Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

More Kotor III Rumour News!

Page: 2 of 3
 ChAiNz.2da
08-09-2005, 11:12 AM
I hope Obsidian doesnt do this to my beloved NWN...
You and me both... I will really be uber-miffed if they mess up my NWN...
 IndianaSolo
08-09-2005, 3:57 PM
Well, being rumor or no, you have to give the thread a little "credit".. it started out a good discussion of what we'd all like to see in the next geneneration of the game :bluidea:

Look at all the other threads in the KotOR III section, there's some great ideas being discussed and we can only hope that the Devs are out there reading this stuff... and we know they listen to at least some of the stuff ;)

True. But at the same time all the original poster had to do was make a topic about the link and say what they would like/dislike about the features noted in the link, instead of posting the link as some kind of "proof" that KOTOR III was in production.

I'm all for discussion. I'm just tired of seeing people jumping the gun on any and every small piece of rumor they find.
 ChAiNz.2da
08-09-2005, 4:11 PM
'm all for discussion. I'm just tired of seeing people jumping the gun on any and every small piece of rumor they find.
I hear ya' man. I couldn't agree more :D

One of the main reasons I had asked for a source.. I know of several sites (though one in particular) that I'll know if it's crap immediately... ;)
 Ultima Weapon 5
08-09-2005, 8:56 PM
that sounds good. i want bioware to do the new one.
 Vladimir-Vlada
08-11-2005, 9:27 PM
*Becomes disapointed by the 14 year gap* :mad:
 liquidrevan
12-22-2005, 1:56 AM
i hope thats true coz bungie`s one was heaps better than osbedian`s
 90SK
12-22-2005, 9:41 PM
Bungie?
 Hallucination
12-22-2005, 10:21 PM
i hope thats true coz bungie`s one was heaps better than osbedian`s
Bungie made Halo, not KOTOR. KOTOR was made by Bioware.
 90SK
12-22-2005, 10:26 PM
I don't think Bioware will be heading KotOR III. Not that they wouldn't do a brilliant job, as they always do with their games, but it just isn't happening unless something drastic changes. They dropped the series for a reason, and they aren't going to just swing back to make the third installment.
 kookaburra
12-22-2005, 11:48 PM
Hello Guys :D

It's Kookaburra here, I want to wish you all a great 2006 that is coming up a head of us. I unfortunely haven't found anymore Kotor III stuff *yet*, But of course I am on the hunt every day I am on the net to try and find some more Kotor III stuff as much as I can. when I find some more, you guys will be the first too know :D

Cheero

Kookaburra.

P.S Anyone may have the right to post any Kotor III anything if they like :D
 StaffSaberist
12-23-2005, 12:20 AM
You do know what you posted is fake, right?
 kookaburra
12-23-2005, 3:27 AM
POSTED DECEMBER 23RD 2005!!!! (AEST)

Ladies and Gents!

EDIT

THERE IS STILL HOPE FOR KOTOR III-HOPEFULLY.

NOTE: please take this as more rumour or speculation news. I just do my best to post Kotor III any thing. First of there are a few magazine sources that I up loaded to show you-to have proof what I saw what I am trying to say to you.But please,don't get too excited yet. I just like to share what I find. of course I really did find find theses articles in the magazine-and I ain't kidding. I got over-excited my self as i saw the article but of course articles are always articles.STILL, I hope you enjoy this post.

Cheero

Kookaburra

Hello,

KOTOR III Article ALERT!!!!!

I went to my news agent today and I brought a Xbox360 magazine. To my shock and excitement, I found something on Kotor III. Inside with the Xbox Magazine was a "confidential Internal use only booklet" stating that there were 23 Xbox games yet to be revealed-and guess what! Kotor III was one of them! So far! in side the booklet it says!

In front of the booklet it says:

FROM MICROSOFT EMPLOYEES ONLY.

