Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SW Toys

Page: 1 of 4
 Bon Solar
07-29-2005, 11:18 AM
Well i dug up all the SW toys i could find, sadly i've lost loads of them but are any of these any good/rare or anything?

HERE (http://photobucket.com/albums/v446/ScreamingEagle/SW%20Toys/?sc=1)
 Katarn07
07-29-2005, 1:40 PM
Can't comment on the Micros and Action Fleet, but the figure's aren't worth a whole lot. Retail price maybe? If even that....

I am impressed by you having the backpack with Yoda on that Luke's back. When I was little, I could never get it to stay on, even if it was just sitting there. :p
 Bon Solar
07-29-2005, 2:00 PM
Well they are all toys i played with as a boy (im now 15 so not too long ago) and yer the backpack is a b**** and i secretly only have one strap in a hole and the other tucked under the arm :). I had another minature on a stand like the one on the black stand and it was a snow fighter (name?) but i've lost that. Also i have LOADS of starwars lego but i've lost lots of pieces. Im still looking for other SW toys as there are more.

I'm happy i've found my ORIGINAL metal Thunderbirds collection, i have them all and apparantly they are worth a bit but ill keep them for now :)
 Katarn07
07-29-2005, 2:07 PM
I say just display them or pack them up and keep them. One of two things will happen. You'll find them one day and they're worth millions (pah, I doubt it :p) or you'll just get warm fuzzy feelings inside.
 Bon Solar
07-29-2005, 2:15 PM
Is it worth buying the modern SW toys do you think?
 daring dueler
07-29-2005, 2:35 PM
yah thats all basically worthless sory, and the newest stuff...no...
 ZBomber
07-30-2005, 12:46 AM
The deluxe are cool, but don't really fetch for anything.
 Katarn07
07-30-2005, 1:05 AM
Is it worth buying the modern SW toys do you think?

Don't ever collect something for the money. Collect it because you find it fun and enjoyable. I started out collecting right from the get go in '95 with my dad as long as getting dupes of the guys to take out and play with. I was only 8 at the time and pretty much loved collecting since. Well.... I've been pissed about Hasbro's SW line for sometime. My advice? Don't bother. It's become a chore for us veterans at times and it doesn't pay off if it's not worth anything.

By the way, I'm digging the new style of this place. Except the smilies. They such. Not using another for a long time.
 Bon Solar
07-30-2005, 4:52 AM
Ok thanx guys, I've found out the men are POTF2 figures and the others are MM. I was thinking of collecting the games but i was told it was pointless :S
 Zappa_0
07-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Katarn is right if you want to collect something do it for the love of it. I guess ive started collecting around 97 or something like. Ive got most of the POTF2 stuff, but kinda slacked down after POTJ came out. But ive collected all the TPM, AOTC and ROTS figures. Nothing much from that OTC line and power of the jedi line aswell.
 Katarn07
07-30-2005, 1:20 PM
Ok thanx guys, I've found out the men are POTF2 figures and the others are MM. I was thinking of collecting the games but i was told it was pointless :S

Which games? Board games and video games are fun but probably worthless. The original SW Monopoly was worth alot for awhile. Not sure anymore with all the new versions made.

Or are you referring to card and miniature games? Can't comment on the cards, but the minis are worth quite a bit if you have a complete set. They just reprinted the first set, Rebel Storm. If you're interested, get those now while they're still out. Once they're gone, they're gone and prices for out of print minis are high. Clone Strike and Revenge of the Sith are outta print now. Very hard to come by (well, there's a few RotS things here and there but stores won't get more in after it's gone) and the prices on the secondary market are outta this world. I started collecting them for the fun of it. It's a bonus knowing how much they're worth....

If value and fun interests you, I recommend getting into that instead of the figures. The next set, Universe Huge, comes out in August.
 Bon Solar
07-30-2005, 1:32 PM
What are minis??

