new forum based on one person's spam, I suspect that we will hear something official in the near future.

:fist: Damn you moderators and all your inside information:fist:
=>:D<=
 Darth333
08-05-2005, 4:58 PM
Achilles, if you want the official source you have this: :p

When asked about KotOR 3 during an interview, Peter Hirschman, vice-president of product development at LucasArts said:
That's a great idea. [Poker face] :confused:
Summary and link to full interview on our website: http://www.starwarsknights.com/#fus_192)
 Achilles
08-05-2005, 5:22 PM
Yeah, I read that too ;)

Something tells me that you have more than that, but I respect your vow of silence. I promise not to bribe you with chocolate or mexican food.
 noghri_assasin
08-05-2005, 8:23 PM
hmmm the True Sith ey. Well that sounds cool, bun untill I see the news here or somewhere else I know is real I'm just goin' to wait. But I don't think that Bio will do it. OE did a great job with TSL, could use a bit of thouch ups here and there but otherwise I hope they do Kotor3.
 SITHSLAYER133
08-06-2005, 7:43 AM
i doubt the true sith would actualy reveal themselves because one of the tricks is to use darksiders for puppets in their bidding
 SITHSLAYER133
08-06-2005, 7:51 AM
14 years my god that will be horrible it will murder the story line i recoken that it should just come off the endin of tsl with havin maybe a short cinnie of the end of tsl with the exile landin god noes where me hates this going off never to bes seen crud
 M1911A1
08-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Yah, I would loooove for the story to take off from the moment the Ebon Hawk and crew leave Malachor V.

PS, I've never played the game on the D/S so I don't know how the game ends that way lol.
 kookaburra
08-07-2005, 5:41 AM
I think 14 years is a bit big of a gap my self
 Achilles
08-07-2005, 5:56 AM
I think 14 years is a bit big of a gap my selfConsidering that we don't have anything official re: the storyline, how in the heck can you have an educated opinion one way or the other?
 The_Maker
08-07-2005, 2:22 PM
Considering that we don't have anything official re: the storyline, how in the heck can you have an educated opinion one way or the other?
Here here!
You don't use your logic, your logic is used against you :p
I really hope they will not place K3 14 friggin years after TSL which is 5 years of Kotor so that would be almost 19 stinking years... o.0
 DarthSilus
08-07-2005, 3:32 PM
I to beleive 14 years is a leap, unless we are not playing as the exile, but rather a a jedi of the reformed Order going off to see where the Exile went, (to see the Sith.) Proboably the True Sith will be coming to the Republic though... I would have like to happen upon the Old Sith Empire and see both Revan and the Exile....
Funny, I was always saying that they were to fight the True Sith, but no one belived me, now everyone does :)
 Commas
08-07-2005, 4:51 PM
i wont believe it till i hear it from LA or whoever is going to be developing, but i really hope that this rumor is false. as cool as biowear doing another kotor would be, i find it highly unlikely, and as for 14 years after tsl, please god no! the game has got to pick up right after tsl, and you got to play as the exile. it would be a huge stretch for me that there is now a third jedi that is going to follow the exile who is following revan to the true sith. to me the story of the exile's search for revan beyond the outer rim would be the most exciting storyline (but i've already talked about that in another thread so i wont get into it here), and considering that so much was NOT explained on Malachor V i'd really like for the game to pick up about, oh, lets say 14 MINUTES after the end of TSL.
 IndianaSolo
08-07-2005, 9:12 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I tend not to believe anything posted by someone on a message board claiming to be "official", especially when it so happens to be their first post.
 Char Ell
08-08-2005, 2:53 AM
If anyone reading this thread for some insane and illogical reason doesn't believe our super mod Darth333 viciously decapitated this "announcement" already then go to this link (http://swforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=445216&forum=26) on Bioware's forums. If after reading this post you still think there is something to this joker's babbling then you are beyond help, past hope and your soul consigned to one of our forum darksiders relieving it of its useless existence.