Quote:
Welcome to the top secert document microsoft didn't want you tooo see-declassified. Packed with secert games MS and its army of publishers haven't yet conformed, this 36 page file reveals-in some cases, for the first time-huge 360 titles still under the radar: the rules don;t apply around here-so get inside and feast your eyes on the next years biggest anoncements.

Here are some games that are shown inside the booklet:

1.Avalon
2.BC
3.Bioware Game
4.Brute Force 2
5.The Chronicles Of Riddick 2
6.Fable 2
7.GTA 6
8.Half-life 3
9.Forza Motorsport 2
10.Halo 3
11.Hitman 5
12.Man With No Name Games
13.Jade Empire 2
14.Ninja Gaiden 2
12.Outrun Coast 2 Coast
13.Pro-Evolution Soccer 6
14.Rallisport Challange 3
15.The Sims
16.Splinter Cell 5
17.Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic III
18.Turok Next
19.Unreal Tournment 2007
20.WWE Westlemania 360

Star wars knights of the old republic III

from Obsidian out Late 2006.

Quote:
What we know: "are you planning to purchase an Xbox 360?" asks the currant poll on LucasArts offical site. As well it might-because a third round of Jedi justice is already coding up nicely, we hear. Osidian cut chunks of KOTOR II's story that "[didn't make sense when put in the context of the final game"- they'll likely be reinstalled for a juicy tying together of the trilogys's

UPDATED 23RD of DECEMBER 2005 !!!!!!

Here is some proof !!!!

linkie!!!!

here an minor article of Kotor III

please do not post magazine scans or other copyrighted documents on the boards. However, you can post text excerpts (not the entire article) citing the source.

here is the front cover of the booklet that the article came in

please do not post magazine scans or other copyrighted documents on the boards.

here is the first page of the booklet that the kotor III article came in.

please do not post magazine scans or other copyrighted documents on the boards.

Sorry for the quality of the images. My internet up loads seems to be such a bother

I could scan the while booklet for proof but that would take to much time. any way I really hope you enjoy this post.

UP DATED!!!!!!!!!!! heres another link found!!!!! for Kotor III stuff!!!!! the same article that I am trying to share with you guys. :)

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=68684)

cheero

kookaburra
 Ztalker
12-23-2005, 4:26 AM
*starts making statue for Kookabura*

Finally a reliable source!!
I think this IS the proof ttey are planning/making a K3!
It's more reliable then a forum, since magazines can't fake it, or else Uncle Bill will spank their sorrows asses ^^
 HQ|Delta 07
12-23-2005, 5:07 AM
Yeah that look's pretty good. But how do you get a booklet which is for MS employees only? That's the question.

But if those news are real, then the game's gonna :rock:

the best news would be those that are posted on the LA site. I hope LA will announce K3 soon:D
 Darth Windu
12-23-2005, 9:24 AM
NOTE: THIS NEWS IS NOT OFFICAL

Okay, just needed to point that out. While I was as excited as anyone else when I saw Kook's post, I need to point out a few things

1. This mag is UNOFFICAL - ie, not endorsed by Microsfot or any other game company

2. This mag had a front cover basically saying "Halo 3 is being made" - it's not

3. As for the 'MS Employees only...' stuff, it's just marketing. If you show someone info that the target thinks is classified, or someone doesn't want them to know, not only do they want even more to know about it, but they are also more inclined to believe it

4. This is pure speculation. Don't get me wrong, I would love Obsidian to do KotOR3, but since it's pretty much a sure thing, this mag can put it on their list with little chance of being wrong
 StaffSaberist
12-23-2005, 12:47 PM
Not to mention the fact that I recognize the pic of the Sith Soldier dying, etc. I at least recognize the place. It's the Onderon Sky Ramp. If they go back there, I'll scream. I want something new.
 Clone L68362
12-23-2005, 5:17 PM
I'm sick of seeing these magazines going "OMG KOTOR III is being made!!1" when there isn't any real evidence from anyone important, not even LA or BW or Obsidian. Until I see KOTOR III announced on a site like IGN I'm not going to pay attention to these topics.
 Jackel
12-23-2005, 6:17 PM
Games inside booklet are: (inorder as shown)

[QUOTE=kookaburra]4.Brute Force 2
6.Brute Force 2
You posted this one twice, with different numbers. Maybe proof reading oyur post might help
11.Hitman 5
Funny, there wasnt even a Hitman 4!
13.Jade Empire 3
Or a Jade Empire 2!
19.Splinter Cell 5
And Splinter Cell 4 was only receantly announced!