By the way, is this sort of thing worth the price? :

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=promo&page=title&r=GADG&title=627495)
 Bon Solar
07-30-2005, 1:38 PM
I found the mini's. They look wicked, ive found a UK based site which has all 3 series in stock. Are they metal, what size are they, good quality?
 ZBomber
07-30-2005, 2:02 PM
They are like, little statues. I would say they are no bigger than an inch. They are pretty good quality, and they are plastic.
 Bon Solar
07-30-2005, 2:15 PM
ok, thanx, Im going to order a few from the net and start from there. I'll go for Rebel Storm first.
 daring dueler
07-30-2005, 2:23 PM
If you like the minis, and it will be fun for you, i recomend collecting those over basic figures...at least with those you have a large quantity to focus on, and alot of them are fairly easy to get.
 Bon Solar
07-30-2005, 2:28 PM
I just Ordered, From the Rebel Storm Collection

1 x 20 Wookiee Soldier
1 x 15 Rebel Commando
1 x 16 Rebel Officer
1 x 59 Twi'lek Scoundrel
1 x 57 Tusken Raider
1 x 53 Mon Calamari Mercenary
1 x 51 Jawa
1 x 45 Ewok
1 x 35 Snowtrooper
1 x 19 Rebel Trooper
1 x 18 Rebel Trooper
1 x 17 Rebel Pilot
1 x 8 Hoth Trooper
1 x 6 Elite Rebel Trooper
1 x 29 Imperial Officer
1 x 41 Bespin Guard

16 Figures for Ј20.50
13 for Ј1
3 for Ј2.50

Also for paying over Ј10 on my order i am getting a free figure from the collection so i'll have 17 pieces :)
 daring dueler
07-30-2005, 2:34 PM
yah, none of those are like rare or worth anything, but they are all nice looking figures and are a good display item.
 Bon Solar
07-30-2005, 2:38 PM
Well, i thought the cheap ones were a good start to my collection :)
 daring dueler
07-30-2005, 7:06 PM
Yessum, why go expensive first, might end up being a waste...
 Bon Solar
07-30-2005, 7:10 PM
I'll see how i like them, if i do i'll go on ebay and pay for the rarer ones. I have money burning a hole in my pocket and i dont pay for living,mortage or anything cos im 15, woop.

Ebay does have a lot of stuff going pretty cheaply. Im waiting on one with a few days to go that is 67 RS Pieces (some repeats) all still in packaging with cards that is only a quid. If it stays around 10-15 quid ill get it. Im gonna collect RS for now despite Clone *cant remember 2nd bit* being my faviourite looking due to LS's :D
 ZBomber
07-30-2005, 7:23 PM
I personally don't like eBay for getting things you can get elsewhere, I don't see the point as you usually don't save that much money, and have to worry about damages and what not.
 Bon Solar
07-30-2005, 7:29 PM
http://www.the13thfloor.co.uk/)

http://www.the13thfloor.co.uk/indexstarwars.asp)

Theres the place i got my miniatures earlier. Don't know wheather those prices are good?

But they seem to have a fair few from the 3 collections.
 Katarn07
07-30-2005, 9:17 PM
Skip Clone Strike. This was the crummiest set when it came to quality and it's the most expensive at the moment. It's impossible to find boosters or anything of any kind for near retail price.

It's best to order cases when possible. You're guaranteed a R/ VR ration opposed to buying individual boosters. It's a bit steep in price, but totally worth it if you're going to really get into it. See how you like these things. Hell, you might like the game as well. I do and casually play it now and then. Mainly a collector though.
 Bon Solar
07-31-2005, 4:48 AM
Boosters it says contain a R/VR, 2 Uncommon and 4 common or something..
 Katarn07
07-31-2005, 3:04 PM
Yes. The ones you bought are commons and uncommons. Cool pieces for the most part worth only what you paid for them. The rares and very rares are those really expensive ones. In one booster, you're guaranteed that ratio you listed. There's a 1 in 3 chance that the rare inside your booster will be a very rare (this is why you're better off going with cases; four very rares and eight rares in a case of 12; 2 very rares and 4 rares in a case of 6). Info on the rarity of these new 'Huge' pieces is limited. I'm hoping that it's possible to get a very rare Huge and still get a rare or very rare normal piece.
 daring dueler
07-31-2005, 3:37 PM
I have not really bought cases or anything, i was just lucky with the boosters i got. Clone strike actually is not sellign well around here, most stores that carry them always seem to have a pretty good stock, but rebel Strike is totally gone, i bought the last 5 packs i saw... Havent seen any since.
 Bon Solar
07-31-2005, 3:49 PM
Well, ill keep looking around to find the best prices and things. Should get my order on Tuesday or perhaps even Monday. I also know a few sort of hobby shops/collecting/toy shops near me so ill check them for SW Mini's.