*Knowingly looks in Emperor Devon's and RedHawke's direction* :lightning
 Achilles
08-08-2005, 3:24 AM
Well, I think most reasonable people assumed that the message was crap and the messenger a sensationalist. Does that mean that we aren't anticipating some news in the near future? Don't count on it.
 kookaburra
08-08-2005, 5:51 AM
If anyone reading this thread for some insane and illogical reason doesn't believe our super mod Darth333 viciously decapitated this "announcement" already then go to this link (http://swforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=445216&forum=26) on Bioware's forums. If after reading this post you still think there is something to this joker's babbling then you are beyond help, past hope and your soul consigned to one of our forum darksiders relieving it of its useless existence.

*Knowingly looks in Emperor Devon's and RedHawke's direction* :lightning

well bugga the creator who created the rumour altogether. bugga buga bugga bugga bugga.
 Astrotoy7
08-08-2005, 6:20 AM
RandomThought, who originally posted that, is a jackass. You dont think think Bioware would employ a "leading representative" who cant even spell :p

Also, KOTOR2 was handed over to Obisidian, who says BioWare is taking it back, theyre making NWN2, you'd think they have enough to do :p

Like others have said, unless you hear it from Lucasarts, then its prolly a load of BS

mtfbwya
 Bob Lion54
08-08-2005, 9:36 AM
^^^^^
What he said.

Also, this RandomThought person posted this in at least 2 forums (LF in the swamp and the one from the first post). To me it seems he/she signed up to a bunch of forums just to post that bit of nonsense. The motivation behind it still eludes me.

What eludes me even more is why people are falling for it!

Besides, my barber,who must remain nameless, told me his cousin's best friend's mother's old roommate form college's exboy-friend works at LA and can confirm that Troika is heading the development of the game.
 Darth333
08-08-2005, 9:52 AM
Hehe Astro, Bioware is not making nwn2: it's Obsidian ;)

As for the announcement made in an informal manner by this alleged "leading representative of BioWare Corp" on various forums, including the swamp, it doesn't originate from Bioware's offices...
 ChAiNz.2da
08-08-2005, 9:56 AM

As for the announcement made in an informal manner by this alleged "leading representative of BioWare Corp" on various forums, including the swamp, it definitely doesn't originate from Bioware's offices...
Agreed, Bioware is shaking their money maker in the direction of Dragon Age (which I'm highly anticipating)... the only problem I forsee, is that by some fluke it will be released at the same time as NWN2 (Obsidian)... if that happens... I'm going to go nuts... moreso than I already am ;) hehehe...
 Jamps
08-08-2005, 6:01 PM
This is nothing but a rumor......

Proof:

http://swforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=445216&forum=26)
 IndianaSolo
08-08-2005, 6:40 PM
I wish people would only post rumors that have atleast some credibility to them. :snear:
 james975
08-08-2005, 10:28 PM
I think this is total bunk. Someone wrote this to try and do exactly what it has done on this board, get a rise out of people.

It's unfortunate that people can be so low sometimes but hey, what can you do? I don't believe anything until there's an official announcement. Call me pessimistic, call me realistic, just look at the facts first.
 IndianaSolo
08-08-2005, 11:36 PM
I think this is total bunk. Someone wrote this to try and do exactly what it has done on this board, get a rise out of people.

It's unfortunate that people can be so low sometimes but hey, what can you do? I don't believe anything until there's an official announcement. Call me pessimistic, call me realistic, just look at the facts first.

People just need to be smart about jumping the gun and believing these people who post random trash to get noticed.
 ChAiNz.2da
08-09-2005, 6:11 AM
Well, being rumor or no, you have to give the thread a little "credit".. it started out a good discussion of what we'd all like to see in the next geneneration of the game :bluidea:

Look at all the other threads in the KotOR III section, there's some great ideas being discussed and we can only hope that the Devs are out there reading this stuff... and we know they listen to at least some of the stuff ;)
 Astrotoy7
08-09-2005, 11:04 AM

As for the announcement made in an informal manner by this alleged "leading representative of BioWare Corp" on various forums, including the swamp, it doesn't originate from Bioware's offices...

oh dear, I actually knew that, and had forgotten it, and now know it again :( With Obsidian taking KOTOR2, the end result was fun but didnt seem as complete as its predecessor. I hope Obsidian doesnt do this to my beloved NWN...

*puts on mithril helmet+4 and waits*

mtfbwya
Page: 1 of 3