Next time come up with some better game titles, and check what number games are up too before posting silly stuff like this.
 kookaburra
12-23-2005, 9:23 PM
Excuse me Mr Jackel, But I am nice enough to simply share this with you. And plus, do not blame me for the titles that are chosen, I simply write what is written down.
 The Source
12-24-2005, 8:13 PM
NOTE: THIS NEWS IS NOT OFFICAL

Okay, just needed to point that out. While I was as excited as anyone else when I saw Kook's post, I need to point out a few things

1. This mag is UNOFFICAL - ie, not endorsed by Microsfot or any other game company

2. This mag had a front cover basically saying "Halo 3 is being made" - it's not

3. As for the 'MS Employees only...' stuff, it's just marketing. If you show someone info that the target thinks is classified, or someone doesn't want them to know, not only do they want even more to know about it, but they are also more inclined to believe it

4. This is pure speculation. Don't get me wrong, I would love Obsidian to do KotOR3, but since it's pretty much a sure thing, this mag can put it on their list with little chance of being wrong

I have an older version of this advertising, and one cannot help but take notice that the XBox 360 is not making its projected sales. Otherwords, Microsoft most likely released this information to an outside source, so they can attract people to the XBox 360. It is a marketing ploy... As an ad designer and student, I have used similar tactics to get people to buy a product. It usually works. In the older version that I have, they mentioned many things that have become 100% true; therefore, I would take this news as a factual piece of advertising. The version I have came a year before the release of Halo 2 and Episode III, and all the facts in it came to reality.

Edit: If the titles are numbered wrong, there must be talk about the distant future of the games. Therefore, there is something moving in all the mentioned franchises.

Edit:: I read somewhere in this forums that Halo 3 is not being made, and it is mentioned in the advertising... Sad news for that claim, but Halo 3 is being made, and in the UK they are taking pre-orders.:
http://www.oxm.co.uk/)
(Read the news section on the right!
 Ztalker
12-25-2005, 5:06 AM
Well,

About the wrong numbers, there's a simple conclusion:
Hitman 4 will be made soon, but might go multi-platform, same goes for Jade Empire 2 (PC?)
I know 100% certain SC 4 will be Multi-platform, 360 and PC to be pricicely.

This list might contain games they exclusively have. Splinter Cell was X-Box originally.

It IS possible.
 kookaburra
12-25-2005, 5:59 AM
Ladies and Gents :)

I have found some more Kotor III speculation stuff, but this time its from theforce.net. feel free to go to the link and have a read for yourself. Im just sharing.

Cheero

Kookaburra :)

The last of the Star Wars prequels leaves many fans questioning the future of the franchise. While we already know the direction of Star Wars on the small screen, it's the video game future that we're all waiting with interest to see.

Kicking things off next year will be Empire At War, and judging by early previews and screenshots, this will be the strategy title that all fans have been wanting since Force Commander all those years ago.

But so far little has been mentioned about the rest of 2006 and what we can expect. So, being the curious type, I've decided to make mention a few New Years Resolutions that hopefully will come true:

* Knights of the Old Republic III: This one is a given. After the amazing results of the first two titles, LucasArts would be silly not to explore this series just a little bit further. Most will recall that some of KOTORII was removed due to time constraints, and that before LucasArts culled it's staff, KOTORIII was in some form of pre-production. So there must be something bubbling away in the pot. If there is, look towards E3 for the announcements, if not sooner.