I'm also contemplating the mini Lightsabers or Obi-Wan stuff in general
 Katarn07
07-31-2005, 4:03 PM
There are tons of Obi minis if you just wanna go after those. There's one in the Rebel Storm set. I bought mine on eBay for $30 with shipping. Pretty steep, but I really wanted him :p

There is also General Kenobi in the Clone Strike set and Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Master from RotS. There's Obi on the Boga in the Universe Huge set. I don't want it and it'll be trade fodder for me.
 Bon Solar
07-31-2005, 4:07 PM
Well i want all the minis but all the Obi-Wan minis would rock aswell as other Obi-wan stuff.
 Katarn07
07-31-2005, 4:20 PM
There are tons of cheap Obi figures for sale. Maybe it's a good thing that not worth that much? :p My favorites are the following:

Power of the Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi or Original Trilogy Collection Obi-Wan Kenobi (they're the same thing, different cards; the latter is the better pick if you're leaving him in the package)

Original Trilogy Collection Spirit Obi-Wan (so much better than the Lays mailaway which I have a fondness for since I played with it)

Power of the Force 2 Flashback Photo Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi (he's got the hood and was the first to be able to hold his saber with two hands)

'96 12" Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenboi (they redid Old Ben in '04, but the original has a better sculpt despite his lack of articulation)

'99 12" Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)

'02 12" Obi-Wan Kenobi (AotC)

FAO Exclusive Epic Force Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi (I have all the Epic Force guys save for the three FAO exclusives)

Epic Force Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)
 Bon Solar
07-31-2005, 6:17 PM
Im bidding for Lando Calrissian on Ebay now, only Ј2 and he's in mint condition with card and 2 minutes to go.

EDIT : Won it, Ј2 which is a bit less than $4. Im told he's rare? = A good buy?
 Katarn07
07-31-2005, 7:59 PM
Yes it is. That's what I try to sell my rares at. No more than $5, even though stores get more for them. I sold three of my five rare duplicates at $3.99 on eBay. Traded a Bossk for Anakin Jedi Knight and am gonna trade my Tarkin for an R2-D2. Then my Rebel Storm set will be complete :cool: Me and daring traded. My dupe very rare Boba for his very rare Probe Droid. We both won from it I think. I could have screwed him over and taken his Wampa too :p If you trade off those boards I showed ya, there are people to take advantage of. I try not to being a nice guy. A lot of the people I could jip are your age so do be careful if you do go on there ;) Always trade a rare for a rare and a very rare for a very rare. Maybe two rares for one very rare or vice versa. One time I was able to trade two uncommons for a rare and eight uncommons for two rares. You just gotta look for the best deal ;)
 Bon Solar
07-31-2005, 8:03 PM
Good to know, thanx. I got my eye on a few ebay items. Theres Bail Organa for 99p with not very long to go and hes VR so im hoping he stays that price. Also a few RS VR's for cheap prices too.
 Katarn07
07-31-2005, 8:11 PM
Oh one last thing about value. Most people buying these things aren't like us. They're miniatures gamers. The better pieces for the game sell for more. Sure, Boba Fett looks cool, but he also is one of the best pieces in the game. Therefore, he sells for $30+. If you like Boba and are willing to pay some dough for him, $30 ain't bad. He'll go back up to $50+ once the Rebel Storm reissue is outta print. It's really limited quantity so it won't be too long before that happens. Enjoy these "low" prices while you can. They'll shoot back up. I'm able to finish my set by making some VR purchases on eBay. Wampa only $15 (usually $20+), Dewback from the same guy $25 (usually $30+). I found the Dewback for less, but it's easier to buy from the same seller. Besides, I made $15 from all my auctions and have a lot of commons/ uncommons I'll list on there next week.
 Bon Solar
07-31-2005, 8:15 PM
Well i should have 18/60 for the RS in a few days (aslong as freebie with order is a different character) Isn't bad for 2 days :D - I'm trying to find the really cheap ones on ebay, some auction are clearly missed by others so ill take advantage.