* LEGO Star Wars II: The 2005 sleeper hit, without a doubt, was LEGO Star Wars. While not a LucasArts developed game, the title went on to become a huge success, possibly even bigger then anyone expected. Again, it would be silly not to expand this into a franchise. Personally, I believe you could get more then just one sequel out of it. But for now, look for a Classic Trilogy edition of LEGO Star Wars some time next year.

* Star Wars Galaxies: As we've already mentioned, Galaxies pulled many punches this year, some hits some misses, but mostly the series of expansion packs this year based around Episode III has helped settle the fanbase after the major changes made. There should be at least another expansion in the wings for 2006, it's just a question of what content will be included. Wise men will put money on a title forming the links between Episode III and IV. The outsider's vote may fall upon an Expanded Universe title.

* Darth Vader: This is an interesting one. Many rumours have been around for some time regarding a Jedi Knight/Outcast style game revolving around the rise of Vader and the Empire. It's all quiet on the Vader front lately, but it's possible this game may re-appear around E3 time if LucasArts make it a reality.

* Indiana Jones: We might not see our old friend till 2007, but there will be some announcements and screenshots of the new adventure over the year.

* PS3/Xbox 360/Revolution: Who knows what may come of our favourite Star Wars titles for the new console war. Already Nintendo's Revolution controller has people thinking of many original ideas, while the power of Sony and Microsoft's entries will always be interesting to follow. LucasArts' next generation titles will be on show over the coming year. Don't forget, of course, the PSP and Nintendo DS, both of which should have at least one Star Wars title released over '06.

After that, who knows. What we can be sure of is that Star Wars within the video game circle won't be vanishing into the night just yet. If anything, the new TV and animated adventures may inspire LucasArts. On the plus side, it also leaves the company with a little extra time to develop some original titles. Or there is always Monkey Island ... or Grim Fandango ... hmmm ...

linkie

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/LucasArts_in_06_96344.asp)
 Ztalker
12-25-2005, 7:10 AM
This is an opinion from the SW forum boards, i've read it too :p
Although this one is more realistic considering the 'Hitman 5-post'...
I'm still believing (hoping) Bioware is maging it, since they gave NvN 2 too Obsidian..
 90SK
12-25-2005, 7:42 AM
I don't think so. If Bioware was at all interested in the KotOR series, they would have made KotOR II. And at this point, another change in developer would ruin the series and it's stability. The plot would be a mangled mess.
 Hallucination
12-25-2005, 11:32 AM
^I doubt Bioware even thought about making a sequel, notice how conclusive K1 is? the sith's most important person was killed, they lost the Star Forge, and their fleet was destroyed (LS). And then on the DS they kill the Republic fleet, Revan takes over again, and he/she has a giant fleet that could kill anyone who wants to stop it. Its more than a little conclusive.
 IndianaSolo
12-25-2005, 2:05 PM
That link from theforce.net is nothing but that person's wish for what would happen.

I don't see how that is even "rumor", let alone concrete fact.

If I post on random sites that I believe KOTOR3 is in production, does that mean it's rumor or fact? No.
 ilwugoalie
12-25-2005, 2:48 PM
Indianasolo, if you want pure fact, glue yourself to LA official site.... kookaburra found something on another site and posted it.... whats your problem with that.... nobody is trying to shove it in your face as fact..... the word fact wasnt even mentioned till you typed it

ilwugoalie you are being rude here, while you may disagree with IndianaSolo, he has a right to his opinion, these aren't facts so he definately can have his say. -RH
 IndianaSolo
12-25-2005, 3:53 PM
Indianasolo, if you want pure fact, glue yourself to LA official site.... kookaburra found something on another site and posted it.... whats your problem with that.... nobody is trying to shove it in your face as fact..... the word fact wasnt even mentioned till you typed it

I was posting in response specifically to that theforce.net link about it being part of a "rumor" that KOTOR3 is in development (that is what this thread is about, is it not?).

My point is that wasn't even a rumor. It was some person on theforce.net saying what he wishes would happen. Rumor is when someone posts that they heard from an inside source, or that someone let it slip, etc. Not some guy posting what he wishes will happen.

And the reason I bring it up is because it's redundant. I can do a google search and find hundreds of links where people are "wishing" KOTOR3 will be made. But what does that have to do a with a K3 rumor thread? Nothing.

I wasn't even trying to be harsh to her. I was simply putting in my opinion that all it is is some wishful thinking on the person from theforce.net's behalf, and that it doesn't even resemble a rumor.
 Archon II
12-25-2005, 4:02 PM
I agree... The author specifically said "So, being the curious type, I've decided to make mention a few New Years Resolutions that hopefully will come true." These are just his/her opinion on what should be released in 2006. There is no fact whatsoever backing up these statements. They aren't even rumors. It's just someone like us rambling on about how they want Kotor 3... And believe me, we all want it now!
 The Source
12-25-2005, 7:12 PM
Hopefully, Mr. George will listen to his fans. I wonder if he goes online to read the responses of game players.
 90SK
12-25-2005, 7:22 PM
I would hope not, with all the **** "fans" have given KotOR II and OE.
 Darth Hawkeye
12-25-2005, 7:24 PM
Thats a for sure hope i think IMO. Oh I'd like to announce Im new to these Forums :)
 The Source
12-25-2005, 7:26 PM
Thats a for sure hope i think IMO. Oh I'd like to announce Im new to these Forums :)

Welcome to the Lucas Nut House... I am the poster child for the disturbed... Hehehe... :)
 kookaburra
12-25-2005, 8:13 PM
Guys

KOTOR III related. (just another speculation I guess)

Take a look at this:

http://gamepage.gaminghorizon.com/media.php?game_id=469)

and this

http://news.gaminghorizon.com/media2/1106847240.40.html)
 IndianaSolo
12-25-2005, 8:31 PM
Guys

KOTOR III related.

Take a look at this:

http://gamepage.gaminghorizon.com/media.php?game_id=469)

and this

http://news.gaminghorizon.com/media2/1106847240.40.html)

That second link has "genre: action" listed.

Unless that's a typo, I wouldn't put too much stock in an article that doesn't even get KOTOR's genre correct.
 The Source
12-25-2005, 9:02 PM
When a person is bored, it is so easy to get lost in speculation. After a while, a person will believe in the speculation. Self included... After I reread those articles, I am beginning to see a reflection of what some of us are saying. Otherwords, some of our words are being used as news, but it is only our speculation... When it comes to KotOR III news, I am getting a little tired of waiting. Therefore, I will believe in anything that hints to KotOR III. After college let out for the break, I started to crack from the lack of homework... Sorry guys and gals...
 JediKnight707
12-26-2005, 1:01 AM
Good find :thumbsup: Just trying to encourage you :)
 kookaburra
12-26-2005, 4:24 AM
Actually guys sorry I just realized that one is out of date, Oh well, hopefully I will post better news next time.
 Ransom
12-26-2005, 7:14 AM
It will be interesting to see the 'True' sith in comparison with the Sith we've been fighting in the other two games...be good if they all wore black cloaks with their hoods over their eyes, all mysterious like :)

heh my guess is malek in evilness would be a child playing with a teddy compered to the true sith
 Darth Fang
12-29-2005, 11:20 AM
i dont know if you all know but......THATS FAKE IT SAYS MAMOTH AND THE REAL NAME IS MAMMOTH..............just google it up and you will see a thing on the top click that it says something with mammoth instead of mamoth therefor its fake sorry about crushing good hopes
:sithk:
 90SK
12-29-2005, 1:09 PM
:eyeraise: I'm not sure I follow, Darth Fang.
 Sith_Reven
12-29-2005, 2:11 PM
I am confused, is this a double post for reassurance or is this actually more news. I could have sworn I have seen this before.
 peku
12-30-2005, 8:54 AM
most of all I wish LA would take policy "It's done when it's done" with KOTOR3. Not pushing to gold before it's sorted out, remembering what happened with kotor2 endgame confusions. I'm quite pleased with long playing experince (about 40 hours first kotor and so) of both, and I do hope they pull out long and complex storyline in third. I don't mind if it lasts 100 hours - the games actually beat as emotional experience the movies imo hands down. There's so much more, plus feeling being there. Hopefully it'll be made with terms of PC hardware, and not some Xbox from where port is made to PC (LA could also make it dvd-only release) with all console "limitations".