Have you got pictures of your collection?
 Katarn07
07-31-2005, 8:26 PM
It's scattered all over my room. I'd have taken a pic by now, but I take them off the shelf to play and stuff. Plus I got some diorama thing going for it. Half of them are on my minis shelf, the other half are now on my dresser. Everything is spread out and not looking decent. I will post pics later, but believe me, they won't do my collection justice. I didn't bother putting the stuff back due to this next set. I'm going to wait for this next set before displaying my stuff again. If you're interested in what I have, I will soon have all of the RS set along with all of the unique Jedi from the other two sets. I skipped the dupe of Agen in RotS, and instead of getting both Obis and Anakins, I got them from RotS because I loved that movie as much as the originals. I got all of the non-unique fringers from CS and RotS as well. I love the aliens and Fringers the most :cool:
 Bon Solar
07-31-2005, 8:30 PM
Yer, Jedi's from the other two sets sounds good. Aswell as mini's i think ill make a special Obi-wan section in my collection when i find space to display it. Obi-wan rules :p
 Katarn07
07-31-2005, 8:36 PM
daring has a thing for Boba like you do Obi. I told him to post updated pics of it now that he's got the mini of him. I advise you do the same for you Obi collection if at all possible ;) We post pics of our collection here (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=89158). Don't bother looking at my links; they're all broken. I will update them eventually I suppose if you're curious. daring and Z have seen it. Not sure about Zappa.
 Bon Solar
07-31-2005, 8:56 PM
Wow...those are huge collections, i don't know if i'd dedicate a ROOM to my figures, i might take over the cellar and display my stuff down there or make a little room in this attic bit i have to display them. My room is huge but filled with my drum kit, computer, tv, ps2,xbox and all the normal other stuff.
 Katarn07
07-31-2005, 9:01 PM
I got my bedroom and half of my basement. When I started this I was 8. I was cool for having all of these things in my room. But 10 years later, I kinda regret it. Don't get me wrong, I still love what I have. But would rather not have it being in my room. It can all go in my basement and I could move the TV and XBOX into my room.

All of these pics are over two years old. Mine don't show. I'll retake mine for ya to see ;)
 daring dueler
07-31-2005, 9:23 PM
Yah i wanna take more pics, and especially of my boba stuff. My room is pretty big so i fit my colelction, and a tv with xbox and ps2 lol..and my pc. Right now my boba collection has alot more small stuff, but i dotn have my potf2 red or green card in it (carded) i had them on my wall, and then boxed them to make room for votc and such...gotta find them. I remember your pics katarn...they were awsome, but now they are all gone.

Btw as for other great obi wan collectibles, check ebay for applause items. They are plastic statues, that are nice, and usually cheap.
 Katarn07
08-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Forgot Applause because I don't own any. They're pretty cool things for the price though ;)

Yeah, the old cable company was AT&T but they got bought up by Comcast. Once our internet sevice changed, all my pics of the AT&T site vanished. They're all on my old PC's harddrive which is a piece of **** and won't start.
 daring dueler
08-01-2005, 9:16 PM
Yah i recomend the 95' applause obiwan over the 97..its just better, and cheap. I got all my applause for 3-5 bucks, minus boba..which cost me a cool 10 after some haggling.
 Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 5:16 AM
Got the 16 figures today, they are all here and looking awesome. Instead of one free piece i got 2!! and i got the Bothan Spy and the Duros Mercenary so have 18 unique pieces now, woop!! Also with Lando coming there will be 19.
 Okura
08-02-2005, 10:12 AM
I have quite alot of Star Wars toys I quite like them! ^_^ I have a General Grevious, Nute Gunray, Runne Hakko, Padm'e, Obi Wan, Qui Gon, Darth Vader.

I have them on a self in my room, there used for display use. I have also got a Darth Maul but I have no removed it from the packet. I hope one day it will be worth a lot of money! ^_^

-Okura
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 1:19 PM
Good for you Bon, glad to hear you like them.

Dont count on that maul being worth anything for many, many years..
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 1:35 PM
Just to clear up something you mentioned about your minis. All the ones you have are nonuniques. A unique mini is like Lando or any character that only one exists of. In the game, if the mini is a unique, you can only have one on the map at any given time. All the rest, you can have multiple ones of. Stormies are nonuniques for obvious reasons but the aliens can serve useful in numbers.
 Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 2:04 PM
I ment unique as i only have one of.
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 2:21 PM
I was gonna say something about the unique comment, but i wasnt sure how you meant it, so i said nothing. Katarn do you know the release dat for the new minis?
Page: 1 of 4