I wish there would be proper romance trails with NP characters in K3 - like with bastilla in first, and bit with visas at second. I think interaction and influence with other NP characters is the soul of kotors (plus brilliant storylines). It makes it different from other games, when player gets emotionally involved with NP characters. It feels like Bastilla have soul thru very fine voice acting and options that carefully fool player to forget he is guided. In kotor2, the conversations were more in background, and much less options to things like romance with NP characters was offered.

Imo Visas Marr is one of most intresting charcters in sw-universe, I sure do hope she'll be in K3 (Je t'aime Visas .. Kelly Hu's voice acting just makes your feet feel like molten wax)

I'm ready to pre-order kotor3 the same day LA announces it. Darn, I can buy two copies to support lucasarts if it guarantees it'll come out someday.
 BattleDog
12-30-2005, 7:00 PM
If K3 is rushed I won't buy it. I'm sorry but K2 was wishy washy and generally nowhere as good as K1.
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-30-2005, 7:20 PM
^Same here. I don't want to see anymore plot holes, cut content or bad plots overall.
 90SK
12-30-2005, 7:20 PM
I disagree, outright.

I'll be buying K3 no matter what, because I like the series, and I don't care about the technicalities. If people say it sucks, I'll make that judgment after I play it.
 Lantzen
12-30-2005, 7:30 PM
I agree with Skye. Kotor2 was rushed but it still a very good game.
 Ztalker
12-31-2005, 5:40 AM
Exactly...

Like with the Tony Hawk series, people buy it because they know it will be good.
Lucasarts will not destroy one of their most important money-makers, especially now, since the movies are gone.
 SilverSentinal2
12-31-2005, 9:11 AM
I wish there would be proper romance trails with NP characters in K3 - like with bastilla in first, and bit with visas at second. I think interaction and influence with other NP characters is the soul of kotors (plus brilliant storylines). It makes it different from other games, when player gets emotionally involved with NP characters. It feels like Bastilla have soul thru very fine voice acting and options that carefully fool player to forget he is guided. In kotor2, the conversations were more in background, and much less options to things like romance with NP characters was offered.

Imo Visas Marr is one of most intresting charcters in sw-universe, I sure do hope she'll be in K3 (Je t'aime Visas .. Kelly Hu's voice acting just makes your feet feel like molten wax)

I'm ready to pre-order kotor3 the same day LA announces it. Darn, I can buy two copies to support lucasarts if it guarantees it'll come out someday.

I agree with you 100%! I prefer Fem Rev and Male Exile but Visas got a raw deal in the game. I hope that in 3 we get to fix all the holes and just have fun. People take this so seriously and really it's kind of a kill-joy. Why can't everyone just chill and enjoy the suspence? Some people have been downright mean to Kookahbura because of what she posts. Why its all in good fun? There's a reason it's called GAMING! I think that when it comes out it will be fun to play. Until then we should all just enjoy life.
 IndianaSolo
01-01-2006, 2:28 AM
I disagree, outright.

I'll be buying K3 no matter what, because I like the series, and I don't care about the technicalities. If people say it sucks, I'll make that judgment after I play it.

Agreed.

I had my complaints about KOTOR2 - mainly due to Lucasarts' rushing the product instead of allowing that extra couple of months for fine tuning - but overall I enjoyed my playing experience.

I'll buy K3 regardless of who makes it and whether it scores high on "ratings" sites because I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I will judge for myself whether it meets my expectations.
Page: 2 of 3